PDA

View Full Version : Most Feared Playoff team:

LatrobePA
01-03-2011, 03:34 PM
What's missing here??? Call me a homer I guess!!

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/09000d5d81d6b511/article/most-feared-playoff-field-includes-number-of-dangerous-teams?module=HP_cp2

Blazedby92
01-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Nothing different than usual, I like it like that the thing is that it's the media saying that, you wouldn't hear any coaches saying they aren't worried about the black and gold plus you all know the media dosen't want Steelers win another one til atleast someone catches up to them or the Pats do.

steelersbabex25
01-03-2011, 03:40 PM
That's kind of humerous. You fear the Chiefs before the Steelers? Really..

Blazedby92
01-03-2011, 03:42 PM
That's kind of humerous. You fear the Chiefs before the Steelers? Really..

Yeah really, sounds like someone is trying to be the first to say I told you so but most likely get laughed at, he is a funny guy I guess. Good one Rich

LatrobePA
01-03-2011, 03:46 PM
More fuel for the fire IMO...

stratocaster68
01-03-2011, 03:51 PM
I think there is a lot to be said about having been to the Superbowl before. Most players say it makes a big difference to have been there and done that before. Nobody seems to take that into consideration.
BD

franchise3
01-03-2011, 03:51 PM
More fuel for the fire IMO...

Exactly. I like it, and more importantly Art likes it too. Someone on here has a quote in the signature from him saying that he likes when we are underestimated.

coldrolled
01-03-2011, 03:57 PM

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/09000d5d81d6b511/article/most-feared-playoff-field-includes-number-of-dangerous-teams?module=HP_cp2

The Arian's Factor makes this possible... Our offense is the first remark from all of them as to why we are not a top threat.

Scorp
01-03-2011, 04:01 PM
The Arian's Factor makes this possible... Our offense is the first remark from all of them as to why we are not a top threat.

They just don't want to admit it. :yellowthumb:

TampaSteelGirl
01-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Who cares???? I like the pressure being off the Steelers...let them say what they want, it doesn't matter ONE ioda what they say....:tt02:

Steel Trap86
01-03-2011, 04:03 PM
I don't think the Saints are a dangerous team at all. Brees is sick, but they are already out of their element as a 5th seed. No home field advantage like last year, they just got run over by the Bucs, and if they do beat the Seahawks they will get whipped by the Bears in cold windy Chicago.

Scorp
01-03-2011, 04:06 PM
I don't think the Saints are a dangerous team at all. Brees is sick, but they are already out of their element as a 5th seed. No home field advantage like last year, they just got run over by the Bucs, and if they do beat the Seahawks they will get whipped by the Bears in cold windy Chicago.

I'm dreaming of a Steelers/Bears Super Bowl. :yellowthumb:

SteelCityKid5
01-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Patriots hands down

LarryNJ
01-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Patriots hands down

:plus1:

If you watch the video they all say the same thing. It's really clear cut.

If you read the rest the question was ask in a different manner. All of those guys except 1 picked wild card teams. It shows that they are picking more of a surprise team, the Steelers of 05 or the Cards.

There's no need to over react, the Steelers haven't had a year as good as the Pats but have been better or equal to most of the other teams. It wouldn't be a huge surprise if the won it all or if the lost in the AFCC game.

I've been dreaming and waiting for a Steelers/Eagles SB for 10 years now.

tburg68
01-03-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm dreaming of a Steelers/Bears Super Bowl. :yellowthumb:

Me too, I live in Chicago!!!

steelchamp204
01-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Wow, noone on the steelers bandwagon, but wasnt that how it was in 05? Noone gave us a chance to win 3 straight in the playoffs on the road, but we really dont do well when we were the number 1 or 2 seed, but seriosuly though, the ****ing chiefs having a better chance than the steelers, gtfo.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-03-2011, 06:01 PM
I luv the fact that they do not mention us, i hope it fuels us to prove em wrong:tt02:

SteelDad
01-03-2011, 06:18 PM
The SB goes through New England. Period. End of Report.

One comment that it pains me to make, but I'll make it nonetheless is that Arians should get some credit for his play-calling and design the last couple of weeks. The adjustments to get those slant routes and quick-ins have been solid and he has come up with a few wrinkles in the run game as well.

LatrobePA
01-03-2011, 06:40 PM
The SB goes through New England. Period. End of Report.

One comment that it pains me to make, but I'll make it nonetheless is that Arians should get some credit for his play-calling and design the last couple of weeks. The adjustments to get those slant routes and quick-ins have been solid and he has come up with a few wrinkles in the run game as well.

Well then we're F**KED! They already won according to all the press!!

mwittman5
01-03-2011, 07:55 PM
on espn around the horn they were talking about who is the team capable of beating the patriots and everybody said the ravens or colts, no mention of the steelers. Time to show them whos wrong :rant2:

Goodfrom55
01-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Most feared playoff team is the Steelers beating themselves.

SteelCityKid5
01-03-2011, 09:19 PM
It's not a matter of who's the better football team, its a matter of who plays the best football in the playoffs

steelersbabex25
01-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Well then we're F**KED! They already won according to all the press!!

And as we all know, the media is always right.

Lunchbucket
01-03-2011, 10:52 PM
If they want to call New England the most feared team,so be it , If the cards fall we go to NE then, I would love to see the Steelers march into Foxboro and kick some a$$.I truely believe we should fear no one.......remember, 2005 no one in the national media gave us a chance as a wild card.:tt02::cope:

Clevelandsux
01-03-2011, 11:01 PM
The Chiefs are too me scary for the Steelers, because we aren't familiar with them. We know the Ravens. Played the jets. But the Patriots are no doubt the scariest team out there and the team to beat. So if the Steelers are to get back to the sB, they will most likely have to find a way to beat the Patriots.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-03-2011, 11:18 PM

It is great to be a sleeper. Even post game coverage on the sports networks has been low key to for the steelers. Great. Does not put a ton of pressure on the players or unnecessarily put them in the spotlight with a bunch dumb *** sports reporters[sic].

Lunchbucket
01-03-2011, 11:35 PM
It is great to be a sleeper. Even post game coverage on the sports networks has been low key to for the steelers. Great. Does not put a ton of pressure on the players or unnecessarily put them in the spotlight with a bunch dumb *** sports reporters[sic].

:plus1:Good Post ! :yellowthumb:

MattyVfromCT
01-04-2011, 07:58 AM

i wouldnt want it any other way. i LOVE the fact nobody is talking about us. kinda like back in 08. there are so many similarities to 08 its not even funny. call me superstitious but lets look.

both 08 and 10:
12-4 record
#2 seed with a first round bye
beat cleveland in week 17 and put up 41 points on the clowns in those games
we got smacked around by the #1 seed in the regular season
the media all gushed over those #1 seeds (titans, pats) while overlooking us
we lost a game wearing our throwbacks (giants in 08, pats in 10)
both of those teams played in super bowl 42
we went into our week 17 games allowing 223 points
big ben threw 17 td's during the regular season
the afc north was decided by a late season classic comeback win in baltimore
we led the league in points allowed
our offensive lines were terrible BUT played better late in the year

i could go on. im just sayin...... keep your fingers crossed steeler nation :crossfingers:

lol but all superstitions aside i love that we arent getting much attention from the media and i love what im hearing from the locker room. the vast majority of our players DID NOT wear any of the afc north champions gear after the game. there was no champagne in the locker room nor any celebration. these guys have been here before. they are focused and seem to be back in the "us against the world" mentality that they had back in 05 AND 08. with our defense, big ben's big game ability and clutch play, the maturation of our young receivers, and HOPEFULLY the return of aaron smith, i really like our chances :tt02:

LarryNJ
01-04-2011, 09:33 AM
I like how you think Matty! :)

pimplydan
01-04-2011, 09:39 AM
hey that video is awesume.Your writing and video sparked me up great post MattyV

LatrobePA
01-04-2011, 09:46 AM
I have a feeling we'll host the Rats...

LarryNJ
01-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Here you go..now many of you will feel better that your team is being respected. :lol:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/nfl-wild-card-power-rankings-010311?GT1=39002#photo-title=Pittsburgh%20Steelers&photo=24591013

With strong safety Troy Polamalu back, the Steelers looked dominant in a 41-9 win against the host Cleveland Browns. The Steelers might be the one team in the AFC capable of beating the Patriots.

LatrobePA
01-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Here you go..now many of you will feel better that your team is being respected. :lol:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/nfl-wild-card-power-rankings-010311?GT1=39002#photo-title=Pittsburgh%20Steelers&photo=24591013

Thanks, now I can rest!! lol

MDSteel15
01-04-2011, 03:39 PM
The most feared team should be the one that nobody is talking about because it will be the one that sneaks up and bites you in the azz..... :eek1:

LatrobePA
01-04-2011, 03:53 PM
The most feared team should be the one that nobody is talking about because it will be the one that sneaks up and bites you in the azz..... :eek1:

Very true...Kinda like the preseason SB champ Cowboys!! hahaha

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2011, 01:14 PM
The Patriots are on a collision course with the Super Bowl right now. Nobody has proven they can beat the Patriots or have any type of gameplan that consistently works against them. If someone does beat them, Belichick will fix whatever broke down to cause the loss so it doesn't happen twice.

The only way to beat them is pressure Brady and break up the timing of that offense. The problem is that he gets rid of the ball so quick and uses so many targets that if you don't have everything clicking on defense on every play, they can burn you.

They can be beat, there is no doubt, however it takes a monster effort by everyone. Quite honestly I'd like our chances against them more in a shootout, since we have as many if not more weapons on offense as they do.

MDSteel15
01-05-2011, 01:41 PM
The Patriots are on a collision course with the Super Bowl right now. Nobody has proven they can beat the Patriots or have any type of gameplan that consistently works against them. If someone does beat them, Belichick will fix whatever broke down to cause the loss so it doesn't happen twice.

The only way to beat them is pressure Brady and break up the timing of that offense. The problem is that he gets rid of the ball so quick and uses so many targets that if you don't have everything clicking on defense on every play, they can burn you.

They can be beat, there is no doubt, however it takes a monster effort by everyone. Quite honestly I'd like our chances against them more in a shootout, since we have as many if not more weapons on offense as they do.

Except the Stains!?!?! :stirpot:

steelersbabex25
01-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Except the Stains!?!?! :stirpot:

That was before they started cheating again.

coldrolled
01-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Very true...Kinda like the preseason SB champ Cowboys!! hahaha

the nfl channel's talking heads had the cowboys vs chargers for the SB.

i think the last three years the chargers were the SB favorite for the afc, according to those brainiacs.

Real Deal Steel
01-06-2011, 01:28 AM
The playoffs are a totally different animal then the regular season.

With that said, when Jay Cutler, Matt Cassell and the other key playoff newbie's enter the pressure cooker for the first time, we will see quit a few of them unacheive.

coldrolled
01-06-2011, 09:24 AM
The playoffs are a totally different animal then the regular season.

With that said, when Jay Cutler, Matt Cassell and the other key playoff newbie's enter the pressure cooker for the first time, we will see quit a few of them unacheive.

it would be nice to see KC underachieve at Heinz field and the Jets over achieve in Foxboro.

I want a rematch steelers vs jets..

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2011, 11:39 AM
The more I think about it, playing at home the Chiefs have a decent shot of taking down the Ravens this weekend. I'm still not convinced they will win but I think they've got a better chance than people think.