PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want the Steelers to draft in RD 2?

mwittman5
01-02-2011, 08:29 PM
chiefs, ravens, or colts? I want the chiefs but I think the Colts will win and play the steelers in RD 2 with the ravens going to new england.

LarryNJ
01-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Colts, than the Ravens in the championship

steelersbabex25
01-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Doesn't matter what we want. Whatever happens, happens.

SnakeEyes43
01-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Ideal for me would to smash Manning and the Colts in RD 2, and send the Ratbirds home again losers in the AFC championship.

Scorp
01-02-2011, 10:06 PM
We are undefeated in the playoffs against the colts. Don't think we lost to the ratbirds. Lost to the chiefs once, but these chiefs are nothing like the 90's chiefs. We're pretty much set for the divisional round. Bring on whoever dares think they can knock out the Steelers at home.

StlersGuy
01-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Doesn't matter what we want. Whatever happens, happens.

Thats how I feel also. However if I had say I would like to see the JETS and have the Rats play the Pats and win so they would have to come to our house

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

LatrobePA
01-02-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm comfused!

If the rats win do we face them??

:::nevermind, we'll face the highest seed..

Real Deal Steel
01-02-2011, 10:17 PM
No. The Ravens will win and go play the Patriots and the Ravens will eliminate the Patriots while we play the Colts and eliminate them. Then the Ravens come to the steel cage and then we beat the dog snot out of the Ravens and go on to the super bowl.

Scorp
01-02-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm comfused!

If the rats win do we face them??

NFL WILD CARD WEEKEND

Saturday, January 8

NFC: 4:30 PM (ET) New Orleans at St. Louis/Seattle (NBC-TV)
AFC: 8:00 PM (ET) New York Jets at Indianapolis (NBC-TV)

Sunday, January 9

AFC: 1:00 PM (ET) Baltimore at Kansas City (CBS-TV)

NFC: 4:30 PM (ET) Green Bay at Philadelphia (FOX-TV)

NFL DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS

Saturday, January 15

AFC: 4:30 PM (ET) Indianapolis or Kansas City or Baltimore at Pittsburgh (CBS-TV)
NFC: 8:00 PM (ET) St. Louis/Seattle or New Orleans or Green Bay at Atlanta (FOX-TV)

Sunday, January 16

NFC: 1:00 PM (ET) Philadelphia or St. Louis/Seattle or New Orleans at Chicago (FOX-TV)

AFC: 4:30 PM (ET) Kansas City or Baltimore or New York Jets at New England (CBS-TV)

In the divisional playoffs, the division champion with the best record in each conference will host the lowest seeded Wild Card survivor. Once teams are seeded for the playoffs, positions do not change:

tburg68
01-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Thats how I feel also. However if I had say I would like to see the JETS and have the Rats play the Pats and win so they would have to come to our house

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

Jets are the one team the Steelers can't play in the Second Round. If they beat the Chiefs, the automatically play the Pats as the 6th seed.

I'm not very confident in the Steelers beating the Pats, so I would like to see the Colts in Round 2, with the Rats beating the Patriots. This would then be followed by the Steelers pounding Baltimore in the AFC Championship game!

LarryNJ
01-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Jets are the one team the Steelers can't play in the Second Round. If they beat the Chiefs, the automatically play the Pats as the 6th seed.

I'm not very confident in the Steelers beating the Pats, so I would like to see the Colts in Round 2, with the Rats beating the Patriots. This would then be followed by the Steelers pounding Baltimore in the AFC Championship game!

You're right except the Jets are playing the Colts. :)

Raleigh Steel
01-03-2011, 05:03 AM
i may be in the minority here but i eventually want to play the patriots in their house. like the great ric flair said:

TO BE THE MAN, YOU'VE GOT TO BEAT THE MAN! WOOOOOOOOO!

don't know why, but i think we can beat them this time around.

DIESELMAN
01-03-2011, 07:05 AM
i may be in the minority here but i eventually want to play the patriots in their house. like the great ric flair said:

don't know why, but i think we can beat them this time around.

I agree!! :yellowthumb:

SteelDad
01-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Whether Balt. wins or loses in New England doesn't matter because that will be a war and hopefully the Ratbirds will show us some things to do against Brady since our D doesn't have a clue against him.

LatrobePA
01-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Whether Balt. wins or loses in New England doesn't matter because that will be a war and hopefully the Ratbirds will show us some things to do against Brady since our D doesn't have a clue against him.

Just like Brady at shower time in college - It's all about the TE's...

Pressure, pressure, and more pressure is how you beat this fruitcake!!

coldrolled
01-03-2011, 09:29 AM

Blitz brady up the middle... all the time.. there is no time to blitz him running around the tackles... where will he run to anyway? around the end? he is a three legged camel... dial it up Dick.

:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

cmerrifield
01-03-2011, 09:33 AM
I dont care who we play round 2, we are going to be very well rested and fresh for that game, 10 days off, kill the Browns, 2 weeks off and then win our first playoff game. I do think we can beat Brady and the Pats, but we have to Blitz. Our Defense will have to play to win, high risk/high reward blitz plays. Our secondary can cover anyone for 2 seconds.

SteelDad
01-03-2011, 11:40 AM

Now THAT.....:clap: is funny.

Real Deal Steel
01-04-2011, 01:45 AM
The key when you play Brady is to get that push up the middle and make him move. He'w way less effective if you've got him moving.

Nalga of the Ravens causes them problems becuause he pushes that pocket and Brady can't step up the way he wants to.

Nolrog
01-04-2011, 06:45 AM
I'd take Seattle and Atlanta if I could. That's the easiest path to the SB.

Indy in round 2, KC in the AFC Championship game though the chances of that happening are next to nil.

I think the Colts beat the Jets (they need to be knocked down a peg anyway) and the Ravens beat the Chiefs. That brings Indy to Pitt and Baltimore to NE.

coldrolled
01-04-2011, 08:47 AM
I think the Colts beat the Jets (they need to be knocked down a peg anyway) and the Ravens beat the Chiefs. That brings Indy to Pitt and Baltimore to NE.

What is are our win pct.. after we play a team that the ravens played the week before?

I would like to see the ravens in foxboro next week... that would put the colts here.

Then the ravens either win or tenderize the pats a little for us..

SteelDad
01-04-2011, 11:41 AM
The key when you play Brady is to get that push up the middle and make him move. He'w way less effective if you've got him moving.

Nalga of the Ravens causes them problems becuause he pushes that pocket and Brady can't step up the way he wants to.

The talking heads at ESPN made a good point Sunday about the teams that have given Brady problems this year. Jets, Browns, Ravens and Colts. I have always argued that a 4-3 is better against Brady when you can get the 'up-the-middle-push' you're speaking of with just 4 or maybe 5 rushers. (Like the Giants in the SB) However, the Jets, Ravens and Browns play 3-4's or a version of it anyway so does that mean it comes down to personnel or execution? To me, we should not have the problems we do when we face Brady, but he continuously kills us and that points to personnel, especially at 3rd and 4th corner against those spread sets.

LatrobePA
01-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Brady, take a knee, Dick is coming!!

I believe DL will have a game plan for this prick!

Dean Denton
01-05-2011, 04:23 AM

don't know why, but i think we can beat them this time around. Yeah, i have to agree with you. So for me, I would like to see the Colts so we can get warmed up with Manning to get ready for Brady. Not to mention sending the Ravens to new england will help soften up Brady a little bit. I think its time for the Steelers to beat the Pats like they have done to the steelers for too long. Twice they have beat the Steelers at home in the AFC championship game with Brady, its time for payback.....Bring on Brady, this team is ready.

pimplydan
01-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Brady, take a knee, Dick is coming!!

I believe DL will have a game plan for this prick!

Well sayed :lol:
We need to beat the Colts at home, then go to New England and finish the pounding the Ravens started on Brady.

LatrobePA
01-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Ravens win and the Jets win I have a feeling.

pimplydan
01-05-2011, 09:32 AM
I have no fealing with this game ,Colts vs Jets, you never know which team will show up!
Either team may play like crap

LatrobePA
01-05-2011, 09:35 AM
I have no fealing with this game ,Colts vs Jets, you never know which team will show up!
Either team may play like crap

True, but I'll tell you I could see an upset in KC...

pimplydan
01-05-2011, 10:29 AM
you mean you see K C beating the Ravens , right

LatrobePA
01-05-2011, 11:51 AM
you mean you see K C beating the Ravens , right

Yes...They will try to run the ball and I think the Ravens can be ran on...But we'll see!!

Real Deal Steel
01-06-2011, 12:13 AM
When the other team only has ONE WIDE RECIEVER, the Ravens can put everything into stoping the run and double Dwayne Bowe.

If you want to be able to run on the Ravens, you have to have a full fledged passing game. Not just ONE wide receiver.

23-9...Ravens.