PDA

View Full Version : Redzone offense looked much better

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2011, 05:08 PM
The week off and the fact that it's the Browns were just the medicine that an ailing redzone offense needed. out of 5 first half possessions they had 4 TD's. Then started off the 2nd half with a TD drive that ate up about 7 minutes and finished off with a Randel El pass to Ward in the back of the endzone.

Browns or not the offense needed this game and they needed to really show some improvement in the redzone. They were getting better last week vs the Panthers but still left a lot of plays on the field. Today they didn't punt until the 3rd quarter so you gotta love that.

They will need more of this type of efficiency heading into the post season. No room for error or missed opportunities from here on out. You score every time you get the chance and leave nothing on the field. This is where it all starts really counting so there is zero room for error.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-02-2011, 05:24 PM
It's about time but that was against the Clowns...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2011, 05:53 PM
True, but considering how bad they've been most of the year it was nice to see them play better vs the Jets, then alittle bit better vs the Panthers, and then have a great game today. They are far from perfect but any progress is worth noting and being excited about heading into the post season.

airbrake 1
01-02-2011, 05:54 PM
It sure was...what i really liked today was how many times our guys just continued to keep their legs churning for extra yardage after first contact...the one where miller pushed the defender for an extra 10 yards was awesome...nice to see dwyer get some playing time hopefully he can become our short yardage guy:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Indeed, the backups getting significant reps today was a real plus. At any time those guys could have to step in and perform so all the experience they can get will be beneficial. For once we were actually expecting to see TD's in the redzone instead of FG's, and that's a refreshing turn of events.

DanRooney
01-02-2011, 07:36 PM
It sure was...what i really liked today was how many times our guys just continued to keep their legs churning for extra yardage after first contact...the one where miller pushed the defender for an extra 10 yards was awesome...nice to see dwyer get some playing time hopefully he can become our short yardage guy:tt02:

Dwyer should take over for Moore. Redman isn't going to let go of his short yardage duties.

UKSTEELER
01-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Best playcalling we've seen all year, nice short crossers, dump offs to backs in the flat, wow who'd av dunked it!

If we can roll like this in the next game we're looking good.

Can Arians call two good games in a row? I hope so.

LatrobePA
01-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Dwyer should take over for Moore. Redman isn't going to let go of his short yardage duties.

He will play more next year, he looked like a little wrecking ball...But Redman will take over Moore's spot more than likely...

steelersbabex25
01-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Methodically moving down the field. That's how it should be done. Enough with that bombing it to the endzone every time you're at the 30. Keep doing what you did to get there.

PS. Anyone notice the quick slants to our fast receivers? I noticed a few today. Yay Bruce Arians for not being completely incompetent.

GoBenGo
01-02-2011, 10:56 PM
"... The most fun I've had watching a steelers game all year" " ***** - I loved it!"
" A stains stompfest from the start!" " I didn't even feel like throwing up once..."

Real Deal Steel
01-02-2011, 11:19 PM
It was the best play calling all year but Arians is still a bum and a cornball.

Scorp
01-02-2011, 11:35 PM
It was the best play calling all year but Arians is still a bum and a cornball.

:goodpost:

greennick
01-03-2011, 12:35 AM
I liked the look of us today, but am tempered by the fact it was the Browns.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Methodically moving down the field. That's how it should be done. Enough with that bombing it to the endzone every time you're at the 30. Keep doing what you did to get there.

PS. Anyone notice the quick slants to our fast receivers? I noticed a few today. Yay Bruce Arians for not being completely incompetent.

That play is probably the most lethal one we have in our arsenal. Why in God's name we haven't been doing it all year I'll never know. It's money for atleast a first down nearly every time. Now that we have so much speed at WR, we should be running that every week just like we did on Sunday.

jnes1216
01-09-2011, 01:57 AM
BA'Splay calling has looked much better in recent weeks. Is it the competition or the execution? Tough call. Weve played the browns and the panthers, its easy to look confident in those two games. The slants to our WR's are more prevalent as is the TE open route in the middle of the zone. The bubble screen is a distant but still lingering menace. Why can't we run screens like the Eagles? Mendy is getting the ball but it seems like an afterthought as opposed to a game plan.. Must keep the statistics even to deceive the FO that we are actually run first.