PDA

View Full Version : Did you notice, no holding penalties today!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Offensive line played a GREAT game today. They protected Ben all day while he was in and made sure he had plenty of time to find his targets. Hats off to these guys for putting forth a great effort. And no holding penalties today either! There haven't been too many times this year that we could say that.

Pouncey did get a stinger after a cheap shot by Rodgers but he should be fine. Legursky finished off the game, and while the offense didn't go much after the starters left the did move the ball and were able to put up a FG to finish off the game. All in all I am proud of that group today, the big hogs up front put out a real nice effort to head into the post season.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Congrats to the O-Line and the reserves they did a hell of a job today, even though it was against the Clowns it's nice to see them discipline today, hopefully that will continue in the playoffs

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2011, 05:38 PM
The game started getting scrappy by halftime and the Oline was in the middle of most those because of guys like Rodgers trying to cheap shot after the plays. Kudos to them as well for keeping their heads not getting stupid penalties that could have given the Browns field position.

airbrake 1
01-02-2011, 05:59 PM
pretty clean game...i liked when pouncey came in and pulled one of our guys away from an altercation ,that's what usually happens a clown starts a fight and the guy who responds gets the flag...rodgers is a turd...they were trying to goad us into fights glad we didn't take the bait:tt02:

jpele
01-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Yes I noticed no holding, I'm willing to bet it's a first this year . Way to go oline .

LatrobePA
01-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Dare I say play calling was spot on today??

Long Island Steel
01-02-2011, 07:29 PM
The only holding that should have been called would have been on Redman who seemingly wrapped a guy up to protect Ben in the 3rd. It was a weird no call. Otherwise a nice clean game for once!

steelersbabex25
01-02-2011, 08:53 PM
:woot: Making progress, alright.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2011, 10:24 PM
I would say these guys are definitely peeking at the right time, 2 good games back to back is a great way to start the post season. Scott gets flagged every 5 minutes for holding but today he was playing well. These guys are as important to our success as Ben, Wallace, or anyone on the defense. If Ben doesn't get protection especially in the redzone we are in serious trouble.

lloydfan4life
01-03-2011, 06:08 AM

:yesnod: rumor has it Bruce called off work sick

steelchamp204
01-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Its nice to see the oline getting into a great groove right at the best time of the season, I think with us being fresh for the playoff game will make them much better also. Ikd what happened, did it happen when tomlin chewed out scotts *** the other week when he pulled him for a few plays? Mmaybe Mike should do more cowher lol if thats what worked on scott.

pimplydan
01-03-2011, 10:52 AM
The Oline did a great job but the receivers got open and Ben didn't have to extend the plays. Many times the penalties are called when Ben tries his magic. Fantastic preformance by the steelers couldn't have written the script any better. We took giant steps today on our way to Vince 7 .

coldrolled
01-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Yes I noticed no holding, I'm willing to bet it's a first this year . Way to go oline .

It was actually a rare game where i didnt know what to expect from most of the plays..

well planned and executed.. :grin1:

franchise3
01-03-2011, 11:12 AM

It was the best of the season.... Two plays I was not thrilled about...

1st down play at the Browns 12, a designed slant to Randle El that was inc. Not sure why you would go to Randle El in this situation.

I thought that a TD pass by Randle El to Ward is something you should keep it as a secret weapon for the playoffs and not 'showing off' against the Browns when you are up 20+ points.

coldrolled
01-03-2011, 11:28 AM
I thought that a TD pass by Randle El to Ward is something you should keep it as a secret weapon for the playoffs and not 'showing off' against the Browns when you are up 20+ points.

Arians may have been thinking it was his last game against his old team.. so he unloaded on them.. :lol:

LatrobePA
01-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Arians may being thinking it was his last game against his old team.. so he unloaded on them.. :lol:

Very true!!

IMO, they have more planned with the "greatest fair catcher" in NFL history other than having him throw the ball...

steelersbabex25
01-03-2011, 03:54 PM

That play is hardly a secret weapon anymore.

Steel Trap86
01-03-2011, 04:12 PM
just make Randle El Ben's back up

Goodfrom55
01-03-2011, 09:04 PM
The group they have out there looked pretty good. I especially like Ramon Foster at RG. Not too crazy about J. Scott though. He did play better this time around.

Clevelandsux
01-03-2011, 11:06 PM
I attended the game. What I loved the most was the second half all these tough talking clowns fans all bailed for the high road. All that was left were terrible towels. I felt like I was at Heinz field. LOL. Cleveland? Best fans in the league like they claim? My ***.