PDA

View Full Version : Official 2011 Steeler draft discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

JollyRob68
12-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Who is on everyones radar for The Steelers? What is our biggest needs? I say its OL,DL,CB.

NT93
12-31-2010, 01:43 AM
Who is on everyones radar for The Steelers? What is our biggest needs? I say its OL,DL,CB.

If I was running the team, I would sign all the players you want, then see what you need. However, this line could welcome another Pouncey, and that could happen, a twin if you will. Ideally, they would get him, CB Ras I Dowling (Start opposite Taylor as well as fill in for Troy when he's injured) and DT Jarvis Jenkins (Aaron Smith's eventual replacement) . They would have to trade to get all those, but that would be just what we need. Those would be the top 3, but we have to wait for FA to start. If Starx can't play, and Scott is gone as well as Colon, then OT SHOULD be 1st pick. Imagine losing 3 OT's at once? It would be like this year all over again - Prey for another Flo to sign up. I think if we keep all of our good players, then the draft will fill the roster with what we need.

JollyRob68
01-04-2011, 08:22 PM
If I was running the team, I would sign all the players you want, then see what you need. However, this line could welcome another Pouncey, and that could happen, a twin if you will. Ideally, they would get him, CB Ras I Dowling (Start opposite Taylor as well as fill in for Troy when he's injured) and DT Jarvis Jenkins (Aaron Smith's eventual replacement) . They would have to trade to get all those, but that would be just what we need. Those would be the top 3, but we have to wait for FA to start. If Starx can't play, and Scott is gone as well as Colon, then OT SHOULD be 1st pick. Imagine losing 3 OT's at once? It would be like this year all over again - Prey for another Flo to sign up. I think if we keep all of our good players, then the draft will fill the roster with what we need.

I think scott will get a 2 yr contract. I think we need a Tackle if a top rated one is there or Top Guard. Then its a DE that they'll actually let play in the first year. Then we need CB

coldrolled
01-05-2011, 11:22 AM
I think scott will get a 2 yr contract. I think we need a Tackle if a top rated one is there or Top Guard. Then its a DE that they'll actually let play in the first year. Then we need CB

go free agency for a good tackle and CB ... spend the dollars. picking 30+ isnt going to get us a top tackle or cb

BPA at 30+ would be a G, C, TE the rest of the best are already picked...

Guard/Tackle or TE will be the pick imo. Pouncey or maybe Kyle Rudolph from ND

We can trade Spaeth and or dump Johnson.. Then have two awesome TE's

Or just add the Guard and boost the OL. :imho:

K Train
01-05-2011, 11:29 AM
i think they need to resign colon and keep flozell on board for another year.....id bust a nut if they went out and signed jared gaither though

RG/CB/DE are the targets in the first round....all positions that have been ignored long enough that its catching up with them

coldrolled
01-05-2011, 12:00 PM
i think they need to resign colon and keep flozell on board for another year.....id bust a nut if they went out and signed jared gaither though

RG/CB/DE are the targets in the first round....all positions that have been ignored long enough that its catching up with them

What is up with Gaither? Does he have real back problems or is Oher his problem...?

You know the steelers at 30+ they will 90% chance go BPA.. Maybe even a Saftey dropping this low? Moore out of ucla. you never know.

K Train
01-05-2011, 12:08 PM
yeah right...sure BPA. thats not what hood or pouncey was. clearly i was upset with hood, and thrilled with pouncey but they are addressing need more than anything the last few drafts. best players available we'd have maualuga next to timmons and dez across from wallace

i dont think worilds was the best player available at all...they have very inconstant ways of drafting

moore very well might stay at school, but i think FS is a high priority too, at least in the next 2 years.

right now my board for players that im not writing the steelers off as being out of contention for at 25-32 would look like this

Sherrod
Harris
Clayborn
Heyward
Pouncey
Jenkins
Williams
Bailey
Cannon

coldrolled
01-05-2011, 02:13 PM
yeah right...sure BPA. thats not what hood or pouncey was. clearly i was upset with hood, and thrilled with pouncey but they are addressing need more than anything the last few drafts. best players available we'd have maualuga next to timmons and dez across from wallace

i dont think worilds was the best player available at all...they have very inconstant ways of drafting

moore very well might stay at school, but i think FS is a high priority too, at least in the next 2 years.

right now my board for players that im not writing the steelers off as being out of contention for at 25-32 would look like this

Sherrod
Harris
Clayborn
Heyward
Pouncey
Jenkins
Williams
Bailey
Cannon

a lot of good names there. Pouncey at 30-#32 or Cannon at #60-#64

BPA to me is Pouncey at #18 he was the #1 Center and available and we needed him.

Mike Pouncy at Guard picked at #30 would be the #1 guard picked in round one.

Kyle from ND at TE would be the #1 TE picked in round one.

If Moore is there at FS he would be the #1 FS picked in round one at #30

By the time we pick at #30 there will be a half dozen OT's taken already.. so the best OT would not be the best OT at that #30 pick to me.

But we do need an OT, CB... Free Agency is needed here.

this draft stuff is a gas, but all this will change in another 2 months.

K Train
01-05-2011, 04:30 PM
i want no part in canstanzo, solder, love in round one....and believe it or not i think cannon is a top 15 senior prospect

carimi is a MAYBE he compares favorable to david stewart and will be a good RT for a long time, but that depends on what they have planned for LT and colon and flos future with the team.

Sign Gaither and the problems are all solved on the exterior oline, then address RG early and its a borderline elite oline

out of my list hes the comparisons ive came up with

Derrek Sherrod-Marvel Smith Clone
Brandon Harris- Marcus Trufant
Adrian Clayborn- Darnell Dockett
Cameron Heyward- Chris Canty
Mike Pouncey- Less aware maurkice pouncey
Janoris Jenkins- Asante Samuel
Aaron Williams- DRC
Allen Bailey- Justin Tuck
Marcus Cannon- Shawne Andrews

coach
01-05-2011, 06:14 PM
I can't recall who I was reading today but they projected Tyron Smith as the only real LT prospect and projected the rest as RTs. If that is the case, I see most of these guys falling to late first or second because there are more than a few quality QBs who will go early in first. There are going to be some risers and fallers and this year might be the exact opposite of last year where the OTs went high and QBs waited until day 2/3.

K Train
01-05-2011, 07:28 PM
classic example of LTs being overrated...trent williams was looked at as a RT, so was saffold and they are STUDS. jason smith was looked at as an elite LT and was beat out by rookie saffold and he can barely hold down RT.

Tyron smith is so thin, hes just like charles brown was coming out of usc, their weight/strength program is an abortion.

solder is probably the best athlete out of the tackles, bruce campbell like insane....but that doesnt make him a LT. imo sherrod is the best and its not close. castonzo and love would probably be my next two.

carimi could play on the left...hes not a cherilus/loadholt kind of RT only guy, better suited for the right but hes had a hell of a career at LT in college and theres worse options out there

Steel Trap86
01-06-2011, 11:19 AM
i want no part in canstanzo, solder, love in round one....and believe it or not i think cannon is a top 15 senior prospect

carimi is a MAYBE he compares favorable to david stewart and will be a good RT for a long time, but that depends on what they have planned for LT and colon and flos future with the team.

Sign Gaither and the problems are all solved on the exterior oline, then address RG early and its a borderline elite oline

out of my list hes the comparisons ive came up with

Derrek Sherrod-Marvel Smith Clone
Brandon Harris- Marcus Trufant
Adrian Clayborn- Darnell Dockett
Cameron Heyward- Chris Canty
Mike Pouncey- Less aware maurkice pouncey
Janoris Jenkins- Asante Samuel
Aaron Williams- DRC
Allen Bailey- Justin Tuck
Marcus Cannon- Shawne Andrews

I'm liking that comparison!

If we go corner in the first round, I'd want Jenkins and I like Stephen Schilling for RG in the 2nd if he's still available. You know they'll have an eye on other Pouncey, but when it comes to this line, we need to be taking the best player available...imo

cmerrifield
01-06-2011, 11:48 AM
I know its still early, but the way last year's draft seems to have been, I am pretty excited about day 3 of this years draft. Brown, Slyvester, Dwyer, Butler. This guys were good picks for late rounds. I hope they live up to their potential. I would like to see a CB early and a RG early, or a RT and shift Colon to RG. Otherwise, this team doesnt have a lot of holes. I know we need some depth at OLB, DL and probably a FS, but I doubt we will see those positions early

DanRooney
01-06-2011, 04:58 PM

Sherrod
Harris
Clayborn
Heyward
Pouncey
Jenkins
Williams
Bailey
Cannon

Ziggy was the BPA that didn't fit our scheme. He was projected to go a handful of picks sooner to the Colts.

Pouncey was not. Centers normally don't in the mid-first round but after Iupati was snatched up, Colbert decided to make a move.

K Train
01-06-2011, 05:19 PM
delmas, butler, maualuga, loadholt were all better fits than hood and hood was a colt/buc possibility in the first but widely considered a 2nd round prospect.

vollmer (who i wasnt really familiar with) would have been delightful had we known then what we know now. hindsight is a bitch though.

pouncey was one of my favoirte prospects, and im thrilled to have him but idt he was the best player available....total stud though no doubt. dez was my 4th overall player pre draft behind king suh, berry, and okung. knew he wouldnt be a steeler cause hes a retard but talented nonetheless. pouncey was closer to being the BPA than hood was though

coach
01-06-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm liking that comparison!

If we go corner in the first round, I'd want Jenkins and I like Stephen Schilling for RG in the 2nd if he's still available. You know they'll have an eye on other Pouncey, but when it comes to this line, we need to be taking the best player available...imo

You might like the Walter Football mock draft today, even though they pick a guard then a CB. They give us Pouncey in the first and Ras-I Dowling in the second. All they had to do for this to happen is to have 12 DE/OLBs drafted in the first round.

Someone in here (may have been K???) thought of Dowling more as a Safety. I haven't seen him but the write ups he gets are good. I am not sure he will be there in late second. Based on what I have read so far, this would look to be two good pick ups.

Any other CB/Guard or Guard/CB combos look good out there in rounds 1 and 2?

K Train
01-06-2011, 06:10 PM
dowling is almost certainly a 2nd or even 3rd round pick at best this year imo. hes a big name more than anything imo. he is this years malcolm jenkins or antrel rolle in that he will probably get a shot at CB but will have to move to FS.

im not crazy about him, some team might just draft him and put him at FS like the eagles did with macho or like the lions did with speivey.

Phdboy2020
01-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Ras-I Dowling is coming off a season ending injury and had stated that he will forgo the NFL draft to return to school so that he can graduate. Not sure how true that is but it was on 11/16/2010.

--- Added 1/6/2011 at 07:33 PM ---

I personally think we could get someone like Chimdi Chekwa CB OSU, in the 2nd or 3rd round. Could prob contribute immediatly as a nickel back for us.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1117485

JollyRob68
01-06-2011, 11:53 PM
We def need to focus on what we've neglected for years. O line,D line & CB. Why do we always wait until later to pickup a CB? However we need A Good D lineman I'd love an Haloti Type of player who can play any line position. Casey isn't going to be around forever and I'ts 3 yrs now with Aaron Smith getting hurt. I also wish they would of put Jaron Gilbert on the practice squad after the Jets cut him.

K Train great info as always.

JollyRob68
01-07-2011, 05:07 PM
If the following Players were available when The Steelers select who would you pick? Gabe Carimi,Derek Sherrod,Cameron Heyward, JJ Watt or Janoris Jenkins ,Brandon Harris?

coach
01-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Given the number of CBs, and where they are projected to go (early days though), don't we have a good chance of landing a decent one late in second. If so, take a game changer on O or D line in first. Take the BPA in first, or trade down and try to get an extra pick. It would be nice to address all 3 needs this year but that means we would have to go 3 for 3 with first 3 picks. Not sure how realistc that is.

At some point later I think we need a TE that catch better as well, as a number 2. I don't know if anyone has any favorite TEs out there that they like.

JensK
01-08-2011, 06:10 AM
I really do not like the idea of trading down for extra picks. We don't need extra picks, we need quality picks. We have plenty of depths on pretty much all positions. We need some impact players instead.

Phdboy2020
01-08-2011, 12:40 PM
I agree with JensK about needing quality picks, however, I also think that if we traded down to get more picks we could gain quality picks as well. I believe we got both Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sanders in the third round the last two drafts. We already know about Wallace, but Sanders will play a bigger role on the offense next year. Also, if u notice, the Gaytriots r always trading down to get picks and it seems like they r always on the clock. So depending on who's available when we pick in these rounds then we should def consider trading down. I think there is enough depth at both O-Lineman and DB's this year.

JollyRob68
01-09-2011, 10:50 PM
I seem some mocks said to draft Pitt WR Jonathan Baldwin. What are your thoughts? I'd like for them to draft someone who will start. Thats a OL maybe Baldwin after a few games or a Cam Heyward/JJ Watt to rotate on the DL.

K Train
01-10-2011, 01:47 AM
baldwin sucks and in no way should be a first round pick....id take jones in a heaetbeat if he was there, maybe floyd....but i wouldnt touch baldwin before the 3rd round

JollyRob68
01-11-2011, 03:37 PM
We signed Donavan Warren to futures contract. I like This signing.

Phdboy2020
01-11-2011, 08:48 PM
I agree with K Train. I think Baldwin will prolly be overdrafted b/c of his size. I personally think that he would be a decent receiver if he had a pro bowl caliber QB. I think that he is a steal after the second round and hopefully could contribute as a red-zone threat, but history for big receivers has not been good the previous few years with the exception of MegaTron b/c he had it all though. Im really anxious to see some of these guys at their pro days and or combine. Adding a bigger receiver would not hurt us at all. We may give Sweed one last chance, but who knows. We blew it with that pick.

andyg1984
01-11-2011, 08:56 PM
From the looks of things Floyd could (should?) be avail ..I like Greg Little in the 2nd tbh and think by draft time he could be way higher ..

I know he is "raw" and needs work, but he is a legitimate RB after the catch and would be sweet as hell to have underneath ..

almost think he could play RB in the pros .. if you watch him he has a rare combination of wiggle and power .. manchild

JollyRob68
01-12-2011, 03:29 PM
What do you guys think about Robert Sands Safety WV? 6'4.5" 221 lbs. I like what I see on video. Rahim Moore will most likely be gone by the time we pick.

K Train
01-12-2011, 04:10 PM
I agree with K Train. I think Baldwin will prolly be overdrafted b/c of his size. I personally think that he would be a decent receiver if he had a pro bowl caliber QB. I think that he is a steal after the second round and hopefully could contribute as a red-zone threat, but history for big receivers has not been good the previous few years with the exception of MegaTron b/c he had it all though. Im really anxious to see some of these guys at their pro days and or combine. Adding a bigger receiver would not hurt us at all. We may give Sweed one last chance, but who knows. We blew it with that pick.
i still have an odd amount of faith in sweed to contribute...i think he was poised to have a decent year before that injury. sucks, but what are you gonna do. you cant say they blew that pick, he was the obvious best player on the board

From the looks of things Floyd could (should?) be avail ..I like Greg Little in the 2nd tbh and think by draft time he could be way higher ..

I know he is "raw" and needs work, but he is a legitimate RB after the catch and would be sweet as hell to have underneath ..

almost think he could play RB in the pros .. if you watch him he has a rare combination of wiggle and power .. manchild
floyd is staying at ND. greg little would be a sick addition, reminds me of boldin. its hard to project the UNC guys though since they didnt play

What do you guys think about Robert Sands Safety WV? 6'4.5" 221 lbs. I like what I see on video. Rahim Moore will most likely be gone by the time we pick.

no...ill take mcdaniel, moore, or williams....dont really have interest in sands

andyg1984
01-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Sands to me is intriguing .. he has some real good tape .. good range and he is definitely a wirey (sp?) dude ..

there always seems to be a sketchy projection with "big safeties" .. i like him, but still have my questions ..

what specifically do you not like about him?

dang, i just saw that about floyd .. must have come out today ..

JollyRob68
01-15-2011, 02:01 PM
I like Sands. Good hands,big hitter and fast. Plus love his height.

--- Added 1/15/2011 at 12:01 PM ---

What about JAmie Harper in the 4th as a replacement for Mewelde Moore?

emansanders88
02-04-2011, 01:52 AM
im a big guy on mock drafts but have not gotten to Pitt's pick yet. All im really thinking is OT or CB. Of the top available grades at CB, what player is seen as the best fit out of Jimmy Smith, Brandon Harris, and Aaron Williams.

MDSteel15
02-04-2011, 03:13 PM
If the following Players were available when The Steelers select who would you pick? Gabe Carimi,Derek Sherrod,Cameron Heyward, JJ Watt or Janoris Jenkins ,Brandon Harris?

Janoris Jenkins ,Brandon Harris or Gabe Carimi :popcorn:

Steelerfreak56
02-05-2011, 09:25 AM
I like Sands. Good hands,big hitter and fast. Plus love his height.

--- Added 1/15/2011 at 12:01 PM ---

What about JAmie Harper in the 4th as a replacement for Mewelde Moore?

Dwyer should fit that role. ideally we need to trade our later picks to move up in the first round and even the 2nd

--- Added 2/5/2011 at 07:25 AM ---

Also wouldn't mind picking up Bruce miller DE from UCF in the later rounds and what do you guys think about buster skrine CB out of Chattanooga, as a sleeper like 4 or 5 round. runs his 40 in the low 4.2s. And a good cover guy

emansanders88
02-05-2011, 02:45 PM
What about a second round guy like Orlando Franklin, G from Miami. 6'7" 320lbs, great run blocker, played a game last season at LT fairly well.

--- Added 2/5/2011 at 12:45 PM ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLXxk9cUtqA

JollyRob68
02-06-2011, 11:14 PM
We need a CB and DL youth. Also OLine

PeachStatesteeler
02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
1st Round:
Gabe Carimi OT/OG Wisconsin 6-7 327
Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State 6-6 312
Mike Pouncey OG Florida 6-4 310
Aaron Williams CB Texas 6-1 195
Phil Taylor DT Baylor 6-4 337

2nd Round:
Jason Pinkston OT/OG Pittsburgh 6-3 313
Benjamin Ijalana OG Villanova 6-4 320

JollyRob68
02-07-2011, 04:06 PM
After watching the Super Bowl we need CB,DB and D lineman.

Rampage
02-07-2011, 04:41 PM
As much as I would like for this team to get Mike Pouncey, I don't think it is going to happen.

If a quality corner or defensive lineman drops to 31, I think that's where they are going to go. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see this team move up if they thought that a really good corner could be grabbed.

JollyRob68
02-19-2011, 03:00 AM
As much as I would like for this team to get Mike Pouncey, I don't think it is going to happen.

If a quality corner or defensive lineman drops to 31, I think that's where they are going to go. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see this team move up if they thought that a really good corner could be grabbed.

I've seen some mocks that have Cam Heyward still on the board. Id take cam in first. Cb or safety in second unless Danny Watkins or Marcus Cannon are on the board. Then on 3rd OLine or DB.

--- Added 2/19/2011 at 01:00 AM ---

We need youth and speed on D. I'm all for grabbing D in rds 1 & 2 Phil Taylor Cam Heyward Cb & Robert Sands. Get OLine in 3. Austin Pettis in 4th. OLine/Dline 5th Alex Henrey in 6st or 5th.

connecticutsteel
04-04-2011, 01:19 PM
if i was running the team i would break tradition and sign asomouga if i wasnt able to do that than i would take brown or house in the first rd

--- Added 4/4/2011 at 11:19 AM ---

gaither is old and will retire hes out sorry if he was still woth it ravens would sign him hes done your right gatiher is 25 but but he has back problems that might force him to retire

connecticutsteel
04-13-2011, 06:50 PM
I've seen some mocks that have Cam Heyward still on the board. Id take cam in first. Cb or safety in second unless Danny Watkins or Marcus Cannon are on the board. Then on 3rd OLine or DB.

--- Added 2/19/2011 at 01:00 AM ---

We need youth and speed on D. I'm all for grabbing D in rds 1 & 2 Phil Taylor Cam Heyward Cb & Robert Sands. Get OLine in 3. Austin Pettis in 4th. OLine/Dline 5th Alex Henrey in 6st or 5th.

if we dont address the o line in a serious way like first rd we will need a qb in two seasons no way ben can withstand 60 plus sacks a year hes not a kid anymore RD1 OL RD 2 DB RD 3 DL RD 4 OL or DB 5 ,6 , 7USE FOR DEPTH OR POSSIBLY use to trade up in RD1

K Train
04-13-2011, 09:39 PM
if i was running the team i would break tradition and sign asomouga if i wasnt able to do that than i would take brown or house in the first rd

--- Added 4/4/2011 at 11:19 AM ---

gaither is old and will retire hes out sorry if he was still woth it ravens would sign him hes done

dude gaither is like 24 or 25

K Train
04-28-2011, 10:53 AM
NFL draft day>christmas

JensK
04-28-2011, 11:41 AM
NFL draft day>christmas

Wait.. Does that mean you're excited about today? :greengrin:

cmerrifield
04-28-2011, 12:02 PM
I like Christmas better, I still make a list, so even if there is one
bad present, I still get everything I want.

sent from my Evo using tapatalk

andyg1984
04-28-2011, 01:53 PM
i cant get s*** done at work .. surfin the net every 15 mins or so searching for the latest rumors .. why is this not a national holiday?

K Train
04-28-2011, 01:54 PM
seriously...way to much of my time goes into this **** for me to be at work right now for bring your little brat to work day to distract me from the NFL draft

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Aaron Williams, Cam Heyward, Derek Sherrod.....One of those three will be the pick in the first round.......

Rampage
04-28-2011, 02:02 PM
I have draft center going right now. Laptop with about five different websites up and the NFL Network on TV.

Like Borat, I'm very excite!

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2011, 02:05 PM
I still hold onto my opinion months ago after the first two corners there isn't much difference from the rest in the top 10 at the position......I still like Curtis Brown and think he would offer tremendous value in the 2nd round and that way the Steelers could look at another position in the first.....Brandon Burton from Utah is another corner the Steelers could look at and Utah has a track record of producing NFL DB's.........

K Train
04-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Aaron Williams, Cam Heyward, Derek Sherrod.....One of those three will be the pick in the first round.......

sherrod would make me pissed off at this point, not to the extend solder or wilkerson would though....DAMN i hope im happy when i go to bed tonight, or tomorrow will be a long *** day lol.

Aaron Williams, Rasi dowling, cam heyward, phil taylor, mike pouncey...if any of these guys are steelers tonight im a happy man

JensK
04-28-2011, 02:12 PM
At what hour does it start tonight?

K Train
04-28-2011, 02:12 PM
I still hold onto my opinion months ago after the first two corners there isn't much difference from the rest in the top 10 at the position......I still like Curtis Brown and think he would offer tremendous value in the 2nd round and that way the Steelers could look at another position in the first.....Brandon Burton from Utah is another corner the Steelers could look at and Utah has a track record of producing NFL DB's.........

rasi is the best fit imo, then williams, then brown, then harris who i would worry about in our scheme.

jimmy smith certainly wont be the pick and unless amukamara falls to 20ish he wont be either.

heyward is my hopeful surprise for the night, im sticking to williams being the pick though even though i think if its a corner it should be dowling.

K Train
04-28-2011, 02:13 PM
At what hour does it start tonight?

8 eastern

Rampage
04-28-2011, 02:18 PM
sherrod would make me pissed off at this point, not to the extend solder or wilkerson would though....DAMN i hope im happy when i go to bed tonight, or tomorrow will be a long *** day lol.

Aaron Williams, Rasi dowling, cam heyward, phil taylor, mike pouncey...if any of these guys are steelers tonight im a happy man

I would love to see your face if this team grabbed Watkins at 31.

K Train
04-28-2011, 02:22 PM
suicide watch. ill probably be hammered by the time the steelers pick...we make it a drinking game lol

JensK
04-28-2011, 02:29 PM
8 eastern

Thanks. Hoped it was at like 7 to make my tomorrow somewhat bearable. Oh well! It is the draft after all.

Rampage
04-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks. Hoped it was at like 7 to make my tomorrow somewhat bearable. Oh well! It is the draft after all.

You'll end up staying up until 31 and the Steelers will trade out. :lol:

K Train
04-28-2011, 02:37 PM
damn id be so pissed lol

Rampage
04-28-2011, 02:42 PM
I wouldn't care if they traded out, depending on who is there. Say that the only decent pick left would be Aaron Williams, but Arizona or Tennessee were willing to trade their 2nd (plus other picks of course) to get a QB at 31. I wouldn't be opposed, because Dowling would probably be there and the team could go after a guy like Gilbert with the 63.

K Train
04-28-2011, 02:45 PM
i mean i may not be pissed the next day, but that would remain to be seen after the picks from the 2nd and 3rd are in lol

i was SO MAD when they traded out of the last pick in the second just to come back with kraig ****ing urbik in the 3rd

Rampage
04-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Yeah, Urbik blew. Talk about a throw away pick and a lackluster draft altogether. I don't think this draft is going to be incredibly special, but I think they have several opportunities to fill needs with solid talent.

cmerrifield
04-28-2011, 02:50 PM
I wouldnt mind them trading out, I feel like Ras-i Dowling and Moore in the second and then Kendricks and Powe in the 3rd would make the best day two ever

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2011, 03:10 PM
What if the Steelers landed a 1st round pick next year in a trade down this year for their 1st......I would be all for having two first round picks next year......pipe dream but you never know.....

JensK
04-28-2011, 03:12 PM
What if the Steelers landed a 1st round pick next year in a trade down this year for their 1st......I would be all for having two first round picks next year......pipe dream but you never know.....

I don't know man. I think there is too much talent this year, and too much uncertainty regarding next year at the moment.

K Train
04-28-2011, 03:13 PM

i would be so against that unless its a real **** bag team possible top 5

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2011, 03:35 PM
i would be so against that unless its a real **** bag team possible top 5

NFL is so crazy these days that from year to year you never know which team is going to be a **** bag team.....lol

To much talent in this draft?....I think this draft is weak overall......strong at the DL position but I'm not thrilled with this talent pool overall..........

I just hope Colbert/Tomlin make smart moves regardless if they stay put or trade up/down....

cmerrifield
04-28-2011, 03:40 PM
I have a lot more faith in Tomlin/Colbert after last year's draft than the previous year's draft. I just hope Ike gets signed tomorrow by us (they are expecting a lot of deals tomorrow, like the first day of FA). That and a great 1st 3 rounds and I will be happy for the rest of the summer.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Stay at 31 and draft Kyle Rudolph.......I would much rather have him then Aaron Williams.........

K Train
04-28-2011, 03:57 PM
oh man id blow a gasket if he was the pick at 31

whats wrong with aaron williams?

this draft is weak in terms of elite talent, however the talent pool for picks that usually are pick 15-3rd round seems to be really strong. weak for safety, LB and tackle. strong for WR, CB, Dline, guard, QB, and just average for RB

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2011, 04:03 PM

this draft is weak in terms of elite talent, however the talent pool for picks that usually are pick 15-3rd round seems to be really strong. weak for safety, LB and tackle. strong for WR, CB, Dline, guard, QB, and just average for RB

My thing with Williams is to me there isn't much difference between him and his teammate at Texas, Curtis Brown....Trust me if Williams is the pick then I won't climb a water tower and start a shooting spree.....I can deal with it........:lol:

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 02:03 PM ---

I have to go work in 20 minutes so Ktrain I look forward to reading your thoughts on the first round later......Not just the Steelers but the first round overall.......

Rampage
04-28-2011, 04:12 PM

I don't know about everyone else, but I consider the Williams pick boring. That might not be the right word for it, but I mean, compare the feeling going into this draft against last year's. We knew this team wanted Pouncey, but there was still a little question mark about whether or not he'd be there. Exciting, because it was like Christmas morning when you saw the package that looked like it was the bike you asked for, but you weren't 100% sure. I wouldn't be opposed to Williams, but it just doesn't feel like a special pick, especially considering the fact that the team will still cling on to keeping BMac out there instead of putting him in if that is where they go.

JollyRob68
04-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Stay at 31 and draft Kyle Rudolph.......I would much rather have him then Aaron Williams.........

HELL NO ON RUDOLPH. Aaron Williams does everything our other DB's dont. He covers,turns his head,locates the ball & attacks it at its highest point and Catches it!
We can get a TE later, Much Later. We need a Possession Receiver more than a TE.:imho:

K Train
04-28-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but I consider the Williams pick boring. That might not be the right word for it, but I mean, compare the feeling going into this draft against last year's. We knew this team wanted Pouncey, but there was still a little question mark about whether or not he'd be there. Exciting, because it was like Christmas morning when you saw the package that looked like it was the bike you asked for, but you weren't 100% sure. I wouldn't be opposed to Williams, but it just doesn't feel like a special pick, especially considering the fact that the team will still cling on to keeping BMac out there instead of putting him in if that is where they go.

yeah well timmons was "boring" too, it was pretty much set they were gonna take him.

aaron williams vs curtis brown is interesting....i agree they arent THAT different, but each is his own player and would have a role on the team. Aaron williams is the better football player imo, but curtis brown will make a better pure cornerback. hell we can throw chykie brown in here too....i like him, but i think hes the ebst athlete out of the 3, however im not expecting much from him in the pros and thats why hes a mid round pick.

really the picks i want are pouncey, heyward, dowling, williams, carimi...also add in taylor. trust me id rather be bored with one of those guys than absolutely furious at watkins, solder, wilkerson, ayers, sherrod, or rudolph. solder in particular would just not be ok with me

my gut says we walk away with heyward tonight...there it is, i said it

JollyRob68
04-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Seeing how our CB cant cover anyone. I'd jump for joy for Williams & Brown from Texas.

I say Trade out and get extra picks. It depends on how far back the want to go. DO they want an extra 3rd,4th wo 4ths? All are options as well as Squeezing the team that wants to move up for 2 & 3rd.
However, Gery Dulac of The Post Gazette seems to think a trade out of first and up from the 63rd is what they'll do. My research tells me to go after Denvers two 2nds & 6st #36 & #46 & #184. It cost us our 1st,2nd & 3rd but it gives us talent with rd 1 -2 grades and extra 6st.
Here's a trade up I like. Trade with Philly. Our 31,63,159(1,2,5) For their #23,103,119(1st & two 4ths). This is nice if Pouncey,Carimi a Dlineman we want slip.

K Train
04-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Seeing how our CB cant cover anyone. I'd jump for joy for Williams & Brown from Texas.

I say Trade out and get extra picks. It depends on how far back the want to go. DO they want an extra 3rd,4th wo 4ths? All are options as well as Squeezing the team that wants to move up for 2 & 3rd.
However, Gery Dulac of The Post Gazette seems to think a trade out of first and up from the 63rd is what they'll do. My research tells me to go after Denvers two 2nds & 6st #36 & #46 & #184. It cost us our 1st,2nd & 3rd but it gives us talent with rd 1 -2 grades and extra 6st.
Here's a trade up I like. Trade with Philly. Our 31,63,159(1,2,5) For their #23,103,119(1st & two 4ths). This is nice if Pouncey,Carimi a Dlineman we want slip.

seriously though...what are extra picks gonna get us? a few players to cut later on. i say stay put this year unless you want a guy so bad that you are willing to sell your soul for him (peterson, prince)

trading down 5 slots from 31 to one of the teams at the top of the draft order that might jump for a QB is gonna net what? a 5th round pick? **** that we have too many 5th round caliber players as it is

scott0326
04-28-2011, 04:39 PM

Why Rudolph? We have Heath.

JollyRob68
04-28-2011, 04:39 PM
yeah well timmons was "boring" too, it was pretty much set they were gonna take him.

aaron williams vs curtis brown is interesting....i agree they arent THAT different, but each is his own player and would have a role on the team. Aaron williams is the better football player imo, but curtis brown will make a better pure cornerback. hell we can throw chykie brown in here too....i like him, but i think hes the ebst athlete out of the 3, however im not expecting much from him in the pros and thats why hes a mid round pick.

really the picks i want are pouncey, heyward, dowling, williams, carimi...also add in taylor. trust me id rather be bored with one of those guys than absolutely furious at watkins, solder, wilkerson, ayers, sherrod, or rudolph. solder in particular would just not be ok with me

my gut says we walk away with heyward tonight...there it is, i said it

They may move up to get him. See my Philly scenario.
The Steelers are said to like Chykie Brown for his long arms & he's a good Athlete.
I have this feeling that they're going to get quicker cover guys with a great verticle(includes Williams)because 1 Carnell Lake needs new toys to groom and 2, Were going to a Hybrid Defense next year with Keith Butler as DC. I just have that feeling. If we somehow snag Sam Acho, oooh I've got a feeling.
Anyone they draft will fit both schemes.

K Train
04-28-2011, 04:46 PM
i honestly wouldnt be opposed to walking away with williams, brown, and brown...i think it would actually be hilarious

JollyRob68
04-28-2011, 04:48 PM
seriously though...what are extra picks gonna get us? a few players to cut later on. i say stay put this year unless you want a guy so bad that you are willing to sell your soul for him (peterson, prince)

trading down 5 slots from 31 to one of the teams at the top of the draft order that might jump for a QB is gonna net what? a 5th round pick? **** that we have too many 5th round caliber players as it is

I understand the 5ths but if they make the move with Denver to get Two 2nds #36 & 46 instead of our #31,63 & 95 plus we pick up a 6st on the back end.
That gives us #36,#46,#128,#159,##191,184,232

K Train
04-28-2011, 04:50 PM
if its a deal with more 2nds im ok with it....trading down doesnt usually happen like that though. pats and broncos are probably willing to sit tight with their dual picks

Rampage
04-28-2011, 05:32 PM
So we're what, six hours away from knowing our pick? I swear, the clock isn't moving.

andyg1984
04-28-2011, 05:59 PM
if someone wants williams, they know they have to move ahead of us to get him .. and i think that is a possibility .. that is why i think they may take Ras-i ..

i think in my mock i had ..

1. Ras-i Dowling
2. Jarvis Jenkins
3. Noel Devine
4. Nate Irving
5. Mario Harvey
6. Terrrence Tolliver
7. Weslye Saunders

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Steelers Chronicle Presents Draft Day LIVE

The day has arrived! In roughly five and a half hours the Carolina Panthers will be on the clock, getting ready to make the first overall selection of the 2011 NFL Draft.

Read the rest HERE. (http://www.steelerschronicle.com/2011/04/steelers-chronicle-presents-draft-day-open-thread.html/)

Shoutout to SA in the article, I'll be around here for the draft as well, won't argue if some of you want to pop over and drop a comment on that article though. :P

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Thanks TJ, just dropped a comment on your article.

We'll be posting up threads on tonight's first round pick and featuring it on the homepage here on SA too. Should be some great discussion!

JollyRob68
04-28-2011, 08:24 PM
if its a deal with more 2nds im ok with it....trading down doesnt usually happen like that though. pats and broncos are probably willing to sit tight with their dual picks

denver mention something about moving around up or down.

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Definitely. Really glad I started actively coming here, been far too long that I'd been avoiding Steelers centric sites, lol. Blame Bleacher Report for that, actually...literally 99% of our fans on there are jerkoffs.

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 06:31 PM ---

Pizza's on it's way.

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 06:37 PM ---

Cam Newton's already getting booed. lol.

JensK
04-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Oh man.. Roger Goodell is taking some heat.

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 08:55 PM
"I agree with you guys"

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 06:53 PM ---

Soooooo close.

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 06:55 PM ---

@SI_PeterKing falcons definitely are pondering a move to no. 6. starting to feel it's more likely than not.

From Jim Trotter

coach
04-28-2011, 08:55 PM
i think next year's draft might have more talent top to bottom. This year's draft has more is better in some positions than others. Let's see a QB feeding frenzy.

Which team this year will pull a Josh McDaniel and blow their pick or make a bad decision?

Rampage
04-28-2011, 08:56 PM
4 minutes left

connecticutsteel
04-28-2011, 08:57 PM

but that is a guess at best no one knows if a fifth rounder is going to be a pro bowler so i say use all the pick and sort em out cause if we trade picks and we get awsome players that suddenly get injured then we have less picks to fill needs with to replace them with so i agree

JensK
04-28-2011, 08:59 PM
I really hope the experts can shut up before the pick is made. It was utterly annoying last year where we knew half of the pics. before they were made.

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Here we go. Panthers on the clock.

coach
04-28-2011, 09:02 PM
How many trades tonight? I hope a few. Goodell sucks.

Rampage
04-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Carolina took Newton. Not surprised, but I think he is a huge risk for the cost.

JensK
04-28-2011, 09:08 PM
I get why the fans are chanting, but seriously... It was funny the first 5 times! Lets get on with the show and focus on whats at hand; the draft.

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 07:08 PM ---

Carolina took Newton. Not surprised, but I think he is a huge risk for the cost.

I agree, but there is a lot to like. He is not the safe pick, but Panthers need some excitement and some explosiveness. They have the o-line for him, and they have some pretty good WRs, so he could be very effective within a couple of years. I hope the best for him at least... He seems like a bright kid.

Word is that Broncos like Miller..

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Newton could be a big time player...or a complete bust.

Big chance by the Panthers there

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 07:10 PM ---

cam newton the first heisman winner/national title to go first overall in draft.. since leon hart in 1949

coach
04-28-2011, 09:10 PM
From a needs perspective, Carolina needs evrything.

Rampage
04-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Denver took Von Miller. I'm not completely sure about that pick. Is he cut out to play OLB in the 4-3?

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 07:14 PM ---

From a needs perspective, Carolina needs evrything.

From a needs perspective, they need to suck less.

coach
04-28-2011, 09:14 PM
I really hope the experts can shut up before the pick is made. It was utterly annoying last year where we knew half of the pics. before they were made.

It's also a bit anti-climatic to go and look for guys on the phone and then have to wait for 3-4 minutes for the pick to be announced.
Miller is a good pick if they get a good DT, too.

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Denvers pass rush just got an upgrade.

coach
04-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Denver took Von Miller. I'm not completely sure about that pick. Is he cut out to play OLB in the 4-3?

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 07:14 PM ---

From a needs perspective, they need to suck less.

I just got my daily chuckle. That was funny.

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Goodell is gonna fine @jharrison9292 when he makes the #steelers pick

Rampage
04-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Dareus to Buffalo. I think that is a solid move to bolster that D-Line.

Goodell is gonna fine @jharrison9292 when he makes the #steelers pick

James Harrison probably just Tweeted Cam Newton a virus as a taste of what's to come.

JensK
04-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Bills just got around twice as good with that pick!

I like Miller to Denver. They'll be lining up in nickelpackages all the time, and Miller will excel in a system like that. They'll have an inside passrush within a couple of years.

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Bungles up after Bills take Dareus.

JollyRob68
04-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Newton could be a big time player...or a complete bust.

Big chance by the Panthers there

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 07:10 PM ---

cam newton the first heisman winner/national title to go first overall in draft.. since leon hart in 1949

Yes,but they need to sell tickets to & fans.

JensK
04-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Bengals have to take A.J...

Yeah... We need help in the secondary! :P especially as I suspect Browns targeting Julio Jones.

Rampage
04-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Bungles went after Green. Now they just need a QB to throw to him.

coach
04-28-2011, 09:25 PM
I understand that pick by bungles, but Jordan Palmer couldn't hit a barn let alone a wide receiver. This guy had to be hoping to go somewhere else.

Rampage
04-28-2011, 09:26 PM
I think the Cards are going Gabbert or Peterson.

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 09:26 PM
AJ Green to the Bengals.

JensK
04-28-2011, 09:27 PM
You have to think QB to Cardinals...

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Jon Gruden: "A.J. Green can be in circus, with his athletic ability." (He'd have better chance to win Super Bowl w/Ringling Bros.)

LLOLOL

Rampage
04-28-2011, 09:28 PM
You have to think QB to Cardinals...

I hope they grab Gabbert. They need someone to lead that offense and keep Fitzgerald content.

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Yeah...I'm thinking QB here...Gabbert?

Rampage
04-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Well, Peterson to AZ. They'll have great coverage, just crappy pass rush and offense.

JensK
04-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Hmm, I woulda gone QB > Peterson. Peterson is by far the better prospect, but their need at QB is SO glaring.

Rampage
04-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Browns traded to Falcons.

coach
04-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Glad he isn't going to girls in dallas'

JensK
04-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Browns could very well try to trade back here, at least a couple of spots. Gabbert to Niners?

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 07:34 PM ---

Bleh,, You guys get the feed much faster than me :( Man, Atlanta has GOT to believe that they'll reach SB within a couple of years. Also, I think its a smart move by Browns. They have plenty of needs to fill.

Rampage
04-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Looks like the Falcons are going after Julio Jones. That will be a scary passing game.

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 07:37 PM ---

Holy cow. The Browns won on that trade:

1st, 2nd & 4th this year.

1st & 4th next year.

JensK
04-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Damn... Seriously, that is too expensive. I know Julio is great, but he better damn perform because he comes with one heavy price-tag.

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Atlanta trades up to select Julio 'Oh **** I dropped it' Jones'

$teelersRule
04-28-2011, 09:39 PM
thats REALLY going to help the browns through the future :banging:

Rampage
04-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Actually, that trade scares me more than any pick the Browns could have made there. With the way they look like they are operating now (new GM/coach), they could be a quick threat.

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Cleveland's torched two teams in trades for the second year in a row. Denver last year, and Atlanta this year.

coach
Clowns got good picks for that spot.

JensK
The more I think about it, the more I believe Niners have got to go with Gabbert.. They have pretty solid talent at many positions, especially on offense, they just need a QB to deliver the ball to all the weapons.

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Really hating the fact that the Browns have two firsts next year...

Rampage
04-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Aldon Smith to SF. :dunno:

That's out of nowhere in my eyes.

JensK
04-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Aldon Smith.. That is a little early for my liking.

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 09:44 PM
The Niners took the wrong player from Missouri...

Rampage
04-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Want to bet Tennessee will take Gabbert?

JensK
04-28-2011, 09:45 PM
The Niners took the wrong player from Missouri...

I concur. Either they like Ponder/Dalton (both who could do pretty well in a westcoast offense), but I think they'll stay with Troy Smith another year.

coach
Locker a shocker.

Rampage
Woah, Jake Locker over Gabbert?

JensK
04-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Want to bet Tennessee will take Gabbert?

o.O holy crap Jake Locker!!?

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 07:47 PM ---

Hahaha, I was writing a long long text about what should happen the next 5 picks, but this is just unreal. Gabbert must feel screwed!

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Titans jsut took Vince Young 2.0.

Rampage
If I were Gabbert, I would be somewhat happy. Go to a team that sucks less, still make a buttload of money.

coach
This is why they play the game, or something like that. You can't find drama like this at the movies.

JensK
Vikings should trade up with Dallas and grab Gabbert! With a little luck, Amuka should still be there for Dallas.

Rampage
04-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Titans jsut took Vince Young 2.0.

Correction: The WHITE Vince Young. According to Warren Moon, race is a huge issue when you draft QBs. :lol:

coach
04-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Hopefully Dallas goes \o-line.

Rampage
04-28-2011, 09:55 PM
Hopefully Dallas goes \o-line.

I'm thinking Tyron Smith or Amukamara.

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 07:55 PM ---

Well, Tyron Smith to Dallas.

Amukamara to Washington?

JensK
04-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Man... Houston must be SO happy right now, Amuka falling to them.

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 07:56 PM ---

I'm thinking Tyron Smith or Amukamara.

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 07:55 PM ---

Well, Tyron Smith to Dallas.

Amukamara to Washington?

Gabbert to Washington! (I'll keep saying this till someone draft him)

Rampage
04-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Man... Houston must be SO happy right now, Amuka falling to them.

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 07:56 PM ---

Gabbert to Washington! (I'll keep saying this till someone draft him)

I could see a few:

Gabbert to fill an obvious need at QB

Fairley to play D-Line as we all know about Haynesworthless

Amukamara to fill the second CB spot

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Gabbert to the Skins?

Rampage
04-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Jacksonville traded up?

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 08:01 PM ---

Gabbert to Jacksonville. Good fit.

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:03 PM
That is highly interesting! You have to believe that Prince is going to Houston. Vikings and Detroit is going to be interesting though.

Rampage
04-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Well all know who Houston will target now: Prince Amukamara.

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 08:04 PM ---

JensK, what time is it in Denmark?

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:04 PM
3 AM currently :)

HUNT4SEVEN
04-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Texans taking the prince...

Rampage
04-28-2011, 10:06 PM
You are a more dedicated fan that I. Honestly, I was kind of pissed that it runs until 8:30pm my time. :lol:

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Texans taking the prince...

Texans is going to be pretty good this yeah. They've have all the pieces but a secondary more or less.

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 08:08 PM ---

You are a more dedicated fan that I. Honestly, I was kind of pissed that it runs until 8:30pm my time. :lol:

Haha, I have school at 10am so I'll just skip sleep probably. It'll be rough to watch second round though.

Damn, Houston takes Watt. That might be even more surprising than Jake Locker to me.

coach
04-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Houston passes on PA? Good.

Rampage
J.J. Watt to Houston? Why is Amukamara falling?

JensK
Question is, how long is Prince going to fall before Steelers should start considering jumping the gun?

JollyRob68
04-28-2011, 10:12 PM
how far will prince fall before Steelers Jump up? would you jump up for Prince?

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 08:12 PM ---

J.J. Watt to Houston? Why is Amukamara falling?

parcells said something about short arms

Rampage
I would trade up for Prince, unless we sold our souls like Atlanta.

JensK
I am rally curious as to what Vikings will do. They could go CB, but that defensive line is old and not so dominating anymore. Nick Fairley could easily be the pick here.

coach
04-28-2011, 10:14 PM
If we were going to move up for P2 it would be after Miami. We could see both P2 and PA on the board if he falls. That would be a dillema.

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Wauw... This draft is hard to predict! I don't see Amukamara falling past Lions, but again.. I had a hard time seeing him and Fairley falling outside of top 10.

JollyRob68
04-28-2011, 10:15 PM
I would trade up for Prince, unless we sold our souls like Atlanta.

if im giving up next years 1 its going to NEW ENGLAND FOR PICK 28.

jnes1216
04-28-2011, 10:16 PM
i'd love to move up for pouncey but we don't have the draft picks to do so

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Vikingfans just look more serious than most.

jnes1216
qb's really surprising me this year..

coach
I love it....................

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:18 PM
WOW!!!!

jnes1216
qb's really surprising me this year..

which is good for steelers as we have no need.

JensK
This is getting oh so very interesting for Steelers. Some serious talent sliding.

I don't get it though. Vikings could have picked up Ponder up in the second imo. Or traded for one of Patsies picks.

Rampage
04-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Christian Ponder? SAY WHAAAAAAAT?

Lions... Amukamara?

$teelersRule
04-28-2011, 10:20 PM
i just dont want Prince to end up in Baltimore!

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 10:21 PM
LMAO talk about a reach.

jnes1216
wow, now thats a def. line for the lions

JensK
Lions will go OL here imo. They HAVE to invest in Stafford.

coach
That is ridiculous. Two beasts.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Yo the Lions is gonna have a beast of a front 4 good pick!

JensK
Nvm... I don't understand football

Rampage
Somewhere, running backs in the NFC North just shuddered at the thought of Suh & Fairley on one line.

jnes1216
04-28-2011, 10:23 PM
This is getting oh so very interesting for Steelers. Some serious talent sliding.

I don't get it though. Vikings could have picked up Ponder up in the second imo. Or traded for one of Patsies picks.

maybe not trading for current free agents is playing on their mind....

JensK
Washington could probably look to trade down even further... They desperately need more picks.

Phenomenal TJ
SCARY DL for the Lions

coach
04-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Nvm... I don't understand football

Its not you Jens. This year was predicted to be weird and weird it is. Let's see if we can capitalize.

jnes1216
04-28-2011, 10:25 PM
now could be a run on offensive line picks

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Castonzo to Rams?

coach
04-28-2011, 10:27 PM
now could be a run on offensive line picks

Or more second round QBs. Let's hope.

jnes1216
04-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Or more second round QBs. Let's hope.

yea, still have Dalton out there

--- Added 4/28/2011 at 08:30 PM ---

miami taking pouncey?? if not for sure the colts, giants or pats.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-28-2011, 10:31 PM
I hope anyone except the cheaters get Pouncey, i would love to have him but if a stud CB falls to us we gotta take him

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Hmm, so Miami could so many directions now. I honestly think Pouncey is going to slide some.

Rampage
04-28-2011, 10:33 PM
I think they are going to "reach" for Pouncey. I say reach because there is still some serious talent around that I have rated higher than Pouncey.

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:35 PM
I think they are going to "reach" for Pouncey. I say reach because there is still some serious talent around that I have rated higher than Pouncey.

Seems like Pouncey is going to Dolphins! That is a reach, I concur. There is SO much talent there still, but the pick makes sense for them.

jnes1216
04-28-2011, 10:35 PM
there he goes!!!

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:36 PM
I don't see how Amuka could fall past 20, but I really really think Steelers need to consider trading for him if he makes it to Tampa.

Rampage
Hopefully the Dolphins stay ****** and Pouncey comes to the 'burgh as a FA. :lol:

jnes1216
dalton to the skins?

BlitzburghRockCity
Dolphins just took Pouncey..so that scenario for the Steelers is officially over.

Zachintosh66
04-28-2011, 10:37 PM
pouncey to miami... pittsburghs heart is broken... welcome back to reality, cmon CB!

BlitzburghRockCity
Gotta be Williams now, maybe Heyward...

Rampage
I don't see how Amuka could fall past 20, but I really really think Steelers need to consider trading for him if he makes it to Tampa.

With Aqib Talib's issues, would Tampa forgo Amukamara?

Phenomenal TJ
Dolphins are going to play him at center, lol.

Zachintosh66
f that... lets trade up for Prince!

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Man, we'll never hear the end of him being drafted higher than Marquise :D

$teelersRule
04-28-2011, 10:38 PM
f that... lets trade up for Prince!
:yellowthumb::yellowthumb:

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:39 PM
With Aqib Talib's issues, would Tampa forgo Amukamara?

Id say no, but again... I am still stunned Houston passed on him.

jnes1216
04-28-2011, 10:39 PM
i hope the chargers take a kicker, I despise them as much as the cheatriots.

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Please, please, please let Prince keep sliding.

jnes1216
04-28-2011, 10:42 PM
another db avail for pitts.

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Ugh.. Don't let Patriots get Amuka!?

coldrolled
04-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Ugh.. Don't let Patriots get Amuka!?

they will --- ha.... ktrains guy nate....

Zachintosh66
04-28-2011, 10:44 PM
thats what im thinking jensk

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:45 PM
thats what im thinking jensk

They should pick him. They could easily go Cameron Jordan though, which would be a need. They could also use a RB

coach
04-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Hope they take RB

Rampage
04-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Solder? lolwut

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Nate Solder.. another one I did not see coming Why not take Castonzo?

coach
04-28-2011, 10:50 PM
I think James Harrison likes that pick.....Speed rush to the QB.

Rampage
04-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Nate Solder.. another one I did not see coming Why not take Castonzo?

Why would anyone draft Costanza?

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/costanzanaked3.jpg

coldrolled
04-28-2011, 10:52 PM
I think James Harrison likes that pick.....Speed rush to the QB.

At least we cant take him... :lol:

patriots and colts have white offensive lines. he fits in.

StlersGuy
04-28-2011, 10:53 PM
How about Mark Ingram if he is still there...dont see it but you never know

Sent from my Droid on the now network!

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:54 PM
How about Mark Ingram if he is still there...dont see it but you never know

I don't think he'll make it past the Giants. Ingram would be great value at 31 but I we have so many other needs.

Also, please don't post those kinds of pictures at these hours! o.o

jnes1216
04-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Why would anyone draft Costanza?

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/costanzanaked3.jpg

and he left the wristwatch on, that is studying game film, he's on my big board.

$teelersRule
04-28-2011, 10:55 PM
trade up ahead of Balt and get Prince!

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:55 PM
As said, if Amukamaru survives Giants, Steelers REALLY REALLY need to consider trading for Amuka!

coach
04-28-2011, 10:57 PM
and he left the wristwatch on, that is studying game film, he's on my big board.

I know they talk about hand on the ground, but knees on the couch is new technique.

Rampage
They'll sit on their butts and do nothing.

StlersGuy
I hate it but Giants will get Ingrim here

jnes1216
giants imo would go off. line

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:58 PM
They'll sit on their butts and do nothing.

It is painful.. Oh so painful

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Prince might be gone after Tampa Bay's pick. They need corner help, and no way they take Jimmy Smith after Talib's bullshit.

Rampage
04-28-2011, 10:59 PM
The way this is going down, I'm thinking there is going to be a prime D-Lineman for the Steelers at 31.

JensK
04-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Ingram's haircut is really tight tho!

HUNT4SEVEN
04-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Damn PA going to NYG atleat the cheaters and rats didn't get him...

Rampage
04-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Ingram's haircut is really tight tho!

If I didn't have the gorgeous locks of Fabio, I would probably have the same 'do myself.

JensK
04-28-2011, 11:02 PM
FML..

Rampage
04-28-2011, 11:03 PM
And there he goes.

$teelersRule
04-28-2011, 11:03 PM
****kkkkkkkkkkk

coach
04-28-2011, 11:04 PM
I am crying now a little.

JensK
04-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Still some serious talent sliding though! Some very good DL players still sitting there.

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2011, 11:05 PM
And that's what I get for wishful thinking.

Rampage
Why worry? We figured he'd be gone at 11 to Houston. His sliding shifted some picks. We're still cool.

jnes1216
bummer, i thought prince would have slipped one more.
of course philly prob would have taken him anyway

cmerrifield
04-28-2011, 11:06 PM
No reason to move up now, lets stay put or trade down for some extra 2nd and 3rd round picks

$teelersRule
04-28-2011, 11:06 PM
who do you want now Carimi? Castanzo? Jordan?

coach
04-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Why worry? We figured he'd be gone at 11 to Houston. His sliding shifted some picks. We're still cool.

You are right in a logical way, but I was starting to get my man crush going.

JensK
04-28-2011, 11:09 PM
who do you want now Carimi? Castanzo? Jordan?

Jordan if he should drop. If not, either of the tackles.

JollyRob68
04-28-2011, 11:10 PM
I thought we would of gone after The Prince.But a lot of good players left.

JensK
04-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Clayborn to Bucs