PDA

View Full Version : improvements steelers need to do!

pimplydan
12-30-2010, 08:30 AM
1.reduce offensive line penalties(Adams?)

2.show some smarts in red zone(Arians)

3.buckle down on special team kickoffs(don't allow does big returns)

4.bring your A game in the defensive backfield(Mcfadden,Gay)

5.Ben throw it away just once if you have to(give yourself and the Oline a break)

If the steelers do this : we are going to go on a 4 game winning streak and you know what that means

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUPERBOWL 7 PIMP

Blazedby92
12-30-2010, 08:46 AM
So otherwise play football

LatrobePA
12-30-2010, 08:55 AM
So otherwise play football

Smart football...:yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Flozell isn't the reason our OL is not playing very well. We're lucky to have this guy, imagine if we wouldn't have found him after Colon went down! We'd have an OL in complete shambles. I'll take his occasional false starts and personal fouls in trade for his solid overall play. He brings a toughness and tenacity to the line, Kemo as well. A good trait of an offensive line is not only good play during the play but also a toughness, a take no crap attitude from the defense.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Flo at 35 is better then Colon......

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2010, 01:39 PM

If this team would just realize that Colon would make a great Guard and then go after a Tackle in the draft it could be an epic OL. Tomlin has mentioned it before, about Willie playing Guard. I'm pretty happy with Flozell at RT, and he is under contract for 2011 for us as well. Starks, Kemo, Pouncey, Colon, and Adams on the line for 2011 would be a very solid group. Hell the front 5 were playing very well the first half of the season until people started getting hurt and then it all went to hell.

DanRooney
12-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Colon is in his contract year right? I doubt he'll be back if he wants to get paid like "one of the best RT's in the league," especially coming off of an ACL injury.

Goodfrom55
12-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Offensive keys:
1. Leave yourself 3rd and manageable distance(3 or 4 yards opposed to 8 yards).
2. Receivers come back to the ball.
3. QB, It's OK to throw it away ot take a sack as long as it doesn't knock us out of FG range.
4. Less Predictable play calling
5. Red ZOne offense: take what they give you. Don't go for the endzone on 1st 2nd and 3rd down- CHIP AWAY!

Defense Keys:
1. Tackle Lower
2. Get off field on 3rd down
3. Don't drop INT's.
4. Play hard, play UNDER CONTROL.

Clevelandsux
12-30-2010, 03:23 PM
jonathan scott is our big problem.

Goodfrom55
12-30-2010, 04:42 PM
jonathan scott is our big problem.

An obvious liability. Trai Essex did pretty well while in there. And again, who's Cheerios did Tony Hills **** in to not get a chance yet again to prove he can earn a paycheck? Is he really that bad? He might have the best job in America in regard to not working for your money.

NT93
12-31-2010, 04:37 AM
1.reduce offensive line penalties(Adams?)

Adams has been solid, could you cut him some slack?

2.show some smarts in red zone(Arians)

Arians offense is near the Bills wrt TD's. Arians need to go, and I don't care how well documented this is. Will the defense keep making the plays to keep the team alive in the post season?

3.buckle down on special team kickoffs(don't allow does big returns)

This is always a concern with Cribbs. Unfortunately, he won't get removed from the game in the same manner as in the previous meeting :(

4.bring your A game in the defensive backfield(Mcfadden,Gay)

Gay should be just a blitzer, he does well there. Mundy has played well, nice PD's - keep up the good work .

5.Ben throw it away just once if you have to(give yourself and the Oline a break)

He never will, it just isn't him. He never gives up on plays, which is how he makes them but also why is battered. This is when Miller really is the go to guy.

If the steelers do this : we are going to go on a 4 game winning streak and you know what that means

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUPERBOWL 7 PIMP

You forgot to mention scoring TD's, not fg's. Against the good teams, the Offense has been terrible. Unless some transformation occurs, the D will have to carry this team again. LeBeau is the main reason for the 2 SB's, not Ben.

--- Added 12/31/2010 at 03:34 AM ---

Agree! I am glad they got Flo for 2 years. It would have been a sight for him to hold that SB trophy in Dallas , but the defense will have to carry the team again if that is to happen.

--- Added 12/31/2010 at 03:37 AM ---

An obvious liability. Trai Essex did pretty well while in there. And again, who's Cheerios did Tony Hills **** in to not get a chance yet again to prove he can earn a paycheck? Is he really that bad? He might have the best job in America in regard to not working for your money.

Essex started the year off well, but just lost his spot due to being out of shape and not intense. In the NE game he was weak, and the coach made the change. Why he hasn't made the change at Qb is another story.

Nolrog
12-31-2010, 06:26 AM
We'd have an OL in complete shambles.

As opposed to the amazing OL we have now? :scratch:

--- Added 12/31/2010 at 05:26 AM ---

If this team would just realize that Colon would make a great Guard and then go after a Tackle in the draft it could be an epic OL.

I don't think one player will turn this into an epic OL. From terrible to epic in one player? They need at least 2 more OL. They need a blind side tackle and a guard (maybe the other Pouncey). I saw opponents rush 3 guys against our 5 man line and still get quick and significant pressure on the QB. That was just horrid.

We need to be able to run on either side. Right now, they run only on one side (I think the left.) If that means moving Colon over to right guard, then fine (though I thought he was in his walk year.) We also need more depth on the OL, so that we can better withstand the injuries.

Since I'm commenting about that, I'll add in that they need another very good DE. Kiessel and Smith are both great but they are up there in years and injured too often. Someone that could spell them a bit, keep them healthy and ultimately replace one when he retires.

Also could use corner help. A good cover guy.

I hope we don't see any LBs or WRs next year. Too many other more urgent needs. We need to do better in the later rounds too, so that come the 4th, 5th rounds, we get a good contributor (maybe even get lucky and find a diamond there.)