PDA

View Full Version : Should Pouncey be considered for NFL Rookie of the Year?

Scorp
12-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Does the Steelers center deserve consideration for NFL offensive rookie of the year?

--- Added 12/29/2010 at 10:58 AM ---

http://http://www.post-gazette.com/polls/default.asp?pollID=3980

steelersbabex25
12-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Yep..

Lunchbucket
12-29-2010, 12:04 PM
I will argue he is the best rookie at his position,and should win ROY.

MDSteel15
12-29-2010, 12:07 PM
He is already in this conversation! There really haven't been any SKILL position players to stand out... :greenbounce2:

LatrobePA
12-29-2010, 12:10 PM
There's some damn good rookies playing for the Pats...

Pouncey in my eyes is up there but will not win it...

Blazedby92
12-29-2010, 12:19 PM
It's not a glory spot so most likely he won't win it even considering one of the harder skill positions to learn let alone for a Rook but he will be ROY in my eyes regardless.
I havent got to watch him every play but I have yet to see his man beat him, I've seen good push on him one game but I'll take that over what we had for what 3 seasons

Silverback
12-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Tough to put him ahead of Suh right now.

JensK
12-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Tough to put him ahead of Suh right now.

Tough to call Suh a player on the offense too.

Don't see Pouncey getting it.. Im betting it'll be Bradford.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-29-2010, 06:28 PM
There aren't many rookies that have stepped in since day 1 of training camp and assumed the role placed before them. Pouncey started taking snaps at Center early on and hasn't looked back. Once he got the chance it was lights out for any competition. For a rookie to start every game and have a positive impact like he has I'd like to see him get strong consideration.

MDSteel15
12-29-2010, 07:06 PM
He should most definately get Offensive Rookie of the Year... Suh will be overall Rookie of the Year!

Goodfrom55
12-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Between Pouncey, Sam Bradford, longshot Legarret Blount. Unfortunately, it is a stats driven league so I would be shocked if he got it.

Don't think the average person recognizes or understands what goes into playing center, both mentally and /or physically.

JensK
12-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Between Pouncey, Sam Bradford, longshot Legarret Blount. Unfortunately, it is a stats driven league so I would be shocked if he got it.

Don't think the average person recognizes or understands what goes into playing center, both mentally and /or physically.

Mike Williams and Dez Bryant needs to be taken into consideration as well

coach
12-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Stats driven league and QB driven league. Pouncey doesn't have a prayer, even though we would love it for him. He'll have to settle for 10-12 pro bowls (woo hoo). A steeler at center year after year in the pro bowl.

I wouldn't be too disappointed about this type of award in the sense that Brady was given the comeback player of the year award for returing from an injury; are you kidding me?; C'MON MAN!

andyg1984
12-29-2010, 10:29 PM
From a tiering perspective he deserves at least offensive ROY .. to me the question starts with what other rooks are in the pro-bowl ..

Big T
12-29-2010, 11:52 PM
He'll get a vote or two, but it'll be Sam Bradford.

He should get some serious consideration, but he wont due to the reasons everyone else stated.

TEEMONT
12-31-2010, 10:40 AM
Living in St Louis now, I hear a lot about how Sam Bradford should be ROTY on talk radio and such. I constantly text in and ask them to justify a QB for an 8-8 with so-so stats being ROTY over a Pro-Bowler for a playoff and possible first round bye team. None of them can do it other than the, "he's a QB." argument.

If they give Bradford the ROTY its a bigger injustice than Suh not winning the Heisman last year. Hell, they might as well just admit that the it's the best QB/RB/WR ROTY award, and no one else will be considered.

A pro bowl rookie v a rookie on a 7-8 team.

That being said...I love the Rams throwback jerseys

Lunchbucket
12-31-2010, 11:48 AM
Living in St Louis now, I hear a lot about how Sam Bradford should be ROTY on talk radio and such. I constantly text in and ask them to justify a QB for an 8-8 with so-so stats being ROTY over a Pro-Bowler for a playoff and possible first round bye team. None of them can do it other than the, "he's a QB." argument.

If they give Bradford the ROTY its a bigger injustice than Suh not winning the Heisman last year. Hell, they might as well just admit that the it's the best QB/RB/WR ROTY award, and no one else will be considered.

A pro bowl rookie v a rookie on a 7-8 team.

That being said...I love the Rams throwback jerseys

I agree with your argument,even if Pouncey does not win,he still is the best offensive rookie FOOTBALL PLAYER at his position.:2cents:

popstaala
12-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Bradford -OROTY
Eric Berry- DROTY

jnes1216
12-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Pouncey for ROY - anything can happen, heck they actually gave money back to James Harrison lol! Its like bizarro world, where good is bad and bad is good.

Clevelandsux
12-31-2010, 08:08 PM
Usually they don't give award to offensive lineman. But should he be considered, hell ya!

Dobre Shunka
01-01-2011, 01:37 AM
He's in the running and for a rook center, that in itself is saying something.

JensK
01-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Bradford -OROTY
Eric Berry- DROTY

Suh will be the DROTY and it wont even be close.

coldrolled
01-01-2011, 03:29 PM
He's in the running and for a rook center, that in itself is saying something.

watching the Gators today. Mike Pouncey is a road grader.. maybe we will get him...:thinking:

LatrobePA
01-01-2011, 03:36 PM
watching the Gators today. Mike Pouncey is a road grader.. maybe we will get him...:thinking:

I never seen 2 centers seek and destroy like the Pouncey's....

He'd be a huge upgrade to the stick in the muds we have now!!