PDA

View Full Version : Harrison, Polamalu, Pouncey in 2010 pro bowl

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Just got the tweet from Adam Schefter.

How is Timmons not voted in, or Farrior!

Steel Trap86
12-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Three Steelers voted to the Pro Bowl: OLB James Harrison and SS Troy Polamalu as starters; C Maurkice Pouncey as a backup

LatrobePA
12-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Pouncey will you marry me???

harpo
12-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Pretty much how I thought it would go. However, I must admit that I was worried that Jeff Saturday would get in before Pouncey.

Timmons should've got in but I had a feeling that given the Patriots success this year, Mayo would get the nod.

mwittman5
12-28-2010, 07:37 PM
mike wallace should have made it over reggie wayne. Wayne had about 120 more yds than wallace but he also had 45 more catches. Wallace had 9 Td's to wayne's 5.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-28-2010, 07:38 PM
I am so glad...I know the fan vote doesn't count for much, but I voted an entire morning one day, and the better part of an afternoon another day. I am so glad Harrison got in---up yours Rog! :tt02:

lloydfan4life
12-28-2010, 07:38 PM
I can see it now... Harrison will be the first player in NFL history to get fined during the Pro Bowl. :evilshake:

steelersbabex25
12-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Pouncey as an alternate? Oy.

But when it comes down to it, this doesn't even matter. The Steelers will be in Dallas that day.

Clevelandsux
12-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Timmons should have made it. He's been our most consistant player all year.

Big T
12-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Pouncey <3

The only reason Ray Lewis is in over Timmons is because he is a bigger name.

steelersbabex25
12-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Pouncey <3

The only reason Ray Lewis is in over Timmons is because he is a bigger name.

True. He's gotten more publicity. You know, with the murder and such.

airbrake 1
12-28-2010, 08:09 PM
It's just mind blowing how good pouncey has been...I was really skeptical if he might even get some time at guard this season...For a rookie to come in and start for the steelers at center is just a testimony to the incredible talent that this man has...Really glad to see his hard work rewarded with a pro-bowl selection...he has definetly earned it...but we will be too busy getting ready for the super bowl for any steelers to participate...really sad to see that lawrence timmons didn't make the line-up perhaps he will be named a substitute...screw ray lewis he is just one of those name recognition picks at this point:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2010, 08:53 PM
I am so glad...I know the fan vote doesn't count for much, but I voted an entire morning one day, and the better part of an afternoon another day. I am so glad Harrison got in---up yours Rog! :tt02:

Well said!! :clap:

The popularity contest bowl strikes again, there's no reason that Farrior and Timmons should not have gotten in. Both of those guys are making plays every week that are differences in the game. The pro bowl is such a joke, the way that players get in just by the name alone is ridiculous.

LatrobePA
12-28-2010, 11:42 PM
It is true, none of these guys will be there, they'll be getting ready for the SB!!

Real Deal Steel
12-29-2010, 12:11 AM
I have to agree that Mike Wallace should have made it over Reggie Wayne. But the pro bowl is a popularity contest.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-29-2010, 08:04 AM
I really thought Heath Miller would have his best chance yet to make it to pro bowl. With Gates missing so much time and Dallas Clark on IR, those were 2 of his big competition that always kept him out.

LatrobePA
12-29-2010, 08:39 AM
I have to agree that Mike Wallace should have made it over Reggie Wayne. But the pro bowl is a popularity contest.

You nailed! But Pouncey earned his ticket!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-29-2010, 08:51 AM
We all know too, that the pro bowl roster will change a dozen times between now and when it's actually played. Players with nagging injuries, ones that get injured in the coming weeks, and those in the super bowl won't be playing. So there will be plenty of room for alternates and reserves to make the final roster.

pimplydan
12-29-2010, 11:08 AM
KUDOS to Pouncey in his rookie year.What a great first rond pick.The steelers have an anchor on the offensive line for the next decade,now the have to build around him.

SteelDad
12-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Congrats to all 3! I think you are all on target with sentiments about Potsie and LT. I can see one of them getting in as an alternate, but this love affair the media and fans have with Ray Lewis is digusting. No question he is/was an outstanding player, but it has been clear as day that he has lost several steps the last 2 years and gets trucked by more guards and FB's than ever before. Oh well, I expected as much.

Scorp
12-29-2010, 12:34 PM
http://http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/are-steelers-wr-mike-wallace-lb-lawrence-timmons-afc-pro-bowl-snubs/33258/

Clevelandsux
12-29-2010, 12:38 PM
OK I want to ask a question? Why do the Clowns have seven pro bowlers and we have only 3? I know they had a few flashes of greatness this season(saints and Patriots games), but they are still a 5-11 football team. I can see Hillis or Thomas. But timmons got snubbed and did Farrior. We should have more alternates for sure. i guess they figure the Clowns are more available for the pro bowl?

MDSteel15
12-29-2010, 12:55 PM
YES :stirpot:

steelersbabex25
12-29-2010, 12:58 PM
OK I want to ask a question? Why do the Clowns have seven pro bowlers and we have only 3? I know they had a few flashes of greatness this season(saints and Patriots games), but they are still a 5-11 football team. I can see Hillis or Thomas. But timmons got snubbed and did Farrior. We should have more alternates for sure. i guess they figure the Clowns are more available for the pro bowl?

The BROWNS are 5-11. Team record has nothing to do how many players on that team make the probowl.

LarryNJ
12-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Congrats to all 3! I think you are all on target with sentiments about Potsie and LT. I can see one of them getting in as an alternate, but this love affair the media and fans have with Ray Lewis is digusting. No question he is/was an outstanding player, but it has been clear as day that he has lost several steps the last 2 years and gets trucked by more guards and FB's than ever before. Oh well, I expected as much.

It's always been that way in every sport, guys make it from past performances and others who are having a great year don't make it. Much of this is because the so called expert media types really are either (A) lazy or (B) clueless.

cmerrifield
12-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Timmons for sure, Wallace was on the fence for me.