PDA

View Full Version : My picks for the Steelers who should go to the pro bowl

Callax
12-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Here are my reasons for the following players to be Hawaii bound:

Safety T Polamalu (starter)

has 6 int's and did not play in the last 3 games and would have had at least 1 more pick. He's a force on the field and EVERY QB playing against PITT better know where's he's at or there goes another turnover!

C Maurkice Pouncey (starter)
The Rookie has played lights out and has made our OL from barely decent to pretty good, maybe next year we can draft his twin brother and plug our RG problem

WR Mike Wallace ( alternate)
Ok very good numbers (5th in NFL in receiving yards, #2 in ypc)and he's beginning to show he's not a "one trick pony"
He's going to be scary good along with that scary fast SPEED!!!

QB Ben Roethlisberger (alternate)
I know, a real reach when playing in the same conference as Manning, brady, Rivers..
One thing in his favor is one or 2 of these QB's will be in the playoffs and will skip the pro bowl.

LB Timmons or Farrior

played great ILB and made out run defense #1!! made plays and turnovers...
either could be a starter and/or alternate....

OLB Harrison (STARTER)
Putting up Defensive MVP numbers like in 2008, but King Goodell has fined him enough and gave him the image of a "dirty Football Player"
Better be Defensive MVP YES HE"S THAT GOOD!!!

what do you think??:2cents: :imho: :tt02: :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2010, 11:31 AM
I edited your thread title so people know these are you picks :) also FYI the pro bowl selection show airs tonight on NFLN

MDSteel15
12-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Here are my reasons for the following players to be Hawaii bound:

Safety T Polamalu (starter)IN

has 6 int's and did not play in the last 3 games and would have had at least 1 more pick. He's a force on the field and EVERY QB playing against PITT better know where's he's at or there goes another turnover!

C Maurkice Pouncey (starter)BACKUP
The Rookie has played lights out and has made our OL from barely decent to pretty good, maybe next year we can draft his twin brother and plug our RG problem

WR Mike Wallace ( alternate)MAYBE :crossfingers:
Ok very good numbers (5th in NFL in receiving yards, #2 in ypc)and he's beginning to show he's not a "one trick pony"
He's going to be scary good along with that scary fast SPEED!!!

QB Ben Roethlisberger (alternate) Should but won't happen
I know, a real reach when playing in the same conference as Manning, brady, Rivers..
One thing in his favor is one or 2 of these QB's will be in the playoffs and will skip the pro bowl.

LB Timmons or Farrior

played great ILB and made out run defense #1!! made plays and turnovers...
either could be a starter and/or alternate....

OLB Harrison (STARTER) LOCK
Putting up Defensive MVP numbers like in 2008, but King Goodell has fined him enough and gave him the image of a "dirty Football Player"
Better be Defensive MVP YES HE"S THAT GOOD!!!

what do you think??:2cents: :imho: :tt02: :cope:

But I'd also add Ike Taylor since he's our only CB that knows what the heck he's doing!

steelersbabex25
12-28-2010, 12:16 PM
But I'd also add Ike Taylor since he's our only CB that knows what the heck he's doing!

That's not saying much.

LatrobePA
12-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Pouncey and Troy all the way!

Harrison as well.

Seeing how the public votes, Ben will never sniff another Pro Bowl again, sorry gang people hate the dude!

airbrake 1
12-28-2010, 12:33 PM
I would say harrison and timmons are locks...I would love to see pouncey get in i think he has excelled at a position where rookies are usually assured failure...farrior,polamalu and hampton i think could be substitutes... I love troy but i remember quite a few people on here saying that he was no where to be found during the middle of the season now after a few big games people act as if he is a candidate for defensive player of the year...needless to say i think troy probably deserves a place on the pro bowl team...go steelers:tt02:

harpo
12-28-2010, 02:58 PM
The only locks are Polamalu and Harrison. Timmons has to compete with Ray Lewis, who is a lock (like it or not), Farrior and Mayo (Patriots). Either Timmons or Farrior gets in but it will be hard for them both to make it. Pouncey is deserving, but he's competing with Mangold and Jeff Saturday. Sorry but Ben won't make it. He's competing with Manning, Brady, Rivers, Cassel and Flacco. Wallace could make it as an alternate, especially with Andre Johnson being injured. Hampton could make it again and i'm looking for Heath Miller to make it, since Gates is injured. If Ike had a couple more INTs, he would probably make it, too.

SteelCityKid5
12-28-2010, 06:06 PM
All good except for Ben

NT93
12-31-2010, 05:44 AM
All good except for Ben

exactly. Ben's playing on the football field made me wonder why he never got benched. Any suggestions? Offensive TD's scored -Steelers are 24th I believe, just above the Bills. When is this offense (lack of) going to end?

steelersbabex25
12-31-2010, 10:26 AM
exactly. Ben's playing on the football field made me wonder why he never got benched.

I'm sorry, would you rather have Leftwich get the ball with 2:00 left and the game in his hands? No thanks. No thanks.

Callax
01-01-2011, 09:01 PM
I think it's funny that I got the QB's going to the ProBowl on the spot!!

Harrison=Starter
Polamalu=Starter
Pouncey= Alternate
a few more might make the team!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2011, 11:56 PM
exactly. Ben's playing on the football field made me wonder why he never got benched. Any suggestions? Offensive TD's scored -Steelers are 24th I believe, just above the Bills. When is this offense (lack of) going to end?

I'm sorry, would you rather have Leftwich get the ball with 2:00 left and the game in his hands? No thanks. No thanks.

I like babe summed it up nicely there, well said. There is not a Steeler fan alive that would actually believe that the Steelers offense is better off with either Leftwich or Batch in there. Hell both of those guys know themselves that Ben is the unquestioned QB of this team.

Nolrog
01-02-2011, 06:17 AM

Hard for him to do anything when his 5-man OL can't block 3 rushers.