PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2011 opponents

LatrobePA
12-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Steelers 2011 opponents

With Kansas City’s clinching of the AFC West title on Sunday, the Steelers’ 2011 opponents have now been set – barring an expansion by the league to an 18-game schedule.

The Steelers will host Cleveland, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New England, Seattle and St. Louis.

They will travel to Cleveland, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, San Francisco and Arizona.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

airbrake 1
12-28-2010, 11:12 AM
i don't believe this is set in stone yet...god forbid but if we should lose to the browns and baltimore wins against cincinnati we would fall to second in the division and would get the second place teams from the afc west and afc east...right now i believe this would be san diego and new york jets...let's pray this doesn't occur

LatrobePA
12-28-2010, 12:22 PM
i don't believe this is set in stone yet...god forbid but if we should lose to the browns and baltimore wins against cincinnati we would fall to second in the division and would get the second place teams from the afc west and afc east...right now i believe this would be san diego and new york jets...let's pray this doesn't occur

Are you trying to ruin my day?? lol:stirpot:

Real Deal Steel
12-29-2010, 12:14 AM
Love that schedule. We will get that schedule and go 14-2 and lock up home field advantage throughout the playoffs!!!

Nolrog
12-29-2010, 07:59 AM
would get the second place teams from the afc west and afc east...right now i believe this would be san diego and new york jets...let's pray this doesn't occur

From a schedule stand point, I'd rather have San Diego and the Jets than Indy and New England.

--- Added 12/29/2010 at 06:59 AM ---

Love that schedule. We will get that schedule and go 14-2 and lock up home field advantage throughout the playoffs!!!

Unless New England matches our 14-2 and beats us head to head like they usually do.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-29-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm pretty sure the Steelers go to Seattle and Arizona comes to Pittsburgh........In 2007 the Seahawks played in Pittsburgh and the Steelers had to go to Arizona.....NFL rotates the games so there is no more of that it takes a team 20 years to make a return trip to a city to play......

CoachC
12-31-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm pretty happy about the scheduled opponents for next season! I'll take the 4 wins from the NFC West and we'll get at LEAST 2 from the AFC South... That's 6, not counting the 2 against the Browns and Bengals... I'd guess 13-3 probability...

Bucsfan4ever
01-01-2011, 08:28 AM
I'm pretty sure the Steelers go to Seattle and Arizona comes to Pittsburgh........In 2007 the Seahawks played in Pittsburgh and the Steelers had to go to Arizona.....NFL rotates the games so there is no more of that it takes a team 20 years to make a return trip to a city to play......

Hope you're right!! Won't have to watch the Steelers slaughter the Bucs in Tampa again for 20 years...when I'm 95!! :lol:

Farrior Fan
01-01-2011, 09:24 PM
NFC West season!!!! Minimum 3 wins vs ohio teams, 4 from nfc west, minimum 2 vs afc south, split w/ Balt, win either indy or NE. That gives us 11 wins unless we implode after winning the Super Bowl again.

LarryNJ
01-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Some great potential road trips....SF, Seattle or Phoenix.. even Indy would be cool

SteelDad
01-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Here's our answer to the question about Seattle coming east again and us going to Arizona again. From Peter King at si.com. I'll post this as a thread as well.

I AM CONFUSED TOO. "I am confused about the 2011 schedule...I know that Pittsburgh will play an NFC division every four years, but Seattle played in the Burgh in 2007, why aren't the Steelers playing in Seattle in the Fall? I plan on seeing them play in every city and was planning a trip to Seattle this year. Totally bummed.''
--Kelli O., of Chicago

I didn't know, either, until the league's Terence Malangone forward me this information this morning: Beginning in 2010, a change was made to how teams are paired in the schedule rotation to ensure that teams playing the AFC and NFC West divisions would not be required to make two West Coast trips (e.g. at San Francisco and at Seattle), while other teams in their division had none (e.g. at St. Louis and at Arizona) ... Seems a quirky and unimportant rules change that hurts fans to me, because now, potentially and anecdotally, a great player like Ben Roethlisberger could play his entire career and never play in Seattle. The Steelers could go 12 years without playing in Seattle. I don't like that.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/01/04/mail/index.html#ixzz1A684J04f

SteelDad
01-04-2011, 02:53 PM
In regards to playing in Arizona againg and Seattle coming to Pittsburgh again.....

I AM CONFUSED TOO. "I am confused about the 2011 schedule...I know that Pittsburgh will play an NFC division every four years, but Seattle played in the Burgh in 2007, why aren't the Steelers playing in Seattle in the Fall? I plan on seeing them play in every city and was planning a trip to Seattle this year. Totally bummed.''
--Kelli O., of Chicago

I didn't know, either, until the league's Terence Malangone forward me this information this morning: Beginning in 2010, a change was made to how teams are paired in the schedule rotation to ensure that teams playing the AFC and NFC West divisions would not be required to make two West Coast trips (e.g. at San Francisco and at Seattle), while other teams in their division had none (e.g. at St. Louis and at Arizona) ... Seems a quirky and unimportant rules change that hurts fans to me, because now, potentially and anecdotally, a great player like Ben Roethlisberger could play his entire career and never play in Seattle. The Steelers could go 12 years without playing in Seattle. I don't like that.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/01/04/mail/index.html#ixzz1A684J04f

coldrolled
01-04-2011, 03:28 PM
this year we had some primtime games... this next schedule... maybe we have

Baltimore-snf, Tennessee-snf, New England-mnf, Indianapolis-tnf, Kansas City-mnf

4 maybe 5 primttime

Real Deal Steel
01-06-2011, 12:30 AM
I"m telling you..next year's schedule will keep us out of the lime light so much but allow us to rack up atleast 13 wins.

Scorp
02-12-2011, 07:11 PM
www.yardbarker.com
www.foxsports.com

Jeff says:
February 7, 2011 at 7:10 pm
I think we will sweep the Browns and Bengals.
Might have a split with the Ravens or win both.
Beat the Jaguars and the Titans.
Maybe lose to the Pats in overtime or beat them in 4th quarter or overtime.
Beat the Seahawks and Rams.
Beat the Teaxans and 49ers.
Beat the Cardinals and beat the Colts.
Maybe play the Jets, Colts or Ravens in the Playoffs.
Then maybe play the Pats or Ravens in the championship.
May meat up with the Packers again,Saints or Eagles in the superbowl.

JensK
02-12-2011, 07:55 PM
The Texans and Niners could easily be tricky games... Both are really talented. I also don't see us beating Pats in the Play-offs if we make it that far. Those 6 picks is going to cause NFL some trouble balance wise..

HUNT4SEVEN
02-12-2011, 08:34 PM
As long as BA is our OC we r screwed...

jannypan
03-19-2011, 02:20 AM
i don't believe this is set in stone yet...god forbid but if we should lose to the browns and baltimore wins against cincinnati we would fall to second in the division and would get the second place teams from the afc west and afc east