PDA

View Full Version : Old timer Browns fan takes shots at Steeler fans

Steel Trap86
12-28-2010, 08:50 AM
This guy took some hard jabs at Steeler fans that some might want to read, while the players and history are WAY before my time. So seeing as it's Browns week, I thought we could get some different takes by some knowledgable Steeler Addicts on this guys "fan history" rant and whether their is any truth to it, cause god knows I'm learning some new **** today lol

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17548

coldrolled
12-28-2010, 09:23 AM
funny.. if your a browns fan.. Modell took your team out of the NFL.. Left Cleveland MIA for what 5 years with no team and basically paid a dollar a year for years for a stadium he used and never fixed up... then left and won a SB in Balt.... Then the NFL forces Cleveland to spend millions to build a new stadum to qualify to get a new team... all modells fault.

The Steelers beat the Ravens often.. We beat the ravens in the AFCC.. We stop the ravens from winning div titles and chamionships...

the browns fans should love us.. but maybe they are not that bright to see this.

actually they should let us win this week just so modell and ozzie newsome cant win another title...

Browns need to focus their hate on the ravens...

North Steel
12-28-2010, 09:37 AM
who gives a ****, that was then this is now, he can reminisce about the past all he wants hopefully it will bring him a SB soon,NOT.:willybs:

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-28-2010, 01:32 PM
That and a river that catches fire every few years. Yeah I am glad I am a Steelers fan. Probably never been south of Euclid Ave.

And oh yeah, there was a reason modess took that fkd up team out of dodge.

Signed,
Steelers fan since 1963.

Waitin for Dawgs:2cents:

coach
12-28-2010, 08:02 PM
I can post about Jim Brown, Hickerson, Fair Hooker, Otto, Fiss, Walter Johnson, Kelly, The Flea, The Pruitts, Gain, Lou The Toe, Ryan, Plum, Warfield, Green, Ernie Davis, Erics- Turner and Barnes, Mitchell, Lavelli and on it goes, and 99% here will have their own 2 cents to put in.

The same thing can be said about thins like herpes, genital warts and venereal disease.

Commonality of experience doesn't make you more authentic than others, it just makes you different.

steelers4life66
12-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Do they know that their fan attendance was so poor that they had to merge with the Eagles in 43, calling themselves the Steagles, and then in 44 with the Chicago Cardinals calling themselves the Card-Pitts?

The old fart doesn't know as much as he thinks. The merger between these teams had nothing to do with attendance. The drain of manpower in sports due to the war was the reason behind those mergers, not fan attendance. God I hate someone that shoots their mouth off when they don't have a clue. Funny how this guy puts his teeth in a glass at night and turns around and calls us toothless. :lol:

Steel Trap86
12-28-2010, 08:34 PM
The old fart doesn't know as much as he thinks. The merger between these teams had nothing to do with attendance. The drain of manpower in sports due to the war was the reason behind those mergers, not fan attendance. God I hate someone that shoots their mouth off when they don't have a clue. Funny how this guy puts his teeth in a glass at night and turns around and calls us toothless. :lol:

lmao :yellowthumb:

lloydfan4life
12-28-2010, 08:44 PM
I like the fact that there were a few browns fans on there that, in so many words, basically told this *** clown to STFU. :rofl:

Clevelandsux
12-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Browns fans are still the worst, most ignorant fans in the league. Go to there stadium, you'll find out very quickly. I wish them no luck, whatsoever. they tackled an 8 year jets fan earlier this season. Now a couple from Columbus are complaining after last weeks Ravens game. That about 20 Browns fans started punching the windows in his truck, telling his wife to expose herself. And broke off his mirror. What a bunch of jagoffs. What are we, european soccer fans?

Moondog
12-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Browns fans are jealous, that's really all there is to it. What have the Browns done lately? When is the last time they have even won the division? Besides the Kosar years where they choked with "the drive" and "the fumble" in those AFC championship games, when was the last time they have been even near consistent? You probably have to go back forty years to see any consistency. The last time they even won a playoff game? Fifteen, sixteen years? Really? IMO, in the here and now of today, Browns fans have nothing to talk about, in fact I think they hate the Steelers more than they like their own team.

Clevelandsux
12-28-2010, 09:07 PM
I know people, uncles etc that watched the old Steelers. Ok I wasn't born yet, so what. This guy is an old fart that has nothing to talk about since 1964. Not our fault your team hasn't won anything since color tv.

--- Added 12/28/2010 at 07:07 PM ---

Browns fans have nothing to talk about, in fact I think they hate the Steelers more than they like their own team.

I agree. There only goal in life is to beat the Steelers. While we are focused on winning Super Bowls. All I get from Browns fans is "we're going nowhere, losing in first round". I'm like where are you going? They have nothing to lose, because they have no expectations. I just want a party at Browns stadium sunday! It's the steelers party after clinching the AFC north.:cope:

LarryNJ
12-28-2010, 10:52 PM
:plus1::plus1:

I know people, uncles etc that watched the old Steelers. Ok I wasn't born yet, so what. This guy is an old fart that has nothing to talk about since 1964. Not our fault your team hasn't won anything since color tv.

I really don't think he's an old fart, I think it's a young punk who pulled some names from the 60's off the internet. Why do I believe that? I started following the Steelers in the early 70's and I recently turned 50. If he was watching them 10 or 20 years before me that puts him in his 60's or 70's. Any guy that old knows what happened during WWII and would never say something so ignorant. He would also know that the generation of my father and uncles that served in the war were hard working, blue collar, die hard Pittsburgh sports fans. Very similar to the Cleveland fans. The games were not all on TV but no matter where they were there would be a transistor radio up to their ear listening to the Steelers or Pirates. I have a picture of my uncle doing just that at my sister wedding. I'd really like to know where he came up with the avg. Attendance during the SB years was less than 47,000:lol: I belive that everygame has been sold out since 1973 before we won a Superbowl.

Clevelandsux
12-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Pittsburgh has always loved the Steelers, even when they were bad. I'm 40, and i've only been watching them since around 1980-81. After our 4 sb run. Browns fans are full of ****. I just to kick there asses so bad. I don't want any conceptions of an upset after the first qtr. Ya they beat us last year. I was at that game. It was cold, we were banged and demorailized in the midst of a 5 game losing streak. This game is very important to us, much like last years. The steelers better bring there A game!

Real Deal Steel
12-29-2010, 01:24 AM
I don't care about some old crap that doesn't have relevance in recent history. Browns ain't nothing and will never be nothing as long as their in our division.

DanRooney
12-29-2010, 06:07 AM
They say all of our fans grew from the Steel Curtain era, so we are less authentic. But couldn't the same be said about their fanbase in the 50's and 60's when they won their 4 championships? Everyone since then has since abandoned ship...I've known 1 Browns fan my entire life.

Anyways, this is irrelevant. We're not rivals with them anymore. We've only played a handful of meaningful games in 40 years. Most people will agree that the Ravens and the Steelers are the real rivalry in the AFCN, and probably one of the best ones in the NFL.

bobbybelliv
12-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Spoken like a true jealous *******