PDA

View Full Version : Is there any chance the Steelers dont take care of business against the Browns Sunday

Troyisabeast_43
12-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Now I know there is always that chance of an upset but does anybody on this board realistically think that the Steelers could actually go into Cleveland knowing what's on the line with the AFC North Division and a number 2 seed in the playoffs at stake and lose to the Browns in Cleveland with a rookie QB playing for them?? Ill say this much the Browns yesterday while they did lose to the Ravens the Ravens let them hang around in this game way too long and fortunately for the Ravens the Browns werent able to capatalize on it and take advantage of it. But the bottom line is they did hang around long enough to still have a chance to win this game. I just hope the Steelers dont let the Browns do the samething this week. The Steelers need to come out in this game and get the lead early and get up by 14-17 points in this game by the 2nd quarter much like they did with the Panthers and put the Browns out of their misery. The Browns are most likely going to fire Eric Mangini once this season is over and the Steelers need to make sure that they put the final nail in Mangini's coffin once and for all.

The bottom line is this if the Steelers cant beat a team like the Cleveland Browns with this much on the line for the playoffs then they dont deserve to win the North and get the bye week and they should pretty much just conceed their playoff spot all together. One thing this Steelers team has been able to do this year unlike last year is beat the teams they are suppose to beat with losing records. They have not lost to a team this year with a losing record and are 6-1 overall on the road. I just cannot see the Steelers with as many veterans as they have on this team and knowing what's at stake in this game in Cleveland going up their and laying an egg and losing to the Browns with the division and a bye week in the playoffs on the line. I will be just completely shocked if it does happen, and if it indeed would happen I would predict them to go 1 and done in the playoffs...

LarryNJ
12-27-2010, 09:23 PM
It's a stone cold lock..we win ..the Ravens have a better chance of losing.

Troyisabeast_43
12-27-2010, 09:37 PM
It's a stone cold lock..we win ..the Ravens have a better chance of losing.

I wouldnt say it's a stone cold lock I am just hoping the Steelers get up early and often in this game and put this game away early. Get up something like 20-3 at the half and the game will be over. If the Browns have to rely on Mccoy to win this game with his arm if they are down by more then 2 TD's their chances of beating the Steelers are slim to none...My point is the Steelers cannot let the Browns hang around in this game and give them more of a reason to play harder and believe they can pull off this upset. When you do things like that that's when things can get very very dangerous...This is another game where Arians and Tomlin are going to have to be aggressive on offense early in the game and dont let their foot off the gas. I want quick back breaking scores this game by Wallace early not these 7-8 minutes drives like the Steelers have been having over the last few weeks that result in either 3 points or 0 points. They did this **** in Buffalo against the Bills where they held the ball forever in the first half but were only up 13-0 going into the half and we all know how that game almost turned out in the 2nd half.

If the Steelers and Arians get cute and try to pull the same bullshit this game as they did in the Bills game on offense holding the ball forever and getting no points out of it the same exact thing could happen in this game in Cleveland that happened in Buffalo with the Bills...Im just saying people better not take the Browns for granted because while they havent been playing well at all the last few weeks they are improved enough and decent enough this season as they have proven that if the Steelers dont put them away early and they take their foot off their throats they will hang in this game and make this game miserable for Steelers fans to watch...

steelersbabex25
12-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Of course there's a chance, but I don't think it's a very big one. The Steelers know that they have to get it done, this won't be the same as last year.

From Lamarr Woodley's facebook:
Goodnight steeler nation!!! 1000% focused on beating cleve.. we want that #2 seed and to play in front of all u on the road to #7.. plus we owe ya for what weve put u thru at home this yr!! lol

Lunchbucket
12-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Total focus will result in NO problem.

Troyisabeast_43
12-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Of course there's a chance, but I don't think it's a very big one. The Steelers know that they have to get it done, this won't be the same as last year.

From Lamarr Woodley's facebook:
Goodnight steeler nation!!! 1000% focused on beating cleve.. we want that #2 seed and to play in front of all u on the road to #7.. plus we owe ya for what weve put u thru at home this yr!! lol

Woodley better quit worrying about tweeting stuff and texting stuff on facebook and start increasing his level of play over the next few weeks and in the playoffs because Woodley has not been playing that well as of lately and he had better make life for McCoy and the Browns offense this week miserable...

LarryNJ
12-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Woodley better quit worrying about tweeting stuff and texting stuff on facebook and start increasing his level of play over the next few weeks and in the playoffs because Woodley has not been playing that well as of lately and he had better make life for McCoy and the Browns offense this week miserable...

:plus1::plus1::plus1:

Steel Trap86
12-27-2010, 10:41 PM
This happened last year, we went into Cleveland with a playoff spot on the line and couldn't get anything going at all. Arians worst game to date actually, he should have been fired. Ben took 9 sacks against the Browns on the loss and I think Quinn was a rookie.

If we can't beat the Browns, then no we don't deserve a 2 seed, but we still earned a playoff spot by winning 11 other games so I would be looking forward to see how they would bounce back from a loss to the **** Browns. I really doubt the Steelers drop this one though. I think they take care of business and lock the division up with the bye week. Ravens have a better chance of losing to the Bengals imo

steelersbabex25
12-27-2010, 10:41 PM

I don't think Woodley sacrifices his playing ability to think of what to put on his facebook..

LarryNJ
12-27-2010, 11:12 PM
I don't think Woodley sacrifices his playing ability to think of what to put on his facebook..

probably not...but it's like the DB who dances around like he just won the SB after making a tackle when 3 plays earlier he got beat for a 65 yd TD. :greengrin:

Real Deal Steel
12-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Total focus will result in NO problem.

After last year, there will be no overlooking the Browns. The team will come out with fire in their eyes and quickly snuff out the Browns hopes for an out-going upset.

LatrobePA
12-28-2010, 01:14 AM
Is a frogs butthole water tight??

DIESELMAN
12-28-2010, 08:06 AM
There is always a chance of an upset, look at what the Browns did to the Saints and Patriots earlier this year. BUT that was earlier this year, both the Steelers and Browns are different teams right now. The Steelers know what the stakes are and I'm sure they still have a bad taste in their mouth from last year. I see the Steelers handing the Browns an *** whoopin they haven't had in a while.

coldrolled
12-28-2010, 09:00 AM
After last year, there will be no overlooking the Browns. The team will come out with fire in their eyes and quickly snuff out the Browns hopes for an out-going upset.

Ryan vs Arians.. this game by ryan should look like the Jets game... Browns Secondary is all they have still playing together a bit.. The DL and LB's are hurting and mostly IR.. Half their team is IR. We need to run and make quick passes often.

the browns have to run but cant so.... blitz up the middle with the LB's off St.Clair he sucks and blitz often. blitz like the Falcons did last night from every angle.. a good game to practice blitzing. maybe rotate worilds in with woodley if woodley is holding his woodley to much in the game.

then we win. :cope::cope::plus1: :2cents:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2010, 09:59 PM
The bottom line is this if the Steelers cant beat a team like the Cleveland Browns with this much on the line for the playoffs then they dont deserve to win the North and get the bye week and they should pretty much just conceed their playoff spot all together.

you hit the nail on the head there 43, there is no way in the hell the Steelers can justify losing this game no matter who is on the field or not on the field for us this weekend. Everything is on the line, this one is for the 2nd seed. If you can't get up for this game and find a way to win then you deserve to sit at home for the postseason. I don't care how many "big upset" wins the Browns have had this year, they are playing a rookie QB and a team full of young players who aren't at the level of this team yet. You go into this game with the mindset of coming out firing right from the get go and rip their hearts out before they have a chance to even think of making some type of come back.

Goodfrom55
12-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Wouldn't be totally surprised if Cincy beat Baltimore this week. They match up very well with Ravens and as long as Carson doesn't give the game away with turnovers, Bengals could pull off the upset.

As for Steelers, playoffs start Sunday; that has to be their mentality.

LarryNJ
12-28-2010, 11:02 PM
They better not pull what the Eagles are tonight.

Clevelandsux
12-28-2010, 11:05 PM
I agree. There is no excuse for the Steelers to lose this game. They need to put them away early. Hillis is banged up, which helps us. But this is like a playoff win. We win, no game next week and home game two weeks from now. I expect the Steelers to take care of business!

mwittman5
12-29-2010, 12:13 AM
shut down the run and pound the rock all day.

Real Deal Steel
12-29-2010, 01:12 AM
No excuses.

Nolrog
12-29-2010, 09:15 AM
Now I know there is always that chance of an upset but does anybody on this board realistically think that the Steelers could actually go into Cleveland knowing what's on the line with the AFC North Division and a number 2 seed in the playoffs at stake and lose to the Browns in Cleveland with a rookie QB playing for them??

I think it's possible, especially with the over confidence we see on the board (which the team is likley feeling as well.) They'd like nothing more than to knock us off. It's their Super Bowl.

steelersbabex25
12-29-2010, 12:36 PM
I think it's possible, especially with the over confidence we see on the board (which the team is likley feeling as well.) They'd like nothing more than to knock us off. It's their Super Bowl.

It's a pretty big jump to conclude that because the fans are feeling a certain way, the team is feeling a certain way as well.

SteelDad
12-29-2010, 01:21 PM
"Any Given Sunday" said former Commissioner Bert Bell. Except for this one.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2010, 09:02 PM
This game will say a lot for the Steelers, all the hard work they've put in this year. The injuries they've overcome, the officials, the fines, you name it. They win this game and they are well on their way to a chance at another Super Bowl appearance. They lose and they are just another team that looked good but didn't have what it takes to finish out strong.

Troyisabeast_43
12-30-2010, 09:42 PM
This game will say a lot for the Steelers, all the hard work they've put in this year. The injuries they've overcome, the officials, the fines, you name it. They win this game and they are well on their way to a chance at another Super Bowl appearance. They lose and they are just another team that looked good but didn't have what it takes to finish out strong.

We will find out I believe how this game is going to turn out I believe by the end of the first beginning of the 2nd quarter on Sunday. Im telling you the Steelers and dumbass Arians MUST be aggressive in this game early and often and jump all over this Browns team. None of this bullshit like we did in Buffalo where we held the ball forever in the first half on 7-8 minute drives that resulted in no points and only being up 13-0 going into half only scoring 1 TD. I want a game like the game in Tampa the Steelers played in September, or the game against the Raiders here at Heinz Field in November where the game is totally out of reach by halftime and the Browns have no chance what so ever to come back. I said it before and Ill say it again if the Steelers **** around in this game and get cute with the play calling and would rather put long possessions together that result in no points instead of short possessions that result in TD's this game is going to be close because the Browns will not lay down for the Steelers and if the Steelers give them a good enough reason to believe and hang around in this game they will most definitely do so...The Steelers MO for this game against the Browns going into it should be ABSOLUTELY NO MERCY AND PUT THEM AWAY EARLY AND OFTEN!!!