PDA

View Full Version : John kuhn

Clevelandsux
12-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Why did we let this guy go? I watched the Packers game today, he certainly would help our running game. Our Running game lacks depth.

igor0190
12-27-2010, 02:10 AM
Why did we let this guy go? I watched the Packers game today, he certainly would help our running game. Our Running game lacks depth.

Our running game lacks a true fullback because BA doesn't like them... He seems to have good hands and running ability, but is Kuhn a good blocking fullback??

Black@Gold Forever32
12-27-2010, 02:16 AM
lol.....Every time I see Kuhn on tv I think of our fan base.......I know some of you were Kuhn supporters back in the day when he was training camp monster for the Steelers four years ago.....The Steelers have another Kuhn type on the roster currently and its Issac Redman.......Kuhn is just a role player and Redman is filling that role just fine....

As for Kuhn helping our run game.........I wouldn't say Kuhn has helped the Packers run game at all this year and the Packers still don't have a consistent running game since Ryan Grant's injury in the first week of the season......Kuhn 80 carries for 281 yards for a beastly 3.5 yards per carry....Kuhn does have 6 total TD's on the year though......

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2010, 02:20 AM
I was having a debate on my wifes Facebook about Kuhn today...LOL Everytime he's on TV everybody says how we should have kept him. I was a supporter of him, I think he's a good young player but he was in a crowded backfield when he was here. Plus like others said, Arians doesn't used a true FB so his days were numbered. He ran pretty well when he did get the chance with us, but such is life when you have an offense that doesn't use a FB... :evilshake:

steelchamp204
12-27-2010, 10:12 AM
I miss Dan Kreider :(. Dude was a great fb for us

LatrobePA
12-27-2010, 10:22 AM
lol.....Every time I see Kuhn on tv I think of our fan base.......I know some of you were Kuhn supporters back in the day when he was training camp monster for the Steelers four years ago.....The Steelers have another Kuhn type on the roster currently and its Issac Redman.......Kuhn is just a role player and Redman is filling that role just fine....

As for Kuhn helping our run game.........I wouldn't say Kuhn has helped the Packers run game at all this year and the Packers still don't have a consistent running game since Ryan Grant's injury in the first week of the season......Kuhn 80 carries for 281 yards for a beastly 3.5 yards per carry....Kuhn does have 6 total TD's on the year though......

He was their run game at some points this season due to injuries....

PsychoWard
12-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Are running game is ok but it hasn't been the same ever since we haven't had a true fullback! :2cents:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-27-2010, 12:37 PM
He was their run game at some points this season due to injuries....

yea he did such a wonderful job with 80 carries for 281 rushing yards......With a mighty 3.5 yards per carry.....I don't know how the Steelers will ever over come cutting John Kuhn........Kuhn is a role player and the Steelers find guys like him every year.....Not much difference between Issac Redman and John Kuhn.....Kuhn might be more of a true FB then Redman but just saying I don't understand why Kuhn is even mentioned on this site....If he was having a Peyton Hillis type season then say something....lol

By the way Redman has 50 carries for 235 yards.....4.7 yards per carry......Kuhn does have 4 rushing TDs and Redman doesn't have a rushing TD.....Both have two receiving TDs........

I guess I just don't see were John Kuhn would have made such a difference in our season or running game........He is far from a great blocker like Dan Kreider.........

coach
12-27-2010, 01:16 PM
I think the thing that I have more trouble with is how do you draft a guy like Frank Summers in the fifth round if guys like Kuhn become expendable and FB isn't much of an option in BAs same plan?
Despite the fact that I love them, and you can't argue with their recipe for success, sometimes I think the Steeler personnel decisions aren't always well thought out.

Let's hope 2011 draft is more like 2010 than 2009.

MDSteel15
12-27-2010, 01:42 PM
yea he did such a wonderful job with 80 carries for 281 rushing yards......With a mighty 3.5 yards per carry.....I don't know how the Steelers will ever over come cutting John Kuhn........Kuhn is a role player and the Steelers find guys like him every year.....Not much difference between Issac Redman and John Kuhn.....Kuhn might be more of a true FB then Redman but just saying I don't understand why Kuhn is even mentioned on this site....If he was having a Peyton Hillis type season then say something....lol

By the way Redman has 50 carries for 235 yards.....4.7 yards per carry......Kuhn does have 4 rushing TDs and Redman doesn't have a rushing TD.....Both have two receiving TDs........

I guess I just don't see were John Kuhn would have made such a difference in our season or running game........He is far from a great blocker like Dan Kreider.........

Man, Redman doesn't carry the ball out of the FB position, he takes the handoff from the HB spot when he carries the ball!

lloydfan4life
12-27-2010, 01:49 PM
I cheer for Kuhn, and I wish he was still a Steeler... but I'm a little biased. He graduated from here and I work with his mom. :lol:

He had a hell of a game yesterday! It's nice to see him doing well. :cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Man, Redman doesn't carry the ball out of the FB position, he takes the handoff from the HB spot when he carries the ball!

no ****....but you're missing the ****ing point...I never said Redman was taking handoffs from the full back spot...I'm using the comparison of Redman since both of these guys are nothing but role players and will be nothing more then that in their careers.....

John Kuhn is averaging a whooping 3.5 yards per carry....lol He isn't that great of blocker.....All I'm saying is the Steelers have role players like Kuhn on the roster......I just fail to see were Kuhn would help this team so greatly in the running game if he was still on team....That is all.....Christ almighty.......:lol:

Yea releasing the great John Kuhn has put this franchise back years....lol

Clevelandsux
12-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Kuhn would certainly help us out in red zone situations.

LatrobePA
12-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Kuhn would certainly help us out in red zone situations.

He certainly doesn't avoid contact!!

Real Deal Steel
12-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Are running game is ok but it hasn't been the same ever since we haven't had a true fullback! :2cents:

Our glory running was when we had a fullback in the offense. All the more reason I want Arians out of here.

coldrolled
12-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Our glory running was when we had a fullback in the offense. All the more reason I want Arians out of here.

FB coming soon in 2011.. Still no extension of an Arians contract.. :crossfingers:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Redman doesn't shy away from contact either.....I think he should be given more chances in the red zone....We have seen Mendenhall struggle at times 5 yards and in.........

Its cool seeing Kuhn contributing withe Packers since he was an undrafted player and yea would have been nice if he still was here......All I am saying is I think Redman is basically the same type of player even if Redman isn't a FB........I just don't how much of an improvement Kuhn would have made?.....I'm thinking not that much really......Now if he was having a Peyton Hillis type season then I would see your point more.....lol

LatrobePA
12-28-2010, 12:52 PM
I'd love to see Mendy lower his shoulder and run over a safety. Last week he broke that long one off and tip toes out of bounds..

Redman, not so much, he would of taken his chances laying someone out!!

Goodfrom55
12-28-2010, 07:13 PM
it's not so much Kuhn or our RB's as it is the system. Arians running game is very predictable.

Dobre Shunka
12-29-2010, 03:56 AM
In terms of a FB I could careless how many yards they average per carry. What I care about is that the FB can push through and get that goal line TD against the likes of Ray lewis and gang. Something, btw, even Redzone Redman failed to do.

Mendy can rack the yards up as our HB, that's what he's paid to do.

Who is our bruiser that can get the 1 or 2 for the first, or the goal line TD when that premier D knows he's coming?

Blazedby92
12-29-2010, 06:50 AM
I'd love to see Mendy lower his shoulder and run over a safety. Last week he broke that long one off and tip toes out of bounds..

Redman, not so much, he would of taken his chances laying someone out!!

I been screaming that for 3 yrs now and have been flamed for it too. I like Mendy but doesnt show much toughness.

JensK
12-29-2010, 08:04 AM
Mendenhall is as tough as anyone when running up the middle... He have been quite a beating this year. Why would he want to take a hit if he can avoid it though? Id much rather see him have 3 more productive years in him than destroying his body.

LatrobePA
12-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Mendenhall is as tough as anyone when running up the middle... He have been quite a beating this year. Why would he want to take a hit if he can avoid it though? Id much rather see him have 3 more productive years in him than destroying his body.

Would make that S think twice B4 making a tackle on him again...

Blazedby92
12-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Would make that S think twice B4 making a tackle on him again...

Thank you RB's are a dime a dozen nowdays, who cares if if doesn't play much more, you can always find a RB with speed to take the corner out of bounds.

The thing is that he has shown SOME power but very seldom will he ever put a shoulder down even when he is one on one with a CB, it's really kind of sad since football is a game of inches.

And that's why I think he is only a 2 down back because when the other team sees that he takes it out side no matter if it's 3rd and 10 or 3rd and 1, I have seen him so many times miss wide open cutback lanes, it's sickening.
Feature backs are a thing of the past, give me a bruiser back that isn't scared of contact to spell Mendy.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-29-2010, 12:44 PM
In terms of a FB I could careless how many yards they average per carry. What I care about is that the FB can push through and get that goal line TD against the likes of Ray lewis and gang. Something, btw, even Redzone Redman failed to do.

Mendy can rack the yards up as our HB, that's what he's paid to do.

Who is our bruiser that can get the 1 or 2 for the first, or the goal line TD when that premier D knows he's coming?

How many times has Redman picked up first downs on 3rd and short this season? To many to count really.......He has been money on 3rd a short this year......Ok he hasn't punched in from the 1 to many times but he hasn't had many chances as well.....I know against the Ravens he took on a bunch of contact from a dump off pass and got it in to win the game......I think Redman could do just fine as a goal line RB......

Yea having a bruiser is a nice thing to have but I still think Kuhn wouldn't have made that much of a difference on this team this year.....Half of this 6 TDs came against the Giants this past Sunday which their defense looked they had quit for the season ever since Vick made his miracle comeback against them......

Blazedby92
12-29-2010, 03:48 PM
No I wasn't referring to Kuhn when I said Bruiser but more like an Alstott

coldrolled
12-29-2010, 04:51 PM
No I wasn't referring to Kuhn when I said Bruiser but more like an Alstott

Blount will make the alstott memories fade...

Blazedby92
12-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Haven't seen enough of Blount to say that so no just a Bruiser not a glory guy I want someone to get those shortyardage gains and go back to the huddle like he did his job now lets keep it going. I would say "THE MOOSE" but the NFL broke that mold years ago now we are using HB's for FB and TE for FB.

TEEMONT
12-31-2010, 11:42 AM

He's white dude...thats why they love him...lol

lloydfan4life
01-01-2011, 08:05 PM
He's white dude...thats why they love him...lol

:yesnod: Yep... you figured us out, Einstein.

:wtf: would even possess you to make a moronic statement like that out of the blue?

Farrior Fan
01-01-2011, 10:38 PM
We could have Franco and the Bus in their primes and they couldn't run for the same reason Ben gets sacked so often. OUR O LINE SUCKS. Fix that and we instantly have a really strong run game. Hopefully having Colon and Starks back will help next year.