PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall loses 100-yard game

Scorp
12-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Don't know if this has been posted yet.

Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall has lost the extra yard he was incorrectly credited with Sunday against the Jets, costing him a 100-yard game.

The Elias Sports Bureau, the NFL's statisticians, deducted the yard Mendenhall was given on a 9-yard run to the Jets 26 in the second quarter. There was confusion when the chain crew accidentally began moving the yard markers, so referee Peter Morelli's crew placed the ball at the 25 and signaled a first down.

The Steelers' statisticians then credited Mendenhall with a 10-yard run. Elias changed it to a 9-yard gain and tacked the phantom yard onto a sack of Ben Roethlisberger on the following play.

Mendenhall finished with 99 yards on 17 carries, his second 99-yard game this season.

http://http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Rashard-Mendenhall-loses-100-yard-game-122510

steeldoc
12-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Half of the refs actually appear to be senile. I bet this affects a team or teams during the playoffs, and the outcomes of the games. This is actually affecting the quality of the product, and with high def allows drunk idiots the opportunity to watch a game not rooting for their team but rooting for a flag to be thrown. If football had founding fathers, I bet this is not what they had in mind.

steelchamp204
12-26-2010, 09:20 PM
So they can take away stats? what about the pats suberbowl years when they were cheating lmao.

SteelCityKid5
12-26-2010, 11:27 PM
"Thats a bummer man"

--- Added 12/26/2010 at 09:27 PM ---

So they can take away stats? what about the pats suberbowl years when they were cheating lmao.

Go home

SteelDad
12-27-2010, 03:46 PM
What pisses me off is the fact they have no problem correcting these egregious errors, but yet they never feel it right to correct the officials when they throw flags (or in some cases do not) on these "illegal" hits.

steelchamp204
12-27-2010, 06:09 PM
"Thats a bummer man"

--- Added 12/26/2010 at 09:27 PM ---

Go home

GO HOME? that was a real good input lmao.

Nolrog
12-29-2010, 09:12 AM
Half of the refs actually appear to be senile.

And the other half appear to be blind. This has to be one of theo worts officiated years I've seen in a long time.

The worst possible outcome for the NFL is that they blow a call in the post-season that costs a team a victory (well, I guess a bad call in the SB that costs a team the championship would be worse) but unfortunatley, that seems quite possible this year.