PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for future opponents

bigplaysteel
12-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Every game dozens of players stand out. Key players do what was expected and the contribution is obvious. There is no need to mention them.

Last week vs the Jets I thought BR was as sharp in every phase of the game and moving as well as ever. Reminding me of 2005. This I thought was "Bad news for future opponents."

Against Carolina I couldn't believe how sharp Heath Miller was. He looked quicker, more agile and more intense than ever. "More bad news for future opponents".

For the 1st time this season I looked at ProFootballWeekly and this little article kind of summed up just one phase of the numerous areas the Steelers seem to be getting together. All amounting to "Bad news for future Steeler opponents." What do you see as bad news for future opponents?

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/12/24/miller-sanders-key-targets-for-roethlisberger

DanRooney
12-25-2010, 04:32 PM
The good news for future opponents is good coaches like Rex Ryan call time outs when Ben is marching down the field in no huddle, enabling Bruce Arians to get a playcall in to lose the game.

Steel Trap86
12-25-2010, 05:13 PM
The good news for future opponents is good coaches like Rex Ryan call time outs when Ben is marching down the field in no huddle, enabling Bruce Arians to get a playcall in to lose the game.

haha oh man....brutal isn't it

bigplaysteel
12-25-2010, 07:27 PM

Yeah, but not always though. Sometimes BA might just say "Go gettem Ben" or something like that.

steelersbabex25
12-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Yeah, but not always though. Sometimes BA might just say "Go gettem Ben" or something like that.

:rofl: not a chance.

coldrolled
12-26-2010, 12:07 PM

so if other coaches no this, why is he still on our team?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2010, 03:37 PM
The Steelers are a hard team to figure out. When they play against most teams they can potentially beat any given one of them at any time. However the handful of teams that really have wide open offenses with multiple targets, a good QB, and a coach that can gameplan well tend to give them fits.

Depending on the opponent it can be good or bad news if you play the Steelers quite honestly.

coach
12-26-2010, 06:21 PM
When healthy, we can beat any team, even when BA sticks to his same plan.

When your O and D lines are depleted it really shows up, especially later rounds of playoffs.

I am impressed with how hard the Steelers consistently play and how much success they have year after year, but you don't win multiple games in the playoffs with luck. Your weaknesses will be targeted.

Let's see who is healty for each game.

LatrobePA
12-26-2010, 09:53 PM
so if other coaches no this, why is he still on our team?

He was a 5 year gift from the Browns and their fans!!

steelchamp204
12-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Im not worried about any other team except for the pats, thats all

Moondog
12-27-2010, 12:52 AM
There offensive line has played better the past two games, A.Smith and Troy P. should be back for the playoffs and this is bad news for future opponents.

Goodfrom55
12-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Im not worried about any other team except for the pats, thats all

As it should be. The more I see Brady and company, I think if the Steelers run their offense with an emphasis on passing (really) with some timely running, and on defense, take away the Rookie TE's, I think the Steelers have a shot to beat NE.

Nolrog
12-29-2010, 09:25 AM
When your O and D lines are depleted it really shows up, especially later rounds of playoffs.

I'm not sure this OL can protect well enough even when fully healthy. This has been a weakness for years. I'm truely amazed that they didn't address it long before now and we're still lamenting how bad the OL is for the 4th or 5th straight year.

TampaSteelGirl
12-29-2010, 11:37 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I burst out laughing out loud reading this complete TRUTH!!!! :clap: