PDA

View Full Version : Gameplan Vs. Patriots

Infern0
12-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Being realistic, unless something catastrophic happens on our end or something magnificent happens to them, we will be facing the Patriots in the playoffs. Are we ready to take this team on again? How do you guys think we will do it? Troy and Smith should be back in action at that time and our WR crew is shaping up, but I am worried about the secondary and the mismatches that come along with it. Any ideas?

LatrobePA
12-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Easy bud!! One step at a time!!

Infern0
12-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Haha I don't think it's too early to be optimistic :) and realistic for that matter. It's our biggest competition, a more difficult game than the SB itself will be.

Real Deal Steel
12-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Easy bud!! One step at a time!!

Sorry but their is no guarantee we will see them. There is no guarantee we'll even win the first playoff game because we don't score TD's enough.

steelchamp204
12-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Dude, lets wait till we get there if we get there, we could be knocked out of the playoffs like a few years back when the jags beat us in pitt, Im not looking to far ahead, One game at a time.

Re-sign Jeff Reed
12-24-2010, 04:05 PM
They'll probably Chet or something knowing them....

LarryNJ
12-24-2010, 04:28 PM
How often do the #1 & #2 seeds actually face each other in the championship game?

JensK
12-24-2010, 05:38 PM
How often do the #1 & #2 seeds actually face each other in the championship game?

Very very rarely. I don't recall the exact number, but it does not happen a lot.

Steelers_All_Day_43
12-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Dude, lets wait till we get there if we get there, we could be knocked out of the playoffs like a few years back when the jags beat us in pitt, Im not looking to far ahead, One game at a time.

This...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Nothing wrong with looking ahead we're just fans and not playing the games......

Keys to beating the Pats..............

1. Pressure Brady especially up the middle in his face...........So he can't step up in the pocket....

2. The Steelers execution must be flawless on offense and defense to keep mistake limited......Since the Pats usually are flawless in terms of execution.....The best prepared team in the league week in and week out consisently.........

3. Red zone offense must score TD's instead of field goals.......

4. Special teams must do their job.......Pats special teams are notorious for making plays for them especially against the Steelers (2001 AFC title game)......The Pats/Dolphins the Pats special teams basically won that game......

5. Protect Ben and Ben must get rid of the ball better........Take the dump offs at times Ben......

Zachintosh66
12-24-2010, 06:23 PM
easy killer, a lot of football left...

North Steel
12-24-2010, 06:23 PM
If the game happens,while playing the game tell him his wife is blowing me as we speak

SteelerSteve
12-25-2010, 05:06 AM
A good defensive gameplan and a healthy aaron smith is our only chance...can't let the pats get into a rythm with their quick passing game.