PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace is really really fast.

steelersbabex25
12-24-2010, 12:44 AM
My question is, WHY are we only using that speed by having him go deep? I know Bruce Arians is really dumb, but come on. Every time Ben throws a quick slant to Wallace, which isn't a lot (which is the problem), good things happen. This game, threw a quick slant to Wallace, Wallace beat everyone down the field and scored a touchdown. HELLO BRUCE ARIANS. If it worked once, why did you not use that ever again in the game? I just don't understand it.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2010, 12:47 AM
Wallace is beyond fast! Sanders is "holy hell he's" fast! Brown is "get the hell outta here" fast. Wallace is just " are you ****in kidding me" fast! :D

Wallace is used in some screens and slants but I agree it's not enough. Satonio used to catch that slant atleast 3 times a game and it's money every time. I guess we can be happy he's atleast being used as much as he is.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-24-2010, 01:06 AM
The last few weeks Ben hasn't been going deep to Wallace really........But I agree Wallace should run more slants especially within the slot at times.....

Big T
12-24-2010, 03:18 AM
Mike Wallace was on the NFL Network Postgame show and as they were finishing up, Rich Eisen pointed out a stat that really makes you realize how good of a deep threat Mike Wallace is. He said that only Randy Moss in the first 2 seasons of a career in the last 20 years has more 40+ yard receptions than Mike Wallace. That's disgusting lol.

igor0190
12-24-2010, 03:20 AM
Wallace is amazing at adjusting to the ball too

BLACKnGOLD58
12-24-2010, 03:27 AM
I guarantee that until Bruce Arians is gone, we will never see Mike's full potential.....I wouldn't be surprised if we don't throw to Wallace deep enough times during the post-season......**cking Arians........worthless pile of s*it....notice how when Ben runs the offense, he's firing left and right.....but old Brucy limits our offense........I HATE WHEN THERE IS A TIMEOUT BECAUSE i KNOW ARAINS IS GOING TO DRAW UP SOME DUMBASS PLAY DRUING THE TIMEOUT THAT WON'T DO SH**

SteelCityKid5
12-24-2010, 01:20 PM
My question is, WHY are we only using that speed by having him go deep? I know Bruce Arians is really dumb, but come on. Every time Ben throws a quick slant to Wallace, which isn't a lot (which is the problem), good things happen. This game, threw a quick slant to Wallace, Wallace beat everyone down the field and scored a touchdown. HELLO BRUCE ARIANS. If it worked once, why did you not use that ever again in the game? I just don't understand it.

Haha, theres your answer. I love your idea though and have felt that way for quite some time. I'd like our offense to dink and dunk ala NE Pats. I think we have the skill set to do that. We have speedy receivers. But no, lets just run deep patterns and have Ben hang on to the ball more. He usually holds on to the ball because the deep patterns arent open so he has to wait for the WR to an adjust and make a play. We should and hopefully will in the future run the West Coast with a bit of running mixed in.

Real Deal Steel
12-24-2010, 03:46 PM
I think this is Ward's last year. With that said, having Wallace, Sanders and Brown in the slot will be lethal to defense around the league.