PDA

View Full Version : Redzone problems still evident but getting better?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2010, 11:34 PM
They are getting better so give them some credit but multiple times tonight you had to scratch your head. Ben had Heath wide open in the endzone and I believe it was Ward too. Ben was way too hot on those throws and late as well. The line got bogged down with letting pressure through stuffing the run on multiple occasions. They need to fix this, it's been a problem all year long. You get into the playoffs and keep settling for FG's it's going to come back to haunt you.

Fortunately Carolina's offense is not very good and our defense is very good so the times we had to settle for FG's were not game changing situations tonight.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-23-2010, 11:35 PM
We needed this game to figure out some finer points...onto the Browns!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Poor execution yet again in the red zone at times tonight.....Plus the run blocking was spotty at the 1 yard line again on one series and Ben had to dive in with a broken nose to score the TD.....Don't know if I want doing that much with an injured nose again.......BA is dolt but you can't deny the execution is poor yet again......

steelersbabex25
12-23-2010, 11:38 PM
I don't think you can really say anything got better after this game. The Panthers are worse than...well, they're just really bad.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-23-2010, 11:40 PM
I will take a win any way we can get one!!! Look out Browns!

HUNT4SEVEN
12-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Untill we get rid of BA were gonna have redzone problems:yesnod::banging:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2010, 12:02 AM
That talk that BA and Ben had about being more patient in the endzone wasn't so evident tonight. They seemed to go back to their old ways of firing it in from the 20 on several occasions.

DIESELMAN
12-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Two TD's out of 6 trips in the red zone is not what I would call working itself out BA!!! You dumb ****!!! When is BA going to wake the **** up?!?! Doesn't he have a wife? Shouldn't she be a Steelers fan? When is she going to wake him up in the middle of the night with a .45 in his mouth and tell him to "Wake the **** up and fix the red zone problems!!!" :greengrin:

steelchamp204
12-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Hey atleast were scoring tds, thats all that matters to me. The simple answer is more redman.

jpele
12-24-2010, 09:18 AM
I know it's beating a dead horse , but as long as we have BA leading our offense things will remain the same.

The man has been a loser everywhere he has coached. There was a time when I actually liked the guy , the year was 2002 let me explain.

It was the playoffs, BA was OC for the Browns they were leading 24-7 in the third quarter and we had no answer for their passing game. BA came to the conclusion that if they can't stop the pass I will run on them, the rest is history Steelers win the game 36-33

Speeed
12-24-2010, 10:23 AM
I made the comment during the game are in trouble if we kick field goals inside the 30 all day and rely on a quarterback sneak to get into the end zone for an actual touchdown. I don't get it.

DIESELMAN
12-24-2010, 10:29 AM
I made the comment during the game are in trouble if we kick field goals inside the 30 all day and rely on a quarterback sneak to get into the end zone for an actual touchdown. I don't get it.
Your right, we haven't fixed our redzone efficiency by now, it won't get fixed. If we can't punch it in from the 1 yard line and have to resort to Ben running a QB sneak, come playoffs, we are in a world of hurt. We can get away with it against teams like the Panthers, but not against the Patsies.

Zachintosh66
12-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Redzone problems still evident but getting better

i disagree, we were playing the Panthers, one of the worst teams this decade. One of the worst offenses ever... thanks to a PI it woulda been 20 pts at best... LAME

steelchamp204
12-24-2010, 10:38 AM
And its just not the redzone really, we are still getting in 3rd and 10's, 3 and 8's. We cant survive playing 3rd and longs all the time in the playoffs.

Speeed
12-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Your right, we haven't fixed our redzone efficiency by now, it won't get fixed. If we can't punch it in from the 1 yard line and have to resort to Ben running a QB sneak, come playoffs, we are in a world of hurt. We can get away with it against teams like the Panthers, but not against the Patsies.

And on top of that, without #7 I don't think we have a chance on the QB sneak. The offense totally relies on him when it is obvious no one else can step up. It seems the offense as a whole gives it a few tires and when it is obvious they can't punch it in the default to Ben. And the more I think about, the more I realize we are living on borrowed time - in that our O line is pretty tenuous, and if Ben gets nailed good, even to the point where he cannot continue, then we will never score inside the red zone. And I am convinced, as we play better teams in the playoffs, that will happen.

Real Deal Steel
12-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Why in the hell don't they use Miller in the red zone the way the other top notch offenses are using their TE's???? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that they are not utilizing all their weapons. TE's and slot reciever.

--- Added 12/24/2010 at 01:45 PM ---

Funny...when we use Miller in the game, we get 27 points. He really moved the chains for us and kept use fluid on offense.

UKSTEELER
12-24-2010, 02:59 PM
I think our last two td passes have been short, quick hot routes, but still the penny doesn't drop for BA!

Plus redman is so obviously our best short yardage/goaline back, yet we persist with Mendy and even Moore! Ridicluless!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Everybody blames BA and its easy to do.....But the execution has been **** poor to by the players........BA isn't the one out there blocking poorly in the running game (especially inside the 5 yard line in the red zone)......

Last time Ben missed some throws which happens.....Ben look like a kid in the candy store last night in the red zone and threw some poor balls.....Ben just needs to relax and make better throws at times.......

SChip
12-25-2010, 02:33 PM
That talk that BA and Ben had about being more patient in the endzone wasn't so evident tonight. They seemed to go back to their old ways of firing it in from the 20 on several occasions.

First & 10 from the 19 ( I think )...three passes, guess where, yep you're right..end-zone. It's like actually massaging your game plan to react to what the defense does during the game, it's a lot easier to talk about it afterward than it is to actually do it during the game.

Old dogs-new tricks, BA-smart play calling...same same !

SteelDad
12-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Some of the more recent replies are dead-on. First, the execution inside the 20 has been for the most part, **** poor all season. Secondly, while the use of Miller is a great point, I'd also add that the personnel packages BA has used in the red zone have been extremely questionable. Why go to MM in the RZ if it isn't 3rd and 12 or something like that? Why NOT use Redman more often? Where is the play-action on 1st and 2nd down? I gotta stop because I'm getting pissed off just thinking about this.

steelersbabex25
12-25-2010, 10:12 PM
First & 10 from the 19 ( I think )...three passes, guess where, yep you're right..end-zone.

That's their problem. They're over anxious. Once they get within the 20, they stop the methodical short passes and 5 yard runs that they used to get into the redzone and start throwing it deep into the endzone on every down. It works once and a while, but you can't do that on every drive. Defenses in the NFL are too smart now to allow that.