PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu out vs. Panthers

Steel Trap86
12-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu, who is battling an Achilles tendon strain and an ankle injury, has been declared out for Thursday night's game against the Carolina Panthers.

Polamalu hasn't practiced all week after missing Sunday's game against the New York Jets.

Polamalu leads the Steelers with six interceptions, one of which he has returned for a touchdown. He also has a sack and a fumble recovery to go with 62 tackles.

A source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora last week that the team isn't considering putting the five-time Pro Bowl selection on season-ending injured reserve and expects to have him back for the playoffs.

www.nfl.com

Troy and Smith are both set to return for the playoffs, but we need to get the bye week locked up by winning these next 2 games without Polamolu

Goodfrom55
12-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Honestly, if the Steelers can't beat the Panthers and Browns without Troy, then they don't deserve to go anywhere.

never thought I'd say this, but I'm a huge Browns fan this week. . .If they knock off the Ravens somehow and the Steelers beat Carolins, Steelers lock up the division and the #2 seed - and the 1st round bye.

Steel Trap86
12-22-2010, 06:31 PM
A lot of teams think this is just an average team without Troy, and so far they are right until proven otherwise. Remember last season we didn't even make the playoffs or beat the Browns in a must win game without him.

Troyisabeast_43
12-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Honestly, if the Steelers can't beat the Panthers and Browns without Troy, then they don't deserve to go anywhere.

never thought I'd say this, but I'm a huge Browns fan this week. . .If they knock off the Ravens somehow and the Steelers beat Carolins, Steelers lock up the division and the #2 seed - and the 1st round bye.

I agree with you that if they cant take care of business against those 2 teams who let's face it are not very good they get what they deserve and it will most likely be a short playoff year. Im with you too in saying I am a huge Browns fans this week hoping that they beat the Ravens so the Steelers can lock up the division and the 2 seed one week ahead of time and start resting some key guys the following week against the Browns. I expect the Ravens however to beat the Browns and keep pace with the Steelers and force them to win that last game in Cleveland the day after New Years. As much as people on here hate the Ratbirds you gotta give them credit for winning these last 2 games against Houston on the road, and then coming back on a short week and beating a pretty good Saints team who had a lot to play for as well still trying to catch the Falcons in the NFC South Division. The Ravens certainly are not going to make this as easy as we had all hoped for the Steelers to clinch this division...

Scorp
12-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Makes me wonder if what the Steelers are doing is going to backfire on them in the playoffs. You never know. Resting Troy needs to be something that needs some serious consideration. I think they need to play him off and on throughout the game. I wonder if Troy has any say so if he wants, can, or wanted to play tomorrow. Getting the bye is very important. I just wish i felt better about everything. Ben should be super Ben and Steelers, Super Steelers. Can't wait for tomorrow.

steelersbabex25
12-22-2010, 08:03 PM
No surprise there. Rest him for the playoffs.

LatrobePA
12-22-2010, 08:18 PM

What Al said!

mcfly06
12-22-2010, 08:44 PM
We should be fine,we should beat the panthers and browns without troy.just cuz our offence should be able to score enough pts to win.Whoever plays safety Mundy or Allen needs to step up..

SnakeEyes43
12-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Mundy filled in good enough against the Jets, he should do fine against the Stains and Panthers.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-22-2010, 09:21 PM

could not agree more, I wanted Troy back this week too but if they can't beat a team like the Panthers without Troy then we are in serious trouble. Atleast we get Heath back tomorrow night, and with Troy back for maybe the Browns game and Aaron Smith on the mend thing are looking up.

LatrobePA
12-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Browns just put two on IR, that should be a win, this game tomorrow shouldn't be an issue, but you never know....

Clevelandsux
12-22-2010, 10:51 PM
First of all I want the Steelers to win out. I'm going to the game in Cleveland. I never ever fathom losing to the Browns, under any circumstances. Preseason, scrimmage anything.

As for Troy P, this guy is the most important player on our team. Never thought I'd say that. But just look at our record without him. He's more important than bigben, hines anyone.

I just wish he could stay healthy. Wish he would lift weights, condition himself, do something. The last few weeks made me realize how important he is.