PDA

View Full Version : Tough to swallow

Scorp
12-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Steelers have suffered many losses in their great and storied franchise history. Some or many they should have never loss.

What Steeler defeat is still hard for you to swollow today?

stratocaster68
12-22-2010, 11:56 AM
AFC Championship agains the Chargers. Also, the loss agains the Broncos a few years later. The Pats losses they just got flat-out beat. Those others are tough. Also, Superbowl XXX

steelchamp204
12-22-2010, 12:07 PM
2004 afc championship game against the patriots, and any other loss to the pats hurts.

LarryNJ
12-22-2010, 12:11 PM
AFC Championship agains the Chargers. Also, the loss agains the Broncos a few years later.

:plus1: We were favored and simple should have won. They were totally unexceptable losses.

Clevelandsux
12-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Losing to the expansion Browns in 1999. I live in ohio. The 99 Browns were awful, probably the worst expansion team since the '76 bucs. We beat them 43-0 there innaugaral game. They beat us at 3 rivers stadium with a rookie qb. Idiot Mike Vrabal cheapshot Tim Couch, put them in fg range to win it. I literally wanted to flee the country.

ejsteeler
12-22-2010, 12:15 PM
SB XXX with all my Dallas fan friends....the smack talk was legendary......as was the smack down.....

Scorp
12-22-2010, 12:22 PM
I would say the loss to the chargers in the championship game and super bowl XXX.

mwittman5
12-22-2010, 12:38 PM
That playoff loss to the jags

Black@Gold Forever32
12-22-2010, 12:53 PM
1994 AFC title game vs the Chargers and its not even close.........I can still see Alfred Pupunu wide open......lol The Steelers were big time favorites against the Chargers and really had no business losing that game in Pittsburgh.......That 1994 Steelers team didn't win a Super Bowl or even reach the Super Bowl but that 94 defense was one of the best defenses I have ever seen.........The LB's and secondary were stacked on that team........Lloyd, Greene, Kirkland, Brown, Woodson, Lake, Perry, Figures......The DL was also damn good on that team with Seals, Steed, Williams and Buckner.......

The Super Bowl XXX team was a tough loss but at least the Cowboys were a much better team then that Charger team the Steelers lost to in the AFC title game.....

coldrolled
12-22-2010, 01:05 PM
SB XXX... i still have visions of that INT when we play now and pass to the right side of the field.

AFCC in 1976 is second worst.. losing to Oakland.. Losing bad too...

Clevelandsux
12-22-2010, 02:48 PM
94 afc c we lost to what i thought was an inferior Chargers team. But I didn't feel that badly because I don't think we matched up well with the 49ers. We didn't have an explosive enough offense, I think they would have killed us. I think the Steelers knew it to. Maybe why they didn't beat the Chargers.

Super Bowl xxx-Agreed. Cowboys were a much better team, but we were a qb short of beating the mighty cowboys. Played much better than I ever anticipated. Had we not comeout so shakey early in the game, who knows.

1976 Afc Championship- We were pretty beat up for that game. No franco and no Rocky. Had they played, we might be talking about 7 lombardies now.

And for me, losing the 2004 Afc championship was heartbreaking. We finished 15-1 that year. Our best regular season ever. We had an awesome team that year, but I think we hit our peak too early, and Roethlisberger played like a rookie in the playoffs. Plus, we had lost so many AFC C games under Cowher that I felt like time was running out. Plus we wanted to win one for the bus.It was a tough year for me personally, lost my dad that september. Almost felt the season was being played in dedication to him. Watching the Steelers that year is what got me through everything.

SteelCityKid5
12-22-2010, 04:37 PM
2001 and 2004 AFC championships. 1998 was bad but I wasnt into football back then as I am now. I was 8 so I didnt really have a grasp of the Steelers quite yet.

Scorp
12-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Of course losing to the Pats, but then again Ben was just a great rookie beaten by a better qb. I really didn't want to say that.

airbrake 1
12-22-2010, 08:01 PM
the loss to the chargers in the 94 AFC CG had to be the worst loss for me ...i was physically ill leaving Three rivers that day...i had plans on attending that super bowl and my plans were dashed along with the other people in our group who were on their phones canceling their travel plans...i think we could have fared better than some think against the 49ers

the loss to Tennesee in the 2002-2003 playoffs the infamous running into the kicker penalty on dwayne washington

and the losses to the cheatriots...man would i love to give them some payback this year on their home field especially now that we know there was some skullduggery in the first two encounters

MattyVfromCT
12-23-2010, 06:23 PM
94, 97, 01 and 04 afc championship games, super bowl xxx (the worst for me), 96, 02, and 07 divisional playoffs, every loss of 09, i could go on and on