PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think Tomlin sounds like a robot?

Clevelandsux
12-22-2010, 10:04 AM
I swear when I hear him, he sounds like the manchurian candidate. Its the same cliches and he offers nothing.

LatrobePA
12-22-2010, 10:30 AM
It's annoying the same answer all the time...

steelchamp204
12-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Yea I heard is post game presser after the jets and it sounds like it does after every other loss.

"hats off to the other team, they played there butts off today"
"We will move forward from this and make the corrections"
"They were the better football team today"
" we hav some work to do"

UKSTEELER
12-22-2010, 10:49 AM

Have we/do we?

The biggest correction that needs making, . . is for this offense to start performing!

I don't see it happening!:thinking:

LarryNJ
12-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Yes he does for sure...but that's pretty standard from most coaches. Andy Reid is much worse but he's had more experience. As much as we the fans and the media would like more straight forward answers it's simply not going to happen.

jackhammer1
12-22-2010, 11:38 AM
"It is what it is"

steelchamp204
12-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Have we/do we?

The biggest correction that needs making, . . is for this offense to start performing!

I don't see it happening!:thinking:

The offense will never get into rythm until Bruce is out or they let Ben do all the playcalling on the field.

SteelDad
12-22-2010, 12:42 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Signed,

R2-D2

Clevelandsux
12-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Not all coaches. Rex ryan will give you an honest assessment.

coldrolled
12-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Yea I heard is post game presser after the jets and it sounds like it does after every other loss.

"hats off to the other team, they played there butts off today"
"They were the better football team today"
" we hav some work to do"

Its the nature of this business...

or

the maturation of the player....

i want to hear.

its the nature of the business to fire your OC for not letting the maturation process occur with the offense. with the new oc we will have some work to do so we can be a better football team...

bigplaysteel
12-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Since I have never listened to any coach's press conferences unless by accident. You know, can't get to the TV quick enough or it pops out of the radio type thing I am probably not qualified to comment but I will anyway.

What coach ever did say anything. Or better yet, what could he say.

Out of curiousity recently, I googled Bill Cowher press conferences. Just to see what type of things he might have said. That lasted maybe 10 minutes. A record for me.

A few years ago I made this comment. If you had a prisoner who would not talk and was deemed an impossible case. Just lock him in a room and play over and over any coach's PC. [Actually I did have a few select ones in mind]. Anyway, guaranteed after a short time subject will start talking plenty.

My conclusion is that maybe some are better at saying nothing than others and Tomlin is probably as good as any.

BTW: Aren't coaches supposed to do their talking on the field just like players?

steelchamp204
12-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Since I have never listened to any coach's press conferences unless by accident. You know, can't get to the TV quick enough or it pops out of the radio type thing I am probably not qualified to comment but I will anyway.

What coach ever did say anything. Or better yet, what could he say.

Out of curiousity recently, I googled Bill Cowher press conferences. Just to see what type of things he might have said. That lasted maybe 10 minutes. A record for me.

A few years ago I made this comment. If you had a prisoner who would not talk and was deemed an impossible case. Just lock him in a room and play over and over any coach's PC. [Actually I did have a few select ones in mind]. Anyway, guaranteed after a short time subject will start talking plenty.

My conclusion is that maybe some are better at saying nothing than others and Tomlin is probably as good as any.

BTW: Aren't coaches supposed to do their talking on the field just like players?

Tomlin doesnt talk on the field, he just stares into the future and then its time to unleash hell.

LatrobePA
12-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Tomlin doesnt talk on the field, he just stares into the future and then its time to unleash hell.

Dork! lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Tomlin is never going to give the media anything to talk about. It's his job to be politically correct and keep whatever issues are on his mind, in house. It does get somewhat boring at times I'll give you that, but Cowher did a lot of the same things so we should be used to it by now. He never gave the media much to go on and pretty much stuck to the script when asked about the upcoming game or the game they just played. He would occasionally flip out after a game where they didn't play well, and you could hear the tone of his voice when he got irritated.

Tomlin is pretty much the same week with the media, but the players though love his motivational style. I'd love to be able to be in the locker room for a week and listen to how he talks with the players.

Goodfrom55
12-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Good coaches won't say much to the media; they'll keep everything close to the vest. Other coaches like Rex Ryan, look at the these press conferences as a circus and try to be funny.

As much as I hate Belechick( only because Steelers have no success vs him as pats coach), he said it best regarding the media: When you win, say little - when you lose, say less.

steelersbabex25
12-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Tomlin is never going to give the media anything to talk about. It's his job to be politically correct and keep whatever issues are on his mind, in house. It does get somewhat boring at times I'll give you that, but Cowher did a lot of the same things so we should be used to it by now. He never gave the media much to go on and pretty much stuck to the script when asked about the upcoming game or the game they just played. He would occasionally flip out after a game where they didn't play well, and you could hear the tone of his voice when he got irritated.

Tomlin is pretty much the same week with the media, but the players though love his motivational style. I'd love to be able to be in the locker room for a week and listen to how he talks with the players.

:plus1: I like that he's never annoying when giving press conferences. He hasn't made an idiot out of himself so far..besides the whole "raise hell" thing.

bigplaysteel
12-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Good coaches won't say much to the media; they'll keep everything close to the vest. Other coaches like Rex Ryan, look at the these press conferences as a circus and try to be funny.

As much as I hate Belechick( only because Steelers have no success vs him as pats coach), he said it best regarding the media: When you win, say little - when you lose, say less.

So that's what he said?

I saw this on another site and LMAO. Belichick said "uhmm%@^&@@F%32cx!! then he replied uhmm#!^#mummmble#@!

Nice to know we have an interpreter.:yellowthumb::lol:

steeldoc
12-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Leave the guy alone. he's just trying to give out as little information in a sports media starved world. It's just the safest way to be. I admire his style, few interviews during the season, never about himself, stays out of the media spotlight except for the league requirements. What's wrong with this? If he wins who cares. You want gossip watch Oprah, or anything that comes out of the Dallas Cowboys media market. That moron Jones can't get enough face time.

Goodfrom55
12-22-2010, 06:14 PM
So that's what he said?

I saw this on another site and LMAO. Belichick said "uhmm%@^&@@F%32cx!! then he replied uhmm#!^#mummmble#@!

Nice to know we have an interpreter.:yellowthumb::lol:

It's a gift - like Luke Skywalker can understand R2D2. . .

igor0190
12-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Tomlin does exactly what he's supposed to do in the press conferences and he's great at it. Would you rather have Rex Ryan running his big *** mouth, or John Harbaugh being a smug little bastard?

I wouldn't

SteelersWoman
12-22-2010, 09:00 PM
I agree with whoever said "what do you expect him to say?". And Mike doesn't have as much experience with loss speeches as he does win speeches :D

But win or lose, it's almost gonna be the same speech week in, week out. If you're expecting something else, maybe you shouldn't watch--because you're always gonna get what you always get.