PDA

View Full Version : Is the Steelers losing 3 home games...

Troyisabeast_43
12-20-2010, 08:41 PM
This season to potentially the 3 best teams in the AFC in the Patriots,Ravens,and Jets a concern for anybody moving forward going into the playoffs?? Considering this team is 6-1 on the road this season would anybody actually prefer to see them playing on the road in the playoffs as opposed to getting the week off and being the 2 seed and potentially playing not just 1 but 2 playoff games at home?? Personally, despite the 3 losses I think getting the week off and homefield is huge and a neccessity especially for this team this season if they are going to make it to the Super Bowl. I love their chances of beating the Jets and Ravens here if there happens to be a rematch with either team come playoff time. The Steelers come playoff time absolutely have to start these games out faster and better then they have been the last few weeks. They have to be able to take advantage of good field position early on in the game which they didnt do yesterday against the Jets. And they have to be able to finish drives with TD's instead of settling for 3 points. And most importantly, they have got to knock off these stupid holding penalties and personal fouls at key points in the game. If they can improve in all of these areas come playoff time I love their chances of beating everybody and anybody they match up against...

LarryNJ
12-20-2010, 08:54 PM
The week off is huge. Bigger than homefield but with it come a home game and that's great for the city and the fans. All records go out the window when the playoffs start. We know that as well as any team. Winning when we didn't expect it and lossing when you thought for sure they would win.

steelerschick1220
12-20-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm not real worried. If we have Ben in the first Ravens game, imo, we beat them. We should have beat the Jets, and the Pats, well you are gonna have one of them games every couple years. Odds are we are gonna get the Ratbirds or Jets again and I think this team will be more then ready to go blow to blow with those two teams.

chisteeler
12-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Just thought this was a weird coincidence that our losses came to the "New" teams
1. New Orleans
2. New England
3. New York
4. Baltimore...of which Lord Baltimore built his mansion in Newfoundland.

Well, I just hope that the boys in Black and Gold can tear it in the playoffs. I truly would like to see a rematch with the Pats...in order to be the best, you've got to beat the best.
Go Steelers...

Clevelandsux
12-20-2010, 11:09 PM
We are so banged up. We need that 1st round bye.

Raleigh Steel
12-21-2010, 04:56 AM
in '08 we lost to 4 playoff teams, and 2 of them at home (colts, giants)...

the playoffs are a different beast! the regular season means nothing at that point. did anyone expect a 9-7 cardinals team to make the super bowl and almost win it?

did anyone expect a 7-5 steelers team who needed to win out go on the road 3 straight weeks, knocking off one of the best teams who destroyed them earlier in the year, and win the super bowl?

did anyone expect in '95 that a 9-7 team come one play away from going to the super bowl, knocking off the best team in the AFC in their own building?

Larry said it best: all the records go out the window!

the steelers have some flaws, but everybody does. all that matters is that you make the plays that day against your opponent. BRING 'EM ALL ON!

LatrobePA
12-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Steelers only beat 2 really good teams this year, Falcons, Ravens...

This team is overrated as hell by us the fans...It's a shame too, because with the right play calling this team could be elite!

Ben throwing 44 times while we had a RB rushing for over 100 yards is a problem.

Raleigh Steel
12-21-2010, 08:57 AM

This team is overrated as hell by us the fans...It's a shame too, because with the right play calling this team could be elite!

Ben throwing 44 times while we had a RB rushing for over 100 yards is a problem.

not trying to start anything here, but in '08 we beat 2 playoff teams in the regular season (ravens twice, and chargers) and lost to 4 playoff teams. still turned out well.

i don't think we are overrating our team or our chances...but to say we don't have a chance, or a really good chance is underrating our team a bit. every team has some weaknesses, and on any given day they can be beaten.

it's not always about the best regular season team...it's the best post season team...they are vastly different!

coldrolled
12-21-2010, 09:08 AM
i don't think we are overrating our team or our chances...but to say we don't have a chance, or a really good chance is underrating our team a bit. every team has some weaknesses

true, we have the same chance as each playoff team. we can win big. we need the bye week for sure and the offense has to turn on at some point.

When we made our playoff run into SB 40 we had Bettis, FWP and the gang tearing up the other teams and we were controlling the ball. if BA would have been OC would Bettis have played back then?

We have this awesome team now and i just cant shake the feeling that we are dragging a huge BoatAnchor with us this year... Go Steelers :cope:

LatrobePA
12-21-2010, 09:19 AM
true, we have the same chance as each playoff team. we can win big. we need the bye week for sure and the offense has to turn on at some point.

When we made our playoff run into SB 40 we had Bettis, FWP and the gang tearing up the other teams and we were controlling the ball. if BA would have been OC would Bettis have played back then?

We have this awesome team now and i just cant shake the feeling that we are dragging a huge BoatAnchor with us this year... Go Steelers :cope:

Thanks, that's what I'm saying...Every team in the NFL is overrated by their fans, that's OK. But I'm trying to come to terms with our struggles. Our offense is flat out lousy and no where near good enough right this second to make a deep run.

When you have something that is working, i.e our running game last week you stick with it. Grind it out, our problem is we can't do that with the lousy play calling.

Mendy should of had a buck fifty....They couldn't stop him!!

Farrior Fan
12-21-2010, 09:31 AM

I think the last line is the key. Mendy not only ran for 100 yards but he had a 5.9 yd avg!!!! and then who do we run out of the endzone? not the guy who is averaging 5.9???? I think I found the problem!

LatrobePA
12-21-2010, 09:44 AM
I think the last line is the key. Mendy not only ran for 100 yards but he had a 5.9 yd avg!!!! and then who do we run out of the endzone? not the guy who is averaging 5.9???? I think I found the problem!

Right, and we'll never be elite until this is fixed!! My son is 12, he watched the game with us, right away was confused w/ that play.

Is our OC smarter than a 6th grader??? NOPE!

nuclearchihuahuas
12-21-2010, 12:26 PM

yep! why send the little guy to do the big man's job? I still say line up Kemo as a full back and hand him the ball when we need space to negotiate.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2010, 12:57 PM

But in only one of those losses the game was a blow out and the Steelers really had no chance and that was the Pats game......

Bal at Pitt.......Steelers had the lead and blew it....Flacco drives 40 yards on the final drive and throws a TD to the shoe bomber to win the game.....

Pitt at NO........Trailing only 13-10 and moving the ball.....Heath Miller with a costly fumble to nail the Steelers coffin.....

NYJ at Pitt..........Steelers really controlled this game but blew it.......I feel the Steelers beat themselves and this loss is the most frustrating of these three.....

Plus the reason there was such a big difference in passing/running plays in the Jets game is the Steelers went pass happy at the end of each half.....Especially the final drive......

I really don't think this team is over-rated........They're a few plays from being 13-1.......With Ben's suspension and some of the injuries that have happened I will take 10-3......

Colts have a ton of injuries and are 8-6 and fighting for their play-off lives still......

Steelers have at least have a ticket to the dance secured.....Steelers just need to take care of business these final two games and win the AFC North/first round bye.......Get a bye and let some of these injured heal up.........The Steelers can beat any team they play in their first play-off game in Pittsburgh if they get the bye......Winning in New England will be the tough task and the Pats are the only team I would question the Steelers can beat at this point......

coldrolled
12-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Plus the reason there was such a big difference in passing/running plays in the Jets game is the Steelers went pass happy at the end of each half.....Especially the final drive......

......Winning in New England will be the tough task and the Pats are the only team I would question the Steelers can beat at this point......

The fouth qtr had mendy with under 20 yards on 3-4 atts.. i think he had a 12 yarder in the fourth also.. we quit playing mendy in the 4th basically. Why no Mendy?

The Pats game will be the Bash of the Decade...

Ben can go for the third SB to tie Brady's 3... We would stop the Pats and Brady from winning four and tying Bradshaw's record of 4.. we need to protect history on this one also, almost more important then winning number 7....

This is a battle royale... We need to go no huddle the entire game.. :yellowthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2010, 01:43 PM
The fouth qtr had mendy with under 20 yards on 3-4 atts.. i think he had a 12 yarder in the fourth also.. we quit playing mendy in the 4th basically. Why no Mendy?

The Pats game will be the Bash of the Decade...

Ben can go for the third SB to tie Brady's 3... We would stop the Pats and Brady from winning four and tying Bradshaw's record of 4.. we need to protect history on this one also, almost more important then winning number 7....

This is a battle royale... We need to go no huddle the entire game.. :yellowthumb:

The Steelers were trailing so when you're behind you go pass happy especially in the final drives.....I can't remember how many carries Mendenhall received in the 4th but I'll take your word of 4........I can't say your right or wrong since I can't remember....

But Mendenhall is coming up on 300 carries for the season......I really don't want to wear him out to the point his wheels fall off like Parker in 2007......:lol:

I'm not saying the Steelers can't beat the Pats since any team can beat any team on Any Given Sunday......But I do I have questions about the Steelers beating them for obvious reasons......

Belichick/Brady have historically owned the Steelers.......Sorry to say that but the proof is in the pudding......

Plus if the Steelers reach the AFC title game the game will be in New England.......The Steelers only have won once since Gillette has been open in three trips there......The only win was with Matt Cassel at QB for the Pats in 2008......

I like the Steelers chances much better against the Ravens, Jets, Chargers, Jags, Colts.........

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2010, 01:46 PM
It's a concern for me, sure but not as much though when you look at the schedule and how it played out this year. We should have beaten the Ravens earlier in the year. We had the Saints dead to rights and let them come back. The Pats just blew us out. We could have and should have beaten the Jets.

So we were in every game that we lost except for the Pats game. I wish we could have sealed the deal in those close games like 32 said and we could be 13-1 right now. I don't think we're overrated but I do think we need to be wary of teams with high powered offenses because of defense can be exposed if they are spread out.

MDSteel15
12-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Didn't read past the first quote so if I duplicate sorry BUT, come on! Lost at home to B-more without Ben and we still should have won... Lost to the Pasties, ok that's one. Looked like we were running around with our drawers around our ankles in the 1st half... Lost to the Jets because of one special teams play and without Troy, Aaron and Heath! Won't happen again!!! :banging:

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2010, 03:38 PM
But in only one of those losses the game was a blow out and the Steelers really had no chance and that was the Pats game......

Bal at Pitt.......Steelers had the lead and blew it....Flacco drives 40 yards on the final drive and throws a TD to the shoe bomber to win the game.....

Pitt at NO........Trailing only 13-10 and moving the ball.....Heath Miller with a costly fumble to nail the Steelers coffin.....

NYJ at Pitt..........Steelers really controlled this game but blew it.......I feel the Steelers beat themselves and this loss is the most frustrating of these three.....

I really don't think this team is over-rated........They're a few plays from being 13-1.......With Ben's suspension and some of the injuries that have happened I will take 10-3......

Colts have a ton of injuries and are 8-6 and fighting for their play-off lives still......

Steelers have at least have a ticket to the dance secured.....Steelers just need to take care of business these final two games and win the AFC North/first round bye.......Get a bye and let some of these injured heal up.........The Steelers can beat any team they play in their first play-off game in Pittsburgh if they get the bye......Winning in New England will be the tough task and the Pats are the only team I would question the Steelers can beat at this point......

I agree with everything you said there 32 and I am praying the Steelers get a rematch with either the Ravens or Jets here that first playoff game because I know they will beat either one of them. As for the Pats let them keep winning all the way up until the AFC Championship game where they are at home and think they are comfortable. Everybody and their mother will pick the Patriots to win this game and nobody I believe will give the Steelers any shot at all. That's where this Steelers team is most dangerous when it's on the road and it's the underdog. When the Patriots beat the Steelers in 01 and 04 they were the underdog in both, this time the roles will be reversed. While the Steelers and us fans would absolutely have to go through hell and back to do so I do believe that this Steelers team has what it takes to go up to Foxborough and beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship game and pay the Patriots and Brady and Belichick back for dancing and celebrating on their field in 01 and in 04. The Steelers are long overdue I feel against Patriots with Brady playing and I believe this year sets up perfect for the Steelers to finally get them and get payback once and for all...As Cold said they will not only be going for number 7 but also trying to protect history with Chuck Noll and Terry Bradshaw being the only two qb and coach other then Montana and Walsh I believe to win 4 Super Bowls. This would be a nice way for Ben to pay Bradshaw back as well and for both of them to maybe bury the hatchet once and for all.

ejsteeler
12-21-2010, 03:42 PM
We come into the playoffs with that bye and healthy, we have a real chance folks. :yesnod: :cope:

pimplydan
12-21-2010, 06:54 PM
It will be advantage of course to have a bye and a home game.The home crowd will certainly help.
Yes we are good on the road but the team isn't playing light out it wouldn't be easy to go on the road this year.
Lets take care of who ever comes to Pittsburgh after our bye,then lets go to New England and pay them a treat.

PIMP

SteelerSteve
12-21-2010, 08:16 PM
The pats are the only team that really worries me...I like our chances against the Ravens, Jets, Colts and whoever wins the west.

pimplydan
12-22-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm thinking the same,we have to play our A game to bet the Pats.The coachs have to come up with a good game plan on (offence and defence)to bet these guys.