PDA

View Full Version : A bright spot in the loss?

Steelers_All_Day_43
12-19-2010, 10:18 PM
This may have been overlooked but the pass protection was great for the most part. Any1 think this will continue?

LatrobePA
12-19-2010, 10:18 PM
I agree but they didn't blitz much...

steelersbabex25
12-19-2010, 10:20 PM
I agree but they didn't blitz much...

Your point is? :lol: Steelers couldn't cover a 3 man rush a few weeks ago. It was really good pass protection. Redman and Spaeth had some good pickups too.

SteelDad
12-19-2010, 10:23 PM
O-Line was better tonight both in the run and the pass. I don't recall a holding penalty either.

steelerschick1220
12-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Hopefully they keep it up. I hope Miller is back on thursday.

steelersbabex25
12-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Hopefully they keep it up. I hope Miller is back on thursday.

Doubt it. They wouldn't risk it with a game against the Panthers and a clinched playoff spot.

Steel Trap86
12-20-2010, 12:04 AM
With this ****ing clown calling our offense, the Steelers deserved to lose a 4th game. Whether he makes it out of the endzone or not, using Moore in that situation is just ****ing stupid. They are still in control of the division and have 2 winnable games against the Panthers and Browns and at the same time Arians just showed again how much of a ****ing reject he is. If we went on to win this game he looks like a winner and continues his line of **** playcalling, at least now they know they're not gonna get by in the playoffs if they keep ****ing up like that. They need to take a long look at these playcalls before the playoffs so this loss was perfect imo since they didn't take a huge impact from it.

Troyisabeast_43
12-20-2010, 12:16 AM
With this ****ing clown calling our offense, the Steelers deserved to lose a 4th game. Whether he makes it out of the endzone or not, using Moore in that situation is just ****ing stupid. They are still in control of the division and have 2 winnable games against the Panthers and Browns and at the same time Arians just showed again how much of a ****ing reject he is. If we went on to win this game he looks like a winner and continues his line of **** playcalling, at least now they know they're not gonna get by in the playoffs if they keep ****ing up like that. They need to take a long look at these playcalls before the playoffs so this loss was perfect imo since they didn't take a huge impact from it.

I agree this loss doesnt really hurt them at all in the standings in the division or the AFC for that matter. They had to win the last 2 games against the Panthers and Browns anyway I believe regardless of what happened today against the Jets. With that being said, it's good to have a loss like this before the playoffs like Keisel said today to get you more refocused so that stuff like this doesnt happen come playoff time when it really matters. Im with you though that BA is a complete idiot and if the Steelers continue down this road in the playoffs with his ridiculous play calling at times it will come back once again to bite them in the ***...

Nolrog
12-20-2010, 06:55 AM
O-Line was better tonight both in the run and the pass. I don't recall a holding penalty either.

There was that big personal foul that hurt them.

--- Added 12/20/2010 at 05:55 AM ---

I agree this loss doesnt really hurt them at all in the standings in the division or the AFC for that matter.

I don't agree with that at all. This was a very big loss, and could ultimately cost us the division (though several other things would have to happen for that.)

The lost eroded our 1 game cushion on the Ravens. Now the records are the same and we have to rely on tie breakers (though we do have the advantage in division right now.)

While it's unlikely, it's not impossible that they choke on one of the last 2 games, and open the door to Baltimore capturing the division (Cleveland would love nothing more than to rise up, beat the Steelers in game 16 and cost us the division, although, Baltimore plays them as well.)

Plus this was an AFC loss, and now puts us in a tie with the Ravens with 3 conference losses (which is the 3rd tiebreaker.)

Moondog
12-20-2010, 11:08 AM
The offensive line did play better and the Steelers did move the ball well against the #3 rated defense in the league I believe. Pittsburgh did clinch at least a wildcard and they do control their own destiny for the bye and division crown. Thanks to last year's debacle, I don't see the Steelers losing these next two games to lesser teams, I think they learned from that. Also who knows.... Pittsburgh beats Carolina and, maybe just maybe, the Ravens go up to Cleveland and choke. It's sounds unlikely but stranger things have happened, then the Steelers, having clinched the division and bye would be able to rest players that need it against the Browns.

LatrobePA
12-20-2010, 11:25 AM
I read Troy and Miller will be back for the Browns game which now means a lot!!

--- Added 12/20/2010 at 10:25 AM ---

Your point is? :lol: Steelers couldn't cover a 3 man rush a few weeks ago. It was really good pass protection. Redman and Spaeth had some good pickups too.

Sorry I'm a Debbie Downer, I'll try to cool it..

Yes, Redman was flat out smearing some dudes...I also saw Kemo pancake Jason Taylor's ***...

Essex needs to stay put on the blindside...

Sanders is turning into a pretty damn good ball player right in front of our eyes, Wallace has seemed to get s bit more crisp on his routes...

All in all we lost the game due to special teams....Anytime the Steelers have a RB hitting the 100 yard mark they normally win...

jnes1216
12-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Essex came in at the end, when we were passing for the most part. Essex is a little better at pass protection than run blocking. And penalties against the off. line were minimal if nonexistent (except Flo's head shot).

I didn't see too many bright spots though. Sure we had a 100yd rusher and some good 3rd down conversions but..

Losing to another playoff team is chopping at the teams confidence.
Another loss at home.
No momentum going into the playoffs like Ben talked about before the game. Sorry I don't buy Keisels "this will refocus us" speech. All of a sudden we're going to flip the switch in the playoffs and what, be REALLY focused?
A tied record with the ravens means we have to play starters who may not be 100% for the next two games to get a divisional win and bye. Unless Ravens lose next week of course.

I'm seeing desire from a few players but it has not spread to the whole team imo.

steelerschick1220
12-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Hopefully this loss and the 5 game losing stretch from last year will light a fire under the guys who need it. We are going to the playoffs great, but if they want the bye and the divison crown they better play lights out next two games.

Troyisabeast_43
12-20-2010, 02:08 PM
There was that big personal foul that hurt them.

--- Added 12/20/2010 at 05:55 AM ---

I don't agree with that at all. This was a very big loss, and could ultimately cost us the division (though several other things would have to happen for that.)

The lost eroded our 1 game cushion on the Ravens. Now the records are the same and we have to rely on tie breakers (though we do have the advantage in division right now.)

While it's unlikely, it's not impossible that they choke on one of the last 2 games, and open the door to Baltimore capturing the division (Cleveland would love nothing more than to rise up, beat the Steelers in game 16 and cost us the division, although, Baltimore plays them as well.)

Plus this was an AFC loss, and now puts us in a tie with the Ravens with 3 conference losses (which is the 3rd tiebreaker.)

It still doesnt hurt them dude. The bottom line is whether they won this game or not unless the Ravens drop one of these next 2 games to either the Browns or the Bengals the Steelers were still going to have to beat both the Panthers and the Browns to win the AFC North. That's the way the tiebrakers were going to unfold yesterday for the rest of the season after the Ravens beat the Saints. And that's all that really matters now with this Jets game being done. If you beat the pathetic Panthers and the Browns you clinch the North and 2 seed and the week off in the playoffs. If the Steelers cant beat the Panthers and the Browns then they dont deserve to win the AFC North and get the bye week in the playoffs, and dont deserve to go anywhere in the playoffs it's really that simple...Would it have been nice to win this game and maybe still have a chance to clinch the North next week against Carolina?? Sure but sometimes things just dont work out the way you want them too...The Steelers are still in good shape and Ill say it again since you dont agree with me the loss to the Jets yesterday is not that big of a deal...

bigplaysteel
12-20-2010, 05:07 PM
It still doesnt hurt them dude. The bottom line is whether they won this game or not unless the Ravens drop one of these next 2 games to either the Browns or the Bengals the Steelers were still going to have to beat both the Panthers and the Browns to win the AFC North. That's the way the tiebrakers were going to unfold yesterday for the rest of the season after the Ravens beat the Saints. And that's all that really matters now with this Jets game being done. If you beat the pathetic Panthers and the Browns you clinch the North and 2 seed and the week off in the playoffs. If the Steelers cant beat the Panthers and the Browns then they dont deserve to win the AFC North and get the bye week in the playoffs, and dont deserve to go anywhere in the playoffs it's really that simple...Would it have been nice to win this game and maybe still have a chance to clinch the North next week against Carolina?? Sure but sometimes things just dont work out the way you want them too...The Steelers are still in good shape and Ill say it again since you dont agree with me the loss to the Jets yesterday is not that big of a deal...

Couldn't agree more. But, the foregone conclusion that both the Steelers and Ravens would make the PO's is not exactly a given now.

Since the 10-4 Steelers have already clinched a PO spot, but neither the Jets 10-4 or Ravens 10-4 have not this loss to the Jets puts a lot of pressure on Bal to not lose their final two games. It is a remote shot but not impossible. LMAO

As far as the O_line goes. Since I thought Ben Roethlisberger was magnificent. The O-line obviously has a lot to do with the QB's performance so they mostly did their job. Yeah, I thought Ben was moving really well, looked smooth, most of the passes were sharp, everything looked like 05 Ben is back to me. This can't be good news for future opponents.

Goodfrom55
12-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Line looked good yesterday with the exception FLozell's lapse in judgement and Scott's Whiff on Taylor which led to the safety. Hate to admit it, but Trai looked pretty good at LT yesterday.

Bottom line, win the next 2 winnable games, and they secure a 1st round bye. If they don't against Cleveland and Carolina, then it's their own fault.

Troyisabeast_43
12-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Line looked good yesterday with the exception FLozell's lapse in judgement and Scott's Whiff on Taylor which led to the safety. Hate to admit it, but Trai looked pretty good at LT yesterday.

Bottom line, win the next 2 winnable games, and they secure a 1st round bye. If they don't against Cleveland and Carolina, then it's their own fault.

I agree with your assessment on Essex and how I would much rather start him at left tackle the rest of the way over Scott who sucks in my opinion and cant block to save his life. The Steelers have got to stop with these stupid personal foul penalties at key times during these games. Flozell punching a guy after the Wallace first down is just inexcusable and something that just cannot happen. And while I didnt think the Clark hit was all that bad it was close enough to where the refs are going to throw the flag especially since they have it out for the Steelers. These kinds of things need to stop happening come playoff time because we are seeing these bad penalties and stupid mistakes way too often each and every week. And the fact that they keep occuring week after week tells me that Mike Tomlin is not addressing it in whatever manner he needs to address it in.

Steel Trap86
12-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Essex came in at the end, when we were passing for the most part. Essex is a little better at pass protection than run blocking. And penalties against the off. line were minimal if nonexistent (except Flo's head shot).

I didn't see too many bright spots though. Sure we had a 100yd rusher and some good 3rd down conversions but..

Losing to another playoff team is chopping at the teams confidence.
Another loss at home.
No momentum going into the playoffs like Ben talked about before the game. Sorry I don't buy Keisels "this will refocus us" speech. All of a sudden we're going to flip the switch in the playoffs and what, be REALLY focused?
A tied record with the ravens means we have to play starters who may not be 100% for the next two games to get a divisional win and bye. Unless Ravens lose next week of course.

I'm seeing desire from a few players but it has not spread to the whole team imo.

Get real man, the Steelers are not a 13-3 football team. They were due for one more loss. I thought they would beat the Jets too, but I also keep wishful thinking that Arians will learn how to run a ****ing offense overnight. No momentum going into the playoffs is bullshit because they don't sit on this loss, they beat the Panthers at home Thursday night and should put up 25-35 points against that defense. Then another winnable game against the Browns. They still win the division, still get the bye and finish 12-4....I'll take it.