PDA

View Full Version : A draw play in the endzone... are you kidding me!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2010, 08:15 PM
A draw play in the endzone??

Honest to God if you're going to run it then you run it straight ahead. Can somebody please remove Bruce Arians head from his rear end for just 1 complete game. We can't go one game without some bone head play call that kills us in some manner. No reason to panic, run it up the middle or drop back and fire down the middle. The Jets were vulnerable all day long to the middle of the field. In a close game you can't have that......period

!Seriously, Mendy is running great all day and you take Memo on a slow developing draw play. No excuse whatsoever for that at all. Give the Steelers credit for coming back and trying to get the last minute win with that great drive. They did all they could, and had it not been for those extra 2 points they could have kicked a FG and we might still be playing.

That was the difference in this game, if we needed a FG we'd have had it.

steelersbabex25
12-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Delayed hand off in your own endzone. That's all that needs to be said for BA. Pretty much a sum of his entire existance.

Steelers_All_Day_43
12-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Leave it to Bruce to make a good playcalling game look terrible...

HUNT4SEVEN
12-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Classic BA BULLSH&! playcalling...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Delayed hand off is bad enough but the continued effort by Tomlin to have Moore take those delayed hands offs is worse....Tomlin and his vet presence.......lol Redman at least would have broke a tackle....lol The play shouldn't have been called......Do we know it was for sure BA or was it Ben changing the play......Probably it was Bruce and who ever called that play was one of the worst calls in Steelers history.....BA is an embarrassment........

JensK
12-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Delayed hand off is bad enough but the continued effort by Tomlin to have Moore take those delayed hands offs is worse....Tomlin and his vet presence.......lol Redman at least would have broke a tackle....lol The play shouldn't have been called......Do we know it was for sure BA or was it Ben changing the play......Probably it was Bruce and who ever called that play was one of the worst calls in Steelers history.....BA is an embarrassment........

It was BA for sure. I just don't see Big Ben calling that kind of play at that time of moment. We know he wants the ball in his hands in those type of situations. Hell, he almost pulled one off again.

Big T
12-19-2010, 08:28 PM
One of the worst ****ing playcalls I've ever seen. **** Brice Arians. He needs to be fired but the front office doesn't have the balls to do it. He'll probably sign a contract extension after this season.

How about the non-call on the Emmanuel Sanders streak at the end of the game. That was a touchdown and he had his jersey pulled. Even the incompetent Phil Simms pointed it out.

F*ck Bruce Arians

F*ck the refs

F*ck the Jets

Rant over

steelchamp204
12-19-2010, 08:29 PM
That should be the final nail in BAs coffin, I hope.

NorCalSteel
12-19-2010, 08:29 PM
I am still pissed about that. It is probabaly one of the dumbest play calls I can remember. This was a big loss. BTW how many pass interfearence penelties did you guys count today..........how many were called?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2010, 08:30 PM
There is no way Ben made that call, it was all Bruce Arians no question. If Ben did make it then he should be hung up from a tree. But again every Steelers fan knows that was a total Arians classic and it cost us the game. If we don't allow that we drive down for atleast a FG and we are still playing right now.

steelersbabex25
12-19-2010, 08:31 PM
I am still pissed about that. It is probabaly one of the dumbest play calls I can remember. This was a big loss. BTW how many pass interfearence penelties did you guys count today..........how many were called?

Wasn't really that big of a loss. All the Steelers need to do is beat the Panthers and Browns to get the 2 seed, and I'm pretty confident they can do that. It would have been nice to have the win, but the Steelers are still in first place. Not a big deal as long as they can beat teams that they should be able to beat.

LatrobePA
Where the F*** was our 100 yard rusher??? He was chewing them up and then in the most important drive of the game you F'N take him out??????

WHERE THE F**** are the brains???

SteelJunkie
Unfortunately for Bruce there are no medications that can fix stupid.

LatrobePA
12-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Wasn't really that big of a loss. All the Steelers need to do is beat the Panthers and Browns to get the 2 seed, and I'm pretty confident they can do that. It would have been nice to have the win, but the Steelers are still in first place. Not a big deal as long as they can beat teams that they should be able to beat.

I love your thought, but here's mine about the post season:

delaying the inevitable

North Steel
12-19-2010, 08:34 PM
WTF in gods name was that bullshit play call,wtf is it going to take to get this ****ing retard BA out of here.is this idot for real.

steelersbabex25
12-19-2010, 08:35 PM
I love your thought, but here's mine about the post season:

delaying the inevitable

Very true, in terms of playoff implications it wasn't a good loss. But in terms of getting into the playoffs, not a huge deal.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Ben loves to check out of plays from time to time....I'm not saying it was him we just don't know for sure....That is all....lol I'm sure it was BA but whoever it was made one of the worst offensive play calls in Steelers history.........

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2010, 09:52 PM
I was thinking that too 32, Ben does have the option to check out of plays but usually you can tell when he does or atleast think that he might. I didn't see any unusual antics or motions at the line just before the play.

Anything is possible but regardless it was costly in every way possible and really put us behind the 8 ball.

Clevelandsux
12-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Ya where was in Mendenhall later in the game? And Ward sort of dissapeared too.

Lunchbucket
12-19-2010, 10:19 PM
calling a draw from your own endzone ?the ultimate bonehead.PROTECT THE DAMN BALL !!!!!

SteelDad
12-19-2010, 10:58 PM
I would be shocked if Ben audibled to that. It shouldn't even have been an option in that situation. How can the Rooneys themselves not start to question this man's future with their team? This loss comes down to poor special teams, poor play-calling and a total lack of aggressiveness on defense. LeBeau was way too conservative tonight.

Real Deal Steel
12-20-2010, 01:02 AM

I want someone else to take over the play calling. I can't stand this anymore. I've seen enough. Man I"m so pissed that I'm spitting motor oil right now!! :banging:

LatrobePA
12-20-2010, 01:17 AM
I want someone else to take over the play calling. I can't stand this anymore. I've seen enough. Man I"m so pissed that I'm spitting motor oil right now!! :banging:

Can that ****, you'll be a millionare!!lol

Zachintosh66
12-20-2010, 01:37 AM
5 hours later, i still cant comprehend the draw play... Im so sick of the draw play we do it like 14x a game. Every single one needs to be ripped out and burned at the stake.

I coach youth football and I know not to run a draw play on your own 3yd line... you have got to be kidding me! How the hell does this guy still have a job? It baffles me...

Fvck Rex Ryan

They ARE NOT a better team than us... I pray we see them again

and of course Brees is gonna choke vs the Ratbirds. If we dont get that bye week, we wont make it out of the opening round (yeah i said it).

Its so hard to win in the NFL these days, especially when you have to win in spite of the Refs and Penalties...

ps. Clarks hit WAS NOT helmet to helmet, Wallace was raped downfield multiple times, however we did get a few nice spots and a holding was actually called on their OL vs Harrison

Scorp
12-20-2010, 02:48 AM
That was some smelly bs i tell ya what. Just f-in lame as hell. Someone needs to be kicked in the nuts for that.

Prosdo
12-20-2010, 04:02 AM
Absolutely horrible call. I don't understand why Mendenhall or Redman weren't in there.

Nolrog
12-20-2010, 07:44 AM
ps. Clarks hit WAS NOT helmet to helmet,

The refs struggle with the definition of this. Allow me to help. When you flag someone for helmet to helmet contact, the defenders helmet should actually hit the the opponents helmet. When the defender hits them in the shoulder pad, or the middle of the back, that's not helmet to helmet. You see, dear zebras, the other guys helment must also be involved.

Here's a great example. Remember the hit on Heath Miller, where he was almost decapitated? The defender's helment, hit Heath's helmet while he was defenseless. So that's is a clear and classic case of helmet to helmet (I believe that one was also unclear to you, since it was not called.)

Helmet to Helmet, means BOTH HELMETS.

steelersbabex25
12-20-2010, 07:54 AM
The refs struggle with the definition of this. Allow me to help. When you flag someone for helmet to helmet contact, the defenders helmet should actually hit the the opponents helmet. When the defender hits them in the shoulder pad, or the middle of the back, that's not helmet to helmet. You see, dear zebras, the other guys helment must also be involved.

Here's a great example. Remember the hit on Heath Miller, where he was almost decapitated? The defender's helment, hit Heath's helmet while he was defenseless. So that's is a clear and classic case of helmet to helmet (I believe that one was also unclear to you, since it was not called.)

Helmet to Helmet, means BOTH HELMETS.

Well, according to Jim Nantz and Phil Simms, although they called helmet to helmet, he actually launched with his helmet, which is under accordance with the same rule, which is a foul but not a flag and a flag but not a penalty...

...did anyone understand what these 2 *******s were saying?

coldrolled
12-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Absolutely horrible call. I don't understand why Mendenhall or Redman weren't in there.

Arians figured that the jets would be ready for mendenhall... so he played moore..
all 200 lbs of him wet... remember the other drive from the 3 started with mendy and he got what 9 yards?. we wouldnt want to do that again.. silly..

DIESELMAN
12-20-2010, 09:25 AM
BA has called a draw play on 1st and 10 before but NOT out of our own endzone!! You NEVER, EVER, ****ING EVER run a draw inside your own 5 yard line. It didn't help matters any that Scott whiffed his blocking assignment, but it doesn't matter whether it's Moore, Mendy, Redman or even Barry ****ing Sanders (Sanders would have broke it for a TD), you don't call that play in that situation. BA at his finest, trying to be cute and thinks he's smarter then anyone else. ****ing moron!!!

LatrobePA
12-20-2010, 09:34 AM
All the bitching in the world won't get BA canned...He'll be back!

darnik44
12-20-2010, 10:11 AM
A guy sitting behind me at the game said it best. He said, "Has any team ever had the ball at the 3 yard line and got a safety on a running play?"

I bet the answer is no...well it used to be no.

Raleigh Steel
12-20-2010, 11:32 AM
there are no words in the english language,ore any other language on the planet to describe how retarded that play call was.

DIESELMAN
12-20-2010, 11:58 AM

Yeah no doubt but it feels good to bitch about it :greengrin: Our local gun range has targets with Obama on it, I think I'll print pics of BA and do a faceover.

LatrobePA
12-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Yeah no doubt but it feels good to bitch about it :greengrin: Our local gun range has targets with Obama on it, I think I'll print pics of BA and do a faceover.

Bring it!! I'd like to fling some arrows at his mug!!

Rampage
12-20-2010, 01:26 PM
The thing that gets me is that they ran Moore instead of Mendenhall. I mean, Mendenhall is averaging more than five yards per carry, and you take him out? Either Mendenhall has the worst conditioning of any running back in the league and can't run, or Arians' IQ rests somewhere below 60. I am leaning towards the latter.

Raleigh Steel
12-20-2010, 01:42 PM
The thing that gets me is that they ran Moore instead of Mendenhall. I mean, Mendenhall is averaging more than five yards per carry, and you take him out? Either Mendenhall has the worst conditioning of any running back in the league and can't run, or Arians' IQ rests somewhere below 60. I am leaning towards the latter.

damn rampage, stop giving BA so much credit!

steelersbabex25
12-20-2010, 03:58 PM

Sad, but true. As much as we all hate to admit it, it won't take anything short of him tripping an opponent running down the sidelines to get his *** out of Pittsburgh.

SteelDad
12-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Sad, but true. As much as we all hate to admit it, it won't take anything short of him tripping an opponent running down the sidelines to get his *** out of Pittsburgh.

Hmmmm, now there's an idea....:thinking:

Clevelandsux
12-20-2010, 05:49 PM
That play didn't have a chance. It was blown up at the get go. But Ive seen it before. Why do we take Mendenhall out of the game when he's running good? Moore is a receiving back, he's too small to go up the middle.

greg1964
12-21-2010, 11:48 AM
If you don't like the call: find, but If you watch Chalk Talk the play was WIDE OPEN if Scott or Pouncey cut off the backside defender. It wasn't the play call, but the execution that stunk.

BTW: I have as many problems with BA play calling as most Steelers fans, BUT his offense is the same one that has WON many games for the black and Gold in on the their last drive over the last four years as any. In that time frame, his offense has produced three different receivers having over 1000+ yards, (Ward, Holmes and Wallace)and TE with over 70+ catches, (Miller)Two different RB with over 1200 yards and 10 TD (Parker and Mendenhall) and a QB that has passed for 3500+yards twice and over 4000 yards once; and BTW with a worst O-Lines in the NFL over the same time frame. (Because our QB hold onto the ball to long)

It not BA fault that our O-Line lead the NFL on holding and off side flag. That the O-line gives our QB 4+ seconds to throw the ball but he need 6+ seconds. That he worked with two center that were for the most part turn stail, and guard play that was below the line, even when AF was there. That fact that we have been able to have winning season is a testament of the team as a whole.

My only complaint with BA is despite these O-Line problems and Ben desire holding onto the ball, he will not call and short passing plays to compensate for these issues. To place the team in a second and 5(-) to ensure that 3rd down will be 3rd and short. That way the whole play book opens up.

LatrobePA
12-21-2010, 11:51 AM
If you don't like the call: find, but If you watch Chalk Talk the play was WIDE OPEN if Scott or Pouncey cut off the backside defender. It wasn't the play call, but the execution that stunk.

BTW: I have as many problems with BA play calling as most Steelers fans, BUT his offense is the same one that has WON many games for the black and Gold in on the their last drive over the last four years as any. In that time frame, his offense has produced three different receivers having over 1000+ yards, (Ward, Holmes and Wallace)and TE with over 70+ catches, (Miller)Two different RB with over 1200 yards and 10 TD (Parker and Mendenhall) and a QB that has passed for 3500+yards twice and over 4000 yards once; and BTW with a worst O-Lines in the NFL over the same time frame. (Because our QB hold onto the ball to long)

It not BA fault that our O-Line lead the NFL on holding and off side flag. That the O-line gives our QB 4+ seconds to throw the ball but he need 6+ seconds. That he worked with two center that were for the most part turn stail, and guard play that was below the line, even when AF was there. That fact that we have been able to have winning season is a testament of the team as a whole.

My only complaint with BA is despite these O-Line problems and Ben desire holding onto the ball, he will not call and short passing plays to compensate for these issues. To place the team in a second and 5(-) to ensure that 3rd down will be 3rd and short. That way the whole play book opens up.

Here's a simple solution: DON'T PUT YOUR OLINE (which is crap) IN THE POSTION TO LOSE THE GAME WITH THAT PLAY CALL!

nuclearchihuahuas
12-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Here's a simple solution: DON'T PUT YOUR OLINE (which is crap) IN THE POSTION TO LOSE THE GAME WITH THAT PLAY CALL!

well now there's an idea! too bad the oc couldn't come up with it:evilshake:

coldrolled
12-21-2010, 12:39 PM

BTW: I have as many problems with BA play calling as most Steelers fans, BUT his offense is the same one that has WON many games for the black and Gold in on the their last drive over the last four years as any..

Bad play execution or not.... i thought the worst part was that Moore was in the backfield alone? Redman would have dragged taylor to at least the 2 yard line before going down.. Why Moore?

LatrobePA
12-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Coaching: D—Even though they averaged 5.9 yards per carry, the Steelers chose to throw it twice as much and averaged just 4.9 yards doing so if you count the three sacks for 33 yards in losses. Some of the worst calls on offense occurred near the end zone. The Steelers were backed up to their own 3-yard line trailing by three and Roethlisberger lined up in a shotgun and then handed off to the lone back, Mewelde Moore(notes), who was tackled for a safety. Later, after marching 82 yards to the Jets 10 with nine seconds left, Roethlisberger twice threw into the end zone and backup tight end Matt Spaeth(notes) caught neither. Hines Ward(notes), the third-most productive receiver in the red zone among current players, had three passes thrown his way all game, none near scoring territory.

franchise3
12-21-2010, 01:25 PM

I couldn't disagree more. Those games were won in no-huddle when BA had little or no say in it. He should get no or very little credit for it IMHO.

Farrior Fan
12-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Bad play execution or not.... i thought the worst part was that Moore was in the backfield alone? Redman would have dragged taylor to at least the 2 yard line before going down.. Why Moore?

That is what I was screaming at the TV. Mendy was having a strong game, surely he could have done 3 spin moves before getting tackled :lol: Redman would have been my choice from inside the 5 yd line, especially on a :banging: draw play.