PDA

View Full Version : I hope we cheer for santonio on sun

steelchamp204
12-18-2010, 04:20 PM
I mean seriously, Yea he has madee mistakes when he was with pittsburgh but he never ever bad mouthed the team. He made terrific plays for us and played steeler football when he was with us. Im not talking about cheering him everytime he catches the ball, just when his name is mentioned on the speakers. He was a class act when we traded him away, or atleast I think so. And hes the reason why we have the braggin rights about being the first to six. Not trying to say our fanbase wont cheer or anything, but I hope we welcome him back with a good cheer.

Dont know how you guys feel about this, but im pretty sure we all will embrace him when he comes back. I know I would If i were at the game.

Go steelers, dont lower us to the ratbirds fanbase level.

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::t t02::tt02::tt02:

Iron City South
12-18-2010, 04:23 PM
He gets an "Introduction" round of applause for his contribution as a Steeler ... that's it.

Once the whistle blows, the free pass is over. He now wears the color of an enemy.

Rampage
12-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Welcome back cheer, absolutely.

Cheering during the game? He isn't wearing the black and gold anymore, hopefully he gets lit up.

steelchamp204
12-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Welcome back cheer, absolutely.

Cheering during the game? He isn't wearing the black and gold anymore, hopefully he gets lit up.

thats what i meant, before the game, not during the game, dont knowif i made myself clear on that or not, not trying to confuse anyone.

SteelCityKid5
12-18-2010, 05:14 PM
No thanks

SteelDad
12-18-2010, 05:27 PM
He gets an "Introduction" round of applause for his contribution as a Steeler ... that's it.

Once the whistle blows, the free pass is over. He now wears the color of an enemy.

Absolutely. The man brought a lot of great memories to Steelers Nation and should applauded for that and when the kick goes up.... You are now the enemy for 60 minutes.

LatrobePA
12-18-2010, 05:50 PM
If wake and bake wasn't a stupid stoner he'd still be still here...He made the decisions that cost him his job...As a fan I loved him while here, but pissed he was so damn stupid. That alone could never allow me to get too "sappy" with him as the enemy!!

Steel Trap86
12-18-2010, 05:54 PM
He had every Steeler fan on this planet on their feet cheering and screaming, so I don't see how anybody could boo him tomorrow. Although there probably will be 1 or 2 boo's from people thinking they are showing loyalty to the Steelers, but all the players and staff will be joking around with him after the game.

I bet Holmes is out with them all right now

Steelerlyn
12-18-2010, 06:03 PM
thats what i meant, before the game, not during the game, dont knowif i made myself clear on that or not, not trying to confuse anyone.

I thought you stated it very clearly.:) and I will cheer for him when they announce his name, he won us #6.

steelersbabex25
12-18-2010, 06:21 PM
He'll definitely get some cheers before the game. During the game? No thanks.

Big T
12-18-2010, 07:57 PM
I miss him :(

HUNT4SEVEN
12-18-2010, 08:11 PM
When he is introduce he should get a standing O because he was a Rat killer all by himself and he was MVP of Superbowl 43, on the field he was money for us from day one...I miss him also Big T, but during the game i'm rooting for us to shut him down or atleast keep his contributions to a minimum go Steelers:tt02:

Scorp
12-18-2010, 11:04 PM
No cheers from Wild nasty scorpio baby. He's the enemy. What he did for the Steelers is in the past.

steelerfan11
12-18-2010, 11:44 PM
I mean seriously, Yea he has madee mistakes when he was with pittsburgh but he never ever bad mouthed the team.

he may have never bad mouthed the team but he told a Steeler fan to kill himself and others they don't matter due to their names not being on his check. He also hurt the team by being a complete idiot with his obsessive use of drugs.

I wouldn't cheer for him...

me...i'm glad he is gone!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2010, 12:44 AM

That's about the size of it, he did help us win SB 43 with that amazing catch. He was also Ben's favorite big play target. I personally wish they would have kept him around, but in any event he is now the enemy so it's open season on Holmes.

Woodson_DownUnder
12-19-2010, 02:37 AM
He had every Steeler fan on this planet on their feet cheering and screaming, so I don't see how anybody could boo him tomorrow. Although there probably will be 1 or 2 boo's from people thinking they are showing loyalty to the Steelers, but all the players and staff will be joking around with him after the game.

I bet Holmes is out with them all right now

I agree. If he makes a few plays, getting him down before he breaks away and cheering on the Steeler defender who brings him down is what counts. Booing the guy isn't worthwhile as he won't feel intimidated by the occasion. Rather think that getting the D the bigger Cheer when the Steelers stop Holmes in his tracks. I have no ill feeling towards him at all. But don't care to wish him well tommorrow either. :lol:

Dean Denton
12-19-2010, 05:40 AM
No cheers, maybe a couple beers tossed on his head, then dumped on his ***. He's the one that screwed up many times. I dont care how he acted on the way out the door. That has more to do with landing a new job, not how he felt about the Steelers. If he cared about the Steelers he wouldn't be getting blazed on the way to practice or doing more crap after he got in trouble for that. This is all on him and I hope no one cheers for him. I hope everyone lets him know that he let this team and the fan base down. Oh but hey, I'm glad Ben could make him SB MVP so he could land that new job. The guy seems to be doing fine now with the Jets, so what does that say about him? It says he didn't give two shits about the Steelers. Please let this fool come across the middle so Harrison can knock him out too.

Do any of you still want to cheer for that clown?

airbrake 1
12-19-2010, 06:34 AM
I'm not too really fond of him I won't boo him out of appreciation of what he did for our franchise...but he absolutely didn't care about his teammates, the franchise,or the fans he had been warned that he couldn't smoke reefer and yet continued...I really don't understand how these fools can't put down the blount for a couple of years until their playing days are over, then they can smoke like chimneys...All the bull about being addicted to pot is crap, quitting pot is just self control there is no physical addiction...but pot is a gateway drug(don't let anyone fool you into believing it is not)...you hang around enough potheads eventually someone is pulling out crack or heroin and most people don't want to look like a square and will try it usually with tragic results...go steelers

coldrolled
12-19-2010, 09:20 AM
The big problem is holmes is telling ryan all of arians plays...... :thinking:

nuclearchihuahuas
12-19-2010, 11:07 AM
When he is introduce he should get a standing O because he was a Rat killer all by himself and he was MVP of Superbowl 43, on the field he was money for us from day one...I miss him also Big T, but during the game i'm rooting for us to shut him down or atleast keep his contributions to a minimum go Steelers:tt02:

:yellowthumb: I hope he has a wonderful introduction/welcome...and then is held to absolutely no effect or even a fumble or two during the game...and then gets a consolation handshake from the whole team.

greennick
12-19-2010, 11:10 AM

All 4 of them?

nuclearchihuahuas
12-19-2010, 11:13 AM

Oh good! By the time Rex is done laughing hysterically and calms himself to the point he can function, the game will be over :hilarious:

Steelers_All_Day_43
12-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Man I have a Samtonio jersey but idk what to do with it for this game. Wear it or put it away?

LatrobePA
12-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Man I have a Samtonio jersey but idk what to do with it for this game. Wear it or put it away?

Roll it up and smoke it!! Wake n bake style baby!!!

Blazedby92
12-19-2010, 12:54 PM

All 4 of them?

You beat me to it greennick:lol:

Steelers_All_Day_43
12-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Roll it up and smoke it!! Wake n bake style baby!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

steelerschick1220
12-19-2010, 04:31 PM
I would cheer Santonio before the game, because he did do a lot of great things for us. I also feel though he hade a lot of dumb mistakes and he actually got on my nerves sometimes so its not like I miss the guy. As soon as the kick goes up, he becomes the enemy and I hope he gets lit up and makes no contribution to the game whatsoever.