PDA

View Full Version : Friends Grove City Outlet Shopping at the Steeler Store encounter

Stlrs4Life
12-18-2010, 02:08 PM
What do yous think of this? A co worker of mine is a Browns fan, and has grandchildren that are Steeler fans. She lives in Warren, Ohio. She was Christmas shopping in Grove City Outlet Mall at the Steelers Store there. She goes in wearing a Browns jersey. (I'm thinking, 1st mistake) She says she was totally harassed and mocked the entire time she was there, mainly from the sales clerks there working. Which in a way I don't think they should do that considering that she was there to buy gifts and spend some money. But I figure that they were just kidding with her. But she probably took it that they were serious. I told her, what do you expect? I wouldn't go to a Browns store wearing Steelers stuff. And if I did, I would expect them to berate me.

Ibleedblk&gld
12-18-2010, 02:11 PM
every team has their fair share of d-bag fans...i'm sure they were just messing with her, but if they weren't, chock it up to them being the d-bag fan percentile

SteelDad
12-18-2010, 05:30 PM
No offense here, but c'mon. You have to have some coomon sense. Were the employees and customers rude or inappropriate? Perhaps, but would you expect any differently were the situation reversed?

LatrobePA
12-18-2010, 05:48 PM
No offense here, but c'mon. You have to have some coomon sense. Were the employees and customers rude or inappropriate? Perhaps, but would you expect any differently were the situation reversed?

Thank you..Can't stand the heat get your *** out the kitchen!!

It's all in good fun I'm sure (unless they spit on them)...

Dee Mca
12-18-2010, 05:50 PM
My nephew is a colts fan and when we went out shopping for his Christmas stuff here in Indiana I wore my Steeler's gear. Colts fans just love my 6-time champions shirt

LatrobePA
12-18-2010, 05:59 PM
My parents were in TN for vac, and on their car they have a Steelers license plate ring, the TN fans wrote on their car Steelers suck, etc etc...They got over it!!

You gotta expect it!

Bucsfan4ever
12-18-2010, 06:19 PM
The year that the Bucs won the Super Bowl, I was standing outside the Reno airport waiting for a taxi beside a young guy wearing a Raiders sweatshirt. I told him I was from Tampa, put my hand out, we shook hands and laughed about it. Whoda thunk that the Bucs would win a Super Bowl!! :lol:...but I'm glad they did!! :clap:

Blazedby92
12-18-2010, 06:50 PM
That's the funniest thing about sports is the s*** talking its all fun and games until someone gets their feelings hurt.

steelchamp204
12-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Usually I talk to ppl about there team and stuff but not harrass them. In might be ok to throw a joke in but now alot. I respect all fans and dont try to belittle them, but thats just me man. Ive seen enough ****ed up **** happen when I was ounger going to games and penn state games where I didnt wanna be that person giving **** and being an ***. But thats just me.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2010, 07:30 PM
I can see the customers doing it, hell I would too. The employees though should show some self control since they are to sell merchandise.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Steelers fan in Redskins/Ratbirds country. Go ahead, make my day. lol

Speeed
12-18-2010, 07:46 PM
I am not surprised. People are generally stupid. Attacking someone who does not cheer for the same team is the epitome of stupid. Who cares what team I, or they support? Football should be about comradeship and sportsmanship, adversaries or otherwise.

Anyone who takes football so serious they have to attempt to belittle others has other issues. The funny thing is no fan has any influence whatsoever on a game, but yet, some live or die by their sports teams. Having so much personal stake in something you have no control over befuddles me!

I am not surprised that happened.

SteelCityKid5
12-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Moral of the story: Don't become a Browns fan

greennick
12-19-2010, 11:18 AM
I find generally, at least in Pittsburgh, Steeler fans are pretty good. Opposing team fans don't get hassled too much. It is nothing like when I went to a Jets v Pats game in NY. haha

I guess we don't need to say too much. 6 says it all. Even just in the time I have been watching football (since 97), 2 from 13 years and countless playoff appearances is only bettered by the Pats. And they're cheats.

airbrake 1
12-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Every situation is different some people take every comment as a attack on them even if the person is trying to be good natured...most people in pittsburgh especially at heinz field will give opposing fans some good natured ribbing but VERY rarely does it go beyond that...most steeler fans will confront the obnoxious steeler fan and tell them to knock it off...i wear steeler gear in many different cities and have always had pleasant experiences especially at a slayer concert in columbus this summer where there was heavy duty moshing and someone could have easily taken a shot at me with no consequence

LarryNJ
12-19-2010, 11:49 AM
some people take every comment as a attack on them even if the person is trying to be good natured...most people in pittsburgh especially at heinz field will give opposing fans some good natured ribbing but VERY rarely does it go beyond that...

I agree with you, my guess is she overreacted to a simple comment of someone trying to be funny. Let's not forget most retail clerks are young.

As for the second part you can fill anyplace in where you have Pittsburgh. The times that it does go further is usually with young drunks, avoid them and you will avoid problems.