PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu could sit for the rest of the season

harpo
12-18-2010, 01:40 PM
I also heard this news via NFL Network.....

Polamalu could sit for the rest of the season (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/18/report-polamalu-could-sit-out-rest-of-regular-season/)

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2010, 02:00 PM
If the Steelers don't need him to help win more games to improve our position in the post season then definitely sit him. If it turns out that we do need him, I would suspect he'll be out there.

Zachintosh66
12-18-2010, 02:04 PM
figures, has his best game of the year... same sh!t different year, always hurt...

Steelerlyn
12-18-2010, 02:10 PM
figures, has his best game of the year... same sh!t different year, always hurt...

and that is really understandable because he seems to be in on most every play, when he is playing:)

SteelrFan
12-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Guess its a good time for Ryan Mundy to earn his pay.

mwittman5
12-18-2010, 03:15 PM
well we could lose to the jets and still win the division. Im pretty sure we could beat the panthers and browns without Troy. Rest him and get him ready for our superbowl run

Blazedby92
12-18-2010, 03:34 PM

Must be that girlie work out regiment of his. MT needs to get him a strength coach add just a little muscle in his lower body.

LatrobePA
12-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Troy out, who steps up this weekend??

Black@Gold Forever32
12-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Wrap Troy's soft *** in bubble wrap and don't play him.....So sick of this every year....Most Steelers fans **** on themselves when he makes a great play but it doesn't matter how great he is if is always hurt and can't play......

I agree he shouldn't play the rest of the regular season......So I'm not arguing that.....But will Troy play at all come play-off time?......I remember last year they kept saying Troy is one week away from returning then the Steelers decided to shut him down for good......I hope that isn't the case this year........

Rampage
12-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Troy out, who steps up this weekend??

Mark Sanchez. :lol:

Real Deal Steel
12-18-2010, 05:06 PM
If the Steelers don't need him to help win more games to improve our position in the post season then definitely sit him. If it turns out that we do need him, I would suspect he'll be out there.

Get real. Of course we NEED him to win. With no Polamalu, I don't think we make it. Because who else makes plays in the secondary???? Exactly.

Troy is the one player on defense we can't afford to lose. The defense goes down a couple of notches to say the least.

steelersbabex25
12-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Jesus. Literally, I can't remember the last time Troy stayed healthy for a whole season. I don't get it.

steelchamp204
12-18-2010, 07:23 PM
steelersbabe, u got season tix?

SteelCityKid5
12-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Must be that girlie work out regiment of his. MT needs to get him a strength coach add just a little muscle in his lower body.

The same girlie regiment he used in 2008 that propelled us to a Super Bowl? He knows his body. Every body is different. He's just one of the unfortunate ones... he's prone to injuries, nothing really you can do about it.

mos07
12-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Did any of you complaining about him being prone to injuries see how he was injured? It was unfortunate to say the least - a freak accident - Palmer's revenge. I would take the play he made and the risk of injury any day.

Shut him down. Take our chances. With him and Aaron Smith in the line up come playoff time and if Tom Brady somehow breaks his leg before we see them in the playoffs, we are Super Bowl bound.

Zachintosh66
12-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Get real. Of course we NEED him to win. With no Polamalu, I don't think we make it. Because who else makes plays in the secondary???? Exactly.

Troy is the one player on defense we can't afford to lose. The defense goes down a couple of notches to say the least.

:plus1: Amen, were screwed... We already have to win despite the officials and our Red Zone Offense...

Diamondhead
12-18-2010, 10:06 PM
What can you do, stuff happens, I suppose. I don't think this would be as much of a problem if the offense could put up some stinkin' points. And I don't mean 2 or 3 Suisham field goals, Ariens!

Overall, smart move to rest him for the playoff. Time for some guys to step up and make plays. Just do what you have to do to get that 2nd seed!:crossfingers:

nuclearchihuahuas
12-19-2010, 11:02 AM

:yellowthumb: I agree. I bet if he is needed he suits up. Otherwise, by all means, sit on the bench and put up your feet Troy!

LatrobePA
12-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Gotta face the facts, Troy isn't getting any younger and his style of play will keep him getting hurt...I think it's time to start keeping an eye out for his replacement a few years down the road...

Rampage
12-19-2010, 01:06 PM

Additional muscle mass is not going to prevent tendinitis or a torn ACL. If anything, his workout gives him the ability to play like he does: Explosiveness and speed. Harrison is a gym rat, but that would not translate well to a guy like Polamalu; a player who I regard as probably one of the most self-aware in the league. His injuries can be attributed more to his style of play than his style of exercise.

Blazedby92
12-19-2010, 01:31 PM
The same girlie regiment he used in 2008 that propelled us to a Super Bowl? He knows his body. Every body is different. He's just one of the unfortunate ones... he's prone to injuries, nothing really you can do about it.

I know, forgive me please!

Additional muscle mass is not going to prevent tendinitis or a torn ACL. If anything, his workout gives him the ability to play like he does: Explosiveness and speed. His injuries can be attributed more to his style of play than his style of exercise.

Yes certain excercises can strengthen certain muscles. Your right his regiment allows for explosivness and speed now he needs to add that regiment that will toughen him up.

Rampage
12-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Yes certain excercises can strengthen certain muscles. Your right his regiment allows for explosivness and speed now he needs to add that regiment that will toughen him up.

I understand the bolded part; I've been a weightlifter for good portion of my life. I just do not feel that doing a bunch of squats and deadlifts are going to make a drastic difference in his injury prevention. While I like the idea of strength and power coming from bigger lifts, I think it is up to Polamalu to determine whether or not his workouts are successful. The only thing that I dislike about his routine is that he supposedly does not lift a weight greater than 20 pounds, although I am not sure if that is accurate. I wouldn't mind seeing him add a Caveman Training day to his current routine, though. Check it out if you haven't seen it before:

1G61d0feaIg