PDA

View Full Version : Harrison throws party for needy children

jpele
12-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Steelers linebacker James Harrison will use money given to him by fans to help pay his NFL fines to throw a Christmas party for needy children and their families.

As Harrison accumulated $125,000 in fines for four different infractions, fans began sending him money to help pay them. Many were sent anonymously, so Harrison could not return them.

Harrison decided last month to take the money and start the James Harrison Family Foundation, a nonprofit organization that will assist children in emergency situations. The foundation's first event will be a brunch with Santa Claus at Heinz Field on Saturday, with other Steelers expected to attend.

The foundation is designed to aid children with illnesses or disabilities and families in crisis situations.

Linkhttp://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/James-Harrison-uses-fine-donation-to-throw-kids-party-121710

What a class act this guy is,let the hatters keep hating.

scpc
12-18-2010, 08:44 AM
:banging:makes me feel bad that I only sent $2.00

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2010, 09:16 AM
The fact that the Steeler Nation stood up in defense of Harrison and sent in money tells you how much we love our team and how much we stand behind Harrison. A class act to start a charity and help people.

steelersbabex25
12-18-2010, 09:23 AM
How dirty of him..

LarryNJ
12-18-2010, 10:29 AM
This just goes to prove that no matter how bad a situation may seem there is always something good that can be taken out of it. The James Harrison Family Foundation will now be around for years to come and what better cause than to help kids in need. Great job James and great job to all the fans who helped not only by sending a couple dollars but by opening up James mind and inspiring him to start something that will help many kids. :yellowthumb:

Stlrs4Life
12-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Great job Harrison.

LatrobePA
12-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Im sure Goodell will find a reason to to fine him for the party!!

SteelCityKid5
12-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Debo is sooooo dirty though

Woodson_DownUnder
12-19-2010, 02:12 AM
Debo is sooooo dirty though

Don't buy that. It's a contact sport and if Silverback was 'dirty' he would of been ejected on some hits that he got fined for. Some hits were NON HITS... What a joke.

steelchamp204
12-19-2010, 05:44 AM
James? nO WAY HE WOULD DO THIS, he is to dirty, lmao jk jk. Nice to see this article maybe it can shut these haters up that think hes such a thug

Lunchbucket
12-19-2010, 08:00 AM
Im sure Goodell will find a reason to to fine him for the party!!
So, Fans will probly send James money to pay the fines on his party? Ha! it's a vicious cycle Goodell!! LOL:cope::greenbounce2:

nuclearchihuahuas
12-19-2010, 10:17 AM
How dirty of him..

Agreed! How dare he do nice things for kids when he is such a dirty, underhanded player! I am glad he embarrasses the league like this. I am so glad we sent in money so he could do so. I do wish I had sent more. :tt02: