PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Miller has symptoms, doesn't practice

Scorp
12-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Steelers tight end Heath Miller suffered a setback with his concussion and did not practice today, which leaves his status for Sunday's game against the New York Jets in doubt.

Miller missed last Sunday's game against Cincinnati because of a concussion he sustained on Dec. 5 at Baltimore.

He practiced for the first time since then on Wednesday, but sat out today when he experienced a mild headache.

"He experienced a little headache," said offensive coordinator Bruce Arians. "Very cautious. We're not going to take any chances with him."

Arians said he hopes Miller can practice on Friday and play on Sunday but they will not take any chances.

"I sure have my fingers crossed, I hope so, but we're going to do what's in his best interests, his family's. We're not going to force anything. He's smart enough to make the right decision."

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2010, 04:20 PM
We have got to have Heath for the playoffs, if he can't go this week then I would rather have him sit and get healthy. If he is able to go though, man that would be a huge lift for the offense. We're inconsistent enough as it is normally but without Heath it's a lot worse.

LatrobePA
12-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Stone hands Spaeth won't do!! This would make working the middle challenging!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Hopefully he just had a little headache it ends up going away. If he feels better tomorrow then hopefully he'll be good to go. I would imagine if not though they'll pull the plug on him or atleast make it a game time decision.

Goodfrom55
12-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Stone hands Spaeth won't do!! This would make working the middle challenging!

If heath can't go, then (we) have no choice but Spaeth and David Johnson).

Jets safeties are banged upbig time so (we) might be able to get away with Spaeth or Johnson, but hopefully Heath plays and makes a positive impact (particularly in the red zone).

Stlrs4Life
12-16-2010, 05:27 PM
What Blitz said. We need a healthy Heath for the playoffs.

coldrolled
12-16-2010, 05:36 PM
If heath can't go, then (we) have no choice but Spaeth and David Johnson).

Jets safeties are banged upbig time so (we) might be able to get away with Spaeth or Johnson, but hopefully Heath plays and makes a positive impact (particularly in the red zone).

Not a real fan of Johnson, but he did catch some nice passes this year so far.

Let him play more.. Spaeth is not the answer...

For having an OC who has no FB on the roster and loves his TE's. You would think we would have some better TE's behind Miller.

LatrobePA
12-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Not a real fan of Johnson, but he did catch some nice passes this year so far.

Let him play more.. Spaeth is not the answer...

For having an OC who has no FB on the roster and loves his TE's. You would think we would have some better TE's behind Miller.

You nailed it...Spaeth is a dead beat!

Raleigh Steel
12-16-2010, 06:03 PM
how dare you guys bag on matt "waste of" spaeth!!!!! :greengrin:

LatrobePA
12-16-2010, 08:04 PM

LOL, good one!

igor0190
12-16-2010, 11:43 PM

Lol, that made me think of Michael Strahan :lol:

Aww man.. I was looking forward to saying "HEEAAAAAATTHHH" at the game

steelfury455
12-17-2010, 12:57 AM
actually ben barely used Miller all year. maybe of BA's design but his numbers are way down compared to last season. matt/johnson should fill in fine until Miller gets 100%. i have no worries as long Matt gets into the rhythm from the start...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2010, 11:01 AM
We should find out later today if Heath practices and how he he feels afterwards. Crossing my fingers that he is able to get through today without any problems.

Scorp
12-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Sure hopes he gets better. Hope he plays at least a little.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Heath is officially listed as 50-50, he'll pretty much be a game time decision for Sunday. No official word as of now on how much he practiced today.

Silverback
12-18-2010, 12:13 AM
actually ben barely used Miller all year. maybe of BA's design but his numbers are way down compared to last season. matt/johnson should fill in fine until Miller gets 100%. i have no worries as long Matt gets into the rhythm from the start...

What Heath brings to the offense doesn't show up statistically, they don't have stats for picking up the right blitzers or running the right hot route at the right time. Having said that I fully agree if he isn't 100% its not worth potentially losing him for an extended period of time(playoffs).

LatrobePA
12-18-2010, 02:29 PM
It's offical he's out:

the Steelers have ruled out tight end Heath Miller for Sunday's game as he tries to return from a concussion that he suffered during a Dec. 5 victory over the Baltimore Ravens. Miller was listed as questionable on the injury report.

Rampage
12-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Hopefully Spaeth can take care of business.

LatrobePA
12-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Hopefully Spaeth can take care of business.

I don't like him! I think Johnson showed good hands, lets feed him the ball a bit...

Rampage
12-19-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't like him! I think Johnson showed good hands, lets feed him the ball a bit...

I also like Johnson, but do you think Arians would actually use him? :nono: