PDA

View Full Version : how to beat the patriots

pimplydan
12-15-2010, 01:26 PM
the patriots are playing as good right now as they have ever played.Brady is on fire.
Q:WHY?

A:mismatches.That what they do!4 receiver set and Welker in the backfield,they look,audible Wes in motion.And BOOM(like John Madden would say)

No defence can cover 5 Patriot receivers they are too good

What do you do go into nickelback formation or blitz?

I think I know what do you guys think?

jackhammer1
12-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Blitz Brady and chase him with a pair of scissors. Tear off his helmet, give him a buzz cut right on the field. If he's like Sampson, that should do it. Worth the penalty and fine. Other then that, well thats all I got.

igor0190
12-15-2010, 01:43 PM
The Pats do anything they can to create mismatches in the passing game. Throw a TE on a CB, Welker on a LB... They do it well.

It's a good thing they are playing perrfect right now. Hopefully this is their peak and they decline come playoff time. They can't really play ANY better than they have been.

cmerrifield
12-15-2010, 01:48 PM
I would "bet" the are going to win, thats how I would "bet the Patriots" :lol:

Seriously, you have to blitz Brady, if you put 10 guys in coverage, he will still find the open man and beat you

jnes1216
12-15-2010, 01:58 PM
communication is key. they like the crossing routes and obviously the open zones. OLB's drop at a diagonal towards the sideline, with one safety crowding the middle. Cut off the quick slants (ala Harrison in SB 43) Hybrid defense, Timmons on Woodhead, Troy on the TEs and Ike on Branch. Welker will be open and kill you but you have to limit the YAC. Then buckle down in red zone = no 10yd cushions!!!!!!

coldrolled
12-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Maybe.. One ILB hits welker and holds him up, then 92 or 94 comes in and cleans him out with a mid body crushing blow. do this until welker is not on the field.

or which may be illegal now days, do what clark did to him over the middle and do often.. just remove welker from the field, then hit all other WR's on the line so they are not standing. and blitz.. this should mess with brady's timing...

or i will bet when brady steps back to pass in his dink and dunk format. maybe he counts it out like music.. 1 and a 2 and a pass. find his rhythm and jump the WR's using his timing.. its all timing.... he has to have some type of rhythm going or it would'nt work so smooth. he is usually in hurry up or no huddle, so some type of timing has to be there.

all else is senseless. we tried the other coverages.....

LatrobePA
12-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Flame thrower!!

steelfury455
12-15-2010, 05:13 PM
it's all about bump and run coverage. gotta stick his recievers inside of those five yards which we don't do. brady hits those creases in the zone like no other. throw his timing off and let harrison and woodley eat.

Dean Denton
12-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Hit brady in the knee in the first quarter. That should do it. Outside of that....pray that maybe someone else hits brady in the knee before we play them....

Goodfrom55
12-15-2010, 07:38 PM
The Pats do anything they can to create mismatches in the passing game. Throw a TE on a CB, Welker on a LB... .

A TE vs a CB, the CB SHOULD have the advantage - unless the CB is William Gay. Gay reminds me of Deshea Townsend . . not a great cover corner, but an excellent blitz corner.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2010, 08:06 PM
How one can "bet" the patriots I'm not exactly sure...however, they key is that first off you have to score TD's when you get the chance. FG's will not cut it. The main key is though you have to at all costs get pressure on Brady. Stick to his targets like glue, don't give them a cushion at all. Man to man all the way around forcing him to get the ball to a covered target. If you play zone on him all day lone he'll pick you apart with that short passing game.

pimplydan
12-15-2010, 10:02 PM
First of all hopefully when and if we met the Pats in the playoffs,Brady will have cooled down a notch.The sure way to get killed by him is to sit back into coverage.Blitzing is the way to go,we have to take our shots at him.We have to distrupt his timing.Remember how bad the Giants made him look in the superbowl.
Got to get to Brady early and quick.

Moondog
12-15-2010, 10:08 PM
I hope the Pats are not into the Steelers' heads as they are in ours.

pimplydan
12-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Well,I have enjoyed many a steeler wins in the playoffs,but almost nothing would be SWEETER than to watch tha STEELERS beat the Patriots in foxborough in the AFC championship game.
Don't you agree?

Moondog
12-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Definitely agree :yellowthumb:

Dean Denton
12-16-2010, 04:37 AM
Well,I have enjoyed many a steeler wins in the playoffs,but almost nothing would be SWEETER than to watch tha STEELERS beat the Patriots in foxborough in the AFC championship game.
Don't you agree? I think its long over due. It just makes me wonder about the two Sb the Steelers have. Do they get them if the Patriots are in the playoffs? Can the Steeler D stop Brady? Can Ben beat Brady head to head? If these guys lose again I think i might have to cry. Dont worry I would cry like a man of Steel...lol

coldrolled
12-16-2010, 07:00 AM
I think its long over due. It just makes me wonder about the two Sb the Steelers have. Do they get them if the Patriots are in the playoffs? Can the Steeler D stop Brady? Can Ben beat Brady head to head? If these guys lose again I think i might have to cry. Dont worry I would cry like a man of Steel...lol

Meatloaf... Good One... NFL showed the Pats (7) 2nd round draft picks from the last two years. they are all on the field. not counting the 1st rounders. Someone in the FO is trading for picks nicely..

We have to beat them down this year. :cope:

pimplydan
12-16-2010, 08:18 AM
true,Gay was beat for two touchdown passes to Gronkowski(TE).

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Nobody in the league utilizes the draft better than the Patriots. They wheel and deal more on draft weekend than anybody else combined. The players they get consistently make the team and are productive. We're pretty good at it too, but the way Belichick runs the draft is incredible.

Teams that do that, the Pats, Steelers, Eagles, Ravens, etc. that are always competitive year in and year out are the ones that draft well.

Moondog
12-16-2010, 10:32 AM
I think its long over due. It just makes me wonder about the two Sb the Steelers have. Do they get them if the Patriots are in the playoffs? Can the Steeler D stop Brady? Can Ben beat Brady head to head? If these guys lose again I think i might have to cry. Dont worry I would cry like a man of Steel...lol

I wouldn't worry about those two superbowls, the Steelers could not help who they played, they took care of what was in front of them, unlike the Pats those two years.

I don't know if the Steeler D can stop Brady, they definitely can't when they sit back and play with 10 yard cushions. If the coaches can adjust and attack this guy then we will see...

Ben would definitely beat the metrosexual out of Brady if they went head to head, shredded UGGs and designer clothes would be all that was left of Tom. :yellowthumb: :lol:

manofsteel
12-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Blitz Brady and keep spy on the flats. Nobody in the flat you can either add delay blitz or cover mid zone

SteelDad
12-16-2010, 12:11 PM
If you look at some commonalities of teams that Brady has struggled with the one thing that really stands out is where the pressure comes from. Going back to SB XLII against the G-Men, they were able to get great pressure from 4 down linemen and much of that pressure was up the middle in Brady's face. With that said and us being a 3-4 team, this means our defense has to get pressure from the 3 down guys and either Wood or Harrison because we cannot afford to blitz more guys because we can't cover 4 and 5 wide well enough to do it. The other teams that have shown some success against Brady are the Dolphins who have traditionally been 4-3, the Jets (until 10 days ago), Browns, and Ravens.

All 3 of those teams are "considered" to be 3-4 teams but in all honesty they play hybrid defenses that make it much more confusing for any QB. Ask BR what team he struggles with the most to call audibles and strength calls against and he'll tell you it's the Browns. Bottom line is that to beat the Pats you really need more than a perfect defensive game plan. You need to control the ball and score TDs, NOT field goals! And you need to be perfect on special teams.

North Steel
12-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Keep Brady of the field,I think we need to have the running game going full steam ahead to control time of possesion and blitz the **** out of the disrespectful jerk off.

steelfury455
12-16-2010, 01:49 PM
If you look at some commonalities of teams that Brady has struggled with the one thing that really stands out is where the pressure comes from. Going back to SB XLII against the G-Men, they were able to get great pressure from 4 down linemen and much of that pressure was up the middle in Brady's face. With that said and us being a 3-4 team, this means our defense has to get pressure from the 3 down guys and either Wood or Harrison because we cannot afford to blitz more guys because we can't cover 4 and 5 wide well enough to do it. The other teams that have shown some success against Brady are the Dolphins who have traditionally been 4-3, the Jets (until 10 days ago), Browns, and Ravens.

All 3 of those teams are "considered" to be 3-4 teams but in all honesty they play hybrid defenses that make it much more confusing for any QB. Ask BR what team he struggles with the most to call audibles and strength calls against and he'll tell you it's the Browns. Bottom line is that to beat the Pats you really need more than a perfect defensive game plan. You need to control the ball and score TDs, NOT field goals! And you need to be perfect on special teams.

Ding ding! That's the absolute defensive key with pressure up the middle (along with consistant bump and run). Brady is not good outside the pocket so that double A gap blitz would push him out. If we run the same defensive gameplan the last time we played we may as well forfit the game. Also, someone mentioned a flame thrower earlier... :cope:

pimplydan
12-16-2010, 02:36 PM
I analized the last meeting and noticed that Brady gets his passes of in 3 second all the time,except for play action.That doesn't give the defence much time to get to him.Double A gap blitzs would be good:yellowthumb:it's the shortest route to the QB.

Scorp
12-17-2010, 10:32 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers and New York Jets have each struggled with the ball recently, combining for 13 consecutive quarters without an offensive touchdown.

While Pittsburgh has still found ways to win, the same can't be said for New York.

The Steelers look for their fifth straight victory Sunday against the slumping Jets, who are searching for their first win in Pittsburgh in franchise history -- a victory that would be especially meaningful for wide receiver Santonio Holmes in his return to Heinz Field.

Pittsburgh (10-3) has allowed 9.0 points per game during its winning streak, scoring two defensive touchdowns in last Sunday's 23-7 win against Cincinnati. That has helped make up for an offense that has totaled one TD in its last 11 quarters since scoring in the first during a 19-16 overtime win Nov. 28 at Buffalo.

Troy Polamalu is a huge reason the first-place Steelers have a one-game lead over Baltimore in the AFC North. The star safety, whose late sack and forced fumble set up Pittsburgh's winning touchdown in a 13-10 victory over the Ravens on Dec. 5, has four interceptions in his last four games, including two -- one returned for a touchdown - against the Bengals.

"No one is playing as good as Troy Polamalu in football right now, in my opinion," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. "When we need a play, he provides it."

Pittsburgh hopes the offense can also chip in from time to time. The unit may receive a boost with tight end Heath Miller set to return after missing the Bengals game with a concussion. Still, Ben Roethlisberger has thrown only one touchdown pass in his last three games, and running back Rashard Mendenhall has cracked the 100-yard mark once in his last 10.

Receiver Mike Wallace, who had three consecutive 100-yard games and four touchdowns from Nov. 8-21, has only 187 receiving yards and no touchdowns over his last three.

"We just have to finish drives. That's our biggest problem," Wallace said. "We don't really ever have a problem moving the ball. It's just finishing drives."

If Roethlisberger and Wallace plan to connect, they will have to contend with the Jets' Darrelle Revis, whose reputation as a shut-down cornerback doesn't seem to scare Wallace.

"I don't care about nobody. He's just another guy. He's a real good player, but, hey, I'm a real good player myself," Wallace said. "I don't fear nobody and I don't back down from nobody."

Wallace replaced Holmes in the Steelers' starting lineup after Pittsburgh traded Holmes to the Jets for a fifth-round pick April 12.

While Holmes was the MVP of the 2009 Super Bowl for the Steelers, his off-the-field problems included a four-game suspension at the start of this season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. At the time, he said he was "very shocked" to be traded, and said he's been looking forward to Sunday's return.

"It's been on my mind for quite some time, I just never let it play a factor until now," Holmes said. "I spent four years there. It's definitely time to show these guys, 'Why let me go?'"

Although Holmes leads the Jets with 68.9 receiving yards per game, New York's offense hasn't provided much help lately.

The Jets (9-4) were held out of the end zone for the second straight game during Sunday's 10-6 home loss to Miami, dropping their second straight for the first time this season.

Coach Rex Ryan said during the third quarter he considered benching Mark Sanchez, who has four interceptions and no touchdowns in his last two games. He threw his 12th interception of the season and finished 17 of 44 for 216 yards against the Dolphins.

Despite Sanchez's struggles, Ryan intends to stick with his second-year quarterback.

"Mark is our quarterback, he's my quarterback," Ryan said Monday. "He'll always be our starting quarterback. Even if I did yank him for whatever reason, he's our quarterback. We're going to go as far as he takes us."

The Jets hope Sanchez can help lead them to their first-ever victory in Pittsburgh. The franchise is 0-7 all-time in the Steel City, including a 20-17 divisional playoff loss Jan. 15, 2005.

With Sanchez off target last Sunday, the running game fell flat as well. LaDainian Tomlinson and Shonn Greene combined for a season-low 66 rushing yards, averaging just 2.4 per carry.

Things don't figure to get any easier against the Steelers' top-ranked run defense, which is allowing 60.1 yards per game - the only team giving up fewer than 87. During its winning streak, Pittsburgh has held opponents to 53.0 yards per game on the ground.

New York's offense took another hit when right tackle Damien Woody had arthroscopic knee surgery Wednesday. He may miss the remainder of the regular season.

The Jets, who lost 45-3 to New England on Dec. 6, have slipped two games behind the Patriots in the AFC East, but they still hold a two-game lead over three teams in the wild-card chase.

New York's strength and conditioning coach, Sal Alosi, won't be on the sidelines for this one. Alosi was suspended indefinitely after deliberately tripping a Dolphins player along the sideline during a punt last weekend.

coach
12-18-2010, 12:50 AM
I analized the last meeting and noticed that Brady gets his passes of in 3 second all the time,except for play action.That doesn't give the defence much time to get to him.Double A gap blitzs would be good:yellowthumb:it's the shortest route to the QB.

And rush Gay off the edge.........he couldn't cover a chair if he was sitting on it.

Hawksgirl
12-18-2010, 02:21 AM
I watched Ben being interviewed during half-time of Thursday nights game and he was asked about Brady and the Patriots. His answer is one of the reasons I believe we are at a disadvantage when we play them. They have gotten into their heads and have been made bigger than life! I'm not saying we underestimate them; they are well coached and have a strong QB (though i disdain both), but they are beatable. I just don't see that confidence needed when facing them. Brady isn't Superman and once they humanize him advantage goes back to 0.

pimplydan
12-18-2010, 03:20 AM
Hawkgirl I saw the interview and I disagree with you.Ben just wants to make the steeler play the underdog role.It's a tactical approach in making you opponent feal like their better than you.
Ben and he's teammate know they can beat the Pats and cross thier fingers for a chance to in the playoffs.

SteelDad
12-18-2010, 08:23 AM
The idea that any team is in the heads of another falls on one guy, the head coach. If Tomlin says things in private that the team takes as defeating, then you're correct, we'll never beat the Pats. Tomlin and especially LeBeau have to make sure the right things are said, but IMO, our team has too many seasoned vets to think NE is unbeatable. With the possible exception of Bill Gay of course who still sees "Gronkowski" in his dreams.