PDA

View Full Version : Some more thought on this weekends Scenarios...(GOOD POST)

Troyisabeast_43
12-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Now these are some copies I got off the Steelers website of what the guys on there who probably know these scenarios better then I do want to happen and what they think would be best to happen to help the Steelers out. This has a lot of good **** in it check it out and let me know what some of you think.

Ok so just to clarify, assuming we go 9-7, the teams we have tie breakers over, assuming they go 9-7, would be, KC, Denver(If Kc finishes 9-7 as well), Tennessee, Jacksonville(If Tennessee finishes 9-7 as well), and the Jets? And the teams we dont have tie breakers over are Denver(IF Kansas city doesnt finish 9-7), the bungles, jacksonville(If Tennesse doesn't finish 9-7 as well), and the Bills? Lemme know if im accurate with this cause if it werent for these posts id be completely out of the loop
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this one is new to me: we have the tie-breaker over jacksonville if tennessee goes 9-7? is this accurate? i know we have the tie-breaker over denver if kansas city goes 9-7, this works in the jacksonville/ten
tennessee scenario as well? (i believe it has to do with who, between jak/ten has the better division record, correct?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just checking this and it appears as if we would. Tennessee would eliminate Jacksonville because of a better division record. Then we'd knock out Tennesee the same way that KC would knock out Denver for us in that scenario.

Ok so just to clarify, assuming we go 9-7, the teams we have tie breakers over, assuming they go 9-7, would be, KC, Denver(If Kc finishes 9-7 as well), Tennessee, Jacksonville(If Tennessee finishes 9-7 as well), and the Jets? And the teams we dont have tie breakers over are Denver(IF Kansas city doesnt finish 9-7), the bungles, jacksonville(If Tennesse doesn't finish 9-7 as well), and the Bills? Lemme know if im accurate with this cause if it werent for these posts id be completely out of the loop

this one is new to me: we have the tie-breaker over jacksonville if tennessee goes 9-7? is this accurate? i know we have the tie-breaker over denver if kansas city goes 9-7, this works in the jacksonville/ten
tennessee scenario as well? (i believe it has to do with who, between jak/ten has the better division record, correct?)

I was just checking this and it appears as if we would. Tennessee would eliminate Jacksonville because of a better division record. Then we'd knock out Tennesee the same way that KC would knock out Denver for us in that scenario.

thought i had it all figured out until that rant. thanks! now my head hurts.

for some reason i think i want to pull for buffalo over tennessee. i don't like the idea of being in a three-way tie with tennessee and the jets as i think the jets will, more than likely, finish up 9-7 since they finish the season against oakland. i like the idea of buffalo beating tennessee and then getting smacked around at baltimore on the final week of the season as baltimore might be playing for a bye. of course, tennessee finishes up against the patsies who also might be playing for a bye (and maybe even for the division?) so, maybe it'd be best to pull for . . . i don't know. i just lost my train of thought again. i guess it'll all make sense sometime monday night after the jets lose to miami
The difference between Buf and Ten is that Buf can beat PGH with a 2-way tie, but TN can only beat PGH in a 3-way tie. PGH holds the common opps edge over TN or NYJ, but in a 3way tie there aren't enough common opps, so TN wins the 3-way on strength of victory. The Bills win any 2-way tie, with PGH, but if there is a 3- or 4-way tie the 7 conf wins would very likely eliminate PGH. Buffalo can beat out the jets even if the Jets finish 9-7, if the jets lose to Miami. Buff is much stronger challenge to PGH than Ten.

House of Steel
12-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Boy, this is mind blowing trying to figure it out. You really need to be hired by ESPN or the NFL NETWORK. Great job!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2006, 11:10 PM
My head hurts just from reading and trying to understand all the scenario's, I can't imagine how yours must feel :lol:

augustashark
12-20-2006, 02:27 AM
buk buk what?

good posts Troy. I myself enjoy them.

AZ_Steeler
12-20-2006, 02:43 AM
:scratch: Can you dram me a picture I am more of a visual person?

LatrobePA
12-20-2006, 11:13 AM
The rats will go down this weekend, you know what they say about paybacks!!

TampaSteelGirl
12-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Hey!! I know you!! Now we can really have some fun!! OH yes the Ravens are definately going down baby!!!! I can't wait! The perfect Christmas present for all of us!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2006, 11:59 AM
I cannot wait for this game, the Steeler Addict contingent will be there in force and leading the charge to Down the Ratbirds !!!! We've won 5-6 and the Ratbirds are up next on the chopping block !

House of Steel
12-20-2006, 12:22 PM
WE ARE GOING TO DESTROY THE RATBIRDS and make a feast out of them. Time to serve up a plate full of CROWS. BATTER UP!!!!! I can just see us lay them down 6 feet under. I want someone to bury McNair once and for all. Layout Ray Ray and Jamal, the Lewis twins.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Hell yeah, we owe them that much and then some !!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Great job Troy but you lost me half through it. I started getting a head ache reading it.lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2006, 01:34 PM
I think we all get headaches trying to figure this out...mainly because we're not used to having to figure it out. Usually we're in a position where we either control our own destiny or we only need alittle bit of help. This year we need more help than ever before.

TampaSteelGirl
12-20-2006, 02:33 PM
I truly believe that if we bring the last 2 games to this game on Christmas eve there is no way we can lose..we are rollin! I think we will be feared now..I'd love to see us make history once again!!! :helmet:

Captcoolhand
12-20-2006, 02:41 PM
If only they could've been playing like this from the Beginning:scratch:

TampaSteelGirl
12-20-2006, 02:56 PM
I know...I'm just so glad that IF it has to end now, we went out like the champions we are!! :tt02: I knew they could do it, I just think Ben's eggs were scrambled for awhile and everyone was out of sync...Love to see this kind of Steeler football being played...THIS...I can live with!!

Captcoolhand
12-20-2006, 03:08 PM
I like Just seeing Ben start Running last week like He use too! At the Beginning of the year he was like seeing images of Windshieds on Defences helmets and he would stand the like a Deer in Blinding lights:banging:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Yes that run by Ben was excellent, and since he's not done it much this year; nobody expected it. That's the Ben we all love seeing.

Captcoolhand
12-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Yes that run by Ben was excellent, and since he's not done it much this year; nobody expected it. That's the Ben we all love seeing.
:clap: :clap: :clap: I second that!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Better late than never right ! :lol:

Captcoolhand
12-20-2006, 03:49 PM
I'll say because i was starting to get worried there for a Minute