PDA

View Full Version : Which Steelers should go to the pro bowl?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Right now I'm thinking you have to highly consider the following: (you can vote for as many as you want in the poll)

Timmons
Harrison
Farrior
Hampton
Polamalu
Taylor
Heath Miller
Wallace
Pouncey
Adams

The way that Woodley has been playing the last month he has to get some consideration too. He hasn't had the stats all year consistently but here of late he's coming on pretty strong.

With Gates being injured so much and Dallas Clark gone for the year early on I think Heath has a real good chance this year to finally make it.

I would say Roethlisberger as well, even with missing the first 4 games it's clear that without his crazy playmaking ability we wouldn't be 10-3 right now.

Flozell deserves some strong consideration too, he had some false start issues earlier in the year but clearly he has been a savior for a line that would be 10x worse if he wasn't there considering Colon is gone.

jnes1216
12-15-2010, 02:21 PM
I was a big Flozell hater after seeing his dismal preseason efforts, but I must say that was a good pickup by the front office. Thanks for proving me wrong, and keep it up!!!

I think Pouncey, Polamalu, and Harrison are locks but we'll see. Its such a popularity contest that the most deserving are often overlooked. See Heath Miller.

Dammit, forgot Timmons. Has LeBeau switched back to Polamalu as the "rover" type role? LT has been steady but not forefront like the earlier games.

cmerrifield
12-15-2010, 02:52 PM
If Pouncey doesnt make it I will be mad, I think Troy and Harrison are locks. Timmons deserves to go the Pro Bowl too.

Raleigh Steel
12-15-2010, 02:55 PM
If Pouncey doesnt make it I will be mad, I think Troy and Harrison are locks. Timmons deserves to go the Pro Bowl too.

those are the 4 that i voted for.

jnes1216
12-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Miller has only one TD but what a stud. It pains me to think he will not make it compared to the other pass happy TEs. Guaranteed the general public does not know Dallas Clark has been injured and will receive the majority of votes.

DanRooney
12-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Heath Miller hasn't done anything all year in terms of the passing game...I'm not going to check but I think Gates' stats make his look pathetic despite missing a boatload of games.

--- Added 12/15/2010 at 02:01 PM ---

I agree. The two that should make it that probably won't are Pouncey and Timmons. Let's make sure everyone here votes for those two.

jnes1216
12-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Heath Miller hasn't done anything all year in terms of the passing game...I'm not going to check but I think Gates' stats make his look pathetic despite missing a boatload of games.

that's why i said "pass happy". You can't fault the guy cuz he has to stay in and block for the "who's up next" offensive line. Still deserving imo, if Gates blocked he'd be out of the lineup a lot more.

steelersbabex25
12-15-2010, 04:22 PM
If Pouncey does not make it into the probowl, there truely is no justice in the world.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Heath will never go to the pro bowl based on stats. Gates and Clark will always make it over him. He should go though based on his importance to the offense and the fact that when he does get the ball he is money every time. If he is ever going to make it, this would be the year since those 2 guys are either gone or have missed a lot of games.

LarryNJ
12-15-2010, 04:28 PM
I was a big Flozell hater after seeing his dismal preseason efforts, but I must say that was a good pickup by the front office. Thanks for proving me wrong, and keep it up!!!

A good pick? yes...Pro Bowler? Hell no.

jnes1216
12-15-2010, 04:40 PM
A good pick? yes...Pro Bowler? Hell no.

No way pro bowler, just giving him kudos.

--- Added 12/15/2010 at 02:40 PM ---

Heath will never go to the pro bowl based on stats. Gates and Clark will always make it over him. He should go though based on his importance to the offense and the fact that when he does get the ball he is money every time. If he is ever going to make it, this would be the year since those 2 guys are either gone or have missed a lot of games.

Can you think of any other TEs other than Ozzie and Kellen Winslow back in the day? Maybe Carmichael and D. Clark. But its a shame TEs are only recognized for their stats, they have a such an impact on the offense but go unnoticed much like off. lineman. I agree, stats will not be in the favor of Miller, pisser cuz he deserves more.

Rampage
12-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Polamalu and Harrison each have a good shot and I think Woodley has a chance if he continues playing the way he is. I don't see any other clear front runners.

scott0326
12-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Ike
Polamalu
Harrison
Timmons
Pouncey
Hampton

SnakeEyes43
12-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Troy, Timmons, Pouncey, and Harrison should be locks. Others may be Woodley, Hampton, Ike, Wallace, and maybe Miller. I doubt the latter group will make it.

igor0190
12-15-2010, 05:10 PM
No way pro bowler, just giving him kudos.

--- Added 12/15/2010 at 02:40 PM ---

Can you think of any other TEs other than Ozzie and Kellen Winslow back in the day? Maybe Carmichael and D. Clark. But its a shame TEs are only recognized for their stats, they have a such an impact on the offense but go unnoticed much like off. lineman. I agree, stats will not be in the favor of Miller, pisser cuz he deserves more.

IMO
Vernon Davis probably the most complete blocking and pass catching TE in the league. Guys like Witten and Miller can be mentioned, however they are not exactly studs when it comes to running after the catch.

Gates, and D. Clark are primarily pass catchers with only average at best blocking skills.

The pro-bowl is a fan and media popularity contest, not a true reflection of who is the best.

--- Added 12/15/2010 at 03:10 PM ---

Troy, Timmons, Pouncey, and Harrison should be locks. Others may be Woodley, Hampton, Ike, Wallace, and maybe Miller. I doubt the latter group will make it.

:plus1:

Do 2 centers make it? or just 1? b/c obviously they'll give one to Mangold.

jnes1216
12-15-2010, 05:13 PM
IMO
Vernon Davis probably the most complete blocking and pass catching TE in the league. Guys like Witten and Miller can be mentioned, however they are not exactly studs when it comes to running after the catch.

The pro-bowl is a fan and media popularity contest, not a true reflection of who is the best.

I'll agree Miller has no skills when running after the catch. lol.
He does manage to always go forward though.

jpele
12-15-2010, 09:56 PM
For what the Pro Bowl stands for (popurlarity contest driven by the media) every Steeler should go.:eek1:

James Harrison better get the vote,he needs to earn some of his fine money back.:lol:

LatrobePA
12-15-2010, 11:57 PM
I think Bruce Arians is a lock for the Toilet Bowl!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2010, 09:16 AM
As long as we aren't coaching in the pro bowl, that's the important thing :lol:

manofsteel
12-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Im liking Timmons Troy and then Pouncey

jpele
12-16-2010, 02:34 PM
As long as we aren't coaching in the pro bowl, that's the important thing :lol:

:plus1:

airbrake 1
12-16-2010, 07:21 PM
farrior ,timmons, harrison,hampton and pouncey... i really hope pouncey makes it but probably mangold and mack get the center positions in the afc, but since he has made such a splash as a rookie at a position most didn't think a rookie could excel at, perhaps he will get the call...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2010, 05:26 PM
I think Flozell would have a real good chance but based on how bad the Steeler OL has been since all the injuries started around week 5 I don't know how much of a chance he has.

andyg1984
12-17-2010, 06:22 PM
troy and harrison better be there ... pouncey should get a special bid :)

Zachintosh66
12-17-2010, 09:01 PM
IMO Timmons deserves before Harrison