PDA

View Full Version : The Pittsburgh Afterthought: Steelers to Finish Third in AFC North

jpele
12-14-2010, 07:01 PM
The Steelers smell like a team in decline to me. I have the utmost respect for their organization and even though I dislike them, I admit they know how to stay competitive. I don't see Pittsburgh rolling over and slipping to a five or six-win season, but the mystique just isn't there anymore. Maybe it's the troubles and the suspensions they've recently incurred, but I think it's more than that.

I think they have become an old team in key spots and are led by only a decent coach. I think they have a franchise quarterback who is no longer loved in the their city and whose style of play will cut his career short regardless of where he ends up. I think they have limited receiver options which was a problem that plagued the Bengals' season in '09. But beyond all of that, I think they are simply outclassed by two other divisional opponents, and that can be tough to overcome for any team, no matter how storied or revered.

Thanks to The Steel Curtain on facebook:

June 18 2010 (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2010/6/18/1524827/the-pittsburgh-afterthought)

aaronsmith91
12-14-2010, 09:02 PM
haha yeah that is funny

SteelDad
12-14-2010, 10:29 PM
And that's why they're called PREdictions.....:popcorn:

Farrior Fan
12-14-2010, 10:53 PM
yeah those Bengals just have too much talent for us this year.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-14-2010, 11:00 PM
scuuze me.

Lunchbucket
12-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Got to show some love for the "EXPERTS",cause ya know they know everything LOL

Farrior Fan
12-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Rivers of Steel - I was kidding

I need to go back and find the Facebook post I made before the season started basically laughing at pre season power rankings. They had us around 15 saying we would be lucky to be 2-2 after 4 weeks. I knew we were better, but I thought we would have to find a way into the playoffs at the end of the year. Instead we have the inside track on a 1st round bye. Glad I was wrong.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2010, 11:59 PM
That's the experts get paid the big bucks right...

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Rivers of Steel - I was kidding

I need to go back and find the Facebook post I made before the season started basically laughing at pre season power rankings. They had us around 15 saying we would be lucky to be 2-2 after 4 weeks. I knew we were better, but I thought we would have to find a way into the playoffs at the end of the year. Instead we have the inside track on a 1st round bye. Glad I was wrong.

hey, they probably still can't believe we are #2 behind the nu england cheatriots. lol. i rest my case and thanks for the reminder.