PDA

View Full Version : Getting sick of the negativity

Steelers_All_Day_43
12-13-2010, 07:13 PM
So tired of hearing that we will lose to the pats in the playoffs. I realize the pats are the best team right now, but can we please stop. You guys sound like Browns fans....

steelersbabex25
12-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Bro, it's called honesty. You can't come on here and say, "yeah we're gonna smack the Pats in the playoffs," cause that just isn't true. Most people on here aren't homer fans. You're gonna hear a lot of that criticism so I would get used to it.

igor0190
12-13-2010, 07:20 PM
10-3 almost have a playoff spot clinched! :banana:

Steelers_All_Day_43
12-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Bro, it's called honesty. You can't come on here and say, "yeah we're gonna smack the Pats in the playoffs," cause that just isn't true. Most people on here aren't homer fans. You're gonna hear a lot of that criticism so I would get used to it.

Never said there won't be criticism nor did I say we will destroy the pats. I just hate people saying flat out "We will lose."

Troyisabeast_43
12-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Never said there won't be criticism nor did I say we will destroy the pats. I just hate people saying flat out "We will lose."

I here you brotha I am getting kind of sick of it too...The Steelers are going to the AFC Championship game and you heard it here first they will beat the Patriots in Foxborough on their way to Dallas...

steelersbabex25
12-13-2010, 07:32 PM

We will if the Pats don't stop cheating..

Goodfrom55
12-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Serios attention needs to be paid to New England, but soft defense or not, Steelers put up 26 points on them and really didn't play all that well last time.

Just have to make sure Gronkowski is accounted for, have Ike take away Branch, and tey top take away the dink and dunk crap. Easier said than done, but I honestly don't believe the Pats want to see the Steelers again, not even Fabio Brady.

ctsteelah
12-13-2010, 08:14 PM
I watch the Pats every week and (although I hate them more than any professional team) they really do a nice job custom preparing for each team each week). It is really difficult to see what they are going to do by formation and personnel whereas the Steelers (except for this past week) are pretty predictable.

Of course it helps to have an Oline like he has but come on... Morehead & Branch are guys that would not even make our team.

Even if you stop them on one drive Brady is there looking at the photos and is adjusting for the next series. We adjust maybe maybe during the game.

He burns the blitz and man with Welker and he kills you in zone. I wish I had an answer but it comes down to disruption with the least number of committed rushers or maybe use the firezone blitz like the Giants? I dont know...

LarryNJ
12-13-2010, 08:24 PM
I agree with you, all the negativity, conspiracy theories, they are out to get us, Pats found another way to cheat... ( but we don't know how) ect. is getting really old.

Let's think positive! GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!

Diamondhead
12-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Dateline: January 23rd, 2010

AFC Championship

...A cold wind sweeps across the field, sending a wave of freshly fallen snow down Tom Brady's jersey. He shivers uncontrollably from the sudden shock of cold against his bruised, aching body. A lone lineman helps him up from the turf after a devastating Troy Polamalu sack and fumble return for TD.

With watery eyes, Brady looks solemnly at the game clock, blankly reading zero. At the opposite end of the field, the Steeler team piles on Troy in frenzied celebration. Brady's eyes grudgingly shift towards the scoreboard at Foxborough. The icy digital numerals burn into his conscience the reality that there will be no trip to the superbowl this year...

Steelers 27
Patriots 20

steelersbabex25
12-13-2010, 08:31 PM

AFC Championship

...A cold wind sweeps across the field, sending a wave of freshly fallen snow down Tom Brady's jersey. He shivers uncontrollably from the sudden shock of cold against his bruised, aching body. A lone lineman helps him up from the turf after a devastating Troy Polamalu sack and fumble return for TD.

With watery eyes, Brady looks solemnly at the game clock, blankly reading zero. At the opposite end of the field, the Steeler team piles on Troy in frenzied celebration. Brady's eyes grudgingly shift towards the scoreboard at Foxborough. The icy digital numerals burn into his conscience the reality that there will be no trip to the superbowl this year...

Steelers 27
Patriots 20

This already happened? Damn, I must have missed it. What a shame, sounds like an awesome ending. :hehheh:

Diamondhead
12-13-2010, 08:45 PM
LOL, leave it to a Jeff Reed fan to screw up the date!:lol:

Steelers_All_Day_43
12-13-2010, 09:20 PM

AFC Championship

Steelers 27
Patriots 20Thats awesome

SteelDad
12-13-2010, 09:35 PM
The negativity comes with the territory. What evidence do we currently have to convince anyone that we could beat the Pats right now? None. Yes, our defense might keep us in the game, but our offense is brutal right now. With all this said, today is today. Get me to a date in late January and then we can analyze what chances we have because who knows what could happen between now and then.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2010, 09:46 PM
The Pats are rolling right now. They have dispatched all the good teams so far that they've played recently. That being said, perhaps we're getting hot at the right time too so you can never say never. If we meet them again we'll have our hands full but it's not a guaranteed loss by any stretch. It will take an epic game on our part but it can be done.

K Train
12-14-2010, 12:05 AM
pats own the steelers in the playoffs until further notice....id rather not see them play NE for my heart

Blazedby92
12-14-2010, 06:04 AM
We can beat them BUT what makes you think we can, they own us as said above.

Raleigh Steel
12-14-2010, 06:52 AM
in 2005 i thought nobody could beat the colts. after they dismantled us in the regular season i didn't feel we had much of a shot in the playoffs (don't confuse that for not supporting the team 100%)...then before you knew it we were up 14-0 and our defense was making manning look like a freshman in high school.

...it could happen again...just saying!

to be honest with you, winning the super bowl would be 100 times sweeter if we were to go through new england to get it!

coldrolled
12-14-2010, 08:06 AM
So tired of hearing that we will lose to the pats in the playoffs. I realize the pats are the best team right now, but can we please stop. You guys sound like Browns fans....

We all hate to lose, but you need to tell us how we will beat them. a few pointers to lets us know how we are going to out score them... we scored 0 TD's aginst the 2-11 bengals.

it seems the only team that will beat the pats will be in a shootout like 35-34 or something... the pats have 0 holding calls per game and brady stands there on his island and destroys you. so how will ben out score him?

i say fire arians, hire josh and beat the pats... arians will be gone anyway after the playoffs.

whats your idea?

--- Added 12/14/2010 at 07:06 AM ---

Clark says this about the offense...

"But we know we need to score more points. Those guys are working on it. It's crazy because we moved the ball. We move the ball on people. We clearly have the talent and I think they'll get it going."

IMO... We have the talent too, it just isnt running right... Fire BA.

BLACKnGOLD58
12-14-2010, 08:34 AM
We all hate to lose, but you need to tell us how we will beat them. a few pointers to lets us know how we are going to out score them... we scored 0 TD's aginst the 2-11 bengals.

it seems the only team that will beat the pats will be in a shootout like 35-34 or something... the pats have 0 holding calls per game and brady stands there on his island and destroys you. so how will ben out score him?

i say fire arians, hire josh and beat the pats... arians will be gone anyway after the playoffs.

whats your idea?

--- Added 12/14/2010 at 07:06 AM ---

Clark says this about the offense...

"But we know we need to score more points. Those guys are working on it. It's crazy because we moved the ball. We move the ball on people. We clearly have the talent and I think they'll get it going."

IMO... We have the talent too, it just isnt running right... Fire BA.

I've had that image in my head for the longest time....the day I read the post-gazette and see "Arians Has Been Fired" lol lets hope that happens......with our luck, the steelers offense will finally start playing well and we'll end the season on a high note, and Tomlin will be stuck up Arians a**

Farrior Fan
12-14-2010, 11:02 AM
:plus1:
The negativity comes with the territory. What evidence do we currently have to convince anyone that we could beat the Pats right now? None. Yes, our defense might keep us in the game, but our offense is brutal right now. With all this said, today is today. Get me to a date in late January and then we can analyze what chances we have because who knows what could happen between now and then.
:plus1:

who knows, maybe BA could miss the exit for the airport and miss the flight to Foxboro. Jumping into his car he will find his way to Baltimore and hop on I95 South. By the time he gets to Georgia he will realize that he is going the wrong way and the game is in the 3rd quarter. Furiously he dials Coach T's cell phone which Tomlin has an assistant answer. The assistant has been coached that if BA calls to ignore his request to run up the gut on 2nd and 27. Hey it could happen, and hopefully it does.

Or even better Giselle finds Tommie Boy cheating on her and she pulls a Mrs. Tiger Woods and wraps a 9 iron around his skull. Well this one is totally unrealistic because who would cheat on that?

I cannot wait for the playoffs....I still really hope someone can knock off the Pats before the AFC championship game.

lloydfan4life
12-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Or even better Giselle finds Tommie Boy cheating on her and she pulls a Mrs. Tiger Woods and wraps a 9 iron around his skull. Well this one is totally unrealistic because who would cheat on that?

:dunno: rumor has it he prefers a hairy ***... so I don't think option #2 is totally out of the question.

LatrobePA
12-14-2010, 12:33 PM
:dunno: rumor has it he prefers a hairy ***... so I don't think option #2 is totally out of the question.

Yes sir! He's behind center in the shower!!

SteelCityKid5
12-14-2010, 02:52 PM
pats own the steelers in the playoffs until further notice....id rather not see them play NE for my heart

Thats all you need to know

Also, I love how people continue to bust Bradys balls when in all actuality he OWNS us.. give credit where credits due... Steeler fans are probably the last fans who should be making fun of him

LarryNJ
12-14-2010, 02:59 PM
The biggest difference between the 2 teams is the O-line...theirs is great, ours is well not so good.

lloydfan4life
12-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Also, I love how people continue to bust Bradys balls when in all actuality he OWNS us.. give credit where credits due... Steeler fans are probably the last fans who should be making fun of him

5lk-wWUQKBg&feature=related

That's okay.... you give Brady the ball swabbin'. I think I'll just go ahead and continue to make fun of him. :yellowthumb:

SteelCityKid5
12-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Youre really only embarrassing yourself and you dont even realize it. You have no legitimate reason to say he sucks. It's called objectivity, you should try it homer. :yellowthumb:

steelchamp204
12-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Pats own the steelers until proven otherwise, its not negativity, its the truth. Not trying to be negative but when a team has your number, and for a long time, its kinda hard to think positive on a game against the pats. Do I root for my steelers, **** YEA.

lloydfan4life
12-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Youre really only embarrassing yourself and you dont even realize it. You have no legitimate reason to say he sucks. It's called objectivity, you should try it homer. :yellowthumb:

Embarrassing myself by saying Brady sucks? It's embarrassing that you're unable to read before throwing names around at someone. Show me one post where I said Brady sucks.

... and how the hell do you label me being a homer by making fun of Brady?

:rofl: nice try.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Pats own the steelers until proven otherwise, its not negativity, its the truth. Not trying to be negative but when a team has your number, and for a long time, its kinda hard to think positive on a game against the pats. Do I root for my steelers, **** YEA.

Overall they have gotten the better of us in recent history on many occasions, and this year they took us down hard. If we see them again we will hope that Lebeau and Arians will have a game plan ready for them. Yes I did say Hope! :duh:

Brady has complete command of that offense and until you prove you can stop their short passing game they will continue to use and abuse the competition. You're damn right I will cheer for them and I will not go down as saying we would definitely lose either.

SteelCityKid5
12-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Oh jeez "make fun of" and "suck" its the same difference... My point still is he owns us and as a fan base we should shut up when it comes to Brady. We cannot back ourselves up at all with anything when it comes to him and the Pats this decade.

steeldoc
12-14-2010, 06:20 PM
They are hotter than the Steelers and healthier as well going into the playoffs. Jesus Brady passed for almost 400 yards last week in a snow storm, made it look easy. Yes they can be had, but it will be tough, very tough.

coach
12-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Objectivity is one thing, but I think we all have teams/players/owners we like to give credit to and other teams we won't, no matter what they accomplish, because we despise them. Rightly or wrongly, I am not going to take time to say anything good about:
Manning/Colts
Brady/Pats
Flako/Rats
Jones/Cowgirls

Everyone probably has their own list for their own reasons.

Even the most objective fans have people and teams they don't like and the reasons for those feelings are probably pretty subjective. If I was a fan of one of the NFC West teams, I probably wouldn't hate the Rats so much (although I am addicted to this one).

Are guys like Bullock and Johnson good football players? Maybe, but, I doubt anyone in here would have said much about their abilities the week they mistreated the terrible towel on TV.

All things in moderation (even subjectivity).

steelersbabex25
12-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Oh jeez "make fun of" and "suck" its the same difference...

How do you figure?

Steel Trap86
12-14-2010, 08:53 PM
I would rather see the Steelers play the Chargers or Ravens in the AFC title game, the last team I want them to see is the Patriots but it's looks like that's where we're headed.

ctsteelah
12-14-2010, 08:59 PM
What is also getting my blood boiling is about all the so called experts are back in bed with the Pats* and even go so far to mention that each Super Bowl won by the Steelers this past decade did not go through the Pats*.

This absolutely kills me...

Farrior Fan
12-14-2010, 10:10 PM
What is also getting my blood boiling is about all the so called experts are back in bed with the Pats* and even go so far to mention that each Super Bowl won by the Steelers this past decade did not go through the Pats*.

This absolutely kills me...

I only heard this once and yes it made my blood boil. If they were so great that season they eventually would have met us in the playoffs. My brain tells me that we cannot beat them this season, but my emotional side says bring em on and lets go to battle in the AFC Championship game and we can win with the right gameplan. There is no debate that we have the superior defense and we all know that D wins championships....usually.

Real Deal Steel
12-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Don't worry about all the Patriot love right now. Let them have their say. Because being the best right now means absolutely nothing. Being the best in 5 weeks is when it counts.

Remember, the sky was falling a month ago when the Pats lost to the Browns. A month later, their the toeast of the town.

My point is,..a lot can happen in a month.

jnes1216
12-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Objectivity is one thing, but I think we all have teams/players/owners we like to give credit to and other teams we won't, no matter what they accomplish, because we despise them. Rightly or wrongly, I am not going to take time to say anything good about:
Manning/Colts
Brady/Pats
Flako/Rats
Jones/Cowgirls

Everyone probably has their own list for their own reasons.

).

Some people you just love to hate. It's hard for me to say I respect a team when I hate them so much like the Patriots. What are you going to do? Go back on your own feelings? No, you hate them and that's the way it is. They are one helluva of a football team but I can't wait to see them lose. I almost thrive on them losing.

coldrolled
12-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Some people you just love to hate. It's hard for me to say I respect a team when I hate them so much like the Patriots. What are you going to do? Go back on your own feelings? No, you hate them and that's the way it is. They are one helluva of a football team but I can't wait to see them lose. I almost thrive on them losing.

What makes you hate the Pats is Brady stands around and passes with no pressure.
The OL never holds, the OL always blocks right on screens. 92 and 56 cant seem to find brady.

So is the OL always perfect, every player well selected for their position... Or is it the HC/OC calling the right plays to make the OL look untouchable?? Is the play action from Brady just to smooth... Or is the Short pass and play action mixed up just right to keep any teams D off Brady...

:imho: Its the HC & OC making it happen. With a good QB in Brady & Welker.

So we hate them... Because we cant be like them. If we were half that offense, noone would want to play the Steelers ever... :cope:

jnes1216
12-15-2010, 12:10 PM
What makes you hate the Pats is Brady stands around and passes with no pressure.
The OL never holds, the OL always blocks right on screens. 92 and 56 cant seem to find brady.

So we hate them... Because we cant be like them. If we were half that offense, noone would want to play the Steelers ever... :cope:

no argument here

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2010, 08:11 PM
We'll see what kind of negativity we can erase this weekend. The Jets, even though they are on a 2 game losing streak, are still a force in the AFC. Losing now would undo what we have done the last 2 weeks to get ahead of and stay ahead of the Ravens in the division. Until we are assured of the division crown and the highest seed possible in the post season it has to be a must win situation.

Play like your lives depended on it and for God sakes score some TD's.

Goodfrom55
12-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Put Brady behind the Steelers O-line, and he would be in traction. It's not a glorious position, but the offense goes as the offensive line's ability to block goes. . .or not.

coldrolled
12-16-2010, 07:03 AM
Put Brady behind the Steelers O-line, and he would be in traction. It's not a glorious position, but the offense goes as the offensive line's ability to block goes. . .or not.

good one, reverse that, have the Pats OC call his plays and game plan for Ben, would ben be better? would the OL look stronger? i bet it would...

coach
12-18-2010, 12:57 AM

That is hilarious. Have you seen his tape from the combine? He looks like the kid who used to get beat up in high school.

pimplydan
12-18-2010, 03:39 AM
Yes the Pats are on fire right now and they did just beat us that"s O.K.but the steelers are a playoff team and this year we are going to beat them in Foxborough in the championship game.
They are going to be favourites and that's just the way we like it.The steelers are the better team,the thing is we,not like them,just haven't peeked yet.
Remind me to tell you:I told you so :when it happens
This coming from pimplydan......................................... ..............PIMP:yellowthumb:

Woodson_DownUnder
12-19-2010, 02:00 AM
The Pats are rolling right now. They have dispatched all the good teams so far that they've played recently. That being said, perhaps we're getting hot at the right time too so you can never say never. If we meet them again we'll have our hands full but it's not a guaranteed loss by any stretch. It will take an epic game on our part but it can be done.

I agree wholeheartedly. They only required a bunch of plays in the second and third quarters along with "sloppy Steelers D" to get them the jumpstart they needed, otherwise the Steelers are a chance if we play a smart game = playcalling that demands positive yards.

Dean Denton
12-19-2010, 02:11 AM
That is hilarious. Have you seen his tape from the combine? He looks like the kid who used to get beat up in high school.I wish I went to high school with that guy, I would have beat on him all day. I bet he would have stayed away from the wrestlers like he stayed away from the weight room....I still want him in the cage.

Clevelandsux
12-22-2010, 09:01 AM

Well Green bay with Matt Flynn almost beat them. The Browns pounded them. But, The steelers aren't playing good football right now. Until there offense can start putting up points, and Bruce Arians can get his head out of his *** I don't see us going very far.

I HATE the Patriots! But, lets face it they are in a league of there own right now. Right now I don't see anyone beating them. They also destroyed very good Bears and Jets teams as well. But anything can happen.

Hey in 2005 nobody thought anyone could beat the Colts. We did! But our recent history vs the Patriots has not been good.