PDA

View Full Version : Jim Nantz and Phil Simms...

Troyisabeast_43
12-13-2010, 04:15 PM
This might sound like a crazy stat and I have done extensive research on this but going back to the 2005 regular season and regular season only when these 2 guys do the play by play for our game the Steelers are 4-14. And guess who will be doing our game Sunday versus the Jets?? You got it Nantz and Simms. Now when these two guys call our games in the playoffs going back to the 2005 and 2008 seasons the Steelers won their 2 Super Bowls the Steelers are 4-0. So maybe they are goodluck in the playoffs and bad luck in the regular season who knows... But as far as them doing our games in the regular season are record is absolutely horrible in the regular season when these two call our games... Another example I will use to prove this right is this season the Steelers have played 8 games this season on CBS and are 7-1 in those games with the only loss coming against the Ravens on October 3rd where guess who did the play by play in the game?? Jim Nantz and Phil Simms. You guys can take this for what it's worth and it might not mean anything all I am saying is the stats dont lie about their horrific 4-14 regular season record when these 2 call our games. Just makes me a bit more nervous on Sunday for the Jets game knowing they will be doing this game...

igor0190
12-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Well they are soooo bad at what they do I could totally see them having an impact on the outcome of the game! :lol:

LarryNJ
12-13-2010, 04:46 PM
This might sound like a crazy stat

It doesn't surprise me that you know this. :) Are you a gambler?

Goodfrom55
12-13-2010, 04:50 PM
As much as I try not to read into this stuff, when they do the Steelers games (except for playoffs), Steelers usually don't fare well. Hopefully we are catching the Jets in a freefall and the poor play continues this week.

Troyisabeast_43
12-13-2010, 04:53 PM
It doesn't surprise me that you know this. :) Are you a gambler?

Haha I am actually and I fare very well in a lot of the games I bet in with point spreads and things like that...

steelersbabex25
12-13-2010, 04:59 PM
On the bright side, this means the game will be on TV in MD? Yeah? :lol:

Farrior Fan
12-13-2010, 05:13 PM
I read zero into most stats like this

Clevelandsux
12-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Either listen to them, or listen to Cris Collinsworth gargle on Tom Brady's penis.

steelersbabex25
12-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Either listen to them, or listen to Cris Collinsworth gargle on Tom Brady's penis.

Decisions, decisions.

Blazedby92
12-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Man you have more useless but interesting stats then ESPN, LOL
You analyze everything don't you?

KSSteelerfan
12-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Phil Simms waffles more than an IHOP chef at lunch rush calling games..

Goodfrom55
12-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Man you have more useless but interesting stats then ESPN, LOL
You analyze everything don't you?

Perhaps his new handle could be "CliffClavenSteeler".

I heard the Mesopotamians were Steelers fans too.

LOL.

LarryNJ
12-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Perhaps his new handle could be "CliffClavenSteeler".

I heard the Mesopotamians were Steelers fans too.

LOL.

:lol:

Don't stop though 43..it's more entertaining than many things on here. :yellowthumb:

Goodfrom55
12-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Agreed, keep up the excellent work.

SteelDad
12-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Did you hear these two on Sunday in Chicago? I know the Pats are hot right now, but I was pretty sure that Nantz and Simms were going to meet Brady in the locker room for a post game game of grab-***. It's absolutely pathetic.

lloydfan4life
12-13-2010, 10:58 PM
yeah... but what's the stat if nantz and simms are doing play by play but you turn the volume off and listen to the Steeler radio broadcast while watching the game on tv? :greengrin:

Dean Denton
12-14-2010, 02:32 AM
Jim Nantz and Phil Simms... These guys called the AFC Championship game Ben's rookie year.

Blazedby92
12-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Jim Nantz and Phil Simms... These guys called the AFC Championship game Ben's rookie year.

Does that mean that they were probably the ones video tapeing for the Pats:thinking:

Rampage
12-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Quite possibly the worst announcing crew available. Philatio Simms and his nuthuggery of any popular team is unbearable. Thank God for the mute button.

Troyisabeast_43
12-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Im telling you I know it has nothing to do with what takes place on the field what so ever but keep the Nantz and Simms factor in the back of your mind while this game is going on. Going 4-14 with them calling our games over the last 5 regular seasons has me worried. Im sure it's just pure coincidence but whatever the case might be the Steelers just do not seem to win and play well when these two do our games they just dont the numbers dont lie...

jnes1216
12-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Decisions, decisions.

Good one!

I think Charles Davis is the best and love to hear his commentary. Simms blows, we all know that.

Dean Denton
12-15-2010, 04:01 AM
Does that mean that they were probably the ones video tapeing for the Pats:thinking: you for got to ask...Are they still the ones do the video taping? Because again something stinks in New England and its not the squad of rookies, its something else. hhhmmm????

jnes1216
12-15-2010, 04:09 AM
you for got to ask...Are they still the ones do the video taping? Because again something stinks in New England and its not the squad of rookies, its something else. hhhmmm????

Patriots aren't cheating. They are just well coached. Face it, (I hate them as well), but they know situational football. It's a product of the environment, they are brought up in it and they grasp the concept. Feel fortunate that the Steelers feel the same with LeBeau that the patty's feel with their gameplan. They follow the script, whereas Steelers feel the need to freelance. The discipline will come. And when it comes, lets hope it comes with a swift hand.

Blazedby92
12-15-2010, 06:06 AM
Your probably right they aren't video taping but you know as well as I do they deserve every bit of the negativity towards them when they do have success. That stuff got sweep under the rug pretty quick.

They actually have some real GRINDERS on that team now, and thats why I think they are succeeding, plus that is Belechick strength gettting the most out of guys.

BRB, going to throw up

steelersbabex25
12-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Patriots aren't cheating. They are just well coached. Face it, (I hate them as well), but they know situational football. It's a product of the environment, they are brought up in it and they grasp the concept.

That's what everyone said back in 2007. "The Patriots are just well coached. They have a lot of talent. :blah::blah::blah:" Never say never. If Josh McDaniels is willing to do it after he was in NE when they got caught, what makes anyone think that the Patriots themselves wouldn't do it again?

jnes1216
12-15-2010, 04:58 PM
That's what everyone said back in 2007. "The Patriots are just well coached. They have a lot of talent. :blah::blah::blah:" Never say never. If Josh McDaniels is willing to do it after he was in NE when they got caught, what makes anyone think that the Patriots themselves wouldn't do it again?

Because Marcia Brady is too good and he follows their EFFECTIVE game plan. You sound like a pathetic sore loser, we lost so they must be cheating. I'm not above that either, I think "how can they beat us so soundly, fair and square"? Has any allegations surfaced in KC where Peioli (whatever) is at? He was the GM if I'm not mistaken. Did it come out that McDaniels ordered the taping? That's news to me if it did and I'm not defending the guy, it was a poor hiring decision to get someone (director of filming no less) with that background. I admit they kicked our butt, will it lessen my distaste for those scumbags-no. But hopefully it will prompt the players, coaches to find a way to beat their asses next time. All the better playoff time.

Dean Denton
12-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Because Marcia Brady is too good and he follows their EFFECTIVE game plan. You sound like a pathetic sore loser, we lost so they must be cheating. I'm not above that either, I think "how can they beat us so soundly, fair and square"? Has any allegations surfaced in KC where Peioli (whatever) is at? He was the GM if I'm not mistaken. Did it come out that McDaniels ordered the taping? That's news to me if it did and I'm not defending the guy, it was a poor hiring decision to get someone (director of filming no less) with that background. I admit they kicked our butt, will it lessen my distaste for those scumbags-no. But hopefully it will prompt the players, coaches to find a way to beat their asses next time. All the better playoff time.Its not that they beat the Steelers, its how they are beating everyone else after getting crushed by the Browns. You cant say they are well coached because what they did to win 3 rings was called cheating. The only thing anyone has to go on is the past, and their past is shady, hell its covered in black clouds. They are winning games huge with a bunch of rookies and no name players. And the NFL wont bring up any allegations because they dont have proof, and they would be contradicting their previous action of sweeping it under the rug if they start throwing crap around. They want the Pats to win, it makes them (the NFL) look good about their decision to not fire the coach or put **** after the Pats SB wins. Bottom line is no one has any reason to think they are playing fair because we all know they were cheating for more then 5 years. Its not like bill belichick was this great coach before he took the job at New England, but then he gets Brady off the bench and they want to rename the Lombardi Trophy. Please, they found a loop hole and it will come out in a few years...

coach
12-15-2010, 08:44 PM

Not only would they do it again, even if the did, Goodell Castro woud destroy the evidence:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/536958-cheating-as-much-as-patriot-fans-hate-to-hear-it-spygate-may-never-go-away?search_query=video%20tape%20scandal

steelersbabex25
12-15-2010, 11:24 PM
Because Marcia Brady is too good and he follows their EFFECTIVE game plan. You sound like a pathetic sore loser, we lost so they must be cheating. I'm not above that either, I think "how can they beat us so soundly, fair and square"? Has any allegations surfaced in KC where Peioli (whatever) is at? He was the GM if I'm not mistaken. Did it come out that McDaniels ordered the taping? That's news to me if it did and I'm not defending the guy, it was a poor hiring decision to get someone (director of filming no less) with that background. I admit they kicked our butt, will it lessen my distaste for those scumbags-no. But hopefully it will prompt the players, coaches to find a way to beat their asses next time. All the better playoff time.

What could I be a sore loser about? We lost to the Patriots, what, like 6 weeks ago? I don't care about that lose anymore. I'm over it. And even if the Steelers won, I would still be suspicious about the Patriots. What I care about is this miraculous recovery of a team getting pummled by less than average teams at the beginning of the season, suddenly and seemingly over night, coming back and absolutely destroying the best teams in the league, with a team filled with rookies. You have to be an idiot to say that something doesn't sound wrong with that.

Also, you think some random camera man just randomly decided to start taping the opponents for no apparent reason? Just for fun? That's not how organizations work. All the staff members on a team don't do anything without getting directions from the head coach. You think just because Josh McDaniels came out and said, "I didn't know anything about this," that that makes it true? Please.

Dean Denton
12-16-2010, 03:46 AM
What could I be a sore loser about? We lost to the Patriots, what, like 6 weeks ago? I don't care about that lose anymore. I'm over it. And even if the Steelers won, I would still be suspicious about the Patriots. What I care about is this miraculous recovery of a team getting pummled by less than average teams at the beginning of the season, suddenly and seemingly over night, coming back and absolutely destroying the best teams in the league, with a team filled with rookies. You have to be an idiot to say that something doesn't sound wrong with that.

Also, you think some random camera man just randomly decided to start taping the opponents for no apparent reason? Just for fun? That's not how organizations work. All the staff members on a team don't do anything without getting directions from the head coach. You think just because Josh McDaniels came out and said, "I didn't know anything about this," that that makes it true? Please.I'm with you 100%. I do not trust the league on this one at all.

bigplaysteel
12-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Seeing that 4-0 in PO games, really made me feel good. I cringe a little when I find out they are doing the games. Now I know why. I had no idea it was that one sided a record.

I don't doubt they are aware of this and it actually bothers me more when they seem to go out of their way to over hype the Steelers. It just doesn't come across as genuine.

Knowing this fact actually helps. Just another hurdle for the Steelers to overcome.

Troyisabeast_43
12-19-2010, 11:33 PM
Make it 4-15 now fellas and ladies when these two ****heads call our games during the regular season since 2005. 7-2 this season on CBS and both losses this year to the Ravens and today to the Jets were when Nantz and Simms did the game...Bottom line is this Steelers team rarely wins when these 2 call the games in the regular season. 15 losses now in 19 tries over the last 5 years is a bad number....

Rampage
12-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Did anyone else get screwed by CBS for this game? Here in Phoenix they left the Chiefs and Rams on until the Chiefs took the last knee and then ran four minutes of commercials; they didn't put the Steelers on until 2:25 or so. Definitely bad mojo to start the game.