PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Offense just gets its kicks

Raleigh Steel
12-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Sweezie Money was right back at it Sunday, thumping home three more field goals in an astonishing bid for Steelers employee of the month. Not only is Shaun Suisham a perfect 9 for 9 on field goals since Jeff Reed got himself kicked to the curb, he's a perfectly identical 9 for 9 on extra points.

Moreover, Suisham has scored 31 of the Steelers' last 55 points.

So what's the bad news?

Exactly.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10347/1110345-150.stm#ixzz180u7wFUS

Rampage
12-13-2010, 12:34 PM
I'll take the wins, but it is disappointing that the Steelers have to kick everyone to death. Suisham has come up big, but it would be nice to see this team scoring. Unfortunately, I think this offensive line, or lack thereof, will make sure to prevent that.

steelersbabex25
12-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Watch Hines' post game interview. They all know they need to start scoring touchdowns. They aren't dumb.

jpele
12-13-2010, 03:07 PM
I'll take the wins, but it is disappointing that the Steelers have to kick everyone to death. Suisham has come up big, but it would be nice to see this team scoring. Unfortunately, I think this offensive line, or lack thereof, will make sure to prevent that.

Yes it's disappointing not scoring points but there's more than a bad o'line at work here. I'd say our line is equal to or slightly better than the o'lines in Buffalo and Cincinnati yet those two teams have only one holding call against them while playing Pittsburgh.

Yet week after week we watch Harrison and Woodley get dragged to the ground with no flag. These invisible holding call against us are drive killers. Not every drive is ended by penalty but three were stopped short yesterday because of flags.

coldrolled
12-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Yet week after week we watch Harrison and Woodley get dragged to the ground with no flag. These invisible holding call against us are drive killers. Not every drive is ended by penalty but three were stopped short yesterday because of flags.

Pats 4-30 yards - away in the snow.. last week 1 - 10 yards .. Brady stands in the pocket all day and they have one flag.

Steelers 9 - 89 yards at home yesterday. not as bad as the last two weeks.

Goodfrom55
12-13-2010, 03:25 PM
It's a cause for concern because the Steelers offense in the red zone, particularly down and goal to go stinks. They might as well kick a FG on 1st down to avoid risking a turnover. Something has to give, and it has to improve, especially moving towards the playoffs.

Between the 15's, great offense, but between holding penalties, predictable play calling and a "bad O-line", Steelers are in trouble if they can't find a way to get 7 instead of 3's.

coldrolled
12-13-2010, 03:55 PM
It's a cause for concern because the Steelers offense in the red zone, particularly down and goal to go stinks. They might as well kick a FG on 1st down to avoid risking a turnover. Something has to give, and it has to improve, especially moving towards the playoffs.

Between the 15's, great offense, but between holding penalties, predictable play calling and a "bad O-line", Steelers are in trouble if they can't find a way to get 7 instead of 3's.

well... 1st and goal on the 9... We have Redman and Mendy.. 4 trys into the end zone would work...

Maybe not... if all 4 trys are off the right tackle. might have to switch that up... :lol:

Goodfrom55
12-13-2010, 04:55 PM
That wildcat option would have been a nice look on 1st and goal.

Big T
12-14-2010, 01:44 AM
Steelers fans confidence is building in Suisham. It's gonna be a hard fall when he breaks our hearts in the playoffs when he misses a 23-yard game winning FG. He's been a pleasant surprise but I just know he's gonna pull a "Suisham" one of these days.

Rampage
12-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Yes it's disappointing not scoring points but there's more than a bad o'line at work here. I'd say our line is equal to or slightly better than the o'lines in Buffalo and Cincinnati yet those two teams have only one holding call against them while playing Pittsburgh.

The thing is, if I am going to buy into the conspiracy that officials are targeting the Steelers and going all Blindside on the opponents, then I would say that these players should be told to play better: They can't. This offensive line is the Achilles heel of the offense. Receiving, tight ends, running backs, and of course, the quarterback are all upper echelon. Unfortunately, they are playing behind a retread offensive line. Aside from Pouncey and to a lesser extent, Adams, I look at all of these guys as replaceable. Hell, Sears lawn furniture could probably do a better job. I know that the injury to Smith was painful this year; however, I think the other injured lineman, Max Starks, is the more important injury that will have greater repercussions related to this team's playoff success.