PDA

View Full Version : Randle El

Steel Trap86
12-13-2010, 01:40 AM
El made the dirtiest catch by any of our receivers this season. He contributes little, but the effort is still there. Like him or not he's riding this season out as a Steeler and I think he'll be a little bit more involved in the gameplan in the playoffs.

Don't care about what he hasn't done or can't do, gotta love it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNo2Aa9UTWI

Big T
12-13-2010, 02:21 AM
I'll be the first to say that I would rather have Sanders out there over El, but that was a sick ****ing catch.

Steel Trap86
12-13-2010, 02:33 AM
Oh no doubt Sanders over El. This is just appreciation for El making the sickest catch I've seen by any Steeler this season. Lots of people will probably downplay it and stick to their words on how they think of him and that's ok, but I'll be the first to give the respect to anybody that makes a play like that, especially when they've been hated on pretty much the entire season.

DanRooney
12-13-2010, 03:16 AM
Ben throwing high has been a trend since he's been back. It seems his passes are going ridiculously over the head of his receivers.

steelersbabex25
12-13-2010, 08:01 AM
That was an insane catch. Finally, Randel El did something I can be impressed with. If he keeps making catches like that I would keep him as a receiver. But please, stop letting him return anything.

LatrobePA
12-13-2010, 09:50 AM
That was an insane catch. Finally, Randel El did something I can be impressed with. If he keeps making catches like that I would keep him as a receiver. But please, stop letting him return anything.

Great catch but, I agree 10000% no more returns please!!

Root4Stlrs
12-13-2010, 09:54 AM
El made the dirtiest catch by any of our receivers this season. He contributes little, but the effort is still there. Like him or not he's riding this season out as a Steeler and I think he'll be a little bit more involved in the gameplan in the playoffs.

Don't care about what he hasn't done or can't do, gotta love it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNo2Aa9UTWI

:plus1: You could also see when Antonio Brown muffed the punt why they put Randle El back there. I like Brown a lot but that was a bonehead play.

cmerrifield
12-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Nobody expects ARE to return anything while he is back there. He is back there to either fair catch close to the end zone or let it bounce into the end zone. I dont consider those returns, but someone with sure hands catching the ball

SteelCityKid5
12-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Amazing catch still Sanders/Brown > ARE

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2010, 10:51 AM
It's no secret that the object all along was to start ARE and then work in both Brown and Sanders as the year went on. So far the plan has worked out very well, both young guys are coming along nicely and showing good signs of what they can do for us. El was brought in to be that veteran presence in the WR corp and to help with Punt returns. He has done his job, and yesterday he showed that he still has what it takes to make a big play when needed. That catch was just sick!

Root4Stlrs
12-13-2010, 11:37 AM
It's no secret that the object all along was to start ARE and then work in both Brown and Sanders as the year went on. So far the plan has worked out very well, both young guys are coming along nicely and showing good signs of what they can do for us. El was brought in to be that veteran presence in the WR corp and to help with Punt returns. He has done his job, and yesterday he showed that he still has what it takes to make a big play when needed. That catch was just sick!

:plus1: :clap:

harpo
12-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Nobody expects ARE to return anything while he is back there. He is back there to either fair catch close to the end zone or let it bounce into the end zone. I dont consider those returns, but someone with sure hands catching the ball

Exactly....

This point has been made over and over, but is still being missed for whatever reason(s).

Rampage
12-13-2010, 01:41 PM
It looks like this team is finally using ARE the way he should be used. He is no longer a main target, but he can get the job done in spot duty and with trick plays. When used properly, he is definitely an asset to the team. Unfortunately, it took them this long to figure that out.

igor0190
12-13-2010, 01:47 PM
It looks like this team is finally using ARE the way he should be used. He is no longer a main target, but he can get the job done in spot duty and with trick plays. When used properly, he is definitely an asset to the team. Unfortunately, it took them this long to figure that out.

:plus1:
El is a good set of hands to have on the field for a 4th or 5th WR. With Wallace's speed, Ward being slow, our 3rd WR can't be slow like El too. AB, and E.Sanders belong in the 3rd and 4th spots in most situations.

I loved that "wildcat" play that El ran... play action rollout, with an option to Wallace. worked like a charm.

franchise3
12-13-2010, 01:48 PM
:plus1: You could also see when Antonio Brown muffed the punt why they put Randle El back there. I like Brown a lot but that was a bonehead play.

100% agree. Even great players make stupid mistakes though.... see Troy :)

Rampage
12-13-2010, 01:49 PM
:plus1:
El is a good set of hands to have on the field for a 4th or 5th WR. With Wallace's speed, Ward being slow, our 3rd WR can't be slow like El too. AB, and E.Sanders belong in the 3rd and 4th spots in most situations.

I loved that "wildcat" play that El ran... play action rollout, with an option to Wallace. worked like a charm.

I really liked that play as well. Get that ball to Wallace and let his speed finish the play. A bright spot in an otherwise pathetic offensive outing.

Goodfrom55
12-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Randle El, came in as the #3 receiver largely on reputation and what he did last time around in Pittsburgh. He's been bumped down to the #5 guy, but the effort is definitely there when called upon, but am glad they are working Brown and Sanders into the mix more, as they are the future of the Steelers WR corps.

Like Randle El, but clearly not the 3rd best receiver on this team and I'm happy the coaching staff finally realized this.

Troyisabeast_43
12-13-2010, 04:38 PM
The wide receiving situation has shaped up just the way I had hoped it would by seasons end. I had come on here and said back in late September early October that guys like Sanders and Brown need to be 3 and 4 on the depth chart over El by the end of the season to give this offense more speed and a better chance to score more points...They both have been very solid and I look for them to be big contributors come playoff time in not only the receiving game but the return game as well where both guys have been very solid...

steeldoc
12-13-2010, 05:37 PM
He has handled his demotion with dignity, yet still is a very important member of this team. Tomlin is to be credited with this culture. Here in Baltimore, Ravens players take turns standing in front of each other...pretty selfish.

K Train
12-13-2010, 09:38 PM
catching the ball is literally his only job....i dont care how high he can jump or that he made one circus catch in his ENTIRE career he still ****ing sucks

lloydfan4life
12-13-2010, 09:48 PM
catching the ball is literally his only job....i dont care how high he can jump or that he made one circus catch in his ENTIRE career he still ****ing sucks

he didn't "****ing suck" too bad when he threw a touchdown pass to Hines in the Super Bowl. :OA02:

oh yeah.... that WAS a sick freakin catch too! :woot:

K Train
12-14-2010, 01:04 AM
that was 6 years ago and he was a decent PR back then...now he sucks

Root4Stlrs
12-14-2010, 01:35 AM
100% agree. Even great players make stupid mistakes though.... see Troy :)

Exactly. Everybody makes dumb mistakes. It's just that rookies are more apt to make them.