PDA

View Full Version : Steelers lose three players to injuries

Friday133
12-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Steelers lose three players to injuries
Tuesday, December 19, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers lost three players to injuries in their 37-3 victory against Carolina Sunday, two of them who are finished for the season.

Veteran linebacker Chad Brown's career probably is over at age 36 after the MCL in his left knee was torn. He will go on injured reserve. Special teams player Chidi Iwuoma also is likely to join him on injured reserve after surgery to repair a dislocated wrist.

Starting right tackle Max Starks had surgery on his right knee to repair a meniscus, and that will prevent him from playing at least in the next game on Sunday against Baltimore.

Post-Gazette (http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06353/747308-100.stm)

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Yeah that will probably do it for Chad, it's unfortunate cuz I know he enjoyed coming back here to Pittsburgh to play.

Now having Chidi and Max gone, that HURTS !!!! We just get Iwouma back a few ago and now he's gone again, especially against good ST like the ratbirds have. This will give Willie Colon or Trai Essex the start this week so I'd look for us to keep a TE on their side alot.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Weather you like Max or not this is a big loss. He is adequate at worst but when he's on his game he's dam good. Chidi seems like we just got him back, I don't even remember them saying he left the game. Chad your right that is probably it for him, hopefully he works hard on rehab even though he will probably never play another down. This gives him more time to eat sushi with his wife.:lol:

K Train
12-19-2006, 03:57 PM
I think essex will do okay

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2006, 04:02 PM
If Essex has gotten some work on the right side he'll step in, but Colon is the official RT so we'll see who they use...

AZ_Steeler
12-19-2006, 06:01 PM
That sucks especially for Chad and Chidi since they both recently rejoined the team! :( Starks will be missed but Essex isn't a bad replacement...