PDA

View Full Version : Troy crying?

Dean Denton
12-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Did anyone see Troy crying after he got ripped by Dick for trying to flip the ball back after that pick. He was walking behind the benches I think, and Dick came to hug him and I think tell him its ok. I have not seen anything on this and was wondering if any of you caught that.....

steelersbabex25
12-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Huh? I find that extremely hard to believe. Troy's a sweet guy but I don't think he would cry because of that.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-12-2010, 11:08 PM
I doubt seriously he was crying...they did show Lebeau letting him know he fucted up on that pitch but they also showed Lebeau talking to him after the commercial break behind the sidelines...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2010, 11:10 PM
He wasn't crying, I would have to see a pic or get confirmation of that. You could read Lebeau's lips when Troy came off the field after that play. He was saying, you can't lateral like that. He gave him a pat on the shoulders and after a couple minutes went over to talk to him. Troy said after the game that he felt bad about the lateral and apologized to the team and the fans.

You're pretty ok with us Troy, don't sweat it!

Dean Denton
12-12-2010, 11:12 PM
I doubt seriously he was crying...they did show Lebeau letting him know he fucted up on that pitch but they also showed Lebeau talking to him after the commercial break behind the sidelines...yeah, thats what I'm talking about, it looked like he was crying. I'm not kidding. I saw it in HD...:) looked like tears to me. My wife said the same thing. Is there some way to pull the footage up again? Not that it matters all that much, I'm just wondering...Its ok to cry. Maybe that was the first time Troy ever got yelled at, and he didn't kow how to handle it.

Farrior Fan
12-12-2010, 11:12 PM
no harm no foul since we kept the ball. Anyone that has 2 Ints in a game is ok with me and Lebeau.

steelersbabex25
12-12-2010, 11:13 PM
That was a dumb lateral though. He was trying to pull an Ed Reed.

Troyisabeast_43
12-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Troy can make big interceptions and big plays all the time and cry after all he wants as long as the Steelers win games because of it...Troy has been absolute money on defense these last 3-4 weeks making huge at the most critical times in games...If this defense gets Aaron Smith back for the playoffs they are going to be that much better and that much tougher to beat...That's the thing that will give the Steelers a chance against the Patriots I believe is their defense is better then the Pats and will want payback in the worst way if there indeed is a rematch...

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-12-2010, 11:17 PM
I watched it in HD also and there was no way that you could see tears from that far away, unless your talking about a pic I didn't see...

Scorp
12-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Troy.....crying.......never. He's a man of Steel not a man of Dallas.

SnakeEyes43
12-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Umm i watched it in HD too and there were no tears. He wouldn't cry for being disciplined, he's been playing football his whole life....he's been yelled at before.

madtowndrunkard
12-12-2010, 11:41 PM
There was no crying.

Troy was clearly in a lot of pain though. You could tell he was beside him self...... in a lot of pain and really angry at him self that he did what he did...but at the same time happy about getting another INT.

Dick Lebeau was rightfully angry for Troy's antics after that INT. He appeared to be show boating. I'm sure DL told him he was being selfish. It was maybe the dumbest thing I've seen Troy do. But there was no harm and Troy basically won the game by him self. This will go down as one of Troy's best games ever.

Frankly I think it should vault him into consideration for defensive player of the year. Troy has made game saving plays 3 weeks in row now. I recall a pick in the endzone against Buffalo, a strip / fumble on the Ravens, and a pick 6 today. If Troy doesn't win defensive player of the year it is robbery.

Dean Denton
12-13-2010, 12:04 AM
PITTSBURGH — On the field, Troy Polamalu was his usual self with two interceptions, one of which he returned for a game-changing touchdown.

In the locker room, Polamalu was also his usual self, bemoaning his mistakes, in particular a wild lateral while returning his second interception that lead to an earful, followed by a few tears behind the bench.

“First and foremost,” Polamalu started, “I want to apologize for that play at the end of the game. It was incredibly arrogant and selfish. I represent something bigger than myself – my faith, my family, and this team. I’ll try to never let that happen again. It was just a very arrogant play.”

But, he was asked, what about the touchdown?

“I don’t know,” he said in such a hushed tone that one would’ve thought the Steelers had lost to the Cincinnati Bengals instead of won 23-7.

“Let’s just focus on the negative,” he said before finally smiling.

As for the touchdown, well, ho hum.

“I know you guys can’t be surprised at what he does every week, because he does it every week,” said James Farrior. “We’ve come to expect it from him.”

It may not happen every week, but Polamalu’s on quite a roll. In the past four games, Polamalu has returned an interception 38 yards to snuff out an Oakland rally, recovered a fumble and later intercepted a pass at his goal line to hold off Buffalo, and in Baltimore his sack/forced fumble late in the fourth quarter turned the game around against the Ravens. Throw in his game-changing play Sunday against the Bengals and Polamalu is the common thread in the Steelers’ four-game win streak.

“I’m glad Troy is on my team,” said Steelers coach Mike Tomlin. “No one is playing as good as Troy Polamalu in football right now.”

Polamalu’s first interception Sunday came out of a cover-2 shell. Bengals receiver Terrell Owens ran a skinny post that Polamalu jumped at the Cincinnati 45.

“In cover-2, it’s really hard for the safety to get underneath that play,” explained safety Will Allen. “A skinny post is designed to hit in between the linebacker and the safety. It’s designed to hit right behind the linebacker, so he just jumped it. And if you decide to go get the pick, you’d better get the pick.”

Polamalu got the pick off his old college roommate, Carson Palmer, and, as he had in 2004, Polamalu took aim at Palmer near the goal line.

“I wanted to see Troy bowl him over again,” said Farrior.

Palmer clipped Polamalu near the Cincinnati

5 and he needed to dive over the pylon for the tying touchdown.

Polamalu aggravated an ankle injury on the play but stayed in the game, albeit hobbled.

He wasn’t too hobbled, though, to read Palmer for the interception in the fourth quarter, his sixth of the season. Polamalu recklessly lateraled the ball, but it was recovered by teammate Bryant McFadden at the Pittsburgh 12.

“Troy was just trying to share the love a little bit,” said Brett Keisel. “He’s so used to having the spotlight I think he was trying to let someone else take it to the crib.”

A bit earlier in the fourth quarter, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was telling linebacker Larry Foote that Polamalu should win a second consecutive AFC Defensive Player of the Week award. Foote argued that the award should go to LaMarr Woodley.

“Then he got that second pick,” said Roethlisberger. “I looked at Foote and he said, “Co-Defensive Players of the Week.”

Polamalu would prefer the award go to the entire unit.

“I think our defense is playing good as a whole,” he said. “Whenever you get a good pass rush and whenever the D-line is stopping the run, we’re able to make a lot of plays on the back end.”

chisteeler
12-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Just confirmed... Troy Palamalou was thought to be crying on the sidelines after being disciplined by Defensive Coordinator Dick LaBeau for pitching the ball after an interception and helping the Steelers defense seal the win over Cincinnati, but reports have now just found out that he only had Head & Shoulders in his eyes causing irritation and burning!

igor0190
12-13-2010, 12:08 AM
The guy is a class act and clearly one of the best ever at his position...
Lebeau is a father figure to Troy and many if not all of the defensive players on the team. Think of it as Troy letting down his "father"... I can totally understand him being upset after that.

Dean Denton
12-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Just confirmed... Troy Palamalou was thought to be crying on the sidelines after being disciplined by Defensive Coordinator Dick LaBeau for pitching the ball after an interception and helping the Steelers defense seal the win over Cincinnati, but reports have now just found out that he only had Head & Shoulders in his eyes causing irritation and burning!Just confirmed? did ya not read the article above you? Claims there were some tears...

chisteeler
12-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Just confirmed? did ya not read the article above you? Claims there were some tears...

Lighten up Dean, it's called humor. And yes, I read the article. Just be happy the team won and don't get your panties in a bunch...jezz

Dean Denton
12-13-2010, 12:57 AM
Lighten up Dean, it's called humor. And yes, I read the article. Just be happy the team won and don't get your panties in a bunch...jezz I dont wear panties anymore, that was so 80's and who the hell is Jezz?

chisteeler
12-13-2010, 01:09 AM
I dont wear panties anymore, that was so 80's and who the hell is Jezz?

What is your problem? Can you not understand humor? :evilshake: At least you admit that at one time in the 80's you actually wore panties! :yellowthumb: And I guess I meant to say...jeeezz.

Dean Denton
12-13-2010, 02:51 AM
What is your problem? Can you not understand humor? :evilshake: At least you admit that at one time in the 80's you actually wore panties! :yellowthumb: And I guess I meant to say...jeeezz. Humor is lost on me. I stop finding things funny when my panties cut off the blood flow to my penis and limited my ablity to have children. So I traded in my man panties for european shoulder bags. I find that they compliment my mesh shirts, high light my cheek bones and glorify my deep set blue eyes. So did you also wear panties in the 80's or were you more of a thong kinda guy? And you said jeeezz. did you mean to say cheese, like a big smile or something?

steelchamp204
12-13-2010, 06:40 AM
Lmao@ this thread, He wasnt crying and I have a 52inch hd tv. Didnt see anything that was even remotley close as to "crying".

steelersbabex25
12-13-2010, 06:56 AM
“First and foremost,” Polamalu started, “I want to apologize for that play at the end of the game. It was incredibly arrogant and selfish. I represent something bigger than myself – my faith, my family, and this team. I’ll try to never let that happen again. It was just a very arrogant play.”

But, he was asked, what about the touchdown?

“I don’t know,” he said in such a hushed tone that one would’ve thought the Steelers had lost to the Cincinnati Bengals instead of won 23-7.

“Let’s just focus on the negative,” he said before finally smiling.

Doesn't that make you want to never be mad at him ever again. He's really such a good guy. You just can't hate on him.

SChip
12-13-2010, 09:09 AM
I think this is where the confusion comes from....

What was he thinking?

On his second interception in the fourth quarter, Troy Polamalu seemed more interested in lateraling the ball to a teammate than running with it. After intercepting Carson Palmer at the goal line, Polamalu ran 12 yards and wildly tossed the ball to CB Bryant McFadden, who recovered the errant toss. Polamalu was laughing as he came off the field, but was confronted by coach Mike Tomlin and defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau. Later, Polamalu was near tears as he apologized for his decision.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10347/1110420-66.stm#ixzz1806VlnEB

There is a difference between "crying" and "near tears" !

LatrobePA
12-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Who cares!

I wouldn't care if he pulled his pants down in the middle of the field and layed out a big hairy turd!! He's a stud right now!!

SteelDad
12-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Who cares!

I wouldn't care if he pulled his pants down in the middle of the field and layed out a big hairy turd!! He's a stud right now!!

My thoughts exactly Latrobe! Do whatever you want Troy. You've earned it.

popstaala
12-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Lebeau shouldve gave Troy some kinda appreciation after that play considering the fact he was spark that gave us the momentum, and he did the best he could with an ankle injury (which i thought is far above the "Standard" , Tomlins standard) he got the int which is a plus, when he tossed it, im sure he got reason (1. Ankle 2. Leadership traits called selfless which includes sharing the spotlight with a fellow teammate ,which could lead to motivational boost for teammates 3. Run the clock out and keep our predictable no life Offens off the field. 4. the only one I hate Copied from #2 safety ED REAR..)
Overall Troys toss wasnt really a bad idea... he saved his ankle some more elusive cuts and sore looser dirty hits.. and he tossed it to where theres only Black and yellow around..
Neway Lebeau calling him out in front of the whole nation (which is %50 good showed other teams that steelers D really have an aggressive DC and everyone in our D have a respectable father/coach, %50 not smart makes me feel like the coaches dont have any appreciation for Troys play.. which at end not the case.. Lebeau hugged him like a father would comfort a son.. and i would think Lebeaus intentions were 1. forgiveness (sry son I expected to much because you are the best) 2. Give back Troys smile and let his star player shine because he totally deserves it. (keep your head up son, you won this game for all of us, you can toss the ball anytime you want because you are the Best..)
Right Now i would imagine Troy and Lebeau laughing about the whole experience.. and celebrate the victory with some bible storytelling breaks..

TampaSteelGirl
12-13-2010, 11:06 AM
I didnt see Troy crying however I saw that he looked bad and upset. I did see where he was walking toward Dick and they hugged a few times. I know he felt bad but he's too hard on himself.

--- Added 12/13/2010 at 10:06 AM ---

I think this is where the confusion comes from....

There is a difference between "crying" and "near tears" !

Also Troy couldn't run becuase of his ankle so perhaps he thought we could get more yardage but it's ok..he's a game saver. Props to Troy!:tt02:

Goodfrom55
12-13-2010, 03:31 PM
One of the few moments outside of Troy's rookie year that I can remember thinking, "What an idiot". I'm glad Dick gave him a piece of his mind; great players should know better.

Blazedby92
12-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Who cares!
:plus1:

Do whatever you want Troy. You've earned it.
:plus1::plus1::plus1:

I'm glad Dick gave him a piece of his mind; great players should know better.

:plus1:He needed to be safe with the ball and his body, should of just went down once he seen he was going to be tackled.

Dean Denton
12-14-2010, 02:24 AM
This is a great read, but it was this part that refers to tears, not near tears.

PITTSBURGH On the field, Troy Polamalu was his usual self with two interceptions, one of which he returned for a game-changing touchdown.

In the locker room, Polamalu was also his usual self, bemoaning his mistakes, in particular a wild lateral while returning his second interception that lead to an earful, followed by a few tears behind the bench.

but if you all think he's above crying, thats ok. I mean, we are talking about a guy who prays before and after every play, and spends his entire time on the bench praying. What I'm saying is the guy tends to wear his emotions on his sleeve, and I could see him shedding a tear if he felt bad. Real men cry too, not just Bengals fans.

--- Added 12/14/2010 at 01:24 AM ---

Lmao@ this thread, He wasnt crying and I have a 52inch hd tv. Didnt see anything that was even remotley close as to "crying".Oh yeah, well i have a 60 inch HD TV, and his head was lowered in shame, and it looked like he was breathing heavy and shaking. Doubt he was mad, he doesn't get mad. I bet that guy as never been mad in his life.

JensK
12-14-2010, 04:00 AM
The only thing funny about this thread is all the throwing around with HD televisions argument...

Root4Stlrs
12-14-2010, 07:13 AM
The only thing funny about this thread is all the throwing around with HD televisions argument... :lol: Size doesn't matter. It should just be the clarity of the picture.

madtowndrunkard
12-14-2010, 11:27 AM
This is a great read, but it was this part that refers to tears, not near tears.

PITTSBURGH On the field, Troy Polamalu was his usual self with two interceptions, one of which he returned for a game-changing touchdown.

but if you all think he's above crying, thats ok. I mean, we are talking about a guy who prays before and after every play, and spends his entire time on the bench praying. What I'm saying is the guy tends to wear his emotions on his sleeve, and I could see him shedding a tear if he felt bad. Real men cry too, not just Bengals fans.

--- Added 12/14/2010 at 01:24 AM ---

Oh yeah, well i have a 60 inch HD TV, and his head was lowered in shame, and it looked like he was breathing heavy and shaking. Doubt he was mad, he doesn't get mad. I bet that guy as never been mad in his life.

Actually I remember Troy loosing his cool last season ( I think) some one gave him a cheap shot and Troy went after the guy....then quickly realized he was out of control and walked away. Anyone recall that game?

Dean Denton
12-15-2010, 03:58 AM
Actually I remember Troy loosing his cool last season ( I think) some one gave him a cheap shot and Troy went after the guy....then quickly realized he was out of control and walked away. Anyone recall that game? yeah, I think someone pulled his hair, or pulled his jersey.

jnes1216
12-15-2010, 04:10 AM
character plain and simple. Just goes to show you how #43 brings his game every week. He may cry, he may not. He's still a stud.

--- Added 12/15/2010 at 03:10 AM ---

yeah, I think someone pulled his hair, or pulled his jersey.

titans???