PDA

View Full Version : If the Steelers win their next 2 games...

Troyisabeast_43
12-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Against the Jets and Panthers here at Heinz Field and the Ravens lose one of the next 2 games against either the Texans tomorrow night or next Sunday against the Saints the Steelers will win the AFC North and clinch at least a number 2 seed in the AFC. Now there still might be a way for the Steelers to clinch the AFC North and a bye week next Sunday if the Ravens happen to lose tomorrow night in Houston and next Sunday against the Saints, and the Jags lose to the Colts next week in Indy with the AFC South title on the line for all practical purposes. I will have to double check that but I am pretty sure that's the only way it can happen next week. I will have to give an updated scenario of course in a few days and after the Ravens game with Houston tomorrow night. The only way looking at things now the Steelers can catch the Patriots for the 1 seed is the Steelers need to win out and they need the Patriots to lose 2 of their last 3 games against the Packers,at Buffalo,and Miami and I just do not see that happening. Nonetheless, the Steelers are in great shape to still win the North and get that bye week and hopefully their odds and chances of getting it improve even more after tomorrow night if the Ratbirds lose to the Texans which we all I'm sure would love to see happen...

Farrior Fan
12-12-2010, 11:35 PM
1 or 2 seed really doesn't matter. As long as we get the bye week. We cannot beat the Pats at Heinz or in Boston. I will be cheering really hard for whoever plays the Pats in the playoffs.

Lets just hope we keep up this awesome momentum and win the next 3 :tt02::helmet::tt02::yellowthumb:

steelersbabex25
12-12-2010, 11:39 PM
1 or 2 seed really doesn't matter. As long as we get the bye week. We cannot beat the Pats at Heinz or in Boston. I will be cheering really hard for whoever plays the Pats in the playoffs.

Lets just hope we keep up this awesome momentum and win the next 3 :tt02::helmet::tt02::yellowthumb:

Doesn't matter since the Pats are cheating anyway..

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2010, 11:51 PM
The Pats would have to have a colossal meltdown for us to get the 1 seed so I'm not even considering that. Right now we control our destiny, we keep winning and we get the 2 seed. Take care of business, next up is the Jets and if we win that we're pretty much home free.

SteelerEyeZ
12-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Does anyone else remember how much trouble the Ravens gave the Pats? It looks like the Ravens might get the 6th seed which if they do they will be a hell of a team to face. I could see them winning and going into Boston and giving Brady a lot of trouble. Would love to see a Ravens Steelers AFC Champ game again in Heinz field....It coulddddd happen!!!!!!

Troyisabeast_43
12-13-2010, 12:28 AM

The Steelers can beat the Patriots for people to come on here and say that is just stupid I feel. It will be a tall tall order no doubt but the Steelers D will make adjustments and give the Pats a much much better game then the one they gave them here in Pittsburgh last month. The Patriots will not have their way with the Steelers defense like they did here in Pittsburgh it will be a much tighter game this time around...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Pats are beatable......Things the Pats do well is limit mistakes and their execution is flawless.......Plus Belichick is a master at putting his players in a position to succeed.......Must put pressure on Brady and with only four would be nice.......But must put pressure in his face.......

Steel Trap86
12-13-2010, 01:21 AM
New England will get the 1 seed, no doubt. They are the best team in the NFL. I like the Steelers to beat the Jets next week and go on to clinch the 2 seed. The best scenario imo is if the Ravens go to New England, they give them a lot of **** when they play and will have a good chance of beating them. If the Steelers have to play the Pats in the AFC title game in New England I just don't like their chances right now

Real Deal Steel
12-13-2010, 01:44 AM
If the Ravens play the Pats in the playoffs, I like the Ravens chances for the upset. Because the Ravens know how to keep it close against them.

DanRooney
12-13-2010, 03:17 AM
1 or 2 seed really doesn't matter. As long as we get the bye week.

lol what? You need to get the 1 or 2 seed to get the bye. :yellowthumb:.

BLACKnGOLD58
12-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Does anyone else remember how much trouble the Ravens gave the Pats? It looks like the Ravens might get the 6th seed which if they do they will be a hell of a team to face. I could see them winning and going into Boston and giving Brady a lot of trouble. Would love to see a Ravens Steelers AFC Champ game again in Heinz field....It coulddddd happen!!!!!!

If we win out, and the ravens win out, we'll get the 2nd seed and the jets and ravens would have the same record....wouldn't the ravens get the 5th seed because they beat the jets earlier in the year?

Root4Stlrs
12-13-2010, 10:22 AM
If we win out, and the ravens win out, we'll get the 2nd seed and the jets and ravens would have the same record....wouldn't the ravens get the 5th seed because they beat the jets earlier in the year?

I think so because the first tiebreaker is head to head - at least in divisional contests. Does that also apply in determining seeding?

--- Added 12/13/2010 at 08:22 AM ---

Everyone said the Patriots were unbeatable in SB XLI (or was it XLII?). And then the Giants as the number 6 seed kicked their butts in the Super Bowl.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Doesn't matter since the Pats are cheating anyway..

Agreed! They suddenly went from losing to the Browns to being perfect in every play call against the opponents defense. They just happen to have the perfect play called every time? Sorry, not buying it...I think Bellicheat is up to his old tricks or some rendition thereof.

LarryNJ
12-13-2010, 05:11 PM
They suddenly went from losing to the Browns to being perfect in every play call against the opponents defense.

They probably lost to the Browns on purpose so that no one would suspect anything. Than they launched Moss just to cover it up a little more. :)

Troyisabeast_43
12-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Let the Patriots keep winning and blowing teams out all the way until the AFC Championship game when they play the Steelers. By then they will be long overdue to play a bad game and play a pissed off Steelers team who will want payback on them in the worst way for embarrassing them at home here back in November. I dont care how good the Patriots are playing right now Belichick and Brady know that beating the Steelers twice in the same season is going to be no easy task what so ever...They know the next time they meet it will not be as easy of a win as it was here back in November...

steelersbabex25
12-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Agreed! They suddenly went from losing to the Browns to being perfect in every play call against the opponents defense. They just happen to have the perfect play called every time? Sorry, not buying it...I think Bellicheat is up to his old tricks or some rendition thereof.

Nobody takes me seriously when I say that. Glad someone agrees. Something doesn't look right to me. You don't go from barely getting passed subpar teams to dominating some of the best teams in the league. Just doesn't make sense.

Blazedby92
12-13-2010, 06:17 PM
We just better hope for someone else to take out the pats because I don't ever like our chances against them cheating or not

nuclearchihuahuas
12-13-2010, 08:34 PM
They probably lost to the Browns on purpose so that no one would suspect anything. Than they launched Moss just to cover it up a little more. :)When you blame others, you give up your power to change

FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU! FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME! I can use famous sayings as well; it does not alter their suspiciously incredible turnaround. If this were one of the cases I work on I would track their moves, follow them where go, document any and all electronic activity and compile all my facts before I would make an accusation. Since this is not possible at this time I am stating in a public forum that their remarkable turn-around has not gone unnoticed and is so clearly remarkable as to raise to the level of suspicion. In short, any one on my case load who has a dramatic change in behavior is under suspicion and merits watching and review. Any one who would produce perfect results continually has an inside helping hand and I would hunt down their accomplice as well.

franchise3
12-13-2010, 09:44 PM
How can people come on here and say that Ravens have a good chance of upsetting the Pats but Steelers have no chance is beyond me. I don't care about the past, Steelers have a better shot at them.

steelersbabex25
12-13-2010, 09:52 PM
FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU! FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME! I can use famous sayings as well; it does not alter their suspiciously incredible turnaround. If this were one of the cases I work on I would track their moves, follow them where go, document any and all electronic activity and compile all my facts before I would make an accusation. Since this is not possible at this time I am stating in a public forum that their remarkable turn-around has not gone unnoticed and is so clearly remarkable as to raise to the level of suspicion. In short, any one on my case load who has a dramatic change in behavior is under suspicion and merits watching and review. Any one who would produce perfect results continually has an inside helping hand and I would hunt down their accomplice as well.

Remember when the Pats beat the Colts earlier in the year and Peyton said he was suspicious of them still cheating? Just saying..

DanRooney
12-13-2010, 10:06 PM
How can people come on here and say that Ravens have a good chance of upsetting the Pats but Steelers have no chance is beyond me. I don't care about the past, Steelers have a better shot at them.

Maybe because they completely dominated us on both sides of the ball and the Ravens took them into overtime.

It's a bad matchup for LeBeau. He does not know what to do against Brady.

LarryNJ
12-13-2010, 10:59 PM
FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU! FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME! I can use famous sayings as well; it does not alter their suspiciously incredible turnaround. ....

Thanks for reminding me it's time to change my signature! :yellowthumb:

I understand how you can see it as suspicious. There are 2 sides to everything. Many people feel that the NFL handed us the 2005 Super Bowl because of some of the calls. I understand how they can come to that conclusion it was very suspicious looking. As far as the Pats go I look at how good their QB, Woodland Hills high school star #87 who's 6'6" 265 and runs like Mike Wallace.. (obviously not that fast), Wes Walker, Danny Woodhead, and the fact that there really isn't great competition in the NFL and I don't find it suspicious at all.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-14-2010, 12:46 AM
texans jus tied it up

K Train
12-14-2010, 01:07 AM
ugh...what a heart breaker

nuclearchihuahuas
12-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Thanks for reminding me it's time to change my signature! :yellowthumb:

I understand how you can see it as suspicious. There are 2 sides to everything. Many people feel that the NFL handed us the 2005 Super Bowl because of some of the calls. I understand how they can come to that conclusion it was very suspicious looking. As far as the Pats go I look at how good their QB, Woodland Hills high school star #87 who's 6'6" 265 and runs like Mike Wallace.. (obviously not that fast), Wes Walker, Danny Woodhead, and the fact that there really isn't great competition in the NFL and I don't find it suspicious at all.

I have to admire your faith in the Patriots new found abilities..I just do not share them.

coldrolled
12-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Maybe because they completely dominated us on both sides of the ball and the Ravens took them into overtime.

It's a bad matchup for LeBeau. He does not know what to do against Brady.

we need to blitz, but we need CB's to back up the blitz in a press coverage...

we dont do that well.

Scorp
12-14-2010, 08:06 PM
The Steelers like their position at 10-3 and the No. 2 seed in the AFC with three games left. This time last season, they were 6-7 after losing five in a row.

Even a loss to the Jets Sunday would keep them at No. 2.

"We're in a good position," Hines Ward said. "We control our own destiny. To be 4-1 in the AFC North feels good right now."

That record in the division would be the first tiebreaker should they and the Baltimore Ravens finish deadlocked. The Steelers have one more game against a division opponent, Jan. 2 in Cleveland.

"I think we're in the driver's seat in the AFC North," linebacker James Farrior said. "And that's the key, win the North and getting a ticket to the dance."

The Steelers play Carolina at home a week from Thursday.

"We still have the Jets, we still have Carolina and the Browns," linebacker LaMarr Woodley noted. "When you start looking ahead, that's when teams beat you. We just have to focus on what's in front of us."