PDA

View Full Version : History repeating itself?

xxxsteelernation
12-12-2010, 07:46 PM
the last time the steelers were in this position was our super bowl year with a 12-4 regular season if we win out this year we are in a better position with a 13-3 record and if someone can knock of the patriots in the divisional we should be in a great place. even if patriots make it to a conference championship against the steelers i would love to beat ne in kraft stadium for all the times they have beat us in our stadium in the playoffs.
oh and another little fun fact the new kicker sushiam is a perfect 9-9 going into the jets game.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Its good that Suisham is doing as well as he is...he seems to be our total offense

Scorp
12-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Things are shaping up pretty damn good. The o line is still crappy but we still win and the defense takes all the credit because of the way we are playing right now. This team is on the shoulders of the defense and Big Ben and riding straight into the post season. The playoffs will be the moment of truth for every team who wants to claim the lombardi trophy at Super Bowl XLV. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

steelchamp204
12-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Im not looking forward to dodging the pats in the playoffs to get to the sb. If we make it that far in the sb then we will meet up with the pats, The pats are on fire right now and dismantle ANY defense. We have to worry about our slow start offense to keep up with them because they will again put up more than 24 on us easily. Not trying to say our defense sucks but the pats offesne is just that good. Anything can happen though as noone gave us a chance to beat the colts in 05 that are kinda like this years pats. Im just worried aboutt aking this one game at a time and when if we get to the sb I will be happy.

ctsteelah
12-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I cant beleive the Pats* have 2 #1 picks, 2 #2 picks, & 2 #3 picks next year.

pimplydan
12-12-2010, 09:53 PM
are you kidding me!!!!!!!!! I think Bilicheck is a genious

but I hate the cheatriots........................PIMP

acero
12-12-2010, 10:27 PM
i hate the patriots too.

they get away with every thing they cheat with, their qb is so protected by gay dell heck he asks the officials for late flags and gets them

the so called bill the genius is so un educated with the media and fans he is classless

brady needs to take a good hit, dont hurt him just take a good clean big hit at him

Farrior Fan
12-12-2010, 10:30 PM
We can definetly beat anyone....except the Pats. I just don't see it happening. The way they tore us apart was really eye opening. Then they did it to the Jets and Bears. We would have to get huge pressure on him starting from play 1. Troy and Clark would have to get on the line and the corners would have to actually show up. In addition, we would actually have to score more than 2 offensive TDs.

Bottom line - I hope the Ravens knock them off. We look as good as anyone else. In 08 there were many times that our offense faltered and our D just took control and dominated. The best part is that we are peaking at the right time.:tt02:

pimplydan
12-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Hey in 2006 nobody could stop Peyton Manning and the Colts but who went to Indianapolis in the playoffs and beat them with a amazing defensive effort?Tha Steelers.......................................... .............................................PIMP

SteelCityKid5
12-12-2010, 10:58 PM
I think we have the "best" chance to beat the Pats. I pray to God someone knocks them out in the playoffs cause that game is going to be really tough the way they are playing right now. I think we could give them a game though. I still think we could have made our first meeting a game if some things went different ways but they did and I understand that but still. I'll stick with being optimistic.

Clevelandsux
12-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Unless our offense scores some points, we aren't going anywhere. I want to win a championship. And I want to do it beating the Patriots!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2010, 11:53 PM
I like how the team is finding ways to win games, last year we were finding every way to lose these games. It's a special team, not perfect at all and the offense is struggling but they are doing enough to win right now. I wouldn't say we are a team of destiny at all right now, but a team with a will to win..you bet!

Scorp
12-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Im not looking forward to dodging the pats in the playoffs to get to the sb. If we make it that far in the sb then we will meet up with the pats, The pats are on fire right now and dismantle ANY defense. We have to worry about our slow start offense to keep up with them because they will again put up more than 24 on us easily. Not trying to say our defense sucks but the pats offesne is just that good. Anything can happen though as noone gave us a chance to beat the colts in 05 that are kinda like this years pats. Im just worried aboutt aking this one game at a time and when if we get to the sb I will be happy.

Teams are losing because of poor coverage imo. Brady always has someone to throw to. Mostly short yardage. It pisses me off cause someone is always left open and for some stupid reason they can't seem to figure that out. I can't stand your asses pats but you are on fire.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Keep taking it one game at a time !! If we get the Pats again then we worry bout it , til then let's focus on the j-e-t-s...would love to see holmes lit up on a crossing pattern...GO STEELERS !!

pimplydan
12-13-2010, 01:15 AM
dam right one game at a time.The pats can be hot but you know some teams can give'm a cold shower............................................ .like the New York Giants in the superbowl a couple of years ago.So relax,if they can we can...........................................PIMP

Real Deal Steel
12-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Being hot right now means absolutely nothing. A month ago, the sky was falling for the Patriots. A month later, their the toast of the league.

Who knows what happens in the next 4 weeks. I like the fact that the Patriots are the toast of the town. Because they have no place to go but down now.