PDA

View Full Version : A sad day for Steeler Nation

airbrake 1
12-12-2010, 05:57 PM
i just got home from the game and just what i had hoped wouldn't happened did ...the steelers attendence numbers were an embarassment...i would love to hear some peoples excuse why they couldn't attend todays game...sorry folks a few drops of rain doesn't cut it...and it sure as hell wasn't bitterly cold...hell i didn't even wear a coat...and there were 7,549 seats empty again i guess these people had to go christmas shopping...i know if i had tickets that i couldn't sell, i would try to give them away...i never seen a single person turn down free steeler tickets...just terrible today i really don't even know where to go from here...we wish to have the best fan base but today surely doesn't prove it

nuclearchihuahuas
12-12-2010, 06:05 PM
wow--that's unfortunate. Never thought I would see empty seats at a Steeler's home game.

airbrake 1
12-12-2010, 06:14 PM
i'll bet these same pricks will show up for a playoff game if we are fortunate enough to get one...this has become a disturbing trend...you can't claim to have the best fan base with numbers like this period

Diamondhead
12-12-2010, 06:21 PM
What's caused the fall off? Usually could count on Steeler fans packing the place.

xxxsteelernation
12-12-2010, 06:26 PM
the problem was last second bengals deserters that bought tickets. ticket hub was sold out since wed for tickets, and bengals fans just wasted there money by staying home.

LarryNJ
12-12-2010, 06:32 PM
It has to do with the state of pro sports in general today. So many of the seats are bought by corporations and used for customers or perks for employees. Unfortunately many tickets go to people that don't appreciate them and have no problem not using them if something comes up or the weather doesn't cooperate. It happens everywhere in every sport.

I actually thought the crowd was louder than normal especially when we weren't doing well in the 1st half.

airbrake 1
12-12-2010, 06:40 PM
the problem was last second bengals deserters that bought tickets. ticket hub was sold out since wed for tickets, and bengals fans just wasted there money by staying home.

so you're saying that people in cincinnati bought the tickets above face value and just decided to not attend today... no way...these were steeler season ticket holders who decided to stay home and not attempt to do anything charitable or even half charitable with their tickets...i believe the steelers ticket office will help you donate your unused tickets to a worthwhile program like the boys and girls club, but i guess that is too much work for these folks

ctsteelah
12-12-2010, 07:41 PM
It has to do with the state of pro sports in general today. So many of the seats are bought by corporations and used for customers or perks for employees. Unfortunately many tickets go to people that don't appreciate them and have no problem not using them if something comes up or the weather doesn't cooperate. It happens everywhere in every sport.

I actually thought the crowd was louder than normal especially when we weren't doing well in the 1st half.

Before there were skybox seats here in Connecticut when we had the Hartford Whalers Hockey team where it was disgusting to see the entire lower ring being empty while the nose bleeds being filled and vocal. I will never forget sneaking down to the lower tier level and being scolded by a women knitting a sweather in front of me while I was screaming a bad call.

Wait if we have sh!tty weather when the Super Bowl gets played in Giant Stadium. There are only so many sky box seats.

LatrobePA
12-12-2010, 07:48 PM
What's caused the fall off? Usually could count on Steeler fans packing the place.

Your avatar scared them all away!! lol

airbrake 1
12-12-2010, 08:25 PM
i think this is just what has happened in sports these last 30 years the owners have priced the average fan out of the stadium and now most of the seats are owned by uptight yuppie types who have never known any type of discomfort in their lives...the closest most of these people have come to sitting out in the cold for a few hours is when they were skiing in aspen...so these ignorant bastards look out the window in the morning and see a few drops of rain and say "no way im going out there today" and the tickets sit in a drawer going to waste...season tickets only cost around $300 a few years back now they are close to $900 plus the seat license...$900 dollars to the yuppie types is like a dollar to you and me...so they don't give a damn ...but these same pieces of s**t will show up for the playoff games and act as if they are the most loyal and diehard of fans...Screw them

steelersbabex25
12-12-2010, 09:38 PM
It was a lot of the season ticket holders. A lot of the lower level seats were empty. But hey, it was miserable out there today. If you go to every game of the season and decide to skip out on one because it's against the terrible Bungals and it's 35 and raining, I can't blame you.

Farrior Fan
12-12-2010, 09:39 PM
I have never been to a Steelers game, mainly because I refuse to support a business that has priced out poor folks like me. Sure I could really treat myself and my family to a Steelers weekend but since I am 5-6 hours away it would literally cost me over a grand. Well I can take the family to the beach for a WEEK in the summer for the same amount. Really easy decision, especially when the:helmet: are on TV almost every weekend.

That being said, if you have some free tix I will gladly accept them. (I prefer 4 together in the lower level around the 50 yard line behind the Steelers bench):lol:

SteelCityKid5
12-12-2010, 09:56 PM
It was a lot of the season ticket holders. A lot of the lower level seats were empty. But hey, it was miserable out there today. If you go to every game of the season and decide to skip out on one because it's against the terrible Bungals and it's 35 and raining, I can't blame you.

Theres your answer.

Blazedby92
12-12-2010, 09:56 PM

:plus1::plus1:

Clevelandsux
12-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I heard the reason why is the Bengals fans opted to not buy tickets. That is the honest to god truth. Thats why there were so many tickets available.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2010, 10:55 PM
It was rainy, cold, the Bengals, all adds up to people not showing. I would certainly believe the vast majority of the no shows were Bengal fans who backed out of coming at the last minute.

madtowndrunkard
12-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Well I think the only fan base to compete with the Steelers is the Packers. As a native Wisconsinite I can say you will never see a half empty Lambeau Stadium in December....especially if their Packers are leading the division.

I think the Steelers have the most fans across the country and do the best job of taking over opponents stadium....but I think the Packers have better home fans. Can't really argue it.... the numbers don't lie.

igor0190
12-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Well I sure hope Heinz Field is JACKED UP next week for the jets... Being as it will be my first Steelers game in Pittsburgh! :cope:

Dean Denton
12-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Not sure if anyone noticed but our economy is in the shitter right now, and as much as I would love to be at the Steeler game, the tickets are just a little high. As much as I and most peolple love the Steelers or any other team, those teams dont pay our bills. In the real world, our sports teams really do come last on the priority list. Well, I would hope most responsible adults would look at it that way. But if ya got the money, and no reason not to go then you should be at the game. I would be if I lived closer. Ya know, if over 7000 seats sat empty, then either 7000 people wasted their money and didn't go (their loss) or people just couldn't justify spending that much on a ticket so close to Christmas. would it hurt to maybe give those tickets away if thats the case?

igor0190
12-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Do the Steelers not have a way for season ticket holders to call and place their tickets on consignment at the box office if they can't go to the game??? If the word gets out at the tailgate that there are a bunch of tickets back on sale at the gate, then people would phone up their friends and stuff, no?

I'm pretty sure they had something like that in Philly when I was there

airbrake 1
12-13-2010, 12:36 AM

wow if today is what you would consider miserable i would hate to see how you would classify a day if it was 2 degrees with freezing rain...it didn't but spit a few drops of rain during the actual game as as far as cold goes it was rather balmy today hell i didn't even wear a coat today...i guess if we would get that 2 degree day i would be sitting in the stadium with about 500 other people...like i said sad

--- Added 12/12/2010 at 11:36 PM ---

Well I think the only fan base to compete with the Steelers is the Packers. As a native Wisconsinite I can say you will never see a half empty Lambeau Stadium in December....especially if their Packers are leading the division.

I think the Steelers have the most fans across the country and do the best job of taking over opponents stadium....but I think the Packers have better home fans. Can't really argue it.... the numbers don't lie.
I'm starting to agree with you...this has been becoming a disturbing trend by season ticket holders

Do the Steelers not have a way for season ticket holders to call and place their tickets on consignment at the box office if they can't go to the game??? If the word gets out at the tailgate that there are a bunch of tickets back on sale at the gate, then people would phone up their friends and stuff, no?

I'm pretty sure they had something like that in Philly when I was there

sure there is the ticket exchange...but people put tickets on there for far above what they paid for them and very rarely ever lower their price if game time nears and they are still not sold...god forbid they would have to sell them for less than what they paid...and if people would start selling for less this would put a cramp in the scalpers who beat people over the head on prices outside the stadium...but alas this won't happen because of self centered people

steelersbabex25
12-13-2010, 07:10 AM
wow if today is what you would consider miserable i would hate to see how you would classify a day if it was 2 degrees with freezing rain..

Still miserable.

SteelDad
12-13-2010, 08:07 AM
The sad truth here is one many of us do not want to face, but it's true. Yes the economy is crappy. This is something that we as individual human beings only can decide how to handle. If you normally buy tix to a game and just couldn't swing it this year then no one should blame you for that. Family has to come first. This is what I don't buy however, the weather and/or the opponent. If you have season tix and are not putting those tickets to use whether your butts are in the seats or someone else's then shame on you. It was rainy and cold, so what? Did you expect sunny and 72 in Pittsburgh on December 12th? The Bengals suck, why go? Because you are a fan! You only get 8 of these babies a year and you're going to complain about the opponent? You go to support the Steelers don't you??? When our turn rolls around to go this fricking London game and you didn't attend that game yesterday then shut up! You have no voice whatsoever to complain if we can't fill our stadium. The economy is pretty bad in Green Bay yet they manage to sell out EVERY game, no matter the opponent or no matter the weather. And don't tell me "they have nothing better to do in Green Bay" either. They go because they support their team.

I can buy the argument that many Bengals fans may have purchased tix and decided not to go, but 6-7,000? Hardly. For those that were in attendance yesterday, kudos to you. I thought the place sounded loud and excited.

Now I'm done.

franchise3
12-13-2010, 08:29 AM

I disagree. You have to find, at least, the way of making sure someone gets this ticket.

Root4Stlrs
12-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Those tickets are all sold so the game is always a sellout. I saw on the web site that the Steelers still have individual tickets to sell to the Panthers game. That's rare. If you think the stadium was deserted yesterday, then wait until that game. It will really be bleak. I agree with those who are saying the weather wasn't bad yesterday. It wasn't even raining hard - have sat through much worse than that. Many season ticket holders keep getting them so they can sell them on StubHub, EBay, etc. and never go to games. The effect that the economy has is to keep people from purchasing the tickets they are trying to sell at grossly inflated prices. It is sickening. I know people personally who do that. Those there yesterday were dedicated fans so we tried to keep it loud. We left 5 minutes early to beat the weather which I don't even like to do.

SteelCityKid5
12-13-2010, 09:30 AM
"wow if today is what you would consider miserable i would hate to see how you would classify a day if it was 2 degrees with freezing rain...it didn't but spit a few drops of rain during the actual game as as far as cold goes it was rather balmy today hell i didn't even wear a coat today...i guess if we would get that 2 degree day i would be sitting in the stadium with about 500 other people...like i said sad"

First off I'd love to see any day it's 2 degrees out and it rains but, I believe thats not scientifically possible. My point, fans have the choice to go or not. Some probably saw it as a bad weather game against a horrible team. Plus, with HD tvs being at home is a better experience. I dont blame anyone. The Jets game numbers will be up because its a better game vs a better team with seedings in the playoffs riding on it. Same with the playoffs if were lucky to get the number 2 seed. I dont think the Steelers are the only team with this problem.. its impacting all teams.

Root4Stlrs
12-13-2010, 09:43 AM
"wow if today is what you would consider miserable i would hate to see how you would classify a day if it was 2 degrees with freezing rain...it didn't but spit a few drops of rain during the actual game as as far as cold goes it was rather balmy today hell i didn't even wear a coat today...i guess if we would get that 2 degree day i would be sitting in the stadium with about 500 other people...like i said sad"

First off I'd love to see any day it's 2 degrees out and it rains but, I believe thats not scientifically possible. My point, fans have the choice to go or not. Some probably saw it as a bad weather game against a horrible team. Plus, with HD tvs being at home is a better experience. I dont blame anyone. The Jets game numbers will be up because its a better game vs a better team with seedings in the playoffs riding on it. Same with the playoffs if were lucky to get the number 2 seed. I dont think the Steelers are the only team with this problem.. its impacting all teams.

Yes it is, but we're the ones who claim to be the "best" fans. Of course, people have the choice to go or not. The season ticket holders don't go and many of them never go. The stadium is empty when they can't rip people off to sell them their tickets. It's a moneymaking affair for many. I know people who got tickets to the hockey game at Heinz Field through the lottery just so they could put them on EBay for 2 or 3 times what they paid for them. I do blame the season ticket holders who just hang on to their tickets to make money.

LarryNJ
12-13-2010, 09:49 AM
I still think you all are missing the point. There are 2 types of season ticket holders. Personal and corporate. When you pay your own hard earned money for a ticket you go or sell or give them to someone you know. They almost always get used. The later people don't care, they may or may not be fans, it could just be the "in" thing to do. They don't pay for the tickets so they really don't care if they go to waste or not. I'd guess most of the no-shows from yesterday fall into the later group.

Back to the original point of it being a sad day...I choose to look at it totally different. We won a divisional game against the hated Bungals, Palmer sucked, TO was held in check and frustrated so he kept quiet, same with number 85. Troys int return is a play that we'll remember for years to come. We are one game closer to winning the division, getting a playoff spot, have a bye and at least 1 home playoff game. I'd say it's the exact opposite af a sad day, it was a GREAT DAY FOR STEELER NATION and we should all be proud! :)

The season ticket holders don't go and many of them never go. The stadium is empty when they can't rip people off to sell them their tickets.

Good point, those rat bastards. :)

igor0190
12-13-2010, 11:05 AM
There should be something in place for these games that are in less demand. Something like ticket exchange having an option if your tickets don't sell 1 hour before game time, then they will become available to charity for free. I would hope people would be willing to do this instead of letting them go to waste. Tix could go to young kids who's parents can't afford to send them to games, church groups, etc.

AZ_Steeler
12-13-2010, 11:05 AM
It's just not the games that is having the poor turnouts. My buddy and I have been going to Buffalo Wild Wings for about 4 years now. It use to be if you weren't there an hour before kickoff then you probably wouldn't get a table until halftime. This year though we have been showing up 5 minutes before kickoff and we have our pick of any table in the dining area or bar! The other Steeler bars in town are the same way as well. IMO, I think a lot of it just has to do with the economy...

Root4Stlrs
12-13-2010, 11:29 AM
I still think you all are missing the point. There are 2 types of season ticket holders. Personal and corporate. When you pay your own hard earned money for a ticket you go or sell or give them to someone you know. They almost always get used. The later people don't care, they may or may not be fans, it could just be the "in" thing to do. They don't pay for the tickets so they really don't care if they go to waste or not. I'd guess most of the no-shows from yesterday fall into the later group.

Back to the original point of it being a sad day...I choose to look at it totally different. We won a divisional game against the hated Bungals, Palmer sucked, TO was held in check and frustrated so he kept quiet, same with number 85. Troys int return is a play that we'll remember for years to come. We are one game closer to winning the division, getting a playoff spot, have a bye and at least 1 home playoff game. I'd say it's the exact opposite af a sad day, it was a GREAT DAY FOR STEELER NATION and we should all be proud! :)

Good point, those rat bastards. :)

Larry J you are probably right about those corporate tickets, but the people I see in them week after week show up with their Terrible Towels and cheer like crazy. I think the big corporate ticket giveaways are up in the club sections and, since they're out of the weather, they probably show up no matter the weather (unless roads are bad). I know a lot of people won't be there on Dec. 23rd because of family stuff and holiday. We're selling our tickets and I hate to do it but just can't make two trips so close together right before the holiday. I want somebody to be in those seats though cheering like crazy in my place. We never try to make money from them - we just want to break even.

igor0190
12-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Larry J you are probably right about those corporate tickets, but the people I see in them week after week show up with their Terrible Towels and cheer like crazy. I think the big corporate ticket giveaways are up in the club sections and, since they're out of the weather, they probably show up no matter the weather (unless roads are bad). I know a lot of people won't be there on Dec. 23rd because of family stuff and holiday. We're selling our tickets and I hate to do it but just can't make two trips so close together right before the holiday. I want somebody to be in those seats though cheering like crazy in my place. We never try to make money from them - we just want to break even.

Any chance these are good seats? :grin1:
Lol, I got some for face value but they are in section 518 :lol:

Hopefully I can upgrade mine before the game.

Root4Stlrs
12-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Any chance these are good seats? :grin1:
Lol, I got some for face value but they are in section 518 :lol:

Hopefully I can upgrade mine before the game.

They're great seats but my husband has already sold them. That isn't a bad section you're in - you'll have a great view of the field. It does get chilly up there though. Are you going to Carolina game as well as Jets game?

Rampage
12-13-2010, 12:39 PM
I noticed all the empty seats. Ridiculous to say the least. It's all the fairweather, chatting on the phone during the game types that can't be bothered to sit in ****** weather to support their team. And what the hell is with all these people leaving early? They cut out on the team fifteen minutes early to avoid traffic? These people should forfeit their tickets so that real fans can stay and watch.

igor0190
12-13-2010, 12:42 PM
They're great seats but my husband has already sold them. That isn't a bad section you're in - you'll have a great view of the field. It does get chilly up there though. Are you going to Carolina game as well as Jets game?

Yes, I'll be at both games! Can't wait. :grin1:

steelersbabex25
12-13-2010, 02:40 PM
It's just not the games that is having the poor turnouts. My buddy and I have been going to Buffalo Wild Wings for about 4 years now. It use to be if you weren't there an hour before kickoff then you probably wouldn't get a table until halftime. This year though we have been showing up 5 minutes before kickoff and we have our pick of any table in the dining area or bar! The other Steeler bars in town are the same way as well. IMO, I think a lot of it just has to do with the economy...

Really? It's the opposite for the Steeler bar that I go to. When we first started going like 3 or 4 years ago, you could get there at like 11:30 and get a seat. Now we need to get there at 10:00. It's annoying but if you wanna watch the game in HD with good food and good people, you gotta do what you gotta do.

--- Added 12/13/2010 at 01:40 PM ---

I noticed all the empty seats. Ridiculous to say the least. It's all the fairweather, chatting on the phone during the game types that can't be bothered to sit in ****** weather to support their team. And what the hell is with all these people leaving early? They cut out on the team fifteen minutes early to avoid traffic? These people should forfeit their tickets so that real fans can stay and watch.

I was at the game and I can say pretty confidently the stadium did not empty out 15 minutes early. Everyone started to leave really with like a few minutes left in the 4th when the game was in hand. It looked empty because people got up from their seats (like myself) but people started gathering on the rails and near the big screen after to watch the end of it.

LarryNJ
12-13-2010, 04:06 PM
It looked empty because people got up from their seats (like myself) but people started gathering on the rails and near the big screen after to watch the end of it.

:nono::nono: Bad fan..bad fan...:yesnod: :lol:

steelersbabex25
12-13-2010, 04:08 PM
:nono::nono: Bad fan..bad fan...:yesnod: :lol:

:smh2: I stayed up until like the last minute okay? :lol: I had a 4 hour drive, I wasn't about to stay the extra minute so I could wait an hour to get out of the stadium.

airbrake 1
12-13-2010, 05:30 PM

i said freezing rain...i wont go into a large discussion of meterology but you can look up how you can get freezing rain when it is below 32 degrees it happens pretty frequently...something to do with different air layers and rain drop size falling through each layer of air freezing and thawing at each layer

ctsteelah
12-13-2010, 06:13 PM

Nicely said...

Root4Stlrs
12-14-2010, 01:00 AM

We left 5 minutes early to try and avoid the weather. It wasn't to avoid traffic per se. We had a 6 hour drive ahead of us and snow was predicted in the mountains. The PA Turnpike can be brutal in bad weather especially around Somerset. It has to be something like that to get me to leave early. Somebody would have to pry our tickets out of my cold dead fingers before I would forfeit them.

Rampage
12-14-2010, 11:26 AM
We left 5 minutes early to try and avoid the weather. It wasn't to avoid traffic per se. We had a 6 hour drive ahead of us and snow was predicted in the mountains. The PA Turnpike can be brutal in bad weather especially around Somerset. It has to be something like that to get me to leave early. Somebody would have to pry our tickets out of my cold dead fingers before I would forfeit them.

Turnpike blows, so I can understand, but I come from the school of thought that five minutes is not going to save much time. In my experience it is better to stay around a little after the game to let things clear out than to cut out early; however, I will be the first to admit that we do not have weather out here. If I were still back in Pittsburgh, perhaps I would be singing a different tune, yet I think that I would stay the entire game if I am going to pay the ransom that the NFL commands for tickets these days. If you can handle 55 minutes, what's an extra five? Plus you could have watched the rabble rousing at the end of the game.

steelersbabex25
12-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Wait, I just need to marvel at how ridiculous this is. People cutting out of the game 5 minutes early is nothing to be upset about. It's not like it was a 20-20 game and the Steelers had the ball with 2:00 left in the 4th quarter. The Steelers had the game in hand since the start of the second half really. I don't understand why it's such a huge deal that some people decided to leave a little early to avoid getting stampeded be a crowd of 50,000. I left a minute early. Does that make me any worse of a fan?

Rampage
12-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Wait, I just need to marvel at how ridiculous this is. People cutting out of the game 5 minutes early is nothing to be upset about. It's not like it was a 20-20 game and the Steelers had the ball with 2:00 left in the 4th quarter. The Steelers had the game in hand since the start of the second half really. I don't understand why it's such a huge deal that some people decided to leave a little early to avoid getting stampeded be a crowd of 50,000. I left a minute early. Does that make me any worse of a fan?

Yes. Yes it does.

:grin1:

igor0190
12-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Does that make me any worse of a fan?

No, but just don't lose sight of how lucky you are that you're a Steelers fan and are able to attend the game. Appreciate this team and the potential they have. These have been some good years recently and Steeler fans are being somewhat spoiled compared to a lot of other teams. :tt02:

It would be easy to say that if it were the 70's and you were able to see the Steelers play with all the greats that you would never leave the game early, right? (Greene, Lambert, Franco, Ham, Bradshaw...)

How about 10 years from now looking back and saying, I was very lucky to be able to see Ben, Harrison, Ward, Woodley, Farrior, Polamalu, Hampton..... There are some really GREAT players on this team.

steelersbabex25
12-14-2010, 03:09 PM
No, but just don't lose sight of how lucky you are that you're a Steelers fan and are able to attend the game. Appreciate this team and the potential they have. These have been some good years recently and Steeler fans are being somewhat spoiled compared to a lot of other teams. :tt02:

Trust me, I take nothing for granted. I get to go to one game a year and I stay as long as I can. Some of the people I was with wanted to leave earlier and I refused. But there comes a point where it just isn't worth it to sit it the cold and rain and watch the Steelers take a knee.

TampaSteelGirl
12-14-2010, 03:13 PM
:+1: :excuseme:

LarryNJ
12-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Yes. Yes it does.

:grin1:

I agree...what should the punishment be?

Wear an Ovie sweater for a month? Or an ray Ray jersey?

igor0190
12-14-2010, 03:36 PM

:lol:

A purple Ray jersey is cruel inhumane punishment

steelersbabex25
12-14-2010, 03:37 PM

I had to wear an Ovie jersey for a day. No thanks.

Rampage
12-14-2010, 05:47 PM

Ovechkin and Lewis are actually good.

I say a Flacco jersey.

airbrake 1
12-19-2010, 02:02 AM
oh well here we are a week later, the temperature is going to be 22 at kickoff falling to 18 at games end...i'm hoping that we get a full house today but i'm not counting on it...there's no excuse that we have a weak opponent the jets are 9-4...i'm hoping to see somewhere in the 64,000's but i think 60-61,000 is more realistic...and i'm sure some will say it will be miserable out today again but 20 degrees isn't too bad, but today will be the first game i wear a coat this year ...so i won't say it's rather balmy today like i did last week...go steelers

airbrake 1
12-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Just checked out the ticket exchange and ticket prices are falling faster than the temperature...there are a ton of tickets for face value,these are the pricks who had them listed for a couple hundred a piece and didn't sell them and they are now panicing that they will have to eat these tickets of god forbid go themselves...these sissys won't go themselves so there will probably be empty seats again... god knows that they wont give them away to a charity ...go steelers

Blazedby92
12-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Life isn't all about sports buddy, you don't know everyone else's reasoning for not showing up. Give tickets to charity thats funny,Hey , maybe you can let some homeless and jobless person hangout at your warm house and watch the game they wish they had tickets to see.

airbrake 1
12-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Life isn't all about sports buddy, you don't know everyone else's reasoning for not showing up. Give tickets to charity thats funny,Hey , maybe you can let some homeless and jobless person hangout at your warm house and watch the game they wish they had tickets to see.

wow you are simple...charity are groups like big brothers and big sisters and boys and girls clubs who take kids to games with tickets that are donated from people who can't attend and would hate to see the tickets that they paid for go to waste...what so funny about helping out some kids who wouldn't get a chance to see a game otherwise you selfish prick...you are probably one of the ones who would let the tickets sit in a drawer and think it is funny

Blazedby92
12-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Well then give your ticket to one of those kids then if your so perfect or why don't you take one of those kids to the game that wants to go since you must have all this money that you can go to every game or give tickets away.

Come on Mr. perfect

airbrake 1
12-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Hey dickwad...I've already given away a ticket i couldn't use this year and secondly i have sold a pair of extra tickets on here for face value...i haven't seen anyone else on here doing that...

Blazedby92
12-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Oooooh you sold them well good for you I guess the the big brothers and sisters already had enough to go around anyways. Don't be a hypocrite, just sayin'

airbrake 1
12-19-2010, 09:39 AM
wow you are a complete simpleton...what i'm saying is that all every steeler ticket is sold every week...there are people who for one reason or another cannot make it to the game...there's absolutely nothing wrong with selling it and if you can make a profit no big that' s great, but if you can't sell them why the hell not give them to someone who would really appreciate them...if the tickets sit in a drawer it's like taking a couple of hundred dollar bills and lighting them on fire...but i guess that wasting these tickets would make you fell better...it must suck being as bitter a person as yourself that knowing that someone is enjoying something they couldn't afford themselves because of your bad fortune of not being able to make to the game...you are really pathetic... i'm done with you fool...go watch the browns on your couch and stroke your ego

Blazedby92
12-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Just checked out the ticket exchange and ticket prices are falling faster than the temperature...there are a ton of tickets for face value,these are the pricks who had them listed for a couple hundred a piece and didn't sell them and they are now panicing that they will have to eat these tickets

what i'm saying is that ...there are people who for one reason or another cannot make it to the game...there's absolutely nothing wrong with selling it and if you can make a profit no big that' s great.

Forgot this Quote
"I've already given away a ticket i couldn't use this year and secondly i have sold a pair of extra tickets on here for face value..."

Do you know what your saying?
Why did you sell them when you could of given them away, must of been ****** day and you decided not to go to the game.:popcorn:

airbrake 1
12-19-2010, 10:10 PM
sorry everyone...i just got home and i want to take everything back i said for the last week....today is a great day for the steelers and the steeler nation...the steelers lost today and still clinched a playoff berth... and the steeler nation outdid my wildest expectations by only having 2,500 no shows today... i wonder if these same 2,500 will be showing up for our playoff game if we should win the division...only time and the weather will tell...for the record it was really comfortable at the game today if you knew how to dress...i took off my coat i was so warm, but i guess today would be classified as absolutely miserable by some...go steelers... were in baby no stopping us now dallas here we come

LarryNJ
12-19-2010, 10:11 PM
I would rather have 20,000 no shows and get a win. :)

steelersbabex25
12-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Christ. Nobody really cares for or needs your play by play of how many people were at the game. Steeler Nation is Steeler Nation, regardless of what kind of day you think the crowd had.

And for the record, nobody cares if you were warm either. I dressed in 6 layers last week and I was still cold. Unfortunately, not all of us are invincible.

airbrake 1
12-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Christ. Nobody really cares for or needs your play by play of how many people were at the game. Steeler Nation is Steeler Nation, regardless of what kind of day you think the crowd had.

And for the record, nobody cares if you were warm either. I dressed in 6 layers last week and I was still cold. Unfortunately, not all of us are invincible.

you should stay in DC and leave the steelers to us experts in the burgh...i think you would look absolutely great in purple and black or wait orange and brown might do you better

steelersbabex25
12-19-2010, 10:25 PM
you should stay in DC and leave the steelers to us experts in the burgh...i think you would look absolutely great in purple and black or wait orange and brown might do you better

Purple and black? And here I was convinced that the Redskins colors were burgundy and gold.

You're kidding me right? Everyone that doesn't live in Pittsburgh shouldn't be allowed to be a Steeler fan. Interesting philosophy, Aristotle.

airbrake 1
12-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Purple in black? And here I was convinced that the Redskins colors were burgundy and gold.

baltimore or DC one big **** hole any way you look at it and i just flushed you...sista

SteelDad
12-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Crowd sounded outstanding tonight despite the opening KO TD. Looked like a great environment.

airbrake 1
12-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Crowd sounded outstanding tonight despite the opening KO TD. Looked like a great environment.

the crowd was great today...no complaints ...heinz field was on fire on that last drive too bad it didn't end with a TD and a win... i really thought we were going to get it done ...oh well we will get them on thursday

--- Added 12/19/2010 at 09:35 PM ---

6 layers and freezing with the temperature around 35 what do you have running through your veins urine

steelersbabex25
12-19-2010, 10:39 PM
6 layers and freezing with the temperature around 35 what do you have running through your veins urine

Sorry, I don't live in Pittsburgh and am therefore not an Eskimo. Guess I don't have a right to be a Steeler fan.

airbrake 1
12-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Sorry, I don't live in Pittsburgh and am therefore not an Eskimo. Guess I don't have a right to be a Steeler fan.

you said it plato(ette)...perhaps a nice flat in sparta somewhere would do you good...then you could watch soccer in the warm mediterrean climate...seems like soccer would be a better fit for you...seeing that football is a game that requires constitution and fortitude

steelersbabex25
12-19-2010, 10:46 PM
you said it plato(ette)...perhaps a nice flat in sparta somewhere would do you good...then you could watch soccer in the warm mediterrean climate...seems like soccer would be a better fit for you...seeing that football is a game that requires constitution and fortitude

Good thing I just watch football and don't play it..

airbrake 1
12-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Good thing I just watch football and don't play it..

didn't i flush you...you are that irritating nugget that wont go away no matter how many times you flush it...swirl...swirl...swirl and you pop right back to the surface...bye sweetie some of us have to work tomorrow...if you want some more tomorrow just PM me and i give you some more of my time...go steelers

steelersbabex25
12-19-2010, 10:53 PM
didn't i flush you...you are that irritating nugget that wont go away no matter how many times you flush it...swirl...swirl...swirl and you pop right back to the surface...bye sweetie some of us have to work tomorrow...if you want some more tomorrow just PM me and i give you some more of my time...go steelers

How hypocritical of you. Have fun filling peoples brains with things that they don't give a **** about.

jnes1216
12-20-2010, 11:28 AM
you should stay in DC and leave the steelers to us experts in the burgh...

For someone so concerned about the fans and their attendance, etc I'm sure you know the Steelers always have a large fan base at away games. Do you honestly think all those fans travel from Pittsburgh? If you are the prime example of these "expert" fans then it really is a sad day for Steeler Nation.