PDA

View Full Version : Steelers are gonna have their hands full next week.

Steelers_All_Day_43
12-12-2010, 04:26 PM
We need to get it together offensively. Our line better be ready to pick up a blitz. Can't have Ben getting smacked around like he was today.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2010, 04:32 PM
You know it, the Jets will bring the defense. We're at home which is a big plus. Sanchez is not playing well lately and he can be picked off. This game looks like one that will be a close defensive battle again unless the offense finds a way to score. +

LatrobePA
12-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Gotta beat the refs first!!

jnes1216
12-12-2010, 04:43 PM

3rd quarter these past few games have been really bad. Players need to keep focus, we seem to straighten up for the 4th.

Moondog
12-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Defense is rolling along, but the offense needs to catch some kind of stride. The road to the Super Bowl looks like it most likely will be through Foxboro, the Steeler O has got to play better if they want to have a decent chance in the playoffs.

Lunchbucket
12-12-2010, 05:49 PM
We need to get it together offensively. Our line better be ready to pick up a blitz. Can't have Ben getting smacked around like he was today.

Yea,Ben was getting the snot beat out of him today.How much more can he take?O line MUST protect him better

Moondog
12-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Yea,Ben was getting the snot beat out of him today.How much more can he take?O line MUST protect him better

But can they protect him?

Lunchbucket
12-12-2010, 05:54 PM
But can they protect him?

I don't have a clue:banging::banging:

Moondog
12-12-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't have a clue:banging::banging:

right there with you...:banging: :banging:

UKSTEELER
12-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Protection ain't giong to get better.

Playcalling needs to adapt, we've seen glimpsies, but on the critical downs Arians gets clueless.

Bengals D is struggling and we didn't get close to getting in the EZ.

Hopefully this shoddy offensive performance is another nail in the Arians coffin!

nuclearchihuahuas
12-12-2010, 06:08 PM
:scratch::bang:

did you mean physically? :reddevil:

LatrobePA
12-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Protection ain't giong to get better.

Playcalling needs to adapt, we've seen glimpsies, but on the critical downs Arians gets clueless.

Bengals D is struggling and we didn't get close to getting in the EZ.

Hopefully this shoddy offensive performance is another nail in the Arians coffin!

You nailed my brother from accross the pond!!

--- Added 12/12/2010 at 05:10 PM ---

did you mean physically? :reddevil:

Dude I would like to f'n roll them idiots up!! lol

coach
12-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Jets O strugglin as bad as ours.

Oh yeah, BA sucks.

jpele
12-12-2010, 06:17 PM
I don't know how much more I can take of The dumb play calling. I'm sure that if I can call 90% of the plays the Steelers are going to run,it's much easier for an NFL defense to figure it out.

LatrobePA
12-12-2010, 06:19 PM
I don't know how much more I can take of The dumb play calling. I'm sure that if I can call 90% of the plays the Steelers are going to run,it's much easier for an NFL defense to figure it out.

Makes me want to PUKE!!

LarryNJ
12-12-2010, 06:39 PM
The Jets don't look to good even at 9-3. They have a whooping 3 points against the Dolphins going into the 4th quarter.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-12-2010, 06:43 PM
The Jets don't look to good even at 9-3. They have a whooping 3 points against the Dolphins going into the 4th quarter.

I'm scoping out their game as well. I am totally unimpressed with their offense, definitely no better than ours, even with Holmes. I'd say its going to come down to the better defense. They have great DBs, but we have better everything else.

LarryNJ
12-12-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm scoping out their game as well. I am totally unimpressed with their offense, definitely no better than ours, even with Holmes. I'd say its going to come down to the better defense. They have great DBs, but we have better everything else.

They just didn't make another 3rd down and the announcer said "I really don't understand the play calling" maybe he should watch next week and he can be twice as confused! :lol: Than the go for it on 4th down and don't make it.

xxxsteelernation
12-12-2010, 06:50 PM
well this game here was not so much the oline not protecting ben, it was about late hits on ben that was not being called, i saw several hits on ben that after the ball was cleanly out the defender had take atleast 4 extra steps to hit him

nuclearchihuahuas
12-12-2010, 06:50 PM
They just didn't make another 3rd down and the announcer said "I really don't understand the play calling" maybe he should watch next week and he can be twice as confused! :lol: Than the go for it on 4th down and don't make it.

:yellowthumb:

coach
12-12-2010, 06:54 PM

Holmes pulled a Sweed and dropped a sure TD in the EZ earlier in game.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Holmes pulled a Sweed and dropped a sure TD in the EZ earlier in game.

Holmes is off this game...don't know what is up with him--hasn't looked right all game. Hope it continues next week

LarryNJ
12-12-2010, 07:15 PM
He had a nice catch last series that put them in FG range. The Jets got the ball with 2 minutes left. It's number 10's time of the game.

airbrake 1
12-12-2010, 07:36 PM
it should be a tough close game but it's one we should win....the cheatriots on the other hand are something alltogether different i firmly believe belicheat is up to some type of skullduggery again...i've been watching this game for nearly fourty years and have never(especially in the salary cap era)seen one team beating other quality teams(pittsburgh,jets,chicago) like this especially on their home field...look at all the other games between quality opponents they are all nail biters except for the cheatriots....spygate was was the tip of the iceberg...i believe kraft has some type of black ops crew of cryptographers and analysts scrutinizing the others teams for some edge...there is no way in the salary cap era that one team does this to 3 other quality teams

steelchamp204
12-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Im not fearing the Jets at all at this point, they are the most overated team this year. Yes even more than the cowboys when they had romo. Glad ryan just stfu now plz.

lloydfan4life
12-12-2010, 08:46 PM
it should be a tough close game but it's one we should win....the cheatriots on the other hand are something alltogether different i firmly believe belicheat is up to some type of skullduggery again...i've been watching this game for nearly fourty years and have never(especially in the salary cap era)seen one team beating other quality teams(pittsburgh,jets,chicago) like this especially on their home field...look at all the other games between quality opponents they are all nail biters except for the cheatriots....spygate was was the tip of the iceberg...i believe kraft has some type of black ops crew of cryptographers and analysts scrutinizing the others teams for some edge...there is no way in the salary cap era that one team does this to 3 other quality teams

:iagree:

something just doesn't seem to be on the level

Wouldn't surprise me if Roger the Dictator was somehow involved too..... after all, he WAS the one who swept it under the rug originally and convieniently 'destroyed' the evidence. :OA02:

Troyisabeast_43
12-12-2010, 09:11 PM
The Jets are going to be desperate as hell coming in here next week because now after 2 straight loses they are now fighting for their playoff lives...A win next week against the Jets with the pathetic Panthers coming in here the following week will all but wrap up the AFC North for the Steelers...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Sanchez is not playing well right now, they are vulnerable to our defense. The same can be said for our offense though so I think this is going to be a defensive battle and the team with the least mistakes on offense is going to win. It's a very winnable game for us, no doubt.

steelersbabex25
12-12-2010, 11:01 PM
The Jets are going to be desperate as hell coming in here next week because now after 2 straight loses they are now fighting for their playoff lives...A win next week against the Jets with the pathetic Panthers coming in here the following week will all but wrap up the AFC North for the Steelers...

What he said :plus1:

Dean Denton
12-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Yeah, the play calling is getting worse. No way can this team keep up with the Patriots without scoring TD's. And really, the Pats are the only team that the Steelers need to worry about. any other team and it wouldn't matter all that much. and I know it looks like BA is getting closer to getting the boot, but...What if this team wins another SB, do ya still think he gets the boot? I say no way.

Real Deal Steel
12-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Next week's game won't be hard at all. We just do what we do:

We take away the run, Sanchez is forced to try and carry the offense, he fails and throws us picks. We win.

27-6 Steelers.

Troyisabeast_43
12-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Next week's game won't be hard at all. We just do what we do:

We take away the run, Sanchez is forced to try and carry the offense, he fails and throws us picks. We win.

27-6 Steelers.

The Steelers arent going to win this game by 3 TD's I highly doubt it. Keep in mind the Jets will be desperate and absolutely will need to have this game more then the Steelers will. They will play the Steelers very tough and this game will prob come right down to the wire in the 4th quarter...It will not be a walk in the park by any stretch anybody who thinks that is being foolish for sure...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Jets 8-0 against teams under 500.......1-3 against teams over 500......Sanchez can't play in bad/cold weather......He sucks worse in it.........Jets don't worry me at all........

I understand the constant complaints about the offense......But with how banged up the offense is right now its to be expected.........I don't know how Ben even is playing at this point.......lol

Farrior Fan
12-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Holmes is off this game...don't know what is up with him--hasn't looked right all game. Hope it continues next week

yeah, who knows what was up with Tone this week http://planetsmilies.net/smoking-smiley-5427.gif

Steel Trap86
12-13-2010, 12:14 AM
The Steelers arent going to win this game by 3 TD's I highly doubt it. Keep in mind the Jets will be desperate and absolutely will need to have this game more then the Steelers will. They will play the Steelers very tough and this game will prob come right down to the wire in the 4th quarter...It will not be a walk in the park by any stretch anybody who thinks that is being foolish for sure...

Sanchez is gonna get murdered, I think they win by at least 10 points and 3 TD's wouldn't surprise me. Jets won't even be able to hang

igor0190
12-13-2010, 12:17 AM
The way our offense is playing I could see this game having 4-5 FG's and 0 TD's

pimplydan
12-13-2010, 12:23 AM
too bad our offence is shaky or else we would be saying that we will kick their __ss.but we probable will just the same.Steeler magic............................................. .......PIMP:stirpot:

Real Deal Steel
12-13-2010, 12:42 AM
The Jets can't run the ball and are a one-demensional team. With that one demension not functioning because the QB isn't really that good. We win this game going away because their defense will wear down from all the turnovers from the offense.

steelchamp204
12-13-2010, 06:53 AM

The jets were suppose to be depserate this week off that embarrassing 45-3 loss to the pats, and what did they do? Nothing(on top of that, at home). Specially against a dolphins team who had more punts than the qb had completions. Think Henne only had 5 completetions lastnight. Idk what all the hype is about the jets at all. They kinda remind me of the bengals just with a better record. There defense is very overated. Revis has his big contract and has done nothing really at all this year with all the offseason hype. Rex isnt running his swagger mouth off and the Jets could easily be 7-6, or 6-7 right now. They cant beat a good football team(well the pats in week 2 and the texans, if that counts). They have us next week and the Bears the following. I can see them finishing 10-6 or 9-7 since buffalo will play them tough for there season finale.

popstaala
12-13-2010, 10:07 AM
I honestly think the Jets are overrated as a whole team... in my own oppinion.. the talent we have on offense (too fast Wallace n too furious Hines) are mismatch for cromartie and revis... cromartie cant stop hines when he was a bolt... and revis 1on1 with wallace is almost laughable considering how revis keep getting burn by speedy receivers.. im pretty sure revis, who 99% of the time press receivers, has never cover anyone with such speed.. i bet hes going to give wallace a 10 yard cushion on every snap and we seen it every game how wallace still manage to make big plays... On the running game... they should be more concern than us... thats the only offense they got other than former steeler Holmes.. the whole world knows theres no better team at stopping the run (700 and change total rush yard all season, the next team close to our rush D is about 400 yards away).. no doubt jets will be forced all game to pass... and thats where our linebackers will fest on inaccurate glumsy sanchez's bones.. i also think ike will have a big game covering Holmes.. just as fast, could be faster, and i would assume Ikes very familiar with Holmes cuts and breaks.. which give him alot of advantage with additional to his size..
I really dont see any big threats in their offense that could give them any advatange over our D.... Ike would laugh at Edwards.. Macfadden or Gay can cover Edwards with Clark spotlight zone all day.. Ike take out Holmes, Troy covers the rest.. their # 5 rushing O will get their biggest test against our front 7 (#3,9,10,11 rushing O we played already yards at 42 Turner, 34 CJ,59 Fred Jackson, and Primetime Darren Macfadden with 12).. by that being said i predict a 3 point allowed by our D (two roughing the Passer on JH down to their redzone), potential multi picks for Troy possibility of going to the house at 99%, Bonecrushing Harrison and Facestomping Woodley with multi sacks and FF.. our offense (30% Arians 70% Dick) will manage to break some big plays and score(Arians FG are points too) 17 points.. key matchup Wallace vs revis... Timmons vs short pass LT... Woodley and Harrison vs pretty face Sanchez, finally Troy vs the rest or their Organization... i am 100% gaurantee without doubt that Rex Ryan will **** his pants and pooo all over the place every single time he sees the hair and during practice this week hes going to be burying a bottle of head and shoulder.

LatrobePA
12-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Offense can't get any worse so the sky is the limit. Corners are good but that leaves the middle open, I say Heath has a big game! Dirty Sanchez is scared of this game as well as Rex...

DanRooney
12-13-2010, 12:23 PM
I honestly think the Jets are overrated as a whole team... in my own oppinion.. the talent we have on offense (too fast Wallace n too furious Hines) are mismatch for cromartie and revis... cromartie cant stop hines when he was a bolt... and revis 1on1 with wallace is almost laughable considering how revis keep getting burn by speedy receivers.. im pretty sure revis, who 99% of the time press receivers, has never cover anyone with such speed.. i bet hes going to give wallace a 10 yard cushion on every snap and we seen it every game how wallace still manage to make big plays... On the running game... they should be more concern than us... thats the only offense they got other than former steeler Holmes.. the whole world knows theres no better team at stopping the run (700 and change total rush yard all season, the next team close to our rush D is about 400 yards away).. no doubt jets will be forced all game to pass... and thats where our linebackers will fest on inaccurate glumsy sanchez's bones.. i also think ike will have a big game covering Holmes.. just as fast, could be faster, and i would assume Ikes very familiar with Holmes cuts and breaks.. which give him alot of advantage with additional to his size..
I really dont see any big threats in their offense that could give them any advatange over our D.... Ike would laugh at Edwards.. Macfadden or Gay can cover Edwards with Clark spotlight zone all day.. Ike take out Holmes, Troy covers the rest.. their # 5 rushing O will get their biggest test against our front 7 (#3,9,10,11 rushing O we played already yards at 42 Turner, 34 CJ,59 Fred Jackson, and Primetime Darren Macfadden with 12).. by that being said i predict a 3 point allowed by our D (two roughing the Passer on JH down to their redzone), potential multi picks for Troy possibility of going to the house at 99%, Bonecrushing Harrison and Facestomping Woodley with multi sacks and FF.. our offense (30% Arians 70% Dick) will manage to break some big plays and score(Arians FG are points too) 17 points.. key matchup Wallace vs revis... Timmons vs short pass LT... Woodley and Harrison vs pretty face Sanchez, finally Troy vs the rest or their Organization... i am 100% gaurantee without doubt that Rex Ryan will **** his pants and pooo all over the place every single time he sees the hair and during practice this week hes going to be burying a bottle of head and shoulder.

This is homerism at its finest.

Our offensive line is terrible. Ben should have a long game running for his life. If the Jets pour on the blitz, I don't see anything getting done on offense.

Saying Cromartie can't cover Hines Ward is laughable. Hines can only get open when teams are playing zone. That's what Cromartie was complaining about when he was with the Chargers. You can line the worst corner on Ward man-to-man and he won't be able to get open. He's too slow.

Rampage
12-13-2010, 12:36 PM
This is a very dangerous game. A hungry Jets team, playoff implications, December weather, a terrible offensive line, and a gimpy Ben. A win would be huge for this team; however, the Jets are not going to roll over.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Jets 8-0 vs teams under 500 and 1-3 vs teams over 500.....The Jets are not good and yes the Steelers have problems on offense no doubt.....But the Jets offense hasn't been lighting up the scoreboard either and playing well....Ben at least can play in poor weather conditions or in the cold unlike Dirty Sanchez.........Sanchez is a little bitch and doesn't like the cold.....

coldrolled
12-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Yeah, the play calling is getting worse. No way can this team keep up with the Patriots without scoring TD's. And really, the Pats are the only team that the Steelers need to worry about. any other team and it wouldn't matter all that much. and I know it looks like BA is getting closer to getting the boot, but...What if this team wins another SB, do ya still think he gets the boot? I say no way.

Fire Arians, Hire Josh, Beat the Pats.. 5 games to warm up the new OC before the AFCC..

Josh would love to redeem himself against the Pats.. :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
12-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Fire Arians, Hire Josh, Beat the Pats.. 5 games to warm up the new OC before the AFCC..

Josh would love to redeem himself against the Pats.. :yellowthumb:

Like Troy, this just brought a tear to eye!! Just imagine having an offense to go with this stellar defense!! :popcorn:

Goodfrom55
12-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Jets may not be as good as their record, but they are physical. Look for the Steelers to "hopefully" come out with a lot of 3 wide sets to prevent the Jets from loading up the box. Will definitely see a lot of man coverage, because the Jets don't create a lot of pressure without blitzing. Granted that might change against our line, but I think Revis will draw Wallace and Ward will go up against Cromartie. That leaves Sanders or Brown or hopefully Heath Miller against a backup safety or nickel back.

It will be up to the defense to keep the Steelers in this game. Note: In 2010, Jets are 1-4 vs teams with a winning record, and barely beat Cleveland, Denver and Detroit. BUT, if the Steelers allow them to hang around, they will find a way to get it done.

mwittman5
12-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Cromartie is overrated. When he was a charger and faced him he had a lot of trouble against us. They will put revis on ward to stop him bcz they know revis isn't as fast as wallace

steelersbabex25
12-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Honestly, what I'm most scared of is their coaching staff beating up our players..

LatrobePA
12-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Honestly, what I'm most scared of is their coaching staff beating up our players..

:tt02::nono::tt02:

Troyisabeast_43
12-13-2010, 04:50 PM
I expect the Steelers to shut down LT and Greene enough in this game to where it will come down to whether or not Mark Sanchez can beat the Steelers with his arm. I dont know if he can or not but one thing about Sanchez is he will battle and fight and he finds ways to make plays. The Jets have a very good receiving core with Braylon,Santanio,Cotchery and Keller their tight end. They will test this Steelers secondary for sure. You know Holmes will be fired up for this game and want to make a statement in front of the Heinz Field crowd. This will be another hard fought close game that will come right down to the wire. It will come down to which QB makes the least mistakes I believe and I will take Ben over Sanchez as far as that goes which is why I like the Steelers to win this game. Make no mistake about it this is still a very very dangerous game because the Jets need this game a lot more then the Steelers do. If they drop 3 games in a row to 3 consecutive AFC teams their chances of making the playoffs are really going to decrease seeing that they have to go play in Chicago the following Sunday against a tough Bears team that will need to win as well. The Jets need this game more as far as playoff chances are concerned; however, the Steelers need to keep in mind that if they win this game against the Jets this Sunday and the Ravens drop their game with Houston tonight or next week against the Saints the Steelers can not only clinch the AFC North the following week with the pathetic Carolina Panthers coming into town, but they can also clinch a first round bye as well. So the Steelers have a lot on the line as well and need to come out and bring that same intensity and desperation that Im sure the Jets will bring...

coldrolled
12-14-2010, 07:34 AM
I expect the Steelers to shut down LT and Greene enough in this game to where it will come down to whether or not Mark Sanchez can beat the Steelers with his arm. I dont know if he can or not but one thing about Sanchez is he will battle and fight and he finds ways to make plays. The Jets have a very good receiving core with Braylon,Santanio,Cotchery and Keller their tight end. They will test this Steelers secondary for sure. You know Holmes will be fired up for this game and want to make a statement in front of the Heinz Field crowd. This will be another hard fought close game that will come right down to the wire. It will come down to which QB makes the least mistakes I believe and I will take Ben over Sanchez as far as that goes which is why I like the Steelers to win this game. Make no mistake about it this is still a very very dangerous game because the Jets need this game a lot more then the Steelers do. If they drop 3 games in a row to 3 consecutive AFC teams their chances of making the playoffs are really going to decrease seeing that they have to go play in Chicago the following Sunday against a tough Bears team that will need to win as well. The Jets need this game more as far as playoff chances are concerned; however, the Steelers need to keep in mind that if they win this game against the Jets this Sunday and the Ravens drop their game with Houston tonight or next week against the Saints the Steelers can not only clinch the AFC North the following week with the pathetic Carolina Panthers coming into town, but they can also clinch a first round bye as well. So the Steelers have a lot on the line as well and need to come out and bring that same intensity and desperation that Im sure the Jets will bring...

:plus1::cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2010, 02:09 PM
The Jets are most definitely beatable. This game the last big hurrah for the Steelers as far as tough opponents. You can't overlook anyone but clearly the Jets are toughest of the 3 remaining.

Sanchez will be vulnerable to our pass rush and we should be ablet to get atleast 1 or 2 INT's off him if we blitz and get in his face. They've got weapons so you can't just sit back and dare him to throw. Ike Taylor will be on HOlmes for sure so that will be a fun matchup to watch.

I like our chances but the Jets will be playing desperate football and looking to redeem themselves.

TampaSteelGirl
12-14-2010, 02:43 PM
The Jets are most definitely beatable. This game the last big hurrah for the Steelers as far as tough opponents. You can't overlook anyone but clearly the Jets are toughest of the 3 remaining.

Sanchez will be vulnerable to our pass rush and we should be ablet to get atleast 1 or 2 INT's off him if we blitz and get in his face. They've got weapons so you can't just sit back and dare him to throw. Ike Taylor will be on HOlmes for sure so that will be a fun matchup to watch.

I like our chances but the Jets will be playing desperate football and looking to redeem themselves.

Yes Matt GREAT matchup with Santonio and Ike for sure and this is a dangerous game for us becuase the Jets are so desperate right now...I would love to embarrass them like the Pats did...but i'll just take the W...:yesnod:

Real Deal Steel
12-14-2010, 10:49 PM
We make it a point to stick to running the ball. Quick passes to Hines and Miller. All this will frustrate the pass rushers.

In the meantime, our defense takes away their running game and will make Sanchez throw us atleast two picks.

We get the ball on short fields, then Ben will mix in a 7 step drop, and presto...touchdowns.

jnes1216
12-14-2010, 11:43 PM
A very close game imo. Holmes finds a way as he did when he was with us. The Steelers off line needs to step up. Leonhard being gone is a break for us, he's the QB for their defense and you can see the results for them. I believe the Jets cover our #1 and #2 but the third receiver is our key. Whether that be Heath or A Brown. Ward and Wallace are decoys when being covered by Cromartie and Revis. I don't think they have a match for our #3. Sanders and Brown are huge again to keep drives alive. I just don't think Arians does the smart thing and run the ball, so these two rookies step up.

LatrobePA
12-15-2010, 12:23 AM
You guys are trip'n!!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK-sOmjqIiJeyMJwrMLDup3oKEFT-nMm4sF1O-7Ktjev3rNGnbTA

jnes1216
12-15-2010, 04:24 AM
Coaches or not, Ike has his hands full with Holmes. LT is a stud and has some good runs, while Cochthery is open down field. Keller is a force but is abandoned, and the steel curtain somehow delivers. All in all, the NJ gameplan is effective but abandoned and the Steelers come down hard. A sneakey win but a win nonetheless, see ya in Januarary. I will slip into the favorites/ Yea, one last time into the chosen one,,, said to me, never me!!.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Both teams secondary is going to be busy. Covering Wallace isn't an easy task and of course Ike knows full well how hard it can be to cover Holmes. Santonio is yapping on twitter about how he expects a standing O from the crowd and that he will score on us. This will be a chippy game right from the start.

Steel Trap86
12-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Both teams secondary is going to be busy. Covering Wallace isn't an easy task and of course Ike knows full well how hard it can be to cover Holmes. Santonio is yapping on twitter about how he expects a standing O from the crowd and that he will score on us. This will be a chippy game right from the start.

He deserves nothing less then a standing ovation. Holmes had every Steeler fan on this planet on their feet yelling, cheering and spilling beer on his jersey at a Superbowl parade. he was released for legitimate reasons, but he was still the best receiver we had in a LONG time just 2 seasons ago.

As far as scoring on us, I wouldn't be surprised if he did and you know he's got something ready for us when he does lol. If everybody gives him the recognition he deserves then I hope he gets shut out, but if everybody boos him then I HOPE he scores 1 touchdown, either way the Jets are losing

LatrobePA
12-16-2010, 08:39 PM

I have a horrible feeling the pressure they apply on Ben will be too much for this OL to handle!

Thus we will not have to worry about Ben hitting Wallace deep!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2010, 11:50 AM
You can bet your last dollar that Rex Ryan will blitz our OL within an inch of their life. He will bring the pressure until we prove we can stop it. Ben has said that he doesn't get rid of the ball quickly, it's not his style of play, so that is not going to change.

He is going to have to burn in the passing game or Mendy is going to have to get the ground game going to slow down the pass rush. The Jets will have no issues allowing Revis & Cromartie to go one on one with our WR's most of the day. If we can't take advantage of it it's going to be a long day.

Real Deal Steel
12-18-2010, 04:10 PM
With no Troy, it's really going to be tough now. Our secondary is open now like 7-11.

We allready know they are going to blitz our offense. That's why we cut Ben's pass attempts down to 15 to 17 this game and play field position and run the ball.

Rampage
12-19-2010, 12:11 PM
I have a horrible feeling the pressure they apply on Ben will be too much for this OL to handle!

Thus we will not have to worry about Ben hitting Wallace deep!!

Line me up on Scott and I'll get to Ben. Line this Jets d-line against this o-line and Ben will be laying on his back more often than a five dollar hooker. I trust Pouncey, Adams, and Kemoeatu to do moderately well; however, Scott and Foster have yet to show promise. I still think that it is time to suit up Hills. Either he works or he doesn't.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-19-2010, 12:20 PM
We are screwed without Troy ... our o-line is just screwed any way... and I have this horrible feeling, Santonio is going to do his best to make certain the Rooney's know what they gave away. Suddenly, I am not so certain about this game. RUH RHO!

LatrobePA
12-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Line me up on Scott and I'll get to Ben. Line this Jets d-line against this o-line and Ben will be laying on his back more often than a five dollar hooker. I trust Pouncey, Adams, and Kemoeatu to do moderately well; however, Scott and Foster have yet to show promise. I still think that it is time to suit up Hills. Either he works or he doesn't.

You leave my sister out of this!! lol

Yes this oline will be tested, lets just hope we have a counter attack!!

Rampage
12-19-2010, 01:04 PM
You leave my sister out of this!! lol

Yes this oline will be tested, lets just hope we have a counter attack!!

:lol:

Hopefully these guys can wow us and put together a solid game. They are being paid professional salaries for a reason.