PDA

View Full Version : Sit Troy and Ben with lead

jnes1216
12-12-2010, 04:09 PM
I have to question the coaches decision to keep these two in the game with a two score lead this late in the season against a team who has lost nine (now ten) in a row. I know its a divisional game, but with the Jets next week and the playoffs looming I think the prudent thing to do would have been to rest them for next week.

Yes Troy made another INT late but I have to throw the question out there. I was shocked to see Troy out there right after he scored.

Coaches need to look at the bigger picture imo. Bengals were not letting up on Big Ben either. With no flags thrown, why would they? I counted 3 steps a Bengal DB took after Ben released the ball and he still hit him with no flag.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2010, 04:18 PM
The game was hardly in hand until Troy's final INT. The Bengals came back last year to beat us twice in the 4th quarter, they haven't forgotten that they got swept last year. The way the offense was playing there is no way you pull either of those players until you are sure it's over. They weren't scoring TD's at all, and kept shooting themselves in the foot. There's no way Leftwich would have been able to do what Ben did to keep drives alive and keep that time of possession in our favor.

jnes1216
12-12-2010, 04:47 PM
The game was hardly in hand until Troy's final INT.

I thought the game was in hand before there was only 23 seconds left. Woodley's pick six knocked them flat. They lost nine in a row and their confidence was reeling. Maybe leave Ben in, but IMO Troy should have been rested. He's not the most durable guy and I would have leaned on the safer side. I want him full force for the reunion with Holmes.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2010, 04:52 PM
When you have a team like Cincy who has been in virtually every game all year long. Games where they have come back and nearly won, or had big leads going into the 4th quarter you don't give up on them. The fact that we have nobody decent to come in if Troy goes out and Lefty hasn't played since Ben came back, I would have been shocked if they pulled those guys. Honestly, with the way the offense was playing, I wasn't real confident in them even with Ben in there, let alone without him in there.

airbrake 1
12-12-2010, 06:09 PM
the game was not a given win until the lat few minutes...i have no problem with them leaving ben and troy in...perhaps in a game like the oakland game i would agree, but not today

steelersbabex25
12-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Are you kidding? Until you've clinched that #2 seed, you play all your starters. I don't have a problem with the starters sitting in week 17 when the playoff picture is pretty much set, but we're still battling with the Ravens for the ANF North title here. You never go easy until you've won it.

jnes1216
12-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Don't know if it would have made a difference for the Jets game that he is now sitting, but I still thought they should have let Troy sit the 2nd half. Half a game on an aggravated injury probably wasn't good.