PDA

View Full Version : Media wakes up...

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Looks like people are waking up to the possibility....

” Yes, the Steelers are a team no one in the AFC wants to face in the first round of the playoffs.” – The Herald Standard (Charlotte)

“With five victories in six games, the Steelers (7-7) have the look of a team that could be very dangerous in the postseason. Their defense is playing at a championship-like level with one touchdown allowed in three games. Their running game is peaking with Willie Parker gaining 355 yards in his last two games.” – Associated Press

“It may be too late, but the Pittsburgh Steelers are finally playing like last season's Super Bowl team.” – NFL.com

“First Pittsburgh's fans took over Carolina's stadium. Then the Steelers manhandled the Panthers to all but end their playoff hopes.” – WLTX.com (Columbia, SC)

'We allowed a team to come in here that's playing for nothing and ruin our season for us” – Keyshawn Johnson

“The playoff picture in the AFC is simply mind-boggling. The Steelers are still in it, even though they rank 12th out of 16 AFC teams in the standings.” - WPXI

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2006, 02:13 AM
Yes after our win yesterday, all of the sudden we're being talked about again on NFL network. All of the sudden ESPN thinks we have a shot and we're a good team again !

Well screw it, I liked it better when nobody mentioned us but so what...we're on a mission now with a collision course set for Heinz this sunday with the Ratbirds. We just have to keep winning !!

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-19-2006, 02:16 AM
The follow up show after the game ...we were still being written off!! only Berman was saying don't forget the 7-7 teams..

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2006, 02:40 AM
Berman has been saying all year long that don't count us out just yet, that we aren't as bad as our record, etc...now he's being proven right !

SteelersWoman
12-19-2006, 03:58 AM
Yeah--out of all the 7-7 teams, he mentioned the Jets (I think) and the Steelers in particular. Of course, everyone else made fun of him.

I do believe they were laughing at us last year too...

gunnerrick
12-19-2006, 08:03 AM
I haven't given up hope but it might be 1 game too late. Oh, to have the Oakland game back again! :helmet:

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-19-2006, 12:10 PM
I haven't given up hope but it might be 1 game too late. Oh, to have the Oakland game back again! :helmet:

and the San Diego, Cincy, Jacksonville... Baltimorons well we just sucked that game!!

BBG7
12-19-2006, 12:14 PM
'We allowed a team to come in here that's playing for nothing and ruin our season for us” – Keyshawn Johnson

That one pisses me off. Even if we have dug ourselves too deep, we still have pride and our guys won't just lay down. Maybe the Panthers overlooked us a little and figured we would just give up and hand them the game. Well guess what...we're not!!!! You ruined you're season, Keyshawn...don't ever take the Steelers lightly!

House of Steel
12-19-2006, 12:16 PM
KeyShawn is a whining bitchy whore that deserves everything bad thrown at him. I can't stand that man just like Chad Johnson. Ego maniac that wants everything his way.

BBG7
12-19-2006, 12:24 PM
KeyShawn is a whining bitchy whore that deserves everything bad thrown at him. I can't stand that man just like Chad Johnson. Ego maniac that wants everything his way.

Yeah he's a prick, and I love being hte ones to end thier season for them...now maybe we can ruin Chad's too!!!!:tt02:

BBG7
12-19-2006, 12:26 PM

Yeah he's a prick, and I love being the ones to end his season...now maybe we can ruin Chad's too!!!!:tt02:

House of Steel
12-19-2006, 12:36 PM
The Cleveland Media is getting very pissy about us making a strong run and statement for the playoffs.

Mary Kay Cabot, NewsChannel 5, "The Steelers are making a strong case to run to the postseason which in many reasons, is making Browns fans red with envy."

John Telich and Tony Rizzo, Fox 8 News Tag Team Sports, "Our Neighbors down the interstate, our rivals are making a name and a case for themselves after beating down the Panthers of Carolina. They are finally coming together and becoming dangerous. Now I am getting steamed here."

Jim Donovan, Channel 3 News Sports, "The Browns are officially out of the playoffs, but can you believe the Steelers, our rivals down the pike, can make a run at this. They are becoming red hot at the perfect time, but could it be too late?"

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Yeah he's a prick, and I love being the ones to end his season...now maybe we can ruin Chad's too!!!!:tt02:

That would be the icing on the cake !!!! :towelwave: :bengalssuck:

BBG7
12-19-2006, 01:51 PM
The Cleveland Media is getting very pissy about us making a strong run and statement for the playoffs.

Oh jealousy...How flattering :lol:

steelcurtain09
12-19-2006, 02:32 PM
down here near baltimore they dont even care

they talked for 10 minutes strait bout the bungles and then the bills and their chances on gettin into the playoffs but dint evn mention the Steelers

AZ_Steeler
12-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Everybody is talking about the Steelers right now in the media! The defense has only given up what 13 points the last 3 games... if they do make the playoffs I feel sorry for the team they play in the first round! :cope: