PDA

View Full Version : Steelers looking for some "get back" vs the Ratbirds

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2006, 02:07 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06353/747217-66.stm

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers feel pretty good about themselves after running away with their third consecutive victory and their fifth in six games. They're playing their best football of the season and are among the hottest teams in the NFL.

"We're still Super Bowl champions," receiver Hines Ward declared. "Right now we're playing good football. We just have to continue doing it. What better way than winning five out of six games."

Unfortunately, they needed to win six of their past six to have a more realistic chance to make the playoffs, and the team that prevented them from doing so appears in Heinz Field Sunday.

"We definitely have to avenge a tough loss against Baltimore next week," linebacker Joey Porter said.

The Baltimore Ravens are the AFC North Division rulers. They have won seven of their past eight and sit atop the division at 11-3, in the lead for one of the top two seeds in the AFC and a first-round playoff bye. Their victories include a 27-0 spanking of the Steelers in Baltimore Nov. 26 that was not as close as the score might indicate.

Coach Bill Cowher called it "a very pitiful performance."

The Steelers used some choice words to describe that game, "embarrassing" the most prominent as the Ravens sacked Ben Roethlisberger nine times and were firmly in control by the half when they led in total yards, 215-36. The Steelers' 21 yards rushing that day were their fewest in the past 34 years.

"Now we're a totally different ballclub from that team," Ward insisted. "We're playing with confidence and this, for us, is kind of like get-back. We really want to face them again."

Pay back, get back, whatever you want to call it...this game is personal ! They embarrassed us last time in their house. Now it's our turn, we need to keep this streak going, and win this game mainly for our record sake but also to stick it to Ray Ray and the ratbirds !

BBG7
12-19-2006, 01:56 PM
We can't let the Ratbirds sweep us this year. We have to pay them back!!! I can't stand those guys.

AZ_Steeler
12-19-2006, 02:24 PM
BBG7 is right! A sweep by the Ratbirds would be the worst thing ever!!! The Steelers are playing really well right now and I just don't see them losing to the Ratbirds!! The Steelers will want to try and ruin their chances of that first round bye in the playoffs! :bigthumb:

steelcurtain09
12-19-2006, 02:34 PM
just heard tht after his injury Steve McNair will play

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2006, 03:58 PM
This whole team needs to stay fired up and come out firing on all cylinders. If we can get on them early and keep the crowd into it, that will help all the more !

The SA contingent going to this game needs to lead the charge !!

House of Steel
12-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Well We can surely knock McNair out for a loop in this game. It is damn easy, we own that fool.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2006, 12:12 AM
If you can't get up for this game, you can't get up for anything !

House of Steel
12-20-2006, 12:28 AM
I am up for this game. The hatred is boiling in me and that game in Baltimoron was a nasty aftertaste in the mouth. I WANT THIS GAME BADLY!!! I WANT TO SEE BLOOD!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2006, 12:41 AM
That loss to them last time just burns me up to no end, I still hate to think about it ! There's nothing more special than a AFCN win right before Christmas ,and what sweeter way to welcome Santa than with a Black n Gold celebration !