PDA

View Full Version : Steelers TE usage

SteelerEyeZ
12-09-2010, 09:40 PM
So I have been watching a lot of other games besides the Steelers this year and am watching the Colts Titans game right now ( Go Titans!!! ) One common thing this year with all the top teams is the TE usage. How come we don't use the TE more (I mean i know BA doesn't know who are TE are). Its no lie our O-Line is lead by a 20 year old and the others are below average most of the time. WHy doesn't Ben have a hot read TE more so when the blitz comes and gets through he doesn't have to run around and be super man ( Don't get me wrong I think he does a great job of it and it def helps our team) but wouldn't that help us a lot. To me this would be used more in the start of the game where it seems we are having trouble getting started.

Go Steelers!!!

P.S. anyone tailgating at the Jets game????:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

ctsteelah
12-09-2010, 10:23 PM
My only guess is that maybe they need to stand in and block more because of the less than average line.

JensK
12-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Because our o-line is so injured we need all the blocking help we can get. I agree with you though. We use SO many 3 TE sets, and we hardly ever give them the ball. Miller have amazing hands, and Matt Spaeth have amazing hands too. Matt can't block for ****, but he was an amazing catching TE in college.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2010, 09:06 AM
The Steelers have never used the TE as a major part of the offense, it's been that way since Noll was Coach. We've had some great ones over the years like Bennie Cunningham, Mark Bruener, Eric Greene, and now Heath. Miller is used more than most but he is still under used if you ask me. He is money every time he touches the ball, I'd be getting that guy 8-10 touches per game.

SteelCityKid5
12-10-2010, 06:20 PM
The day I see a screen with anyone besides Heath Miller or Mewelde Moore.. Im gonna do back flips

Zachintosh66
12-10-2010, 07:28 PM
well currently there isnt any TE's healthy, lol

Root4Stlrs
12-11-2010, 12:07 AM
The Steelers have never used the TE as a major part of the offense, it's been that way since Noll was Coach. We've had some great ones over the years like Bennie Cunningham, Mark Bruener, Eric Greene, and now Heath. Miller is used more than most but he is still under used if you ask me. He is money every time he touches the ball, I'd be getting that guy 8-10 touches per game.

That's exactly right. We've said the same thing for years. The tight end is there primarily to block and is underutilized, especially in Heath's case.

Rampage
12-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Like everyone else is saying, they need to stay at home and block. If this team had a stronger o-line, maybe you would start seeing these guys have bigger numbers. By the way, anyone else think Johnson did pretty well against the Ravens?