PDA

View Full Version : John Harbaugh the hypocrite

jpele
12-08-2010, 07:25 AM
In a pre-game interview about fines for illegal hits Harbaugh said he stands behind the NFL and that some day James Harrison will "get it".

Today:

OWINGS MILLS, Md.óBaltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh expressed shock and disbelief at inside linebacker Jameel McClain(notes) being fined $40,000 by the NFL for his concussion-causing hit on Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Heath Miller(notes). McClain knocked Miller out of the game.

The hefty fine represents 11.75 percent of McClain's $470,000 salary and is more than his $26,647 weekly game check.

ďI was shocked," Harbaugh said tonight on his weekly radio program. "Heís a first-time offender. Jameel,there was nothing he can do. I think the league understands that. I canít imagine why they fined him so much.

"Jameel tried to go low. He did everything humanly possible to hit the tight end low. You fine a guy $40,000 for trying to apply the rule. He tried to do something thatís against the rule of physics. I say you're taking someone's money unfairly."

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Hey Harbaugh, how about asking James Harrison how it feels to get fined an excessive amount.

LatrobePA
12-08-2010, 08:56 AM
"cry me a river"

Ibleedblk&gld
12-08-2010, 09:01 AM
the hit was unnecessary...that's what he's missing...he didn't lunge at heath until after the ball was long gone from his hands and he was starting to turn his head...i could understand his point if he hit him simultaneously, but the hit was late

Raleigh Steel
12-08-2010, 09:11 AM
In a pre-game interview about fines for illegal hits Harbaugh said he stands behind the NFL and that some day James Harrison will "get it".

"Jameel tried to go low. He did everything humanly possible to hit the tight end low. You fine a guy $40,000 for trying to apply the rule. He tried to do something thatís against the rule of physics. I say you're taking someone's money unfairly."

no...NOW john gets it!

SteelDad
12-08-2010, 09:17 AM
I think sometimes coaches do not think hard enough when they try to defend their players. His hit on Miller was extremely avoidable. He had 3 frickin' steps to both slow down AND he had a clear view of the ball NOT being caught. Let's face it, Harbaugh is still stinging from the loss.

igor0190
12-08-2010, 09:23 AM
What a hypocrite... Totally lost any remaining respect I had for him.

The Ratbirds were lucky up until this point to avoid one of these hits. When you play hard hitting defensive football, these kind of hits are just going to happen unfortunately.

steelersbabex25
12-08-2010, 09:26 AM
That is so ridiculously hypocritical. Like you said, before the game he was all, "Yeah, players (like James) need to learn how to adjust to the league." Okay Mr. Harbaugh, guess that doesn't apply to your own player

jnes1216
12-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Now I understand why Tomlin is so non committal in his comments about the league. I watched the pre-game interview with Harbaugh and his demeanor was like "if Ray Lewis can do it after being in the league for so long and at such a high level anyone can adjust their game." His comments make that victory all the sweeter, smug little bitch.

steelersbabex25
12-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Now I understand why Tomlin is so non committal in his comments about the league. I watched the pre-game interview with Harbaugh and his demeanor was like "if Ray Lewis can do it after being in the league for so long and at such a high level anyone can adjust their game." His comments make that victory all the sweeter, smug little bitch.

I don't think he should be using Ray Lewis as the poster child for non-violence..

igor0190
12-08-2010, 09:53 AM

I would be shocked if Ray doesn't find himself in a position to be fined for a hit at some point too. Ray backed up James Harrison after the Massoquoi hit in Sports Illustrated commenting on how that was a beautiful hit.

"What that boy did, James Harrison, was the most beautiful, legal hit," says Lewis. "If I'm a defensive coordinator, I'm saying, 'That's the way to do it!' Then they fine him $75,000 for doing his job. That's embarrassing for our game."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1176375/2/index.htm#ixzz17X3IzPnU

jpele
12-08-2010, 10:04 AM
I would be shocked if Ray doesn't find himself in a position to be fined for a hit at some point too.

He came close on Sunday. During one play Ward blocked and put Ray on his butt,when he got up off the ground he went after Hines and grabbed him but that's as far as it went.

igor0190
12-08-2010, 11:10 AM
He came close on Sunday. During one play Ward blocked and put Ray on his butt,when he got up off the ground he went after Hines and grabbed him but that's as far as it went.

Wish there was a replay of that somewhere! :popcorn:

lloydfan4life
12-08-2010, 12:21 PM
I hope this bothers you for years, Mr. Douchebaugh!

You and your team got what you deserved. :bigfinger:

.... and i hope we see you again in the playoffs.

jpele
12-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Wish there was a replay of that somewhere! :popcorn:

What ever pre game show Sterling Sharpe is on,they showed the clip

manofsteel
12-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Harbaugh is a crybaby. Hes just pissed cause he blew the game. Also he acts like his team isnt dirty. They are one of the dirtiest in the league:evilshake:

scpc
12-08-2010, 12:30 PM
don't know how to do a link but here is what I got. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cs15R ch80 go to search and type in ward at lewis crackback.flv
:banana: so funny I laughted out loud and pepsi all over my key board

jpele
12-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks scpc, maybe a flag should have been thrown on Lewis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Csl5R_ch80

harpo
12-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks scps, maybe a flag should have been thrown on Lewis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Csl5R_ch80

Yeah, I saw Ray grab Hines after it happened but I didn't know Ward decked him.....lol.

That's why I love "PlayBook" on NFL Network. They show you some things that you never saw during the course of the game.

Troyisabeast_43
12-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Harbaugh also said in his postgame press conference after the game that the Ravens gave the game away to the Steelers and pretty much gave them no credit at all for winning the game. Well I guess we can say the samething about the game here back in October your team won Harbaugh when the Steelers had the lead without Ben playing and "gave" it away in the last 40 seconds. Harbaugh is a ****ing piece of **** and he is slowly becoming a coach that chokes in big games late in the year. The Steelers have now beaten the Ravens twice in December in Baltimore in 2008 and this year in 2010 with the division title basically on the line in both games...

Mike Tomlin
12-08-2010, 02:49 PM
From that angle it looked like a cheap shot but the Ravens had been playin dirty the whole game. Ray snatched him up pretty quick I think Hines was in trouble. Lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2010, 03:10 PM
The only thing that I can even remotely feel bad for in this case is that McClain doesn't make anywhere near as much as guys like Harrison do. So the NFL needs to revamp this whole fine process and make it based on your salary to some degree. Money is money, and losing it sucks no matter how you lose it. James didn't deserve to get hit with 75K at all, any idiot can see that. This Ravens player is taking a big chunk of his salary and giving it away but at the same time, so are a lot of other NFL players these days.

igor0190
12-08-2010, 03:27 PM
The only thing that I can even remotely feel bad for in this case is that McClain doesn't make anywhere near as much as guys like Harrison do. So the NFL needs to revamp this whole fine process and make it based on your salary to some degree. Money is money, and losing it sucks no matter how you lose it. James didn't deserve to get hit with 75K at all, any idiot can see that. This Ravens player is taking a big chunk of his salary and giving it away but at the same time, so are a lot of other NFL players these days.

:plus1:
There is no doubt these fines are ridiculous, and in McClain's case losing a tenth (11%) of your yearly salary for one bad hit would definately be hard to swallow. Welcome to the new NFL, irrational and stubborn.

Root4Stlrs
12-08-2010, 03:33 PM

The Ratbirds were lucky up until this point to avoid one of these hits. When you play hard hitting defensive football, these kind of hits are just going to happen unfortunately.

I never had too much respect for Hairball anyway. He is ungracious in both winning and losing. He needs to watch the press conferences of coaches who know how to act. He was so smug in that interview he made me sick. The other thing that he said was in response to a question about the Ryan Clark comment about playing for Baltimore if he wasn't playing for the Steelers. He never responded with anything about the Steelers - rather he kept praising his own team with no acknowledgement whatsoever.

LatrobePA
12-08-2010, 03:35 PM
So if I was a practice squad player that got to suit up one day and on that day I decided to take a cheap shot that seriously injures another player you would be OK with me only getting a fine of say 5K because I make much less than a franchise type player?

No offense but I disagree, an illegal hit from a guy making league min is still an illegal hit...

As for John, he and his brother are both douchers!!

KSSteelerfan
12-08-2010, 06:28 PM
"cry me a river"

Exactly.........:yellowthumb:

Speeed
12-08-2010, 08:32 PM
I was listening to a local radio interview of Harbaugh (I live just outside of Baltimore) and he was bragging about "how his guys knew how to tackle." He went on to say that "Harrison will eventually figure it ou" or something like that.

To my delight, he had two players fined and he can't figure out why (we know better). Now, don't get me wrong, I wish Miller and Ben were not injured, but they are, and what better way to apply justice than to fine the offenders!

I used to like Harbaugh. I hear him on the local radio station quite a bit. But, I have figured out he is a classless hole.

I hope they go 0-4 for the last games of the season. And they get fined through the roof because they get so frustrated.

steelersbabex25
12-08-2010, 08:37 PM
I was listening to a local radio interview of Harbaugh (I live just outside of Baltimore) and he was bragging about "how his guys knew how to tackle." He went on to say that "Harrison will eventually figure it ou" or something like that.

To my delight, he had two players fined and he can't figure out why (we know better). Now, don't get me wrong, I wish Miller and Ben were not injured, but they are, and what better way to apply justice than to fine the offenders!

I used to like Harbaugh. I hear him on the local radio station quite a bit. But, I have figured out he is a classless hole.

I hope they go 0-4 for the last games of the season. And they get fined through the roof because they get so frustrated.

He is honestly such an *******. God. What an ignorant moron.

coach
12-08-2010, 10:27 PM
The thing that cheeses me off about the flags not being thrown on the Miller hit is that it was plainly obvious when it occurred. Someone could argue than Ben's hit wasn't obvious until the replay occurred after we saw his nose (although it would have been spotted by a vigilant ref if Brady was hit), but that hit on Miller was the text book definition of hitting a defenseless receiver in the head. How hard did those refs fight to keep the flags in their pocket at that moment, AND WHY?

Given their mantra of: "we're going to eliminate these safety issues from the league," I have to think that someone was sending a message: "We can throw the flags if we want to or we can keep them in our pocket if we want to; Guess what happens to those who complain about the league?"

This is craziness.

Root4Stlrs
12-08-2010, 11:50 PM
The thing that cheeses me off about the flags not being thrown on the Miller hit is that it was plainly obvious when it occurred. Someone could argue than Ben's hit wasn't obvious until the replay occurred after we saw his nose (although it would have been spotted by a vigilant ref if Brady was hit), but that hit on Miller was the text book definition of hitting a defenseless receiver in the head. How hard did those refs fight to keep the flags in their pocket at that moment, AND WHY?

Given their mantra of: "we're going to eliminate these safety issues from the league," I have to think that someone was sending a message: "We can throw the flags if we want to or we can keep them in our pocket if we want to; Guess what happens to those who complain about the league?"

This is craziness.

Has there ever been an explanation from McCauley as to why his crew didn't throw the flag?

jpele
12-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Has there ever been an explanation from McCauley as to why his crew didn't throw the flag?

Sure was:

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/297512/Invisible%20flag.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMLEdc_4itI&feature=player_embedded

igor0190
12-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Haha... now you understand what the Steelers have been dealing with! Serves harbaugh right for what he said about Harrison and his fines.

Report: Haloti Ngata to appeal $15K fine
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/21538/report-haloti-ngata-to-appeal-15k-fine

Baltimore Ravens Pro Bowl defensive lineman Haloti Ngata is appealing his $15,000 fine for his hit to the face of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger last Sunday.

The hit, which appeared unintentional, broke Roethlisberger's nose. Ngata was not flagged on the play.

"Of course, I think it's not right," Ngata told the Baltimore Sun. "I feel like there was no other way I could have played that play because I'm swimming the guard, he starts to duck, and my arm is coming down over the guard. But I'm going to appeal it and see if, hopefully, I can get some money back."

Steelers_All_Day_43
12-09-2010, 03:00 PM

You actually had respect for Harbaugh?

igor0190
12-09-2010, 03:04 PM

Not really... I just forgot how much of a doofus he was until this was brought up. He has been a classless idiot in the past too.

Root4Stlrs
12-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Sure was:

:clap: Pretty funny - the invisible flag - and the video with the juxtaposition of Hairball's comments and the hits on Sunday night.

LatrobePA
12-09-2010, 03:12 PM

Ditto, the guy is a hairy d***bag!!

LarryNJ
12-09-2010, 04:33 PM
I think sometimes coaches do not think hard enough when they try to defend their players. .... Let's face it, Harbaugh is still stinging from the loss.

Yes it is killing him for sure.

Now I understand why Tomlin is so non committal in his comments about the league. .

They are both young coaches and like everything else it takes time and experience to handle the media. Tomlin is a little better at in 3 or 4 years we'll be saying how they never tell you a thing.

coach
12-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Sure was:

Awesome pic/vid. I couldn't even finish watching the video........It is absolutley infuriating.

JensK
12-10-2010, 06:26 AM
Well, our coach have been speaking up for our players as well, even though some of Harrisons hits have been illigal. Thats what a good coach do. Obviously, both of the plays should be fined according the the guideline which NFL have made this year, but I know I would have lost faith in Tomlin, had he not questioned the fines, which he have done.

greennick
12-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Well, our coach have been speaking up for our players as well, even though some of Harrisons hits have been illigal. Thats what a good coach do. Obviously, both of the plays should be fined according the the guideline which NFL have made this year, but I know I would have lost faith in Tomlin, had he not questioned the fines, which he have done.

Winner! So true.

igor0190
12-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Ravens coach John Harbaugh addressed the matter briefly.

"I have nothing to say about it," he said. "That game is history. It's not relevant to what we're trying to do in this game."

When a reporter followed up by saying he wanted to give Harbaugh a chance to respond to Harrison's accusation, Harbaugh replied, "I could care less what he thinks."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravens-notebook-1210,0,6150286.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+baltimoresun%2Fsports%2Ffootb all%2Frss2+%28+Ravens%2FFootball%29

Longshanks
12-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Ravens coach John Harbaugh addressed the matter briefly.

"I have nothing to say about it," he said. "That game is history. It's not relevant to what we're trying to do in this game."

When a reporter followed up by saying he wanted to give Harbaugh a chance to respond to Harrison's accusation, Harbaugh replied, "I could care less what he thinks."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravens-notebook-1210,0,6150286.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+baltimoresun%2Fsports%2Ffootb all%2Frss2+%28+Ravens%2FFootball%29

Hm, if he could care less, that means he does care, since if he didn't care at all then he couldn't care less. What a moron...

Root4Stlrs
12-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Hm, if he could care less, that means he does care, since if he didn't care at all then he couldn't care less. What a moron...

He's just a pompous ***, young coach or not. He will never learn how to act - he's too sanctimonious and self-impressed.

Zachintosh66
12-10-2010, 11:24 PM

Today:

Quote:
OWINGS MILLS, Md.óBaltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh expressed shock and disbelief at inside linebacker Jameel McClain(notes) being fined $40,000 by the NFL for his concussion-causing hit on Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Heath Miller(notes). McClain knocked Miller out of the game.

The hefty fine represents 11.75 percent of McClain's $470,000 salary and is more than his $26,647 weekly game check.

ďI was shocked," Harbaugh said tonight on his weekly radio program. "Heís a first-time offender. Jameel,there was nothing he can do. I think the league understands that. I canít imagine why they fined him so much.

No ****, what do you expect him to say... worthless thread

Root4Stlrs
12-10-2010, 11:29 PM
No ****, what do you expect him to say... worthless thread

I don't know -- maybe he could have manned up and said that his players should have been fined based on the sanctimonious BS he spewed in his interview.

coach
12-11-2010, 06:11 PM
If he would have kept his mouth shut before the game, he wouldn't have had to say anything afterwards. All that "our players have adapted" and I love the NFL and the NFL rules are extremely clear horse crap. HOW DO YOU LIKE THE RULES NOW, YOU POMPOUS A$$? :banana:

I think it looks good on him. I hope they get hit with a few more and then he has to come out and defend one of his players, especially if it was 52. This would be hilarious.