PDA

View Full Version : Pats are the team to beat...

TheButt
12-07-2010, 12:09 AM
If we are going to make a run at a 7th SB -- its going to go thru them.... after 3 qts. they are smashing the Jets -- 38-3 with over 400 yards of offense...and a whole qt. to go.

We're gonna have to blitz 17 guys to beat them. Our secondary will get shredded.
Not looking good folks.

Big T
12-07-2010, 12:23 AM
The titans were the team to beat in 2008 and Baltimore knocked them off for us. Let's just hope somethin like that happens again because if we have to play the pats in the playoffs, especially in New England, we will not win lol

nuclearchihuahuas
12-07-2010, 12:33 AM
2 min to go and its 45 to 3. The Pats have had our number. It's going to be a serious uphill battle. Coach LeBeau needs to find a way to handle their offense!

steelersfaninms
12-07-2010, 12:50 AM
Yes right now they seem like the team to beat but you never know what is going to happen on any sunday. heck next week someone could take Brady's knee out and then I think the Pats season goes down the drain. Just some wishfull thinking though

LatrobePA
12-07-2010, 01:05 AM
B4 this game the Jets were the team to beat! Dirty is still too young and hasn't got the marbles to take them anywhere this year!!

LarryNJ
12-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Eli beat them when they were unstoppable. If we make it to Boston for the championship game I like our odds, we're due to beat them. :) I know there are many haters on here who would never admit it but Brady is up there in that elite class of the best ever.

Dean Denton
12-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Eli beat them when they were unstoppable. If we make it to Boston for the championship game I like our odds, we're due to beat them. :) I know there are many haters on here who would never admit it but Brady is up there in that elite class of the best ever.To be in the elite class dont you have to win SB's without cheating? dont you find it odd that all three of Bradys' SB were won with field goals in the last minute of the game? Dont elite QB's take home and score TD's? To me it looks like the Pats have just found another loop hole and they are cheating again. This coach/QB combo is BS and I will never believe they are on the level. There is a reason no one beats them twice in a season, and in time we wil get all the answers. However, it might come at the back end of a few more SB's.

LarryNJ
12-07-2010, 10:34 AM
To be in the elite class dont you have to win SB's without cheating? dont you find it odd that all three of Bradys' SB were won with field goals in the last minute of the game? Dont elite QB's take home and score TD's? To me it looks like the Pats have just found another loop hole and they are cheating again. This coach/QB combo is BS and I will never believe they are on the level. There is a reason no one beats them twice in a season, and in time we wil get all the answers. However, it might come at the back end of a few more SB's.

We'll just have to agree to disagree because I really believe that the whole cheating thing is blown out of proportion. You sound like the Raiders fans in the 70's that say the Steelers cheated by watering down the field amongst other things in the playoffs. I'm not saying that the Pats never did anything against the rules or the Steelers never did either, but I really don't think that's why they won 3 Super Bowls. It has more to do with coaching and players executing under pressure situations. Like him or not Brady is one of the best ever.

LatrobePA
12-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Pats are the team to beat...

Do ya think!! lol

Scorp
12-07-2010, 12:52 PM
It's scary to know the pats can eliminate our Steelers in the playoffs....again. I can't stand them, but they play so damn well. Back in 05 the broncos took out the pats for us. Brady got his *** knocked out in the first game of the 08 season, so that helped us out again. But this year, who knows. It's shaping up to be something special for the Steelers or disastrous should the Steelers meet the pats in the championship game. We'll see what happens from here on out. Maybe brady will have a season ending injury coming up.

Rampage
12-07-2010, 01:03 PM
There's a lot of time left in this season, so I am not worried about the Patriots. Strange things can happen leading up to the playoffs.

Troyisabeast_43
12-07-2010, 05:04 PM
It's scary to know the pats can eliminate our Steelers in the playoffs....again. I can't stand them, but they play so damn well. Back in 05 the broncos took out the pats for us. Brady got his *** knocked out in the first game of the 08 season, so that helped us out again. But this year, who knows. It's shaping up to be something special for the Steelers or disastrous should the Steelers meet the pats in the championship game. We'll see what happens from here on out. Maybe brady will have a season ending injury coming up.

For the exact reasons you said of them not being in the Steelers way in both the 05 and 08 championship run is more of a reason for me to want to face them this year in the AFC Championship Game and beat them. We owe the Patriots and Belichick and Brady payback not only for the stomping they gave the Steelers here last month but for also killing our Super Bowl chances in 01 and 04 by winning the AFC Championship game at Heinz Field. It's time to return the favor and win the AFC Championship in Foxborough...Hopefully this is the year it will happen...

Dean Denton
12-07-2010, 07:00 PM
We'll just have to agree to disagree because I really believe that the whole cheating thing is blown out of proportion. You sound like the Raiders fans in the 70's that say the Steelers cheated by watering down the field amongst other things in the playoffs. I'm not saying that the Pats never did anything against the rules or the Steelers never did either, but I really don't think that's why they won 3 Super Bowls. It has more to do with coaching and players executing under pressure situations. Like him or not Brady is one of the best ever. You can disagree, thats your right, but then its clear that you really dont understand what is was that the Pats were doing. There is a big difference from watering down a field and stealing signals with video. There's a reason why all that film was lost, burnt or stolen. The league understands what happened, all the players and coaches understand, and most of all, Drew Bledsoe knows why that team won those games. If ya get a chance, try and find the ESPN Bledsoe interview. Oh, and how many SB's have the Pats won since they were caught cheating? "0"....

DIESELMAN
12-08-2010, 09:31 AM
I would rather us beat the Pats with Brady playing and get that monkey off our backs. The biggest strength of the Pats isn't Brady, it's game planning and execution. To beat the Pats, we have to be better at that then they are.

LatrobePA
12-08-2010, 11:15 AM
biggest strength of the Pats isn't Brady

You sure about that? HE certainly carved up the Jets not the coaches...Just say'n!

I hate the bastard but you can't hide the fact that he's on a roll right now!

Farrior Fan
12-08-2010, 11:54 AM
I would rather us beat the Pats with Brady playing and get that monkey off our backs. The biggest strength of the Pats isn't Brady, it's game planning and execution. To beat the Pats, we have to be better at that then they are.

Since game planning is only a strength of our Defense and it has been very spotty this year I guess we are screwed. I really hope the Ravens knock them out in the playoffs.

I really do not think we stand a snowballs chance at beating the Pats.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Does any one else think they are just 'TOO' good? I hate to say it but I am highly suspicious that Bellichik is up to his old games or some new version of them. Since they were beaten by Cleveland they have transformed so utterly remarkably as to make me suspicious that a miracle has either occurred or they are cheating again. I realize I work for the Court system and outcomes this dramatic always make me investigate more diligently, but the turn-around this year is so astonishing I can't help but be suspicious. It would liken it to the C student in school who suddenly and without warning begins to get A+s. A diligent teacher will not accuse but will keep an eye out for cheating. I guess I saying if I were the NFL, I'd start watching more diligently.

DIESELMAN
12-08-2010, 01:14 PM
You sure about that? HE certainly carved up the Jets not the coaches...Just say'n!

I hate the bastard but you can't hide the fact that he's on a roll right now!

I'm real sure about that. Brady is by far their best player and a great QB but he's not the one who comes up with the game plan, he executes it. Case in point, its the game plan against our D that says to pass 75% of the time, when every other team is trying to establish the run. Bellichek, whether you hate him or not, is the superstar of the Patriots. Game planning and the players executing that plan separate the Patsies from most of the league. If I were Tomlin, BA and LeBeau, I would dig out the videos of all the games we've played against the Patsies in the past 5-6 years and go through them, go through them and go through them and come up with a game plan they have never seen before from us. Game planning and execution if we can find it will beat the Patsies.

Dean Denton
12-09-2010, 04:26 AM
Does any one else think they are just 'TOO' good? I hate to say it but I am highly suspicious that Bellichik is up to his old games or some new version of them. Since they were beaten by Cleveland they have transformed so utterly remarkably as to make me suspicious that a miracle has either occurred or they are cheating again. I realize I work for the Court system and outcomes this dramatic always make me investigate more diligently, but the turn-around this year is so astonishing I can't help but be suspicious. It would liken it to the C student in school who suddenly and without warning begins to get A+s. A diligent teacher will not accuse but will keep an eye out for cheating. I guess I saying if I were the NFL, I'd start watching more diligently.Scroll back and you will see I have said the same thing. Trust your gut because I feel the same way. They have found a loop hole, and i'm sure we wont find out for three or four years.

LarryNJ
12-09-2010, 08:15 AM
I'm real sure about that. Brady is by far their best player and a great QB but he's not the one who comes up with the game plan, he executes it. Case in point, its the game plan against our D that says to pass 75% of the time, when every other team is trying to establish the run. Bellichek, whether you hate him or not, is the superstar of the Patriots. Game planning and the players executing that plan separate the Patsies from most of the league. If I were Tomlin, BA and LeBeau, I would dig out the videos of all the games we've played against the Patsies in the past 5-6 years and go through them, go through them and go through them and come up with a game plan they have never seen before from us. Game planning and execution if we can find it will beat the Patsies.

I agree with you, if you look at the Cowher it took him 14 years before he did anything different in the playoffs, when he finally did he won a SB. I believe that Bellichek has a game plan and another plan if that doesn't work than another. Not saying that Tomlin and LeBeau don't but they will need to step it up a bit, I'm confident that they will.

pimplydan
12-09-2010, 09:09 AM
oh my,never better said.I never got those defeats out of my mind and never will,but to kick thier ______ss in foxborough would be AWESOME.