PDA

View Full Version : It's Bungles week!

Steel Trap86
12-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Even though most Steeler fans are gonna be basking in that Ravens win for a couple more days, looking ahead we have another divisional game coming up with the Bengals, this time it's in Pitt. After all the talk T.O. and Chad have been doing, there hasn't been a lot of follow-through and seeing them at 2-10 right now (lol) I'm losing respect for them as players just because they continue to run their mouths even with the terrible record attached to them. I look forward to a classic Bengal sh!t kicking this sunday and bumping up to 10 wins, with a 4-1 division record. It's funny cause everybody predicted the Steelers a 7 win team, no way they would get 10 wins and here they are in position to take a strangle hold on the AFC North and what better way to do it then beating the **** out of some worthless Bengal players in front of the home crowd. Time to punch out T.Ocho lol Can't wait to see this one! :club:

nuclearchihuahuas
12-06-2010, 08:18 PM
I must admit, I hate the Bungals more than any other team in the AFC North division. To me, the Ratbirds and the Clowns are usually (or have been in the past) worthy opponents. The Bungals have never been considered (by me) to be worthy. Even in the year they went to the SB, they could gloat and whine all at the same time. I hate orange football uniforms in general and tiger stripes are just not manly. Now, with the loud mouths of TO and Ochowhatever it is today, and Carson (has not been the same since Kemo von Olhoffen inadvertently hit his knee) cannot get it together regularly, they blame eveyone and everything else. God, I hate whiners. Worse still, when the accomplish even a minor goal they gloat like they are the second coming of the greatest show on turf. Chil' PLEASE!

I hope the team is up for these guys and do not overlook them on the way to the Jets. We all remember how the Bills nearly (and rightfully probably should have) beat us. I will hide in shame and mourn if we lose this game. I am asking the team to destroy the Bungals, for all of us who despise gloaters and whiners. Please guys...Thanks :helmet:

Goodfrom55
12-06-2010, 08:36 PM
With all the "potential" on the Bengals offense, it always makes me a little nervous to play them, no matter their record. Only thing to hope for is the Bengals mailed it in for the rest of the season and they don't even put up a fight on Sunday. (especially with the way McFadden has been playing CB this season).

Bengals are very dangerous football team (really), and hopefully the Steelers keep their foot on the gas against them.

Troyisabeast_43
12-06-2010, 08:41 PM
This will be a lot like the games against both the Raiders and the Bills. If the Steelers can get up early in this game at home and go up 14 or 17-0 the Bengals most likely will call it a day and not do what they did to the Steelers back in Cincinnati when the Steelers nearly blew a 20 point lead. Palmer has been terrible on the road so far this season and has been an absolute turnover machine on the road. The Steelers defense should be able to get to him and force a bunch of them and I feel like this week that maybe even 1 or 2 of those will lead to a score. This Steelers defense is due to take an interception or a fumble to the house and this week against the Bengals might indeed be the week it happens...

Steel Trap86
12-06-2010, 08:47 PM
With all the "potential" on the Bengals offense, it always makes me a little nervous to play them, no matter their record. Only thing to hope for is the Bengals mailed it in for the rest of the season and they don't even put up a fight on Sunday. (especially with the way McFadden has been playing CB this season).

Bengals are very dangerous football team (really), and hopefully the Steelers keep their foot on the gas against them.

Brakes went out yesterday, they'll keep rolling straight through Cinci imo. The D is back to form, except McFadden who had a terrible game and he knows it, but that was a signature win yesterday for the Steelers.

SteelDad
12-06-2010, 09:39 PM
It has all the makings of a classic 'trap' game with the NY Jets coming in the following week. If they beat the Pats tonight then the match-up in two weeks could very well be for home-field. I really don't see us looking past the Bengals though. It has become too big of a rivalry and I'm willing to bet one of the motivating factors this week is that beating the Ravens doesn't mean jack squat if we don't finish off the Bungles.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2010, 09:55 PM
The Bengals have proven they can come back from being down by several TD's, but they just can't finish off the game. They keep finding ways to lose the close games and fall short of the big comeback. The Steelers can't have any hangover from this big win, it's gotta be the pedal to the metal this weekend coming up and not give up the prime position they are in right now.

scott0326
12-07-2010, 04:11 AM
This game SCREAMS trap game to me, Steelers NEED to win this game. Bengals are (at least I think anyway) better then their record indicates. They have a pretty dangerous offense and Steelers cant take them lightly, especially with it being a rivalry game and you know the Bengals would love nothing more then to play spoiler against us.

coldrolled
12-07-2010, 08:31 AM
This game SCREAMS trap game to me, Steelers NEED to win this game. Bengals are (at least I think anyway) better then their record indicates. They have a pretty dangerous offense and Steelers cant take them lightly, especially with it being a rivalry game and you know the Bengals would love nothing more then to play spoiler against us.

This is the Bengals AFCC game.

jpele
12-07-2010, 08:40 AM
FYI......

If the Bengals give up a 20-yard run Sunday, they will become the first team in NFL history to open the season by giving up a 20-yard run or more in their first 13 games. They are currently tied with the 1958 49ers, a club that played only 12 games.

Root4Stlrs
12-07-2010, 09:48 AM
I want to see if T.O. maintains his record in Pittsburgh (at least the games I've seen him play there) and ends up yelling at his coordinator or teammates like he has when he was here with Philly and Dallas. He followed McNabb up and down the sideline in the Philly game and could be seen yelling at his coordinator at end of the Dallas game when Romo choked and threw the ball to Deshea (still one of my all time favorite plays). I'm sure you guys remember those episodes, as well. I want to see if he'll go three for three. :popcorn:

coldrolled
12-07-2010, 09:51 AM
I want to see if T.O. maintains his record in Pittsburgh (at least the games I've seen him play there) and ends up yelling at his coordinator or teammates like he has when he was here with Philly and Dallas. He followed McNabb up and down the sideline in the Philly game and could be seen yelling at his coordinator at end of the Dallas game when Romo choked and threw the ball to Deshea (still one of my all time favorite plays). I'm sure you guys remember those episodes, as well. I want to see if he'll go three for three. :popcorn:

Speaking of the OC and yelling at TO... Watch Josh McDaniels end up there....

Root4Stlrs
12-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Speaking of the OC and yelling at TO... Watch Josh McDaniels end up there....

In Cincinnati? They say this is Marvin Lewis's last year and speculating on making Mike Zimmer HC - hope he doesn't end up there as OC. He might be able to make their offense good.

harroberts
12-07-2010, 10:17 AM
where in the heck do yous guys get thers stats.....lmao

cmerrifield
12-07-2010, 11:28 AM
This game makes me nervous. I dont think there is anything more dangerous than when you play teams with nothing to lose at the end of the season. The Bengals would like nothing more than to wreck the Steelers division lead and end a horrible losing streak. Our defense better be ready.

LarryNJ
12-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Every game makes me nervous, although I believe we are on a mission and will take care of the Bengals fairly easily. It will be another game to prove that Palmer is the most over rated player of the last 5 or 6 years.

StlersGuy
12-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Hmm the bungals the only team that did not know they where going to snap the ball..:lol: oh we do got this game

*Sent from my HTC EVO using the Now Network using Tapatalk Pro.

jnes1216
12-07-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm worried one of the Bengals defensive players goes after Ben's foot, I wouldn't put it past them.

Palmer is having a really bad year. This last Sunday he couldn't even get the team lined up to spike the ball on their last drive and was forced to call a timeout after wasting 10 seconds or so. He went over to the sideline and just stared straight ahead at nothing while M Lewis gave him the next play. He's frustrated and seems to have lost his fight.

coldrolled
12-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Hmm the bungals the only team that did not know they where going to snap the ball..:lol: oh we do got this game

*Sent from my HTC EVO using the Now Network using Tapatalk Pro.

once they pass the 50 they will be going for all 4th downs... then they will try fake field goals, on side kicks, fake punts pull all the stops on us.. they have nothing to lose... they can only win....

if they lose its another day in cinci.... if they win its the super bowl for them.. not a good game to have to deal with.

we need to control the clock and force turn overs in a big way...

:tt02:

Rampage
12-07-2010, 01:27 PM
My biggest concern with this game is injuries. Last time we played the Bungles they took out some players; hopefully our guys can pull out the win and return the favor.

SteelJunkie
12-07-2010, 01:53 PM
He is an old MNF promo from the late Leslie Nielsen making fun of the bungels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTHsNVXXlus&feature=player_embedded

LarryNJ
12-07-2010, 02:23 PM
I was in Munich this year for Oktoberfest so I like this one. Brings back great memories and proves everyone the world over knows they suck. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oklmxnFm-Ec

steelers4life66
12-07-2010, 04:54 PM
FYI......

If the Bengals give up a 20-yard run Sunday, they will become the first team in NFL history to open the season by giving up a 20-yard run or more in their first 13 games. They are currently tied with the 1958 49ers, a club that played only 12 games.

I can see that happening. RM is due for a big game.

cmerrifield
12-07-2010, 05:07 PM
I can see that happening. RM is due for a big game.

I hope so, he is on my fantasy team and its the playoffs. :lol:

steelchamp204
12-07-2010, 05:37 PM
I really see this being a close game but Imnot worried about the jets AT ALL after how they performed lastnight.Anyone see that video they did of bart scott on espn, bart scott is OVERATED.

coldrolled
12-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Tomlin replied, "I'm not ready to have a quarter talk. It's Tuesday of the Cincinnati Bengals. They swept us a year ago. They celebrated pretty nicely on our field the second time they beat us. That's my focus."

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2010, 09:47 AM
He's right, when u get swept by a team the previous year and watch them celebrate like jerks on your home field, you don't forget that. The Steelers have scores to settle in this last month of the season so there is still plenty to be concerned about and focused on.

Raleigh Steel
12-08-2010, 03:39 PM
okay gang, here are the top 5 things i'm looking for this weekend:

http://steelersal.forummotion.com/steelers-talk-f1/week-14-steelers-vs-bengals-t2190.htm#21932

jpele
12-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Bengals set record for number of appearances in other teams' highlight films

<<<<HERE>>>> (http://www.derfmagazine.com/news/sports/bengals-highlights)

Scorp
12-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Q. What do you remember about the first meeting between these teams?

A. That we had some splash plays early and it set the stage for us. We had some significant plays in the kicking game – we caused a fumble on the opening kickoff and blocked a punt early – and it was a shot in the arm that we needed to get started. We’re going to need a similar shot in the arm from some of those guys again this week.

Q. Will we see more of the pistol-formation from Ben Roethlisberger this week, where he lines up in a short shotgun with a running back behind him?

A. If need be. That’s solely based on his mobility. We did what we had to do in Baltimore to give him an opportunity to be effective. We know we’re capable of calling on it.

Q. Is Ben’s pocket presence what makes him unique?

A. He has a unique skill set. It’s what makes him him. He’s mobile, he’s aware, he’s competitive, he’s a big guy who’s tough to get on the ground. All of those things, all of those ingredients, provide a recipe that makes him different than most.

Q. How did Shaun Suisham do last week as an emergency punter?

A. I thought he did a really nice job. I was less concerned about his ability to punt and more concerned about him just catching the ball. It’s not like placekickers use their hands too often. There was some uneasiness in terms of watching those snaps go back there, but we knew he was a capable kicker.

Q. In Baltimore, Ravens guard Chris Chester committed a false start penalty on an extra point and James Harrison took it personally. Do you agree with James?

A. I do, and the reason is this: that technique is not consistent with PAT/field goal protection. It leads you to potentially believe it was premeditated and therefore deliberate.

Q. The Bengals come here with a nine-game losing streak, but seven of those games were lost by a single score. What does that tell you?

A. They’re not making the significant plays at the significant moments to win football games. This is the ultimate parity league, and there’s not much difference between being a good team and a bad team. The good teams consistently make the necessary plays situationally to win games, and the bad teams consistently do not. For whatever reason, the Bengals haven’t made those plays this year – very similar plays that they made in winning the division a year ago. I’m not necessarily worried about their ability to make those plays and more concerned about ours, and thankfully this year we have made those plays.

Q. Is there one area where they seem to be consistently coming up short?

A. It’s popcorn, as we say in the business – it’s a combination of things. There’s no question they’re a well-coached team, no question they’re a talented team in just about all areas. It’s just not coming together for them, for whatever reason.

Q. Has the theme from the coaching staff to the players this week been about not letting Cincinnati un-do what you accomplished in Baltimore?

A. It really hasn’t. It’s really been more about AFC North football for us. We set out at the beginning of this journey to be a world championship caliber football team, and we realize that starts with division dominance. It’s an AFC North game, these guys swept us a year ago – all of those are reasons why we’re fired up.

Q. Do the Bengals run a pressure defense?

A. They’re capable of that, particularly when they put those two linebackers in the A-gap. Look for that with Dhani Jones and Brandon Johnson standing in that A-gap. They have a myriad of pressures that come out of that look, but they’re also capable of dropping into coverage.

Q. If you had to boil it down to one player on their defense you fear, who would that be?

A. Probably it would be Leon Hall. They have a first-round shutdown cornerback in him. He’s capable of playing inside in sub-package football, also getting involved against the run, and pressuring and covering. He’s a linchpin kind of guy for them.

Q. One of the Bengals offensive tackles – Andrew Whitworth – leads the fan voting for the Pro Bowl. What have you seen from him on tape?

A. He’s playing extremely well, especially considering some of the things going on around him. The other tackle position has been a revolving door in that they’re played three people at that spot. Whitworth has really distinguished himself and done a nice job.

pimplydan
12-12-2010, 09:59 AM
I like the way Tomlin answers the question straight to the point.He has a gasp on everthing that's why he's HC.Gland I read this before game I'll be looking out for those guys in the A-gaps.I'm always guessing what going to come up before the play start.It's fun to watch the game with friends and call the plays before they happen,I'm not too bad at that.I find Cris Collingworth pretty good two.I hope the steelers kick --- today with domination on both sides of the ball.Happy with W.I'll be keeping a eye on Hall as well.Enjoy the game steeler fans.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Today is the day, time to rectify that last season sweep and put a knife in the hearts of the Bengals! Come out firing, be on your game, and take them down!

nuclearchihuahuas
12-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Today is the day, time to rectify that last season sweep and put a knife in the hearts of the Bengals! Come out firing, be on your game, and take them down!

We took them down, but not the way we were hoping. I will definitely take it though! :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2010, 12:36 AM
A win is a win, and the Bengals had nowhere near the offensive output they had in the first meeting. TO had 1 catch, last time he had 2 TD and over 100 yds. Running game was not a factor and Palmer tossed 3 INT's. Pretty good day to be a STeelers fan, not so good one to be a Bungal!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-13-2010, 12:43 AM
It helped that Palmer has no arm strength left and was throwing some ducks out there today.....Palmer is finished with the Bengals.....Really it would be in the best interest of both to part ways.......

Steel Trap86
12-13-2010, 01:01 AM
Go to sleep Bungles, you still suck, no improvement. Cancel the show.
This win was just as sweet as last weeks

igor0190
12-13-2010, 01:14 AM
It helped that Palmer has no arm strength left and was throwing some ducks out there today.....Palmer is finished with the Bengals.....Really it would be in the best interest of both to part ways.......

They would have to be insane to pay Palmer 11+ Million to play next season for them...
Palmer must be tired of Cinci too... Money aside, I bet he's really hoping for a change of scenery.

They will blow that team up to some degree just as the ESPN AFC North blog (James Walker) said last week.

HAHA, I love those pictures! Lamarr Woodley posted em on his Fbook!